It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The "up-to-the-minute Market Data" thread

page: 520
<< 517  518  519    521  522  523 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 03:29 PM
link   
reply to post by stander

I mean I def still think we hit Resistance 2, which is at like SP1100 area..then fishtail off and come back through, I am still confident by the end of next year we see Dow 13,000 area or near historical highs if not higher

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by GreenBicMan
reply to post by stander

I mean I def still think we hit Resistance 2, which is at like SP1100 area..then fishtail off and come back through, I am still confident by the end of next year we see Dow 13,000 area or near historical highs if not higher

Honestly...I respect your view but I hope you are very wrong. I shutter to think where the dollar and the price of oil and utilities bills and food bills will be which will an already struggling world populace.

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 05:18 PM
link   
reply to post by GreenBicMan

We got Standers forecast "60" for a new high on the Nasdaq. The S&P closed at 1033.37 so its only about 7 points away from a new high. As you mentioned the NG and oil sectors really are not participating in this rally yet. Wonder how we will do in asia tonight?

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 07:14 PM
link   
reply to post by fromunclexcommunicate

If you remember 2100-2200 is my "sweet spot" for the NASDAQ if you remember that about 400 pages ago, if we get there I feel really comfortable about the way this market is headed, and that is continuing this run, when it is done I think it will be better than 2003

I think either

1. Markets take off in about a week.. 10,000 in view easily for mid-late sept.

2. We top out again right here +10 - 10 SP pts and we wait until november area to make the next run

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 07:16 PM
link   
reply to post by RetinoidReceptor

You never know what we are building to, perhaps a new catalyst like tech/green/who knows.. everyone gets rich (well in their minds at least with debt as well), spends over their means, loses it all, then starts all over again - pretty much america in a nutshell

[edit on 9-9-2009 by GreenBicMan]

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 07:52 PM
link   
by the way if we were still playing our weekly options game I would take half off the table

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 08:19 PM
link   

reply to post by fromunclexcommunicate

If you remember 2100-2200 is my "sweet spot" for the NASDAQ if you remember that about 400 pages ago, if we get there I feel really comfortable about the way this market is headed, and that is continuing this run, when it is done I think it will be better than 2003

I think either

1. Markets take off in about a week.. 10,000 in view easily for mid-late sept.

2. We top out again right here +10 - 10 SP pts and we wait until november area to make the next run

What about the option of markets remaining flat for like a month? Moving in a range rather than making any substantial move? How likely is that do you think.

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 08:43 PM
link   
That would be my number 2 in a nutshell

topping out here not really going anywhere.. but to me its a 50/50 maybe 51/49 #1: #2

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by RetinoidReceptor

reply to post by stander

Honestly...I respect your view but I hope you are very wrong. I shutter to think where the dollar and the price of oil and utilities bills and food bills will be which will an already struggling world populace.

The oil prices appreciate roughly twice the way the markets do. Since oil and gas prices are obviously tightly related, the price of gas would be a heavy ball chained to the effort to get the economy out of the nursing home where Bernanke sent it from the hospital.

I think that oil hits the $80 per barrel mark before the Dow climbs over the 10k fence. Just wondering what the time difference would be.

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 09:37 PM
link   
Might be 1:1 ratio

80/10000

You said it first, if this happens, I know you a prophet yawyeh, peace be upon you

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 11:59 PM
link   
Time for an eye exam . . .

That wouldn't be Ray Dalio, if he didn't attempt to put his signature on one of the major market indexes. Where would he put his signature: in the Dow, NASDAQ, or S&P?

Not easy to say; these guys who are worth $4 billion + (self-made) don't think the way most of the folks do -- and they are very observant as well.

How come that Ray Dalio knows how much he is worth?

You have to count the money. And that means Ray is going to count; he's going to count the letters in his name: RAY=3, DALIO=5. That's the same as DOW=3, JONES=5. But Ray wouldn't use an explicit match, coz he has to solve problems that relate to option chosing when he is working. Like taking his name 35 and solving this equation: 35 = x + y.

There is actually only one applicable solution and that is 35 = 19 + 16.
And why is it so?
That's because 19=S and 16=P in the alphabet. And that means 35 = S + P, which is almost the same as S&P.

But where is the proof that Ray Dalio was thinking this way?
Well, today was the day with the special date 09/09/09 -- three identical digits! And that means three identical digits must show up in S&P, which relates to Ray's signature. Looky, looky, looky . . .

Yes indeed. 333 in a row in today's S&P close 1,033.37 points.

But why 333 and not 111, or 222, or 444, or any other option like that?

Ray likes to keep things simple -- I mean embarassingly simple: 3+3+3=9, and 9 is what today's special date is made of, right, Ray?

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 12:05 AM
link   
Ray Dalio runs this $hit apparently

I heard his tears cure cancer, but he never cries

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 01:14 AM
link   
Dollar Is Near Lowest in Almost Year as Borrowing Costs Plunge
www.bloomberg.com...

DXY 76.88 (low so far tonite...Yesterdays low was 76.80)
www.marketwatch.com...

Job openings down 50% from the peak in 2007
Six unemployed people compete for every available position
www.marketwatch.com...

Foreclosure Activity Remains Near Record Level in August
prnewswire.com

Japan Machinery Orders, Wholesale Prices Slide
www.cnbc.com...

Japan's core machinery orders fell a bigger than expected 9.3 percent in July, in a sign capital spending may stay weak in the coming months and drag on the world's No.2 economy as it crawls out of its deepest postwar recession.

Wholesale prices also slid 8.5 percent in the year to August, matching a record hit in July, pointing to deepening deflation that could force the Bank of Japan to keep its ultra-easy monetary policy in place for a long time to come.

Employers in Australia Cut 27,100 Jobs as Stimulus Spending Begins to Slow
www.bloomberg.com...

New Zealand Export Prices Fall By Most in 58 Years
www.bloomberg.com...

[edit on 9/10/2009 by Hx3_1963]

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 01:35 AM
link   
Y'all think too much.

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 01:49 AM
link   
Gold $995.94

Oil $72.32

Shanghai Composite 2,938.087 2:33AM ET Down 8.172 (0.28%)
Hang Seng 21,289.71 2:33AM ET Up 438.67 (2.10%)
Nikkei 225 10,513.67 2:00AM ET Up 201.53 (1.95%)

9543.22 9581.0 37.78
1033.02 1037.8 4.78

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 01:51 AM
link   

Nikkei 225 10,513.67 2:00AM ET Up 201.53 (1.95%)

What the hell?

The Yen is at 92...really bad for an exporting economy...

And this...

Japan's core machinery orders fell a bigger than expected 9.3 percent in July, in a sign capital spending may stay weak in the coming months and drag on the world's No.2 economy as it crawls out of its deepest postwar recession.

According to the NIKKEI website, the surge was because of the banking sector...what a joke.

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 01:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

Pretty sad eh?

This has to be the biggest pump-n-dump rally since you know when... :shk:

U.S. recession ends, jobless outlook bleak: survey
www.reuters.com...

Risky company defaults to hit 'worst scenario'
www.ft.com...

ECB's Liikanen: euro zone economy has bottomed
www.reuters.com...

If I'm reading this right Germany will be striking if GM keeps Opel??? :shk:

GM Refuses to Endorse Magna's Opel Bid; Union Plans Action If No Decision Taken This Week
24 Aug 09
www.globalinsight.com...

German union leader warns of mass protest on Opel
www.reuters.com...

FRANKFURT, Sept 10 (Reuters) - Opel workers are preparing mass protests if its parent General Motors [GM.UL] fails to pick Canada's Magna (MGa.TO) as the buyer for the European carmaker, a labour leader said ahead of a news conference scheduled for Thursday.

"We will then tomorrow with many thousands of people go to Eisenach ... and will symbolically protect the factory from access with a chain of people," Klaus Franz said on German television station ZDF.

GM to End Months of Suspense, Unveil Opel Decision
www.cnbc.com...

A Sky News report, citing unnamed sources, said GM had taken a decision to keep the operation.

Sources familiar with the proceedings told Reuters GM had dispatched its chief Opel negotiator John Smith to Berlin, where he was expected to brief the trust supervising Opel and German government officials before a news conference scheduled around 4 p.m. (3 pm London time).

Bank of Korea signals tightening, bonds slide
www.reuters.com...

Bank of China Vice President Zhu Sees Stock, Property Bubbles `Everywhere'
www.bloomberg.com...

Shanghai Composite 2,924.883 3:00AM ET Down 21.376 (0.73%)

Sleep-At-Night-Money Lost in Lehman Lesson Missed
www.bloomberg.com...

Missing Lehman Lesson of Shakeout Means Too Big Banks May Fail
www.bloomberg.com...

Van der Moolen shares plunge after bankruptcy
www.reuters.com...

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 05:05 AM
link   
Hmmm...gotta play the numbers game again after that last revised... :shk:

New jobless claims fall 26,000 to 550,000
Total claims, including extended benefits, rises to 9.69 million
www.marketwatch.com...

What to prop up today? Both are sinking... :shk:

Dow Jones Industrial Average 9,516.39 9:48am ET Down 30.83 (0.32%)
S&P 500 INDEX,RTH 1,029.48 9:49am ET Down 3.89 (0.38%)

DXY 76.775 (days low)
(broke yesterdays low...less than 1 above yr low 75.89)
USD/YEN 91.424 (days high) :shk:
GBP rising back towards days highs...

Europe shares turn negative as banks fall; BOE eyed
www.reuters.com...

Geez...make up yer minds already

GM’s Board Said to Recommend Magna as Buyer of Opel
www.bloomberg.com...

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 10:08 AM
link   
With the other world stock indexes making new highs and 10,000 just over head for the Dow the trend should still be up for a while. Ray would probably say the Dow is dragging the beat but someone has to follow when you are dealing with investor groups.

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 11:12 AM
link   
...dipping a stilleto in to say "Hi!"

Have been super busy in LA with a "fun and girly" project that might wind up on your TV so I haven't had a lot of play time but LOVE that y'all are keeping it real and alive!

Biccy: get your butt back to school please?

When you're feelin' bored and restless, check out VIVUS who just released prelim-tests on a new weight-loss drug called "Qnexa..."

I think they are VVUS.O

Hugs with a mask if your jumpy and without if you'd like to be!

[edit on 10-9-2009 by irishchic]

new topics

top topics

<< 517  518  519    521  522  523 >>

join