It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The "up-to-the-minute Market Data" thread

page: 524
<< 521  522  523    525  526  527 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by DangerDeath

Perhaps history needs reshuffling...

And Palestinians should go back to where they came from - to the Balkans - Greece (they are after all Pelasti (Pelasgi), who mixed with Semitic people, became known as Philistines and Phoenicians...).

There's a lot to be re-revealed in apocalyptic times

Is the Speaker of The House Nancy Pelosi related to those Pelasti (Pelasgi) folks?

It's been written that when Anglo-Saxon names will vanish from the Thrones of Power, the sign of apocalyptic times would grow more noticable.

"Obama" is a zephyre conjunction of OB and AMA. But the latter word is not the beginning of the world "amazing." That would be only true when OB are the last letters of the word "job." Like J(OB AMA)ZING. But since it's backward to "amazing job," Obama would do a dismal job as the prez.

The truth is that OB is the name of a river in Russia.
en.wikipedia.org...
That means AMA are the first letters of AMAZON -- another river.
en.wikipedia.org...

Since water flows in the rivers, and water is a liquid, liquidation of apocalyptic proportions shall commence shortly.

The signs are all wet, but The Rag of Recognition shall unobscure the view.
Right?

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 08:33 PM
link   

Failed Bank List
www.fdic.gov...

Venture Bank Lacey WA 22868 September 11, 2009

The FDIC estimates that the cost to the Deposit Insurance Fund (DIF) will be $298 million.

posted on Sep, 12 2009 @ 12:09 AM
link   
SOME BIG NEWS BROKE EARLIER....

Obama is considering imposing tarrifs on chineses tires.

At first, you would say GOOD! ...I would agree...if we were in 2006...or even earlier...

But now the US economy is on the verge of collapsing, the dollar is sinking...and China holds a truckload of US dollars.

China Slams U.S. Tariffs on Tires as 'Serious Act of Trade Protectionism'

President Obama has slapped punitive tariffs on all car and light truck tires entering the United States from China in a decision that could anger the strategically important Asian powerhouse but placate union supporters important to his health care push at home.

Reuters: China says U.S. tire duties are protectionist and violate WTO rules and U.S. commitments to the G20.

Reuters: China says "strongly opposes" U.S. tire duties, reserves right to respond.

Obama sets additional 35 percent duty on Chinese passenger and light truck tires during the first year; 30% for second year; 25% for third.

How did the first depression started?

"The Smoot-Hawley Tariff Act was a protectionist act signed by Herbert Hoover, which raised tariffs on 20,000 imported goods into the United States. Hoover signed the law into law on June 17, 1930. The act is thought to have been a major factor of causing the 1930's Great Depression, and thus Herbert Hoover was largely blamed for the crisis."

Obama, will ``show`` IMO using deception, that he's doing that for the workers... while in fact this will lead to protectionism war, leading to collapse...leading to even more globalism.

Otherwise, it would be wiser to drop it...

Anyway, almost nothing good can come out of this, except if he drops RIGHT NOW. Otherwise, China will be pissed.

The minimum consequences of this IMO will be higher prices for goods in america. Maximum, the dollar sinks even lower, below 70 within 2 weeks.

BTW I would be for tarrif IF the US wouldn't have so much foreign debt.

[edit on 12-9-2009 by Vitchilo]

posted on Sep, 12 2009 @ 12:21 AM
link   
reply to post by GreenBicMan

Do you really want dollars now? The 30 year treasury auction is at the end of the month; if the Chinese don't show (like the 3 & 5 year auctions) the dollar will be toilet paper by year's end.

posted on Sep, 12 2009 @ 12:23 AM
link   
reply to post by seabisquit

Well if Obama sticks with the tarrifs on chineses tires, THEY WON'T SHOW UP. And it will be over for the US dollar.

Not only that. The new Japanese government might not show up either... Japan and China, the two biggest US bonds buyers not showing up....that would be crazy...but entirely possible.

BTW where is that little bastard Geithner? And where is Bernanke? Too busy stealing money?

[edit on 12-9-2009 by Vitchilo]

posted on Sep, 12 2009 @ 12:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo
SOME BIG NEWS BROKE EARLIER....

Obama is considering imposing tarrifs on chineses tires.

At first, you would say GOOD! ...

At the second, I would say YEAR. Or did Goodyear get tired of making tires?

Trade deficit means plenty of USD's for the world to buy US Treasuries to finance Obama's insane spending habits. But Obama wants bigger income tax to finance his adventures. The US unionized work force makes lots of money and can pay lots of income tax money -- when working -- so Obama wants the pack back to work. He's a prickey dictator: no free global market ideas allowed -- except for the US Treasuries.

posted on Sep, 12 2009 @ 01:43 AM
link   

yes load me up on dollars based on what I think will develop this week, I would be buying puts against all foreign $ and shorting commodities, buying dollar and shorting SPX at this point sunday night

edit: weekly strat of course, nothing more.. and i will want to see futures and HSI sunday night.. but this is most likely IMO

[edit on 12-9-2009 by GreenBicMan]

posted on Sep, 12 2009 @ 02:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by GreenBicMan

yes load me up on dollars based on what I think will develop this week, I would be buying puts against all foreign $ and shorting commodities, buying dollar and shorting SPX at this point sunday night

edit: weekly strat of course, nothing more.. and i will want to see futures and HSI sunday night.. but this is most likely IMO

[edit on 12-9-2009 by GreenBicMan]

Wow you are getting very aggressive. Maybe I will buy puts against U.S. Steel. I hate that stock

posted on Sep, 12 2009 @ 02:34 AM
link   
Oh and GBM, I spoke to a few investors today and they are heavily into elliot waves. Anyway, they said the end of September is the end to this rally. I think they said September 29th. I guess the end of this rally at the moment? Not sure...Also Marc Faber, an investor I respect, said that the dollar is going to rally and punish stocks (his words not mine). Maybe oil barron is right about natural gas falling to 2 dollars. But I think everything will need to go down in order to drag natural gas that low...

[edit on 12-9-2009 by RetinoidReceptor]

posted on Sep, 12 2009 @ 07:10 AM
link   
reply to post by GreenBicMan

Frank Barbera did a good job of predicting the dollar slide back in his July 14th forecast. He is still bearish on the dollar and states his technical reasoning quite clearly.

www.financialsense.com...

There is no pressure for anyone to support the dollar other than the recent gold rally. Oil is below $70 a barrel and NG tanked again. The G20 meeting did not offer any support for US currency either. It appears we are on the brink of a protectionist war with Asia and the dollar has broken down below its recent 77 trading range which Frank predicted back in July.

I agree the dollar could turn around any time. When you have a chart making new territory to the downside every move down looks like THE bottom. What factors specifically do you feel will cause the turn around to occur next week?

The dollar is going to be the key issue next week that determines whether the market rally continues and we seem to have a large divergence amongst the group members as to its direction?

posted on Sep, 12 2009 @ 07:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

Occurs we need to impose tariffs on Chine tires, the are killing the American made.

Still we are nothing than suckers for foreign nations crap and we buy it.

Want to get over all this, perhaps Americans, Yes we, all of us should boycott the darn tires once and for all

See in this nation we allow our own politicians lobbying pimps stop our manufacturing power while America workers lie unemployed and then the same pimps with their whores want to accuse US of protectionism.

Sorry but is time for America to stop spreading its legs for any pimp that wants to profit from while real American people lie in the decays of a nation that has become nothing more than a giver and loser.

posted on Sep, 12 2009 @ 07:53 AM
link   
I dont know if this has been posted before and I am sure it would have changed since the figures were compiled but it gives a real sense of perspective with regards to the state of various economies especially China vs the US.

It is very broad in terms of the scope it covers but I honestly hope it helps some ATS members.

The Billion Dollar Gram

posted on Sep, 12 2009 @ 11:23 AM
link   
Now, when you see that 2 trillion dollars were spent on war in Iraq, what you really should see is an endless line of pockets which got filled...

War, what war?

posted on Sep, 12 2009 @ 11:28 AM
link   
Speaking of Protectionism...

Opel’s Turnaround Plan Prompts ‘Concerns’ From EU
www.bloomberg.com...

Now it seems the EU is suspicious of Germany's GM/Magna deal locking up jobs that other countries could use...

Ain't it great what a lack of jobs will do to people...

posted on Sep, 12 2009 @ 12:03 PM
link   
reply to post by fromunclexcommunicate

Weak US MARKETS ARE AHEAD IMO this week (know more sunday night) and this would mean to me a return to US DOLLAR strength and a short of gold esp.

Like I said, know more sunday night.. monday if we break upwards of 50-100 pts on dow and still strong by 2:00pm then go the other way.. but I dont think so.. I think we either doji out again (most likely) or go down

But like I said, know more Sunday night.. but yes I would be going strong dollar and shorting all inverse moving securities

posted on Sep, 12 2009 @ 01:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Hx3_1963

If all these countries beginn protectionist policies things can turn ugly very quickly...then again, many developing countries already have protectionist laws but complain and whine about developed countries having them.

posted on Sep, 12 2009 @ 01:41 PM
link   
reply to post by RetinoidReceptor

They already do, my friend, China and many other nations have their own protectionism already, but America the giver is the only nation that get to be accused of it.

[edit on 12-9-2009 by marg6043]

posted on Sep, 12 2009 @ 03:06 PM
link   
The hoopla with natural gas once again confirmed that the idea of supply and demand regulating price of a commodity is a joke. The speculators would short their own daughter if the situation would call for it. The periodical fluctuation of world currencies is a dance performed well outside the realm of true production of goods and services exchanged.

posted on Sep, 12 2009 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by stander
The hoopla with natural gas once again confirmed that the idea of supply and demand regulating price of a commodity is a joke. The speculators would short their own daughter if the situation would call for it. The periodical fluctuation of world currencies is a dance performed well outside the realm of true production of goods and services exchanged.

Natural gas volatility is going to increase big time in my opinion since everything is so expensive now and natural gas is still relatively low in price. There be a lot of struggles between longs, long hopefuls and shorts. Not to mention the big natural gas producers who keep producing to shut down smaller companies and the decrease in rig count over all. It is going to be very volatile and one big mess. Unless the government decides to issue a statement that they are going to begin using natural gas more and will dedicate money to support projects to increase the use...well...then you buy natural gas and natural gas companies with all your money, margin, credit cards, bank loans, home equity lines of credit...etc......

posted on Sep, 12 2009 @ 04:40 PM
link   
reply to post by RetinoidReceptor

There is still a lot of supply with natural gas that makes it unattractive fundamentally. Of course as Stander explained its not about fundamentals. NG was heavily shorted but thinly traded which made it a perfect target for the short covering rally spike as we saw.

Same thing happened with gold last week. Oil could be the next target if the dollar continues to drop, oil fell victim to a short sell attack friday afternoon so its no longer as over bought.

top topics

<< 521  522  523    525  526  527 >>

join