It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The "up-to-the-minute Market Data" thread

page: 518
<< 515  516  517    519  520  521 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 07:58 AM
link   
Gold $1008.30 (high?)

Oil $71.47 11:33am est

USD 77.04 (low)

YEN 92.03 (high)

EURO 1.4530 (high)

GBP 1.6587 (high)

Onward & Upward!!!

[edit on 9/8/2009 by Hx3_1963]

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 10:53 AM
link   
I am actually surprised we aren't roaring. I guess investors are beginning to think that a really low dollar isn't necessarily great for our consumer economy. Consumer names are mostly down, banks are flat, GE is up 4% on a JPM upgrade, resource stocks are up, junk stocks (fre,fnm, aig) are down an average 8%,

Also, the vix is up the same day the markets are up. Which rarely happens.

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 11:00 AM
link   
reply to post by RetinoidReceptor

12% of the time infact..

Last time nothing happened, but if you remember the time before that signaled a big move.. I am surprised as well btw as I thought today would be a big day.. although not over yet I guess

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by GreenBicMan

12% of the time infact..

Last time nothing happened, but if you remember the time before that signaled a big move.. I am surprised as well btw as I thought today would be a big day.. although not over yet I guess

I would have thought it was less than that. Things feel a little toppish right now, but I also don't think we move much downwards either. I think we stay in a plus/minus 6% range.

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 12:24 PM
link   
We are re-entering the turtle classicism period after some smiley monetizing accidently evoked the idea of the Great Descend.

I would manipulate today's Dow to finish at 9,471 points, coz it means something. But the playful squirrels at the helm may come up with a different riddle.

[edit on 9/8/2009 by stander]

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 01:09 PM
link   

I wonder if the dollar is been slaughter as we speak, it seems that we are reaching the end of dollar supremacy.

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 01:11 PM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

Yep, Dixie's gettin here butt kicked

Change

-0.81 -1.04%

www.marketwatch.com...

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 01:18 PM
link   
reply to post by redhatty

Is that why China was buying so much gold last week to push the dollar over the edge?

I guess they will get what they want to push another currency over the dollar.

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 01:19 PM
link   
reply to post by THX-1138

On Tuesday it will be stander room only for the enormous Van Jones defeat inspired ''Take Back America Rally'' to Dow 10K.

I think you are confusing Van Jones with Van Gogh, the market is taking its lithium today.

[edit on 8-9-2009 by fromunclexcommunicate]

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043

I wonder if the dollar is been slaughter as we speak, it seems that we are reaching the end of dollar supremacy.

I like when I hear people say this because then I feel more confident about another miraculous resurrection from the dollar. Mark my words...the dollar will rise again. Doesn't mean I love the dollar, but it also means I am not bearish short term.......

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 01:29 PM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

no, China wants a new world reserve currency. If they can pull in all their gold reserves from around the world & get the renminbi as a major part of the "basket of currencies" they are pushing for as the new world reserve, it will matter little to them what happens to the dollar.

If China is successful, the scroomage we have experienced by our own government will seem like good times compared to what that possible future holds.

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 01:31 PM
link   

I gotsta' long as well.

Its like 9-1 bears on this thing and even eventually C broke out of that funk ( after failing 1000 times)

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by GreenBicMan

Now...

What were you saying in that U2U?

Your actually Helicopter Ben's Illegal Love Child, born in the basement of the Reserve on Maiden St ???

I'd hit him up for an advance!!!

[edit on 9/8/2009 by Hx3_1963]

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Hx3_1963

Hhahaha

The devils runs though me, its in my blood apparently

Its actually my sperm now mixed with an egg of Ann Coulter to form the worlds newest demon-child

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by stander
Today is 9.7. -- the Labor Day. What is the current unemployment number -- to invoke an oxymoron?
That's easy: 9.7%.

Ray said that he puts this coincidence into the Dow figures on Tuesday.

Okay. Let's see where Ray put that Labor day date/unemployment figure . . .

Smack in the middle.

But why?

That's because when you take away the number from the middle, there is less numbers, and less means minus. Once you put minus in the middle, an equation shows up where the result 60 is in the middle as well.

Ray just turned the market into an amusing toy, easy to manipulate to one decimal place.

Folks, meet Ray Dalio . . .

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 05:00 PM
link   
reply to post by stander

Net Worth = 4 Billion

Looks like someone didnt graduate Wharton hmmhmhmm (old rich person laugh)

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 05:50 PM
link   
The markets today were very strange. Something really doesn't feel right here. I mean, it has felt that way for a while, but now it is getting more intense. Maybe it is because my mind is all loopy, or maybe I am right. Hm....Hm....

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 08:15 PM
link   
People are waiting for the mysterious 9/9/09 to pass by.
You see, the internet has succeeded in turning everybody into a wacko conspiracy nut.
When the day passes by and Obama doesn't say anything and the Devil doesn't pop out of a UFO and China doesn't do squat then we will continue the march upwards.
THE BULL RALLY IS STILL IN EFFECT BOYYYEEEEEE!!!!!

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 10:07 PM
link   
Forgive me if I am wrong but the sell off of the dollar and the rise in gold almost seems like we are seeing the old rats escaping a sinking ship story. Kind of just makes me wonder if some of the more enlightened rats sense a torpedo getting nearer the ship.

[edit on 8-9-2009 by nonnez]

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 11:26 PM
link   
Oh Boy, things are getting so very interesting...

Belgium has announced that it intends to sell $1 Billion in 5 YR USD Denominated Bonds.

People trying to get away from the dollar???

new topics

top topics

<< 515  516  517    519  520  521 >>

join