It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Brigade homeland tours start Oct. 1

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Everyone should use a bit of salt and do not give in to fear or fear mongering even when confronted with "scary" facts. Fear is the mind killer!!! We have outstanding examples of the need to always be prepared , to always be watchful and to endure till the end. the watchman sound the alarm a storm is comming but it's up to the individual to be ready for the storm and act accordingly.

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 02:10 PM
link   
reply to post by primamateria

YUP - The Posse Comitatus Act

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 03:15 PM
link   
reply to post by johnsky

you got that right!

Its true the signs are not pointing out to something good for the everyday citizen.

It seems to me they are getting ready for any "natural disasters" , or "terrorist attacks" that may come uninvited...

I don't think this preparations have happened before on this scale either...

are we waiting for a full scale war? mass population upheavals? an invading army of terrorists?
or simply as is the most logical, the feared police state we have been denying all along.

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 04:54 PM
link   
I shot this article at DimensionalDetective a few hours before you posted it. He was probably working on some other stuff, but I found this video recently about it. Just seeing somebody say what is already confirmed makes it much more serious.

It could be scare tactics, as I'm sure she's pissed about being arrested at the RNC, but if push comes to shove, it's not only army, police, or government agencies that has an inherent duty to protect enemies foreign and abroad. It is ultimately our country.

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 05:24 PM
link   
Ive been doing some snooping and pooping about this article and from what Ive come across and I do still have buddies at Benning and Stewart/HAAF and Ive never personally served with 3rd ID but have been around some elements of 3rd ID and they have an excellent reputation. In January 2007, the Raider Brigade Combat Team"1st BCT 3RD ID(mechanized) deployed to Iraq in support of Operation Iraqi Freedom V, making it the Army’s first brigade combat team to have deployment orders three times to Iraq. Although there has been several recent articles articles in the Army Times I was not able to find that information, The 3rd BCT "SLEDGEHAMMER" however is being redeployed, and the 3rd BCT 1st Id is being reactivated at Ft Hood. So in my own opinion I think that it is disinformation, Im not saying the OP is wrong but I do feel the information is wrong, The is no way a combat equipped fighting force is going to put boots on the ground on american soil here providing "humanitarian" operations. That is the national guards mission and they should be used for that.

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 05:34 PM
link   
If anybody else has any information about this please post because this is an important topic for me and I would like to understand why and if this is true would they put a BCT on US soil?..Especially since they are supposedly calling for three more birgades in Afghanistan. Thanks

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 09:51 PM
link   
Preparations for Martial Law / Civil Unrest , possibly if the economy does crash and possible another October Surprise.

Being a Vet myself, this is very strange that they would use Combat Troops for "humanitarian" efforts.

Prepare yourselves for anything

Peace

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 04:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by cmd18B
Ive been doing some snooping and pooping about this article and from what Ive come across and I do still have buddies at Benning and Stewart/HAAF and Ive never personally served with 3rd ID but have been around some elements of 3rd ID and they have an excellent reputation. In January 2007, the Raider Brigade Combat Team"1st BCT 3RD ID(mechanized) deployed to Iraq in support of Operation Iraqi Freedom V, making it the Army’s first brigade combat team to have deployment orders three times to Iraq. Although there has been several recent articles articles in the Army Times I was not able to find that information, The 3rd BCT "SLEDGEHAMMER" however is being redeployed, and the 3rd BCT 1st Id is being reactivated at Ft Hood. So in my own opinion I think that it is disinformation, Im not saying the OP is wrong but I do feel the information is wrong, The is no way a combat equipped fighting force is going to put boots on the ground on american soil here providing "humanitarian" operations. That is the national guards mission and they should be used for that.

BUT, if Martial Law is declared, what about U.N. Peacekeepers?

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 06:08 AM
link   
The timing here is just too much to swallow as coincidence. The economy is in full meltdown, military tensions around the world are off the charts, and a battle hardened military unit is now crossing the Rubicon. If you’re prepared, it’s time to lay low and wait. If you’re not, sorry you’ve ignored all the warnings on this board.

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 09:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by cmd18B

Here is the original link in the Army Times:

Army Times

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 01:18 PM
link   
Alex Jones has picked the story up

www.infowars.com...

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 07:05 PM
link   
Oh, yes. I had a feeling he'd find a way to stay in office. Bush made too many remarks about being dictator. I just wish we were a little bit further in the country. We're 10 minutes from town in Southwest Georgia so these troops being stationed here makes me nervous.

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 07:45 PM
link   
Forum Ticker is talking about it too:

www.tickerforum.org...

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 08:32 PM
link   
Can someone tell me if Martial Law is declared if UN Peacekeepers will be sent over here?

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 09:06 PM
link   
If martial law is put into play Im not sure that foreign troops would be allowed on soverign US soil.Im not sure.This is just way too much to comprehend, I have given ten years of serivce to this country and I just cannot believe it, as much as I have read the articles, I just dont know what to say, Call me ignorant to to even entertain this thought, Again I am fully prepared to protect whats mine. Well we shall see come 1 October...Im ready..are you?

[edit on 24-9-2008 by cmd18B]

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 11:41 PM
link   
Learn the symbol of your new OVERWATCH:

A 'Super Sentinel' vehicle from U.S. Army NorthCom

sentinel
n : a person employed to watch for something to happen; a spy

[edit on 24-9-2008 by DisabledVet]

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 11:44 PM
link   
I am not ready at all. I told my mom about what's to come earlier and she was literally panicked. She said she had no idea what was going on and that she was terrified. Like she was literally shaking and was pale.

Then I went to get my hair cut earlier and I started up a convo about the economy and what might happen and how it's possible Bush may declare Martial Law. The woman doing nails across from me broke into a hysterical laughter and said "Now I believe you about the market crashing and us going into a depression, but Bush declaring Martial Law!! Hahahahah"

But I am in no way prepared for what's to come, and neither is any of my family.

But what I do know from my dad is that alot of people here in East TN that he knows have been stocking up on guns, ammo, food, water, and some even have big storage containers like you see on freighters filled with supplies, generators, food, water, etc.

Atleast it's good to hear some are preparing.

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 11:46 PM
link   
East europe troops and chineses troops will be used for most of america and americans troops in Canada if we revolt here. But obviously they will close the border to let no one escape. You thought the border was against illegals aliens? No. It was for you. That what was Jesse Ventura was saying. Now Jesse is not dumb, he saw this coming a long way, now he's in mexico... most of the billionaires and people in the know either fled the country or stayed to fight.

There's plenty of evidence of training for martial law. It's been going on since the 90s. Foreign troops training in the US to capture americans, invade homes and kill them.

Any real militias should stay on alert until at least Bush gets out of office. You should make REAL plans on what you would do in case of martial law, where do you bug out, if you can't get out of your house, ect... this weekend. No jokes. This could down next week.

You think they care? They lied to invade Irak. They supported Paul Pot who killed millions. They DID 9/11. They engineered THE FINANCIAL COLLAPSE WE'RE SEEING.

You think staging martial law would be a big step from there? HAHAHAHA.

America, you have a choice. Starvation or revolution when it comes to it.

[edit on 24-9-2008 by Vitchilo]

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 11:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Mercenary2007

I agree, but that wasn't my point. I was saying that unless the Insurrection Act (or the Patriot Act, although everything I've seen says that it was actually the John Warner Defense Authorization Act, which is no longer binding) is activated, meaning the President declares a state of national emergency and calls in troops to deal with it specifically, it is still technically illegal. I'm aware that we are in a handful of national emergencies that were never technically ended, including one that was about to expire, however it's pretty obvious that none of them are real and present threats requiring domestic military intervention. He could use one of these as a justification, but so far there has been no such explanation nor a new declaration of a state of national emergency. So I see only two explanations:

1) The Administration is acting in contravention of Federal law
or
2) One of these never-terminated national emergencies is being used as legal justification

The last one however, has no factual justification, there is no physical crisis.

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 11:48 PM
link   
Here is the website that describes Northern Command mission.

Northern Command

Really interesting to see that they got it broken up to cover many regions.

Also the Commander of Northern Command is also in charge of NORAD.

I'm giving more credibility to the fema camps.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join