It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Brigade homeland tours start Oct. 1

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by DeadFlagBlues
reply to post by cmd18B

Good post. People are already talking about an armed uprising, and as I for sure have my weapons on call, I doubt it will come to American soldiers bruting it's citizens into submission. I have friends in the Marines, the Army, and the Navy (Technically the Marines... blah blah blah) and I can say without a shadow of a doubt, no way would they be sieging their own cities, their fellow people, potentially their families. We need to give this thing the benefit of the doubt and not be pre-justifying why we would even need to revolt. There's a lot of intensity these days, but talking about tearing apart an army unit is no way to go about it. Just as we represent their brothers, sisters, mothers, etc... They represent my friends and family.

These hypotheticals are getting entirely out of hand. Calm down, and worry about you and yours. We're facing a huge recession and maybe the worst American depression. We need to be pro-active and help out our family and neighbors. We need to make sure all our own bases are covered for the fall, and contingency plans if things become increasingly difficult. We don't need to vilify or fear hard working American soldiers because we're in a scary time right now. They might be on our land, but that doesn't mean they are our enemies, because they're not. They're heroes, and we should treat them accordingly.

[edit on 27-9-2008 by DeadFlagBlues]

Well said, and I hope your right.

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 05:02 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 06:19 AM
link   
according to the Posse Comitatus Act en.wikipedia.org... this deployment is illegal...

alvin

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 04:39 PM
link   
LOL-what is all this talk about Bush staying in power? I dont get it...some folks act like just because they want him out so bad that for some reason he will never leave. Talk about extreme paranoia, but then again this is ATS.

Originally posted by ModernAcademia

This sounds an awful lot like Washington is planning to turn America into a larger version of Baghdad.

What in the world is happening, does this not look like the precursor to Bush staying in power?

www.armytimes.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

Mod Edit: Breaking News Forum Submission Guidelines – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 21/9/2008 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 08:20 PM
link   
Hey Look its october 2nd and still nothing too bad. Why dont you stop ranting about evil and live in the now and make it positive please folks.

There are good people in this world, have faith in them, and if you dont because you know nothing can be done... then look in the mirror, it isn't them to do something its you. Stand up.

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 01:41 AM
link   
I concur...3 October 2008, Ive heard nothing from people I know and the 3RD ID website has nothing posted about 1st BCT on humanitarian missons, Sucks because as Ive stated before this division has seven deployments to Iraq so it would be nice to see them home...We shall see

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 11:54 AM
link   
I feel safe here in America now.

Thank you for sending the troops home!

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 12:09 PM
link   
I believe that this starts on oct 1st but goes into full swing by oct 7th.

The army will only protect banks and be on alert to handle any riots or anything in the streets.

So this is not going to be a full blown army coming down the street to go obtain you or anything.

I heard on oct 5th bush is supposed to declare marshall law I don't know how true this is but that would mean tommaro..

I doubt he will but still if he does then what I said above should be right.

well I guess we will have to see.

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 02:13 PM
link   
reply to post by computerwiz32

declare martial law on a Sunday? I am sure they had some plans in place if the House didn't vote the bailout through...they were under threat of 'congressional martial law', and maybe worse who knows. Not sure why, maybe these other countries that bought all this toxic debt were threatening to start a war or something else..

but in the end this bill IS going to make things worse...and since its prudent for the government to always plan for the worse I'm sure they have plans drawn up...somewhere there was talk of FEMA assets moving around, or other emergency works going on..but I haven't heard or seen anything that rates any higher then rumor-mill yet

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 02:18 PM
link   
I'll post the same thing I posted on a related thread:

That article isn't lying, whoever is saying that says the unit is deployed in the US is lying.

Do you get it now? Or should I expound? US military units are garrisoned throughout the US, at virtually every military base that exists. They live and work there, like little cities that you need an ID card to get into (or get searched to get into). Those guys are still living on Fort Stewart or in Savannah just like before, except now they've been pre-designated to be the unit that responds in case it happens. For example, after Katrina members of the 82nd were sent to New Orleans where they walked around (without weapons) trying to lend some type order to the situation. Now, instead of being pegged at the last second like part of 82nd was, this unit knows well ahead of time that if something occurs, they'll be the one to go.

Thinking this means troops on the corners of your town is incredibly, incredibly ignorant. Troops aren't 'deploying' anywhere, half of them are probably sitting around their houses as we speak, just like half of all the military in the US right now.

Nothing changed at all, do you guys understand? All they did was appoint a brigade to respond to situations instead of having to scramble to find one. Also, with a lot of reserves deployed to theater, it's nice to have a brigade that can cover down if, say, North Dakota doesn't have the man power at this time to help clean up after a tornado or something. But LOL@people who thought this was the beginning of the end or something. Keep wishing, guys, comb the internet for the next article you can take out of context because you don't know enough to understand what they're really talking about.

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 01:45 PM
link   
reply to post by KOGDOG

WOW nice post. well too bad I didn't register to vote since I think it's either obama or john.

either way I still don't see much difference from each other but only think Obama would be better then john.

I still don't see this marital law that everyone been saying that will be in effect by oct7th..

Well I guess it's not going to happen. I knew it was merely speculation but I heard Russia intelligence said that the british bank got a word from federal reserve that bush will call martial law on oct 7th.

what do you think??? will we be in martial law anytime soon. I know we will only have this if the economy collapses. The reason is that panic and fear flows through the U.S.

that's really the only way I see a possible martial law is only when the economy collapses to a point where crime rates jump and the gov needs to stabilize the event.

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 02:03 PM
link   
reply to post by SuperViking

hi "SuperViking" might i suggest you contribute by starting a thread in opposition to this thread with your spin. i mean one of your own, so we might have the chance to comment on what interest you. i'm sure you would be able to come up w/something and we could get to know you a little. comb the internet and see if something tweaks.

you might find you have a great following and gather points so you might go to the ats store.

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Is that how it goes here? I dunno, I thought this would be the thread to discuss this. I would have thought a thread saying Octoberr 1st wasn't anything big would be kinda superfluous, we can just talk about it here.

But, I mean...it's already passed. Regular Army unit do deploy in the US for the variety of reasons I've already mentioned, why would pre-designating a unit make any difference if the NWO wanted to takeover? They could've deployed at any time anyway, given a crisis. What difference does this even make? Can anyone tell me?

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 12:38 PM
link   
HOLY CRAP...... can you say, "Papers please"? What is happening to the USA? While there could be innocent reasons for doing this, President Bush continues to remove our freedoms. It doesn't take much thought to realize how this can be abused just like the Patriot Act. What the hell is happening to my country!!!!!

Financial institutions are being socialized and it looks like everything else will follow once Obama takes the reigns.

Everyone here that lives in the USA get yourself ready now for the worst. Pray nothing happens but always be prepared. We are teetering on the edge right now.

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by on_yur_6
HOLY CRAP...... can you say, "Papers please"? What is happening to the USA? While there could be innocent reasons for doing this, President Bush continues to remove our freedoms. It doesn't take much thought to realize how this can be abused just like the Patriot Act. What the hell is happening to my country!!!!!

Financial institutions are being socialized and it looks like everything else will follow once Obama takes the reigns.

Everyone here that lives in the USA get yourself ready now for the worst. Pray nothing happens but always be prepared. We are teetering on the edge right now.

It's like you don't even read the thread.

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 09:41 PM
link   
By the way, and this is certain, the Posse Comitatus Act is no longer in effect due to congress passeing a controversial bill which grants the President the right to commandeer Federal or even state National Guard Troops and use them inside the United States. This bill, entitled the John Warner Defense Appropriation Act for Fiscal Year 2007 (H.R. 5122.ENR), contains a provision, (Section 1076) which allows the President to:

“...employ the armed forces, including the National Guard in Federal service, to... restore public order and enforce the laws of the United States when, as a result of a natural disaster, epidemic, or other serious public health emergency, terrorist attack or incident, or other condition in any State or possession of the United States..., where the President determines that,...domestic violence has occurred to such an extent that the constituted authorities of the State or possession are incapable of maintaining public order;

suppress, in a State, any insurrection, domestic violence, unlawful combination, or conspiracy...”

Senator Patrick Leahy and others have condemned Section 1076 because it effectively nullifies the Posse Comitatus Act and the Insurrection Act (10 U.S.C. 331-335) and gives the President the legal ability to define under what conditions martial law may be declared.

H.R.5122 was signed into law by President Bush on October 17, 2006, and will take effect October 1, 2007 (unless an earlier effective date is established by regulation). "On the same day, Bush signed the Military Commissions Act of 2006, which abolishes the legal protection of habeas corpus, authorizes the president to detain and jail anyone (even US citizens) without charge and subject them to harsh interrogation that may or may not involve torture."

This does not sound very promising at all. Good luck to us all.

PeacebyPiece

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 11:31 PM
link   
reply to post by SuperViking

You should start your own thread about how this never happened.

It would be interesting to see how you came to that conclusion; you could post links and give us your reasons for why you think that the deployment never occurred.

It would be your very own thread and would get you point across more effectively than doing what you have been.

It could be titled:

"No Brigade Was Deployed within the US on Oct. 1st, 2008 - IT Never Happened"

And then you could thorough flush out for us how you came to this most interesting conclusion. I'd contribute for sure.

*It must be a drain constantly monitoring all of the threads about the subject and constantly replying to the posts differing from your viewpoint.

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 03:56 PM
link   
Interesting how I came to that conclusion? Are you kidding? I'll make a thread though, just to kept this insanity in check.

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 04:05 PM
link   
brigade homeland tours. this must have been what Loud Dobbs was talking about the other night:

Lou Dobbs the other night

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join