It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Brigade homeland tours start Oct. 1

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2008 @ 09:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
Tell me this doesnt coincide with our little BAILOUT program, and for Pete's sakes, how much more obvious could it get?????

What are we, stupid? real stupid???
Evidently.

I've had it- this is the climax of the BUSH ADMINISTRATION. This is what is being dished out, although i must say, in no way do i believe he's leaving his REIGN OF TERROR anytime soon. Just wait and see.

I believe your right. Third army is the best combat team we have for a large fighting force. They need to be in Afghanistan not home, Some Generals must be questioning this right now. Hell NATO must be really furious that they are fighting in A-Stan while we are sending a whole brigade home. I know our troops need a break but the terrorist are not taking one any time soon.

This is scary to think that they economy is about to crumble. Then did you notice how the National Guards WDM teams will be assigned with them?

Bush really has me worried. Especially with the clause in the economic bill that does not allow for congressional or judicial oversight.

posted on Sep, 21 2008 @ 10:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Sky watcher

Yes kudos to 3rd ID, They are battle hardened warriors and I see this as well desereved rest, I spent ten years in the military and three tours in Afghanistan so in my opinion I view this as just a more humanitarian mission for them, I will say that they are not made to fight in Afghanistan, Afghanistan is a more special operations geared theatre, Some missions include ascending up very high mountain ranges and most of the grunts of 3rd ID are not up to par with operating in that kind of terrain not to take anything away from those fine warriors but Afghanistan is just not an easy place to navigate with unforgiveable terrain and harsh weather, Ive seen the natives of Afghanistan and they will come at you in a robe, wearing sandals toting a Kalishnakov and an RPG strapped to his back..so anyway Kudos to 3rd ID..They need the rest as do all of our people overseas..

posted on Sep, 21 2008 @ 10:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by primamateria
Not being from the USA forgive me if I am incorrect but isn't there a law somewhere that prevents the standing army being deployed in the USA so that no one political party party could use for it a coup? Isn't that why you have a national guard instead? Can anyone clarify this for me?

You are partially correct. It is for this reason that we are SUPPOSED to have a milita that is on par with the military.

After the 1st Civil War in the US, Militia's where disbanded and branded as un-patriotic in favor of the National Guard. The National Guard is nothing more than a pool of moderately trained soldiers to be called into Army service at any time.

The Militia is meant to be a regional defence ONLY and never step foot on foreign soil.

posted on Sep, 21 2008 @ 10:57 PM
link   
reply to post by bismarcksea

... because foreign soil is the domain of the Army/Marines/Air Force/Navy!

By reading this thread you'd think only 4 people have heard of Posse Comitatus. The exceptions are the National Guard (obviously), troops under command of the President pursuant to the Insurrection Act (national emergency), and the Attorney General/Secretary of Defense pursuant to 18 U.S.C Sec. 831 (national emergency). Under the original Posse Comitatus Act of 1878, it was fairly unequivocal: the uniformed armed services could not act as police or peace officers (maintain law and order) within the nation's borders. "The intent of the act is to prevent the military forces of the United States from becoming a national police force or guardia civil." (source)
The two branches of armed services are the Coast Guard and National Guard.

As described very well in the link above, this Act means almost nothing nowadays. Since the article was written, however, it has been further eroded by JW Defense Act of 2007. Well guess what, the JW Defense Act of 2007 expired as soon we entered fiscal year 2008.

In order for the President to deploy the military within the U.S. borders, the Insurrection Act must be invoked.

If anyone has evidence that states otherwise I'd love to see it!

posted on Sep, 21 2008 @ 11:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia
What in the world is happening, does this not look like the precursor to Bush staying in power?

I keep coming across indicators of this, and every time I try to re-assure myself that no-one could be that insane in the modern world... but... history tells a different story.

It's usually the "best and most trusted" that end up being a dictators personal thug unit. They obey, and get the job done. Exactly what a tyrant would want to have under his close command if he wanted to enact a martial law status.

And yeah... considering the US's offensive army is being used at home instead of the units who are intended to be used for home defense... this is looking way too much like the citizens are now considered to be enemies of the state.

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 12:17 AM
link   
just throwin in a thought, i havn't read the last 2 pages, and will do so after i get this thought out before i forget just incase it never was touched on,i saw that no one picked up on what primamateria said before, and to my knowledge we are still in a "state of emergency" from 9/11/01 which allows the government to use the military police and have done so in NYC ever since, i have recently moved from there so i am not 100% sure if they still do as of a year ago, but i'm sure they still do. Very very scary stuff... i knew as soon as i read for the first time wall street was having trouble that something is not right... I SOOOOOOOO hope i'm wrong lol

edit: i also believe the president took advantage and created the patriot act at that same time in order to exponentially increase the amt of power the govt has over us. They will soon be able to arrest anyone on this website or anywhere in the us who would protest against for "suspicion of terrorism" or to flat out call you a terrorist...

God, allah, energy, me, everyone, some aliens, or whoever the true superior being turns out to be i hope it has something in store for us to save us all lol

p.s any suggestions for safe countrys to move to away from the US that isn't in its sphere of influence? i guess that could only be space...wakka wakka wakka... :/

[edit on 22-9-2008 by asafum]

[edit on 22-9-2008 by asafum]

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 03:21 AM
link   
I don't fear the US military on home soil at all, in fact I welcome it..because if TPB thinks that US solders are going to do anything against their own people they will be in for a very big shock.

Living close to Fort Drum I work with and know several soldiers...and the interesting thing is, most of them talk about this kind of thing amongst themselves just like we do here!

So if the poo does hit the fan I'm very secure in knowing which way the regular armies guns will be pointed.

In fact, maybe they do all know something is about to go down, I was encouraged to buy guns and stock up on ammo and given the advice to use stuff that could take military ammo

What worries me is when we see UN troops or some other foreign troops bearing some other flag then ours on our soil. That's what I'm looking out for.

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 05:51 AM
link   
reply to post by toepick

Thank you - finally.

We're not a bunch of brain washed drones.... believe it or not....

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 07:42 AM
link   
Of course, these soldiers may be your friends, neighbors or family even, that is beyond the point. The fact is if the economy does indeed collapse, which it is destined too eventually, there is a real possibility of violent retaliation from some of the population. A soldier of good standing and morals would do his duty to protect the rest of the population from the violence.
That is how it would begin. How it would end may be another story.

I wish you all the best America, seriously.

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 12:34 PM
link   
reply to post by mf_luder

...bunch of brainwashed drones...

I hope that, despite my negative comeback to your ' Skippy ' outburst- I don't think people think of ' you ' as brainwashed drones.

I think the US military will go farther than anybody; take more than anybody... before cracking under the pressure.

American people will not start shooting at US soldiers, even in the midst of an unjust ( or false pretense ) ' occupation '. They'll more likely sell them drugs and drinks and pick their pockets... you know the drill.

However, some people believe that foreigners ( by drawing fire ) in Iraq- are responsible for wrecking whole towns and causing tremendous caualties. With Americans doing most of the shooting.
The reason I mention it is that there are some truly sick puppies out there, and nobody seems to have a better reason for what they do than... 'they're religious fanatics '.

You probably realize that they don't act like religious nuts at all, with their faces hidden, and their tactics. They act more like Special Ops- IMO.

I just believe, sir- that military presence on American streets will draw these bastards here... and then the terrors of some of these speculative posts could begin.

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

Really? That is funny, since part of my NG unit is attached to the 3rd.....You would think I might have heard something about this. But since it is pure BS why would I have heard about it.

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by TXMACHINEGUNDLR
reply to post by ModernAcademia

Really? That is funny, since part of my NG unit is attached to the 3rd.....You would think I might have heard something about this. But since it is pure BS why would I have heard about it.

You read the source right? armytimes...

Are you sure your in the army?

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 05:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Skelkie3

I can only hope that it doesn't come to that.

I don't think anyone wants us "deployed" in the streets of our own country. It would be.... weird.

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skelkie3

It was called The Posse Comitatus Act.

Back in the good old days, before 1980, that was somewhat true. Posse Comitatus says, basically, you can't use federal troops to do police functions. Note that the Guard are not federal troops, they're state troops that can be federalized. However, according to a member of the Judge Advocate General writing for Homeland Security:

But does the act present a major barrier at the National Command Authority level to use of military forces in the battle against terrorism? The numerous exceptions and policy shifts carried out over the past 20 years strongly indicate that it does not. Could anyone seriously suggest that it is appropriate to use the military to interdict drugs and illegal aliens but preclude the military from countering terrorist threats that employ weapons of mass destruction? For two decades the military has been increasingly used as an auxiliary to civilian law enforcement when the capabilities of the police have been exceeded. Under both the statutory and constitutional exceptions that have permitted the use of the military in law enforcement since 1980, the president has ample authority to employ the military in homeland defense against the threat of weapons of mass destruction in terrorist hands.

So if it's okay for the Navy to play in the War against Drugs, it's okay for the Army to put down terrorists on US soil.

But, be aware that: It is illegal for the US to attack a nation that has not attacked it.

It is illegal, currently, because it goes against certain treaties and international law. Many people here will argue about international law applying, and treaties can be revoked....

[quote
It is illigal in the US to appoint executive officers like the President, except by the popular vote ( tempered perhaps with the ' electoral vote ' ).

Not 'tempered perhaps,' but solely based upon the electoral vote. The US is not a direct democracy, it is a representative one. You don't vote for a President, you vote for people who promise to vote for one-and best of all, in some states, that promise isn't binding. The so-called popular vote means nothing, legally.

It is illegal in the US to put the best interests of another nation first, or ( I think ) to be a dual citizen.

Dual citizenship is not illegal in the US, so long as you don't join another nation's military, or take a job in the government in a 'decision-making capacity.' And, presumably, in their espionage service.

It's illegal to do half the things our fearless leaders do...

Now, now, that's just inflammatory. If you really feel that's true, it is your right to bring suit against them....

[edit on 22-9-2008 by lostbug]

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 07:20 PM
link   
reply to post by EtSolveMundi

The Patriot Act trumps the Insurrection Act. If Bush wants to send the Army to keep us in line there is NOTHING TO STOP HIM. He can declare a nation wide order of Martial Law. the constitution will be suspended when he does that then there really isn't anything to stop him.

The moral of the story where there's a will there's a way

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by mf_luder
[
We will not "blindly follow orders" I'm not going to go look at your little links to your little videos and little websites with your ""proof"" that we are all brainwashed - not because I'm "brainwashed", but because GASP! They're all a huge crock of #!!!!
----------------

mf_luder
I have a couple of honest questions, so please don't get your panties in a knot. If you are unwilling to view the links offered, how can you state " They're all a crock of # !!!! ?
----------------

"If the US Government orders us to police the US - they're in the wrong. If the US Government orders us to help with disasters or terrorist attacks - they're in the right."
----------------
I find the above statements very confusing. I am sure you are an intelligent fellow.
The definition of the words are intentionally vague and debatable, especially so, if you utilize the governments overly broad definition of the word ' terrorist '
My point is, I do not believe you, or anyone else who would be called upon to perform these tasks would be able to distinguish between "police the US " and "help with terrorist attacks " That being said; how do you respond to orders, that in your opinion
are the equivalent of Civilian police duties. Do you refuse ? Are you willing to pay that price based on honor ?
-------------------------

"But it sickens me to no end to see some of the utter crap coming out of people's uneducated mouths on the net today. I begrudgingly accept it, the drivel that it is. Because I defend your right to say that stuff. So - go ahead.... remain in the dark..... I love the dark..... "

----------------------------

I obviously don't have a clue about this quote stuff.

Not to get all uppity on you amigo, but you speak as if you are the ONLY fellow who has experienced the wonderful life of military service. Now correct me if I am wrong, your last line " I love the dark...." Is this just a cute line, or is the intent a tad more sinister?

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 09:44 PM
link   
I was stationed at Ft. Drum, got out in 99.
There were martial law exercises back then, and training was at Mount City ( a full city Block area in the middle of the woods with buildings and all used for urban combat training)

Pretty sure there is one of those famed FEMA camps up that way as well, I know there is in Scotia, NY off route 5

Anyways, This Govt and the Central bankers are NOT "our" Govt. They are corrupt and souless men with 1 goal in mind. And they are destroying the Constitution and Economy by design.

I hope the active troops today would say no if Martial Law is implemented, which it will be sometime in the next few years at the most.

I know what Side I will be on

Peace

[edit on 22-9-2008 by awakened1]

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 12:50 AM
link   
Um, the military can be deployed inside U.S.. Where have you guys been? G.W. Bush suspended Habeas Corpus a long time ago. Now will have the Military Commission Act which basically make you slaves when some thing happens in the U.S.

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 02:18 AM
link   
reply to post by mf_luder

1st BCT commander Col. Roger Cloutier

“I can’t think of a more noble mission than this,” said Cloutier

“If we go in, we’re going in to restore normalcy and support whatever local agencies need us to do, so it’s kind of a different role,” said Cloutier

“I don’t know what America’s overall plan is — I just know that 24 hours a day, seven days a week, there are soldiers, sailors, airmen and Marines that are standing by to come and help if they’re called,” Cloutier said
Cloutier, YOU shamed yourself. Take off the uniform. YOU are not fit to wear it. You have disgraced yourself, your country, with those statements.

Right now, the response force requirement will be an enduring mission. How the [Defense Department] chooses to source that and whether or not they continue to assign them to NorthCom, that could change in the future,” said Army Col. Louis Vogler, chief of NorthCom future operations. “Now, the plan is to assign a force every year.
So said Army Col. Louis Vogler, YOU shamed yourself also. Take off the uniform. YOU are not fit to wear it either.

Get ready folks, get your weapons ready. Are you ready to fight for your freedom? Are you ready to stop the fascist madmen? Will the real patriots please stand up. All I can say is lock & load....Time to show'em as our country's founding fathers did what an American & America is made of. ANY U.S soldier, who says they won't comply with Brigade homeland tours starting Oct. 1. Get it in writing because ‘soldiers by their inherent training are for use in war, not peace’.

There is high expectation in the public eye that if something happens, there needs to be a [Defense Department] response, and it needs to be quick

That is a complete lie. The Public doesn't want the Military patrolling their neighborhoods, turning the USA into one big Baghdad Green Zone!

They may be called upon to help with civil unrest and crowd control
Anyone recall Kent state? That is exactly what they are planning to do.

ATTENTION:All Active-duty soldiers, before participating in such a blatant disregard & violation of the Constitution and the Posse Comitatus Act of 1878. Come to your senses before you get yourselves hurt or killed. Ask yourselves, are you willing to betray your country, your fellow man, yourselves for politicians on behalf of this corrupt, fascist government regime?

This is a high crime called treason against the American people punishable by death. This has crossed the line, has gone far enough, time to nip this in the bud. Right here, right now, right quick.

Once the toothpaste comes out of the tube. There is no putting it back in. If U.S troops refuse to shoot American civilians, then UN troops and troops from Canada will be called in to do the job.

U.S. under U.N. law
in health emergency
Bush's SPP power grab sets stage
for military to manage flu threats
Posted: August 28, 2007
11:15 pm Eastern

By Jerome R. Corsi
© 2008 WorldNetDaily.com

David Nabarro is new U.N. system influenza coordinator
The Security and Prosperity Partnership of North America summit in Canada released a plan that establishes U.N. law along with regulations by the World Trade Organization and World Health Organization as supreme over U.S. law during a pandemic and sets the stage for militarizing the management of continental health emergencies.

The "North American Plan for Avian & Pandemic Influenza" was finalized at the SPP summit last week in Montebello, Quebec.
www.worldnetdaily.com...

Canada, U.S. agree to use each other's troops in civil emergencies
David Pugliese , Canwest News Service
Published: Friday, February 22, 2008

Canada and the U.S. have signed an agreement that paves the way for the militaries from either nation to send troops across each other's borders during an emergency, but some are questioning why the Harper government has kept silent on the deal.

Neither the Canadian government nor the Canadian Forces announced the new agreement, which was signed Feb. 14 in Texas.
www.canada.com...

This article seems to suggest the US is recruiting illegal aliens for it's military. Never mind the LA Times reported recruiting goals were made by signing on 40% illegal aliens.

US military recruiting illegal aliens
Sat, 29 Dec 2007 00:25:18 GMT
Mexican citizen groups claim the US army is recruiting illegal immigrants from Mexico to send them to the war in Iraq.
www.presstv.ir...

Army, Marines give waivers to more felons
WASHINGTON (CNN) -- The Army and Marine Corps are allowing convicted felons to serve in increasing numbers, newly released Department of Defense statistics show.

Recruits were allowed to enlist after having been convicted of crimes including assault, burglary, drug possession and making terrorist threats.

The statistics were released by Rep. Henry Waxman, a California Democrat who chairs the House Committee on Oversight and Government Reform.
www.cnn.com...

With the topsey turvey ongoing situation on Wall Street and other problems cropping up. IMO, this is the straw which WILL break the camels back, and start a revolution.

WARNING: I'll not waste time asking questions, when I see this foreign invasion it'll be rock & roll. A line in the sand, has been drawn. Any American Soldier in uniform or any other foreign soldier participating in these assignments or taking an active role in any new homeland counterinsurgency missions "in the war zones". The bloodshed will be upon the hands of government.

Soldiers not fighting against this treason, nor standing with American civilians are enemies standing against America, all it stands for, including our Liberty and freedom for its civilians.

Those fascist officials in government who would call for the use of military action against its own American citizens, Our Freedoms, Our Constitution, Our Bill of Rights. Are terrorists on U.S. soil called cancer. Remember Ruby Ridge, Waco? Army special forces trained the A.T.F and nobody died at Waco.

The minute U.S troops are deployed in any manner against American's. All respect vanishes, gloves come off. They will not be regarded as U.S troops. They become foreign troops. It is Our Right, Duty and Obligation to Our Country is to uphold the Constitution and protect our Country from all enemies both foreign and domestic or those elected. Makes no difference whether the enemy will be wearing a U.S. Armed Forces uniform, Canadian uniform, or UN uniform. Come October 1st. If this takes place. Then it's time.

Fellow Americans stock up on guns and ammo NOW, also canned foods, water, batteries, blankets, supplies etc...because when this ---- hits the fan. All gun sales and ammunition will be suspended, count on it. This "training" is martial law in the disguise of Political Correctness. It is Nazism, the fourth reich raising its ugly head here in America.

October 1 is the end of the short selling ban on Wall Street. Oh, and there was that little thing Bush got passed with Canada recently that allows Canadian troops to be used in case of widespread calamity in the US.

President Bush has signed into law a provision which, will actually encourage the President to declare federal martial law (1). It does so by revising the Insurrection Act, a set of laws that limits the President's ability to deploy troops within the United States. The Insurrection Act (10 U.S.C.331 -335) has historically, along with the Posse Comitatus Act (18 U.S.C.1385), helped to enforce strict prohibitions on military involvement in domestic law enforcement. With one cloaked swipe of his pen, Bush undid those prohibitions.

Public Law 109-364, or the "John Warner Defense Authorization Act of 2007" (H.R.5122) (2), which was signed by the commander in chief on October 17th, 2006, in a private Oval Office ceremony, allows the President to declare a "public emergency" and station troops anywhere in America and take control of state-based National Guard units without the consent of the governor or local authorities, in order to "suppress public disorder."

I love the dark as well & 7.62 gets the red out. Better than 5.56 varmit round can.

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 09:46 AM
link   
I think we may have seen the last of Posse Comitatus. Whether real or a myth it has slowly been eroded to the point that we can just expect that troops can be used for law enforcement:

Whenever the President considers that unlawful obstructions, combinations, or assemblages, or rebellion against the authority of the United States, make it impracticable to enforce the laws of the United States in any State by the ordinary course of judicial proceedings, he may call into Federal service such of the militia of any State, and use such of the armed forces, as he considers necessary to enforce those laws or to suppress the rebellion.

10 USC, Section 332

10 USC

and Section 333 is even scarier:

Section 333

[edit on 9/23/08 by emsed1]

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join