It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Brigade homeland tours start Oct. 1

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by cmd18B
If its an unlawful order then technically you do not have to obey.

Mi Lai?

I'm not saying it will happen again, but there are no doubt many precedents where unlawful orders have been obeyed.
I hope it doesn't happen, not just for the sake of the U.S., but for the World as well.

[edit on 25/9/08 by ChChKiwi]

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 05:19 PM
link   
I can also present you with this link -

www.history.navy.mil...

Under the Direction of the Congress and the President United States,
The Posse Comitatus Act can be subject to the rule of law as set forth in a time of War or National Emergency.

Ladies and Gentlemen, the United States has been at a State of War since September 11, 2001.

As passed by Congress on September 12th, 2001.

en.wikipedia.org...

Hence, The Posse Comitatus Act was over ruled by Executive Directive en.wikipedia.org...

I rest my position.

VDOG.45

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 05:19 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

Sounds to me like some people know they have done evil on a grand scale , and they honestly believe that the army will give them the sense of security that their gated communities and armed thugs no longer provide them. They might as will pack their bags and leave the country now! There is no army that can soothe a guilty conscience.

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 07:18 PM
link   
Nicely put VDOG..Im pretty sure we will be ok as well but you never know these days...

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 08:41 PM
link   
That's funny because on october 2, the sell ban is over. And they don't appear to pass the bail out... this is gonna be interesting on october 2/3...

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 10:05 PM
link   
I have still been reading about this supposed 'October Surprise' by Al Qaeda on the first Tuesday after Ramadan ends. (Sept 30)

I am sure they aren't related since the 3rd ID deployment has obviously been in the works for months.

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 10:15 PM
link   
After reading each and every one of the WE ARE GOING TO DIE threads, it secures my faith in humanity that we will continue to think we are going to die forever and ever. As long as it keeps the checks and balances.

When october first 2nd or 5th rolls around I will know that Pessimism and paranoia is either ruining the world or helping to warn it.

See you all in a few days

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 10:49 PM
link   
I was given some info about this tonight:

As we all know that the 1st BCT of the 3rd ID is going to be rotated from combat operations to humanitarian missions come October 1st, The Army unit may be called upon to help with civil unrest and crowd control. The soldiers are learning to use so-called nonlethal weapons designed to subdue unruly or dangerous individuals and crowds. Sounds interesting right?

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 10:54 PM
link   

I was given some info about this tonight:

As we all know that the 1st BCT of the 3rd ID is going to be rotated from combat operations to humanitarian missions come October 1st, The Army unit may be called upon to help with civil unrest and crowd control. The soldiers are learning to use so-called nonlethal weapons designed to subdue unruly or dangerous individuals and crowds. Sounds interesting right?

No Need to stir up trouble or anger

The U.S. just had a horrible hurricane. Why not bring in Soldiers... hard working dedicated young men and women that actually get the job done instead of misleading people and trying to cause chaos and havoc...

Think about it... Crowd Control... the economy is getting worse. The worse it gets the more problems you are seeing occuring like on the news... its getting worse and worse. Its not some plot to hurt everyone... bringing the economy down is.. but the soldiers are there to help... they are pawns.

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 11:31 PM
link   
reply to post by rjmelter

No need to stir up trouble or anger

Poor assumption man... take a look at ALL his posts and you will notice that he is neither stirring up $hit nor promoting anger....

In actuality, it's your lack of attention to detail that is stirring up $hit and promoting anger.

Go back and review ALL the posts, not just his, and you might be able to form a worthy opinion....

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 12:11 AM
link   
reply to post by chapter29

You used vulger words in your post in supporting someone who is "not supporting a negative thing" good job. You discredit your predecessor. Not very bright.

You can read read read all you want. I am EX-Military. THERE IS NO PLAN TO INJURE CIVILIANS. If anything happens its due to corrupt Government who has not alerted the military and the military is NOT PLANNING to injure civilians. Im tired of all of this pessimistic hogwash that is scaring people. ITS SNIP SNIP SNIP. You are failing to cease being ignorant!

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 12:23 AM
link   

You need to deny yourself...I'm ex military too - what does that have to do with your lack of attention to detail..?

Vulgar words...? You have no idea what you are saying and your only adding fuel to the fire...my point is simple - look at the previous posts before you comment, otherwise your contribution is half-a$$, kind like your rebuttal.

And your use of the word pessimistic leaves many a member in grammar limbo....

[edit on 9/26/2008 by chapter29]

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 12:41 AM
link   

come to my house everybody but you gotta bring beer and bullets, we have some battle hardened former vets living right near each other, we own the block..lol, I think we need to just relax a bit, As a ten year army veteran I am not quite ready to open fire on soldiers and I really dont think they want to police american citizens. Now Im not saying that I know the joint chiefs or generals, well maybe I know one or two from my service but from the people I have spoken to and the friends I still have know nothing and Id like to think that we are still close enough that they would not hide anything from me, especially since one of my best friends is still serving, we went to boot camp together and AIT and so on and so on and we served overseas together so Im hoping the tie that binds is still strong and if it is going to happen as I stated before we are ready and I will protect what is mine and those around me..

This type? I have read the entire Thread. Just because I dont agree with you doesn't make me wrong. Like that we were all going to die 08 08 08. I said we wouldn't die... but I was wrong. And so like this... are you wrong. Im proud... Salute for you for being Ex Military and Not liking the word pessimistic... thats too bad.

There is no brigade to kill innocent Americans. Its to help with Hurrican relief, and the coming depression. Im done with the debate.

Edit to add...

Your using his posts in a roundabout way... even he is saying he doesnt think anything will happen.

[edit on 26-9-2008 by rjmelter]

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 01:05 AM
link   

Your using his posts in a roundabout way...even he is saying he doesnt think anything will happen

You are still not getting it.... then why make the comment that there is no need to stir up trouble? You are flip flopping here.

But hey...since we are not going to agree, I'll now leave it alone....no need to push the issue when the outcome will only serve one side.

Feel free to have the have the last the word - it's only fair...

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 01:07 AM
link   
I see this has become a bit of a small argument so Im going to clear it up on my end. First and foremost, I am an american and a patriot, My bullets and beer comment was meant to bring some levity to a topic that is very important to me so I tried some deflection and failed. I spent ten years in the army so when I read that a battlehardened unit such as the 3rd ID is getting a stateside deployment mission some questions should arise. I know many soldiers and a major in the 3rd ID personally so naturally I have been paying close attention to this, My opinion is this, as Ive stated before is simply that the 3rd ID has seven deployments under its belt so its nice to see one of the BCT's get a well deserved rest but when questions arise so do the theories and speculation and many folks speculate that this is a precursor to the country falling apart. There are many reasons why this happening and most of it is that the national guard is overseas(go figure right?..ironic). I also personally believe that god forbid this happens and I hope it doesnt but I just do not want to see soldiers engaged in combat with US citizens and I stated if this should happen I will protect myself and whats mine, I do not wish for combat on city streets and I do not wish to kill one of my own, Ive seen enough bloodshed and combat to keep me sour on the premise of war for eternity.

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 03:13 AM
link   
Why can't they use the UN for crowd control?Most in Useless Nations are anti-US anyway. They would welcome a battle that would eventually take us down.

Previous posts suggest elitist connections to UN so not farfetched. Alex Jones claims there are detention camps at the ready in every state. I live close to the one in Austin.

Its not paranoia if they are actually chasing you.

[edit on 27-9-2008 by seabisquit]

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 05:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by wingman77
A division is only 10,000 to 20,000 soldiers right? I don't like the idea of the CorpGov putting the active military on patrol in these United States, but that number of troops isn't going to stop a revolution or anything.

...but isn't the National Guard supposed to be the organization protecting the nation?

Great points. IMO, it's an acclimation process. They're getting us used to posse comitatus being null and void. As to the National Guard, I've long thought that the reason for their extended use in the 'war on terra' is to deplete the NG's ability, and so give excuse to using foreign troops, or our own military on USA soil.

edit for addition

[edit on 27-9-2008 by resistor]

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 06:59 AM
link   

"The 1st BCT’s soldiers also will learn how to use “the first ever nonlethal package that the Army has fielded,” 1st BCT commander Col. Roger Cloutier said, referring to crowd and traffic control equipment and nonlethal weapons designed to subdue unruly or dangerous individuals without killing them."

This sounds like they're talking about ELF's (extremely low frequencies), direct energy weapons, albeit low frequency, but still, theres nothing stopping them from upping the anti. Anyone get the impression that this also didn't just mean the Humvee mounted one? but maybe personal arms? [Bold]

I've been telling my friends for a while now, civil war is coming, IMO, it will start in America, and spread worldwide, when people see their countries leaders standing back and letting this happen, or even maybe sending in help, they'll see the world is broke, hopefully anyway .

EMM

Edit to add: Wasn't October 1st meant to be the start of assasinations of 'red list' members? Maybe rather than assasinating, they will be 'casualties' whilst controlling the protests? who kows, highly coincidental though.

and:

"You can read read read all you want. I am EX-Military. THERE IS NO PLAN TO INJURE CIVILIANS."

I don't think there is a conscious plan to hurt anyone by 'the army', yet they will be placed in positions were they may have too. How many people do you think questioned going and killing Muslims (or should I say Al Qaueda?) after 9/11? They pointed the finger, and many men and women ran to 'defend their country'. It ain't their fault, they weren't going over there to slaughter innocents, they thought they were protceting their country. Yet as more and more evidence comes to light, it seems that they weren't the people to blame in the first place. Same thing will happen here, people will be dubbed as terrorists, causing civil unrest, people like us on here, they will claim we are inciting fear in the people to topple the government, trust me, this will be the new angle on terrorism. If they point the finger and say, "they are threatening your country", then I feel that the fact they are an American citizen would be a moot point, it would be the label of 'terrorist' that will displace it.

I am not trying to offend anyone here, and reading over this, it may seem like I'm having a pop at the armed services, and I'm not. I'm merely stating that they are trained to do what they do, and don't ask questions. They can be 'used' and manipulated easily, through a structured heirarchy, in which itself, is only part of a bigger hierarchy.

[edit on 27-9-2008 by ElectroMagnetic Multivers]

[edit on 27-9-2008 by ElectroMagnetic Multivers]

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 08:13 AM
link   
I am from country in which it cames army to the streets

expect unexpected.
do not expect any good from this side

Army man is army man - and I cannot agree, I personally saw soldiers shooting to 17-old boys during demonstrations -

do not be afraid, it was military ammo BUT in this case soldier did not want to hit

BUT the orders can be very different.

They can even give some special kinds of drugs to the army - there are many of things which will change your response and mental activity. you will need only an impulse and than you will wake up in shock that you killed somebody

this is not a good sign

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 08:28 AM
link   
reply to post by cmd18B

Good post. People are already talking about an armed uprising, and as I for sure have my weapons on call, I doubt it will come to American soldiers bruting it's citizens into submission. I have friends in the Marines, the Army, and the Navy (Technically the Marines... blah blah blah) and I can say without a shadow of a doubt, no way would they be sieging their own cities, their fellow people, potentially their families. We need to give this thing the benefit of the doubt and not be pre-justifying why we would even need to revolt. There's a lot of intensity these days, but talking about tearing apart an army unit is no way to go about it. Just as we represent their brothers, sisters, mothers, etc... They represent my friends and family.

These hypotheticals are getting entirely out of hand. Calm down, and worry about you and yours. We're facing a huge recession and maybe the worst American depression. We need to be pro-active and help out our family and neighbors. We need to make sure all our own bases are covered for the fall, and contingency plans if things become increasingly difficult. We don't need to vilify or fear hard working American soldiers because we're in a scary time right now. They might be on our land, but that doesn't mean they are our enemies, because they're not. They're heroes, and we should treat them accordingly.

[edit on 27-9-2008 by DeadFlagBlues]

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join