It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Object filmed moving near the moon 19/08/08 multiple witnesses

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 07:46 PM
link   
Swamp Gas over Venus

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 07:47 PM
link   
Stop the Madness.

I hope the real cause was discussed already. IT was a planet.... Ask an astronomer...

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 07:50 PM
link   
reply to post by '___'eed

which planet?

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 07:52 PM
link   
Hello, I wanted to inform you all that I live in Western NY, and last night the moon was indeed orange as it was rising last night. Today being 08/20/2008, and last night being 08/19/2008, for clarity purposes.

I was riding with my girlfriend to walmart in the next town headed north when I looked to my right (eastish?) and saw a large orange almost full moon. It was low in the sky and I could only see it through the gaps in the trees, but it was orange, and about two or three times it's normal size. By the time we were headed back, the moon was white and normal sized sitting higher in the sky.

I didn't see any UFO's around it, but I wasn't really looking either. I don't know if the video is real or fake, but the moon was orange, which would take a lot of planning if it was faked.

Hope this helped :3

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 08:00 PM
link   
I didnt see anyone post the part 2 of the video. This one has 2 objects this time.
This doesnt seem to be a hoax to me, Ive also seen Jupiter and Saturn near the moon many times and Ive never personally seen them that "large" compared to the moon or move that quickly around the moon.

For the people complaining about the excitement in the background, jeez get a life, theyre kids, it doesnt mean theyre ignorant or un-educated, it just means theyre kids and theyre excited.

[edit on 8/20/2008 by Kr0n0s]

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 08:14 PM
link   
i saw this driving home with my girl, im from NJ, i was driving, and thought it was a plane or something, well... since they saw it in florida... yea... it was definately near the moon, since a few thousand miles seperates NJ and FL and showing the same thing i saw... really odd...

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by gonquin
how do u know thats the moon ?

That's exactly what I was going to say and the kid that's sh*&%# his pants sounds ridiculous. And I'm not a skeptic.

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 08:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Danelle

Originally posted by gonquin
how do u know thats the moon ?

That's exactly what I was going to say and the kid that's sh*&%# his pants sounds ridiculous. And I'm not a skeptic.

You're right...the kid doesn't sound like most professional 15 year olds. Case closed.

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 08:28 PM
link   
Looks very much like mars. I think the position where it's at is supposed to be where it is . looks like the moon was rising making it appear mars was moving.

You should check out the mars phase to see if anything on aug,19 happened??

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 08:43 PM
link   
reply to post by computerwiz32

I have never seen a planet look that large or bright, next to the moon or not.

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 08:51 PM
link   
It was the moon and a planet.

Ask people, especially people who smoke at that time at night.

These objects made no strange movements and continued slowly in the sky.

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 09:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by '___'eed
It was the moon and a planet.

Ask people, especially people who smoke at that time at night.

These objects made no strange movements and continued slowly in the sky.

Ok...(asks self.)

Nope, the answer I got back was still, that's larger than any planet I've seen.

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 09:03 PM
link   
reply to post by '___'eed

Um, no. they moved several inches, relatively speaking, in a short amount of time.
When a planet shows up along side of the moon its movement away from or towards the moon normally takes a few hours, not a few minutes.
Im not entirely sure what this is a video of but I for one have seen unexplained objects first hand and thats exactly what this is, unexplained.

I would believe it to be an alien craft over some of the explanations that ive seen in this thread and in the comments section of youtube.
ie.. someone in the woods with some flashlights etc..

However, out of all of them that ive read, the planet theory is the best one but its my opinion that the movement speed of the object is way to quick and the fact that another object showed up, is enough for me to discount the planet theory.

When it was one object the planet theory was a lot more believable but now that another one has showed up, that theory is out the window.
How do you guys explain another object showing up right beside the first object, then disappearing and reappearing a couple of times?

[edit on 8/20/2008 by Kr0n0s]

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 09:18 PM
link   
Never seen the moon like that also ! BS. was a set-up .Bogus .

Man wish bigfoot would come back to life ! really liked him .

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 09:35 PM
link   
reply to post by tarifa37

as the youtube commenters said, it is a planet.......

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 09:49 PM
link   

Stop the Madness.

I hope the real cause was discussed already. IT was a planet.... Ask an astronomer...
is this what you did? care to enlighten us? what planet is this? how can you, or an astronomist, explain the distance it covered in just four minutes? i don't know much about what planets look like from earth and how they move but i didn't think they traveled through our night sky that quickly

*shrugs*

this looks legit to me

you guys, we don't have to have, or think we have to have an explanation for everything. it'd be alright if every once in a while you sat back in your chair, scratched your chin and said "i really have no idea what that could be"

i mean, what are you guys looking for? honestly?

[edit on 20-8-2008 by Roland Deschain]

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 09:52 PM
link   
I have been following this post since I first saw it at work. Unfortunately there I can not view video on youtube. Now that I have seen the video, I must say that there is nothing more to this video except for a bunch of kids trying to put one over on the web comunity. When you view the video there was an extra bit of glow around the moon, which you would not normally get if you took video of the moon. Althogh a fun and entertaining little clip, I must say that there is nothing to this.

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 09:53 PM
link   
reply to post by AlienCarnage

You have no evidence to support this. In fact there is more evidence pointing to this being an actual UFO.

I don't see how some of you are coming to your conclusions.

Kids trying to pull a fast one on the internet, maybe get a little bit of internet fame. Right.

[edit on 20-8-2008 by Roland Deschain]

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 10:02 PM
link   
reply to post by tarifa37

Check out this what I found on this picture of the moon. made a short
video. Nasa must have missed it lol
www.youtube.com...

[edit on 20-8-2008 by fastdriver]

[edit on 20-8-2008 by fastdriver]

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 10:06 PM
link   

Stop the Madness.

I was gonna say it seems to me that it looks a little like venus looks in comparison to the moon in the mornings except there both usually bright white.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join