It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Object filmed moving near the moon 19/08/08 multiple witnesses

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by ngchunter
Notice how much lower than the moon the light gets in the video? The moon could not be that yellow while being that high up unless there were some kind of heavy particulate in the area like smoke. In either case it couldn't be low on the horizon, therefore we can not assume that the light is "outside the atmosphere" just based on the color. As I mentioned before, it's probably that color due to poor white balance in the camera.

We already had a poster mention dust from volcanic activity. And, we don't have any points of reference for the "height-above-horizon", so we have to take his word on it, that the white balance is normal. I've never had a digital camera swing into a strange color, EVER.

Did you read my above thread? IT'S BRIGHTER THAN THE MOON!!! Nothing does that, really.

Can SpaceSilence please try to adjust the "orange" out of his original picture, to get a color for this object?

Thanks,

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 10:37 AM
link   
Furthermore, since I viewed this video, I cannot even access YouTube OR Google ANYTHING... GOOGLE IS DOWN! That never happens, they have thousands of backup systems. THEY SHUT IT DOWN.

wow....

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 10:37 AM
link   
That doesn't look like the moon.
Ive seen a moon similar to that before.
But not that intense red/orange.
Can get orangy red moons when the sun sets later in the evening in summer.
But not that bright orangey/red.
Man I find it incredibly weird how the moon looks totally different in different states in different country's.
Makes me kind of feel like its the truman show like someone is just showing a hologram

Wtf was this thing how can we confirm its even the moon.

Originally posted by dnbaudio
Furthermore, since I viewed this video, I cannot even access YouTube OR Google ANYTHING... GOOGLE IS DOWN! That never happens, they have thousands of backup systems. THEY SHUT IT DOWN.

wow....

Its not down.

[edit on 20-8-2008 by Interestinggg]

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by AlexDJ
First we need the exact time, day hour this was taken?..why..because right now all august Jupiter passes very close to our moon each and every night, its the most bright object (after the moon) in the nightsky and right now its passing very close (i said all august) to the moon!..so we need the exact time, day hour and location so i can plot it on my astronomy software (stellarium, you can downloaded free at www.stellarium.org) so we can discard its not Jupiter indeed!

I am an amateur astronomer.

[edit on 20-8-2008 by AlexDJ]

Just to let you know I have sent a message to the video owner "Clank890"
asking him for more info including dates and if there is any other videos available of this sighting(if that is what it is).I will let the thread know as soon as I learn anything new.

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by dnbaudio

wow....

YT is still up and running ,ive just checked and so is google.Try comming off line and going back on again it sometimes helps .

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 10:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Interestinggg

Hey have you ever herd of a harvest moon? In the Northern hem the moon looks like the vid mostly in the fall eh.
The interesting part of the vid is when the light fades out at the end. There is a tiny flash simular to the ones that have been reported in the night sky all over the world.
K.

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 10:57 AM
link   
This thing is high in the air (see astronomical data). There are no mountains in Florida. Forget car lights (too high), reflections (Maybe a blimp would reflect enough light to be that bright in comparison to the moon), swamp gas (too high)....volcanoes? Really? Check google news for recent volcanic activity.

It *looks* like a military flair.

1. Appearance. Bright and amber in color.
2. Movement.. Military flairs are carried by small parachutes.
3. Duration. Military flairs are aloft for several minutes and carried by the wind.
4. Disappearance. Military flairs fade out pretty quick once the fuel is spent. They don't land on the ground still hot to prevent forest fires.

Just go look at youtube videos of military flairs. You'll see the same thing here in this video.

There are two problems with this though.

1. There are no military bases nearby (closest being in Jacksonville, I think.)
2. If you see one military flair, you usually see several. It is likely the narrator in the video saw two of them in succession.

It is unlikely to be a flair from a military flair gun because of the location. Maybe some civilian or off-duty GI shot a couple in the air for kicks, who knows. Other than that, it would have to be flairs release from a military aircraft.

Look, I've seen some really convincing videos...but this just isn't one of them. If something like that was really orbiting the moon, it would have to be the size of Alaska to reflect that much light.

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 11:01 AM
link   
The small object looks like what has have been identified as Jupiter in a previous ATS thread. I've been watching it and it often appears near the moon.

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by kitos
reply to post by Interestinggg

Hey have you ever herd of a harvest moon? In the Northern hem the moon looks like the vid mostly in the fall eh.
The interesting part of the vid is when the light fades out at the end. There is a tiny flash simular to the ones that have been reported in the night sky all over the world.
K.

Was just about to say that. It's the times of the Harvest Moon down here aka the "Halloween Moon." I live in south west Georgia and the moon has that orange glow every night.

Edit - From my experience of watching the moon, from where I am anyway, Jupiter from my point of view is a good deal away from the moon. And it doesn't just vanish. It's a pin of yellow light that is extremely noticeable, to me anyway.

[edit on 20-8-2008 by Boogley]

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by AlexDJ
First we need the exact time, day hour this was taken?..why..because right now all august Jupiter passes very close to our moon each and every night, its the most bright object (after the moon) in the nightsky and right now its passing very close (i said all august) to the moon!..so we need the exact time, day hour and location so i can plot it on my astronomy software (stellarium, you can downloaded free at www.stellarium.org) so we can discard its not Jupiter indeed!

I am an amateur astronomer.

[edit on 20-8-2008 by AlexDJ]

I am also an amateur astronomer, and the MOON PASSES BY JUPITER, not the other way around. I agree that we need to time/date.

Furthermore, Jupiter doesn't change directions or disappear.

AND, Jupiter is the second brightest object in the night sky, after the Moon, and this object is brighter than it, so it's a "light-emitting" object (extremely bright).

Seriously, it's not swamp-gas, either,

[edit on 20-8-2008 by dnbaudio]

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by leptronics
The small object looks like what has have been identified as Jupiter in a previous ATS thread. I've been watching it and it often appears near the moon.

Please correct me if im wrong,but I don't think that Jupiter moves that quick,unless they have used some jigery pokery stuff on that video.

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 11:41 AM
link   
I'm starting to doubt the fact that there is something wrong with the white balance after that guy said 'and for some reason the moon appears to be orange'. If he said that because he was looking on the monitor or because it actually way orange. If he said it when looking directly at the moon, then I don't know. If he said while looking at the screen, I'd say there was something with the white balance or general setting of the camera. White balance does that to things, either makes it look blueish or orangeish, depending on the setting.

Before it goes away, it seems to be pulsating for a bit and then going.

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 11:59 AM
link   
i saw 9 UFOs at night of lunar eclipse... they came from the part of the sky where the moon was. not all UFOs are seen on footage, in fact footage is so crapy.. nothing like the real view. check out my youtube channel for videos. they are only ones posted by me.. youtube.com...

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 12:09 PM
link   
A strange looking UFO video from a bunch of kids at camp?

Fake.

edit : btw, there is a star which often appears to be close to the moon however its obvious WAY off in the distance.

[edit on 20-8-2008 by LoveKnowledge]

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 12:16 PM
link   
Well look it could be faked right?
But it seems genuine with all the talking in the background.
They appear to be rather stunned/shocked.
But then again it could be anything.

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 12:17 PM
link   
Good find, thanks for posting. At first I thought it was Jupiter but it was moving way too fast. Wish the person had zoomed out some so we could get a perspective of it.

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 12:23 PM
link   
reply to post by jimmyx

I seen the moon like this many times. Bright orange normally when it is full.
And i really like this video. It is interesting to say the least. And the time this object stays in one place tells me its not something just passing through space.

What i cant ever understand is how anyone can say there are no such thing as life beyond our measly little planet in the vastness of infinite space. Is it that threatening to people to think that we are not alone? I personally think its just fear and insecurity. This video is better than most ive seen, So a star and flag for the O.P for finding it and posting. I also dont have a doubt that we are looking at the moon in this video. I see some people are questioning if it is or not. To each his own i guess. I am open to other explanations To what this may be, But for now I see it as the moon with an object that is fairly big in size near it.

Most likely we will never know for sure and we will be back to square one soon enough. So have fun all, One day after we depart this earth, we may find the answers we are looking for. We can only hope.

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 12:23 PM
link   
It's interesting. But only for one reason to me. I have seen something similar. Not the same but similar.

As I have posted in other threads my wife and I spotted a bright object in the skies of Washington State January before last. On the camera it was bright orange. In the sky it was bright white. At one point a smaller bright object seemed to come out of it and then orbit around. After about 20 minutes a couple more bright lights came out and started to orbit it. It changed direction a couple of times but never zoomed around. Just a nice casual pace.

I bring up the bright lights because at one point they seemed to disappear. This wasn't because they were gone but because the object had moved closer to the horizon and some trees started to blot it out. It looked kind of like what happened at the end of this video.

Is it real? I would say the video hasn't been tampered with. However, does that mean it is an 'alien' ship? I don't know. I just know that I tend to believe that it is something other than lanterns, satellites, planets or airplanes. Especially with the direction it moved and the distance it covered in 4:47.

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 12:26 PM
link   
how can some people here even think of a star, that is moving and changing direction! have you ever seen a moving star??? ROFL LMAO WTF well, and if it is a moving star, then it is a ufo, folks, because, ufos just look like that - moving stars! yes, i have seen REAL ufos, so i can tell. real ufos you still dispute about.

searl effect (+ super conductor) / levity disc = ufo propulsion. check it out and compare it to the infamous "ufo river italy"-video.

picture from www.borderlands.de...

note: the "emissionsplatten" seem to be responsible for maneuvering the craft; look closely what happens at location of the "emissionsplatten" of the italy-ufo, seems like ionization or something else (plasma) to me. REAL!

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 12:30 PM
link   
That looks like a near earth intersecting object approaching from beyond the moon, from earth night vantage point, it 'disappeared when it went into the moons shadow, reappeared below the moon , and then disappeared again when entering earths shadow. (Object was between the earth and the moon and getting closer.)
This video scared the heck out of me.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join