It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Object filmed moving near the moon 19/08/08 multiple witnesses

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 03:38 AM
link   
Let me set the record straight,I brought this video to ats because I thought it was very interesting and hoped some of you guys could shed some light on it.I have no idea if it is real or not,however I did think it looked and sounded genuine.At this point I neither believe or dis-believe it,I don't think anyone here has debunked it.As it can't be a planet(moves to fast,second vid has two objects) does not look like a plane ,helicopter ,flare, lantern, car or anything else I can think of. But this is what is great about this site it has taken a vid with 30 hits and run with it,and it now has 7898 hits and caused a great debate.

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 03:47 AM
link   
Well its hard to say what it really is. But I have seen the moon looking that colour before. Its quite common. As someone already mentioned its to do with dust in the air. Go to Africa and you'd see it quite often. It is strange that the object(s) are the same colour though. Giving the impression that they are at the same height. (That is if it is actually the moon were looking at).

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 03:57 AM
link   
reply to post by tezzajw

What a friggin jerk. Pissy cause the Aussies got spanked by the U.S. in the Olympics?

Anyway, without insulting the inteligence of an entire nation based off one little girls comment, I would have to say this is one of the more impressive videos I have seen. But hard to say....Satellite? Seems way to large to be a satellite and it must be moving pretty dang fast to make that path in the time it did, do satellites make that kind of path anyway? Well, whatever it is, it isn't in our atmosphere and it is definately intelligent design.

[edit on 21-8-2008 by Sheeper]

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 05:22 AM
link   
very interesting video's, I was gonna say UFO until i saw the 2nd video and Jubjubs speed up video, these objects do seem to float downwards and dont seem to move to the sides or back upwards. Is it possible its a military flare or flares? could a military flare be that bright on a small camera that was used?

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 06:48 AM
link   
It's Mars ding dongs! That's why the moon looks red. Study up!

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 06:50 AM
link   
what? don't think mars can be viewed that huge with a camcorder

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 07:06 AM
link   
The moon is more orange or yellow in color when it first rises at night. This effect is explained here.

It seems to me that what is moving is the moon, arising in the sky, not the object itself.

On this link it is referred that Jupiter was close to the moon around the 17th of July.
Maybe this object could be Jupiter. Maybe the disappearance of it in the 1st video could be explained by the trees mentioned in the 2nd video…

But this definitely this not explains the 2nd object…

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 08:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by ngchunter
Actually, if it were orbiting the moon the motion would not be that obvious over a 4 minute time frame. It takes a spacecraft hours to orbit the moon, not minutes, especially at that "apparent altitude" from the moon. If it were really at the distance of the moon and moving that fast you're talking about a velocity that would be a significant fraction of c, so you should see all kinds of crazy relativistic effects in the object, such as severe color shifting as it changes directions.

Thank you. God it's good to hear common sense. As soon as I heard him say that I nearly "shat myself" too!

If it was orbiting the moon you wouldn't see it, and it wouldn't do it in 4 minutes.

In any case, may be a high altitude balloon...

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 08:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by doomsday2012
It's Mars ding dongs! That's why the moon looks red. Study up!

Can I have your permission to use this as my next signature line?

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 08:47 AM
link   
hey all, i created a youtube account and have just start conversing with the maker of the clip!!!!

Ok check out what he said to my quick query...

Re: ufo clip

Hey its was weird watching this occur with alot of people they seemed like flares at first. it was at lake wales. But the movd than came with more and more for a 3 hour peiod.

cool eh? U2U me or reply to my post and i'll get chatting with him and will happily ask him any questions you have, I don't think he's willing to participate on the forum though.

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 09:07 AM
link   
I found an answer as to why the moon would appear red in Florida. It's dust in the atmosphere from the Sahara desert in Africa.

Source www.npr.org...

Day to Day, July 28, 2005 · Southern Florida is about to be hit by a major dust cloud, blown across the Atlantic Ocean from storms scouring sand from the Sahara Desert. Madeleine Brand speaks with dust cloud expert Dr. Joseph Prospero, a professor of marine and atmospheric science at the University of Miami.

Here is some information from Nasa on the subject.

www.gsfc.nasa.gov...

Also has anyone considered an asteroid or another planet like Mars or Venus may be what is causing all of this?

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 09:09 AM
link   
ok, so i've responded with the following questions:

1. how many people (roughly) do you think witnessed the event?

2. during the video you explained where you were located (florida), could you re-confirm this?

3.did it seem like a light or more like a solid object which is reflecting light.

4. can i ask approx how old you are because i had the feeling you guys were on a summer camp (just curious, you're welcome to withold this info).

5. don't worry if you can't answer, but do you reckon it was within or outside our atmosphere?

6. generally how did people react? (fear? disbelief? happiness?)

7. finally...It's hard to tell how smoothly the object moved, did it move erratically (like a mosquito) or in a linear fashion (like a plane).

fingers crossed!

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 09:38 AM
link   
Last night on my journeys I noticed the moon looked almost the same as in the video, had an orange tinge to it, I heard it was from volcanic ash and stuff in the atmosphere, not sure tho, but thats definitely a moon in the video.

As for the objects, I donno, very interesting footage.

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 09:48 AM
link   
Harvest Moon - No Acting - Orange Moving Ufo Thingy - Looks great!
Nice Find.

...never ever underestimate summer camp...

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by tezzajw
I don't blame ET for not wanting to reveal itself. Listen to the over-the-top reactions from the people in this video. Why would people be "sh***** themselves" at the sight of a light? Far out, imagine how they would react with a real mothership cruising low over their heads. Morons! Someone asks "Is it a supervova?" What the hell is wrong with basic science knowledge in the USA???

It's hard to say what the light is. Afterall, it's just a light that moves - slowly. Maybe someone with spare time and video skills could track the moon and keep it centre frame, to see how the light moves around it?

The light snuffs out, maybe a flare? Maybe a lantern?

It's not the worst 4.47min that I've spent, but it's nothing more than a light in the sky.
if it is a summer camp than it is just a group of kids in the background being histericle. the guy filming must be the only person acting civilized.

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 10:04 AM
link   
Thats not even the damn moon, its far too small in the sky and theres nothing on the video to actually show you're looking at the sky.

For all we know that could be 5 kids in their tent with some sort of light.

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 10:25 AM
link   
I have also recently seen an unidentified object on Aug 5th, it was much closer, I though...I think. The color was almost exactly the same with a hint of yellow.

I have had trouble uploading a sketch of what myself and 3 others saw in Ottawa, Canada.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 10:26 AM
link   
In Tennessee two were seen flying in the general direction towards the moon and one heading east out of the atmosphere completely away from the moon. Started around 0345 and were about 30minutes apart.

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 10:57 AM
link   
I think this is the best UFO video I've ever seen. Seems real, the peoples reactions, the camera film, all of it. We all know our moon, so people saying it is a planet or anything else is just ridiculous. And just last night the moon was low on the horizon and orange and gigantic, so it's look changes due to all kinds of scientific reasons, but we always know it's the moon. The chinese lantern thing is getting really old as an explanation, so I hope no one is using that one again. Great find, I'm sharing this with friends, I don't do that often, don't want to seem too crazy!

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 11:08 AM
link   
Ignore the moon. This object is much closer than the moon.

Not sure what it is. Possibly one of the fakes.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join