It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Object filmed moving near the moon 19/08/08 multiple witnesses

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Originally posted by Kr0n0s
reply to post by AlienCarnage

Oh yes, that certainly is irrefutable evidence that they hoaxed this event

First I never said this was irrefutable evidence. I did say that by the picture I took of the Moon and the 1 in the video that uppon close examination of both, there was an unmistaken difference.

In my opinion we are not looking at the moon in the video. The side by side comparison another ATSer posted looks similar but not exact. The moon object in the vidio in the close up examination I did seems to be giving off light instead of reflecting it as in the picture I took. The close up examination shows this.

I am not say that I can't be wrong concerning this, however it must be looked upon with objective mind.

Just because something looks like it might be something does not mean it is. Instead of everyone just assuming it is the moon, it should be first verified that we are actually looking at the moon, not a something made to look like the moon. Once it is established scientifically tthat it is the moon, then you start discussing the other objects.

I am willing to keep an open mind once the proper analysis of the video is made.

If I could get a good hard copy of the video, I would be happy to put it through my video software to do a proper analysis of the video. That might be the best way to determine all of the objects.

[edit on 8/21/2008 by AlienCarnage]

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 01:09 PM
link   
I'm going to have to try to get my digicam and take some pictures of the moon tonight. I don't get out of work until 10:30 but that should be enough time. While I'm at work though some of you who are ranting about the moons color, really need to research the "Harvest Moon." That moon color is 100% normal this time of year in this part of the United States. I've already stated that but the "debunkers" or whatever they are supposed to be called completely overlooked it.

[edit on 21-8-2008 by Boogley]

Edit - Here's the Wikipedia. I know some people don't like Wiki but I have 3 mins to search here.

Link

Often, the Harvest Moon seems to be bigger or brighter or more colorful than other moons. These effects have to do with the seasonal tilt of the earth. The warm color of the moon shortly after it rises is an optical illusion, based on the fact that when the moon is low in the sky, you are looking at it through a greater amount of atmospheric particles than when the moon is overhead. The atmosphere scatters the bluish component of moonlight (which is really reflected white light from the sun), but allows the reddish component of the light to travel a straighter path to your eyes. Hence all moons (and stars and planets) look reddish when they are low in the sky.

[edit on 21-8-2008 by Boogley]

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 01:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Boogley

It is not the color I have a problem with. My problem with the "moon" is that under close examination, it apears to be giving off light rather than reflecting it.

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 01:43 PM
link   
Reminds me of a rocket launch at night I seen once, I only seen the orange red glow of the thruster, but I knew it was a rocket I seen it launch, but it really looks like a rocket headed for space.

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by ignorant_ape
i have 2 issues -

1 is that really the moon , if so can people provide independant confirmation that the moon did indeed appear orange , when viewed from southern florida on the date in question

2 narration - listen to the penultimate thing he says

its gone away again , one last time

" one last time ? " ??????????????????????????

as the narration is suppsedly real time - how did he know it was not going to re appear ?????????????????

Can we not get so sidetracked on the color of the moon. Seriously if you have never seen the moon look a different color than bright white you don't look up much at night do you?

Ive seen blue moons and bright white moons and orange-ish like this. By the way it's this color orange just after full dark almost every night.

People need to get out more.

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 02:40 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by tarifa37

Thanks for posting the secon video,it makes it even more interesting and harder to debunk.

You're welcome.
As far as the arguments that are going on here, as long as there are unexplainable events happening, there will always be people on both sides of the fence and each side will do their best to explain why theyre on that side and they will attempt to bring people over to their respective sides.

The worst theory that Ive read regarding this case is that this isnt the real moon and the reason its the worst is because believe or not, some people are saying that the moon has NEVER been this color of Orange.
I've seen the moon giving off several different colors, especially when its closer to the horizon, Red, Yellow, Orange, Pinkish, Gray and so on.
So to quote what someone else said, if youve never seen the moon give off any other color besides white, then they need to get out more often.

Like I said, its my opinion that

A: This is the Moon, the arguments made about this being a light are not convincing at all.

B: My opinion about the objects in question is that they are some type of crafts that are either in our atmosphere and somewhat small or they are
actually near the moon and are HUGE.

C: And finally we have to ask ourselves this.
Whether they were in the atmosphere or near the moon, are they of human origin and carrying supplies/men to or from a possible base on the far side of the moon or are they of alien origin doing the same thing?

Maybe we will ALL find out the truth to all of our burning questions someday, hopefully within my lifetime.

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 05:07 PM
link   
Is there a road on the same plane as the cam?. Those might be car headlights
or low flying helicopters.

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 05:13 PM
link   
reply to post by ngchunter

The red moon was indeed not part of the eclipse - which was not visible

on the north american continent, but everywhere else.

Today on spaceweather there

is a great summary of upper stratospheric 'OZONE FRINGE' tinging

the reflected light reddish-orange. NICE post nghunter, keep up the

sharp scientific scrutiny.

OZONE FRINGE JPEG

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 05:21 PM
link   
wow, did all of you NOT happen see this EXACT same thing about a week and 1/2 before the Olympics started (eastern US night sky)? I was freaking out, calling everyone I know to wake them up to see it and confirm they saw it too. I also Msg'd 4 observitories, and called the local news. Some had vague responses, some did not reply... It did the same thing when I saw it before, and it was like nobody was interested. I dont usually post on msg boards, so I just scanned the channels for 3-4 days, nobody was talking about "object near moon" that seemed to be like what we were seeing, and now the video from Lake Wales, Florida is the same thing I saw. Is the Oct. 14, 2008 thing relevant to this? I saw something about the "Galactic Light Federation" and "Lightworkers" talking about a 2,000 mile wide ship is going to come and park here for 3 days and prove to us other intel. life exists. As fast as that thing leaves at the end of vid, we would never even have noticed it, if it usually parks behind the moon.

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 05:45 PM
link   
To me it looks like its a planet in the same area of the sky as the moon, and perhaps the moon is moving faster and thats why it looks like the light is moving in relation to the moon. Any astronomers confirm or refute that?

The light disappearing could be a small cloud.

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 06:26 PM
link   
within the months of june to december 2008 no known recorded celestial objects (planets, comets, meteors, sattelites etc. etc.) will move like that in relation to the moon.

source, various sky/space based peices of software.

this means, the objects are..

1. outside the atmosphere, and not recorded.
2. inside the atmosphere.

i repeat, those objects aren't any know celestial objects.

bigmoose

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 06:43 PM
link   
Assuming that is the moon.............the orange colour is a usual phenomena caused by pollution in the lower atmosphere, now this month the moon is very close to jupiter (from our perspective down on this rock).
Now bear in mind, heres the clever science.........the earth rotates (wow), the moon orbits the earth, so........it may look like Jupiter is moving away / towards / aliginging itself with / from the moon as Jupiter crosses our sky, but it would be very slow, you would have to watch for a while to see it, or use time lapse video, whichever you can be bothered doing.
"But the object dis-appears!" i hear you all cry, that would more than likely be a dark cloud passing in front of Jupiter.

I should have added (thank you edit button) Jupiter is at magnitude -2.6 which makes it the second brightest object to the moon.

[edit on 21/8/08 by woogleuk]

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 07:13 PM
link   
reply to post by sdrawkcabII

I think the video is real, the kids reactions are very typical. Im sure those people on here that have seen things themselves have had a little release of adrenaline at the time and a feeling of excitement. In my opinion there reaction is nothing more than genuine.

As an MD of a film production company with a fair bit of experience I would personally say it would be hard to confirm from poor quality footage / extracted screen grabs if it was real or not. I personally think on the surface it has characteristics of being real and also think people are too quick to judge and dismiss such videos. We have all seen videos online and all have made our own conclusions based upon what we have seen.

This video seems a little different, and with the increase in UFO sightings in recent months then sure why not, this could be the real deal who know.

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 07:37 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 07:49 PM
link   
Hey, all.

There is a second part to this video

PART 2

Or, you can just click on the video poster's name, Clank890, and get it that way.

Although it may be nothing miraculous, this definitely isn't a hoax.

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 08:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jubjub

Originally posted by Jubjub
Ok, I tracked the video, sped it all up 50x and added a couple of frames on top of each other and came up with this --->

filupload.dk... (Type in the security code shown on the left and click the download-tag)

The video is small in size (also the filesize ~ 120kb) but it demonstrates clearly (at least to me) that it probably is just a flare of some kind.

[edit on 20-8-2008 by Jubjub]

** BUMP **

JubJub thanks for the work you did , Very good job of debunking My friend, This is now debunked , Its a flare watch the 50 x video .....anybody that says it not a flare is not a good judge IMO

[edit on 21-8-2008 by yenko13]

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 08:11 PM
link   
great find OP, its the details, the little things that point the way towards something big very soon..

To all the people that "just see a light" and dont know what the fuzz is about, well, yeah its a lights, but what is the nature of said light, what size it is, what altitude and a long list of etc.

Its not a chinese lantern because of the movement, its going from top to bottom and then disappears...
Its not a star because its moves faster than the normal movement of the stars, i don't think its jupiter, if it were a planet i would think it was venus, as is sometimes seen next to the moon shining really bright, but this thing moves and then disappears...

Open your eyes people, that light in the sky is not normal, whatever the explanation to it is...
The kids who took this video seem genuinely exited, as you would if you ever have the opportunity to witness something similar

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 08:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by billyjoinedat2k8

You cant have a go at the people in the video just because they are scared they probably havnt seem anything like that in their lives its human nature to be scared when something like that happens.

Its because they are American teens and TV taught them to react like that. They always "act" even in real life events. They think this is how people should be because Hollywood portrays it that way.

It does look as though something was using the moons gravity to get a boost.

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 08:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by jimmyx
never seen the moon like that, took my own camera outside and that clip is completely different from what came up in my camera. and there are no context shots...people, trees, hills, other lights. this does not pass the smell test.

If it was taken on Sunday it is because there was a Lunar eclipse on that full moon. The shadow from the earth makes the moon appear orange to red from the suns rays traveling through the atmosphere. To me if that was taken on Sunday it makes it more credible that something was orbiting the moon because they would both be within the orange cast from the earth.

Its called a bloodmoon. I had one rise on my 44th b-day when it rose my wife thought the woods behind our house were on fire, until the moon cleared the treeline.

Edit to add: If you look at my avatar that is an image I did in photoshop, I drew the wolf with the third eye and overlaid it on an image of a bloodmoon.

That moon was the harbinger of me coming into my full esoteric ability.

[edit on 21-8-2008 by LoneGunMan]

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join