It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Object filmed moving near the moon 19/08/08 multiple witnesses

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+20 more 
posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 05:57 AM
link   
I found this on youtube its an amazing video of an object moving around the moon.I don't know anything else about it although it does look and sound genuine.Can anyone shed some light on this,as it seems other people saw and filmed it.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 06:14 AM
link   
More info, it was shot at lake wales florida, at some kind of summer camp.

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 06:28 AM
link   
Whoa... multiple witnesses, not an incredibly shaky video. Everyone in the background commotion seems thoroughly surprised and not like bad actors. I'd say this is a nice find... looks legit to me. Especially compared to most of the garbage you see come through the wire these days.
Nice find.

-Z-

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 06:35 AM
link   
hi i skydive at lake wales.

did the object apeaar hi in the sky or was it like huge and near the moon.

if it was say at 40,000 ft it would have been pretty good size but if it was near the moon it could be huge.

anything else with the sitting lightening or anything strange?

thanks very much\\

Chris

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 06:36 AM
link   
It looks like the object was aligning itself, perhaps using some type of gravitational assist from the moon. Then accelerating out.

Atmospheric effects with the curvature of the earth could explain the orange moon.

+2 more 
posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 06:42 AM
link   
I don't blame ET for not wanting to reveal itself. Listen to the over-the-top reactions from the people in this video. Why would people be "sh***** themselves" at the sight of a light? Far out, imagine how they would react with a real mothership cruising low over their heads. Morons! Someone asks "Is it a supervova?" What the hell is wrong with basic science knowledge in the USA???

It's hard to say what the light is. Afterall, it's just a light that moves - slowly. Maybe someone with spare time and video skills could track the moon and keep it centre frame, to see how the light moves around it?

The light snuffs out, maybe a flare? Maybe a lantern?

It's not the worst 4.47min that I've spent, but it's nothing more than a light in the sky.

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 07:00 AM
link   
reply to post by tezzajw

You cant have a go at the people in the video just because they are scared they probably havnt seem anything like that in their lives its human nature to be scared when something like that happens.

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 07:02 AM
link   
...And it's in the category: Entertainment

So i guess it's not that important

[edit on 20-8-2008 by cluas]

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 07:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by cluas
...And it's in the category: Entertainment

So i guess it's not that important

[edit on 20-8-2008 by cluas]

I did spot that also,mind you that could make it even more genuine as they might not have known what cat to put it in.If you look at their yt account you will see that they are not ufo buffs.

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 07:21 AM
link   
how do u know thats the moon ?

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 07:24 AM
link   
never seen the moon like that, took my own camera outside and that clip is completely different from what came up in my camera. and there are no context shots...people, trees, hills, other lights. this does not pass the smell test.

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 07:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by airborne82ndscout
hi i skydive at lake wales.

did the object apeaar hi in the sky or was it like huge and near the moon.

if it was say at 40,000 ft it would have been pretty good size but if it was near the moon it could be huge.

anything else with the sitting lightening or anything strange?

thanks very much\\

Chris

Sorry don't have any more info apart from what I gleaned from the video.Although the footage is not very close,it does seem( when viewed in hq and full screen) to be the moon.And it was the peoples reaction in the background that I found interesting,seemed genuine .Thats why I started this thread,to see if anyone here has more info or had heard about it.

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 07:25 AM
link   
sry guys ,looks to me as a lantarn shining a light in the dark( and somebody on summercamp trying to scare some kids)

Watch the color, distance and shape of both lights, but I might be very wrong

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 07:30 AM
link   
plus there was Zero attempt to zoom in..

I would have at least tried to zoom in .. wouldnt you..
who would keep the camera backed all the way up.. seems like \
they didnt want to get too much detail...

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 07:33 AM
link   
About a week ago, my wife and I saw 12 of those lights flying low, at a constant speed, at first we thought that the Flugwaffe (German Air Force) we holding a manoeuvre but that was ruled out... it was absolutely silent, no motor sounds at all, we don't know what we saw, to tell the truth, we can only speculate on it... so thanks for the post m8.

At least we know now that others have seen those things as well.

BTW. My lady wife does not believe in anything Alien.... but I'm working on it.

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 07:37 AM
link   
I heared on the news last night that there's a lot of dust in the atmosphere, I believe from a volcano, so that would explain the orange glow. Both the moon and the object apear orange, I think it is safe to asume that the object is outside earths atmosphere.

[edit on 20-8-2008 by 2Faced]

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 07:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by gonquin
how do u know thats the moon ?

Your guess is as good as mine,however he does say that he is using a samsung camera (not camcorder),that would account for the moon looking so small.If you look close it does seem to have some detail on it that does look like the topography of the moon.But as you sat can't say for sure what it is.Listen to the poeple in the background as I think that is what is interesting and made me give this vid a second chance.Thats why I would like to know if anyone else there got any footage or can give us a description,or at least fess up that it was just a prank.

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 07:41 AM
link   
I say it's the moon for sure. What the other object is who knows? But definitely the moon. I don't think this one is hoaxed.

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 07:42 AM
link   
reply to post by billyjoinedat2k8

well... come on, really...... these people would be really in trouble if it was a real inavasion or a real close encounter !!

why on earth they were screaming and carrying on like that i really dont know !!.

to be honest i agree with the peeps who have commented on the youtube page.

snoopyuk

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 07:42 AM
link   
reply to post by tarifa37

Sorry about my spelling on my last post,I should have checked it first.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join