It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Object filmed moving near the moon 19/08/08 multiple witnesses

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 10:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Roland Deschain

The video is the evidence. If you watch the video and take the images into a photo editor, you can see the extra light around the "moon".

see below

As far as why would kids try to put one over on the internet comunity, hey they are kids. They like to see people debating their video, it makes them feel important, all the while having a little lagh at the poeple who think it real.

[edit on 8/20/2008 by AlienCarnage]

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 10:10 PM
link   
It looked like car headlights or something similar on a nearby hill/mountain. Not that that's what it was. See? Just because something looks like something else, that doesn't mean that's what it is.

I don't know what it is, other than a novelty, a curiosity.

The end, I guess. Unless anybody has any other information than just the video. No? Nobody? None of us really knows, and we're all just guessing. Figures.

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 10:43 PM
link   
How can you say the reactions in the background are genuine? Sounds like a bunch of kids screaming "E.T. phone home" to me.

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 10:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by tarifa37
reply to post by ngchunter

I hear what you are saying,what got my attention is they seem to be out in the sticks and the light does move, we know this because the moon is in the same shot.So that begs the question, what is that bright light in the sky that is moving? and that also has got alot of people on the ground very excited.

I've seen people get excited about plane lights at public star parties too, that in and of itself means nothing. As one person suggested it could be a parachute flare, that would be consistent with the slowly downward drifting motion and if it's swaying in the wind it might also explain the flickering. I'm sorry, but lights in the sky don't easily impress me unless they're doing something not fitting a more mundane explanation. I will say that the second video has a more reasonable moon color, consistent with a rising moon going from copper to white over a period of time. It also means that the object(s) are low on the horizon as well; this probably means that they're relatively low altitude and relatively local to the observer. I just wish everyone would get into the habit of carrying a pair of binoculars with them at all times so that things like this could be resolved at least some of the time. I never leave home without mine.

[edit on 20-8-2008 by ngchunter]

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 10:47 PM
link   
why are certain people seemingly oblivous to part two of the video that clearly shows 2 objects near the moon?

the planet theory is feesible even with 2 objects, one planet and its moon.
however a quick search shows our nearest planets moons are unlikely to be seen with the naked eye or a video camera filming from the surface of earth.

first of all venus has no moons.
www.astronomycafe.net...

mars has 2 moons but they are very small in comparsion to ours and are simply lumps of rock, very unlikely to be seen from that distance.
csep10.phys.utk.edu...

but even if we assume it is another planet, lets say jupiter due to its share size, would it beable to move that distance in the night sky within 4 mintues? and down instead of across?

im not sure of the answer, but the planet theory is the only credible explaination thus far but dos'nt match imo. all the other explainations are clutching at straws to explain it away. it's to easy to make something up rather than find the actual answer.

here we go look i'll prove it, it was earth satilites, or maybe a astroid passing by with a smaller chunk of rock orbiting, or it could of been chinese lanterns, or what ever else you can make up without knowing.

or of course it could be a prank by kids like said before. but that can be said about anything. if it can be proven a prank fair enough, but untill then that explaination is nothing more than dismissing out of hand.

imo, this video warrents more attention to find the actual answer rather than guessing, at least to rule in or out the planet possibility.

i did a search and cannot find anything that gives answers to how fast planets move across the night sky and possible directions. can anybody else find anything?

edit: typo's

[edit on 20-8-2008 by lifeform]

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 10:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Spiker
How can you say the reactions in the background are genuine? Sounds like a bunch of kids screaming "E.T. phone home" to me.

You just answered your own question.

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 11:04 PM
link   
Ok here is an enhanced picture from the second, "ignored" video. Notice the extra light around the moon and the other objects.

I have never seen this in any photo's I myself have taken of the moon. If anyone can prove me wrong, please post your evidence, otherwise I am going to have to go with my conclusion that what we are looking at is not the moon.

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 11:10 PM
link   
Looks to be an authentic ufo to me. That is: "unidentified". Its not a planet. Planets do not just fade out or move like that object.. the object was blinking like a star..but again, stars do not just fade away. I don't think we'll ever know unless someone esle has a better, closer, pic of this thing.

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 11:17 PM
link   
Like someone said, how would you know this is the moon we're observing?

All we know, this could just be another fake.

Sigh.

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 11:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by AlienCarnage
Notice the extra light around the moon and the other objects.

Assuming it is indeed the moon:

Accountable by upper atmosphere ice crystals (yes, even in Florida). But in that case the light source in question would be extremely high or outside the atmosphere. No determination of what it might be.

Accountable by thin (not visible by moonlight) clouds in which case the object wouldn't have to be terribly high, just higher than said clouds. Still, no determination of what it might be.

Also accountable as digital artifacting as a result of the zoom. In which case there is no new information at all.

[edit on 20-8-2008 by Phage]

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 11:26 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 12:13 AM
link   
Heres a clip of the moon i took a while back when it was a very rusty colour.. unusual to see

s292.photobucket.com...

[edit on 21-8-2008 by CosmicTraveler]

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 12:17 AM
link   
Here is a picture of the real moon, judge this verses the others I posted from the video of the supposed moon. The difference is obvious.

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 12:26 AM
link   
I've seen the mood looking red at one point. People can say whatever the f**k they want really...this video right here, more so than many others, is one of D best videos of an alleged UFO...or rather, a UFO siting.

As for the kids reactions...they are very typical and seem quite genuine. I'm 200% certain most teens would react in the very same way, especially if you're not one to believe in UFOs.

This site is beginning to become more of a joke than anything these days. No one can bring anything to the table without having to be rediculed, despite how strong their claim and material to support it may be. I even read someone say it was a planet. LOL, c'mon, the Chinese Lantern thing was a reasonable assumption and guess, but a planet? Planets don't move like that, nor do they disappear. Then, we have the dude who watched the video, saw the date it was posted on youtube, and somehow(I don't know how) came to the conclusion that the date it was posted is the same day it was filmed, and gathered that it was impossible to see the moon on that day, from that area. LOL, these are the people that make up ATS?

I do not mind if someone questions this...that's the first thing that should be done, but in denying ignorance, one cannot do that by jumping to baseless conclusions and spouting things that are filled with ignorance.

What happened to this site?

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 12:44 AM
link   
reply to post by AlienCarnage

Oh yes, that certainly is irrefutable evidence that they hoaxed this event

Actually, im kidding as that proves nothing at all.
This was no hoax by them.
Now is there a possibility that the lights were aircraft or something else? thats more believable than saying they hoaxed this thing.

What the lights were, I have no idea but i believe 100% that the moon is not a fabrication, someone already posted a side by side comparison of the moon in the video to a moon that the poster superimposed next to the screen capped moon and the shadows and other spots on the moon pretty much matched up.
lol, some people are now grasping at straws to try and prove the video was intentionally faked.

Just give it up aliencarnage, there is no "extra" light that shouldnt be there, around that moon

btw, ive seen the moon look like this several times here in S. Tx
I saw it rise up across the bay one night, it was bright orange and gave the appearance that it was the size of a pumpkin, in fact thats what it looked like until it got higher in the sky.
Anyone that hasnt seen the moon turn reddish/orange colors in the past, dont look at the moon to often.

[edit on 8/21/2008 by Kr0n0s]

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 12:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jubjub
Ok, I tracked the video, sped it all up 50x and added a couple of frames on top of each other and came up with this --->

filupload.dk... (Type in the security code shown on the left and click the download-tag)

The video is small in size (also the filesize ~ 120kb) but it demonstrates clearly (at least to me) that it probably is just a flare of some kind.

[edit on 20-8-2008 by Jubjub]

** BUMP **

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 01:41 AM
link   
It seems to be moving from the top-down. It also seems to be moving extremely slowly which might one of the brighter planets like venus or jupiter. At least that's my first impression. Notice that the moon is red, but so is the object. That tells me that it's a planet, but the disappearing act is a little harder to explain. It doesn't seem to be cloudy either, which doesn't mean a cloud couldn't have blocked out the planet and not part of the moon. But it does make you scratch your head.

I saw a couple dozen of similar objects with a bunch of family members back in 1995. They also looked like moving satellites, only they were moving, changing trajectory, appearing and disappearing, all right above our heads..

A satellite could also be another explanation, however, and the disappearing act is easily explained if it really was. Satellites are sometimes illuminated from the opposite direction or from the side and even though it is completely dark, the sunlight can still be reaching the satellite high up in orbit and be reflected back down to the observer. This can sometimes make the satellite look extremely bright right before disappearing just depending on the reflectivity of the satellite and the angles of the light off of the satellite itself.

I guess a geostationary satellite could give the illusion that it is actually moving when it is really the moon moving. But the moon only travels through the sky at a pace of about its own diameter per hour and that wouldn't explain the distance the object travels in the short 5 minutes of the video clip. So, IMO, it isn't a geostationary satellite. Most normal satellites seem to move much faster than what I'm seeing in the video also, although they usually appear to move slower on the horizon (just as an aircraft does) even though the speed/velocity of the object never changes.

The fact that the moon is red simply means that it could be on the horizon, but this isn't pointed out in the clip so I'm not sure. The fact that the moving object is also red would tell me that both objects are being filtered through the same layers of earth's atmosphere, giving both objects the reddish-orange tinge. This would mean that both objects would have to be in space, but that doesn't really make any sense unless it was some kind of satellite or something like the ISS. But even the ISS is obviously not going to seem to disappear unless there is some kind of phycial obstruction blocking it out like smoke or a cloud.

The idea of rocket lifting off and shutting off its main engines also came to mind but, then, the object would not move downward. It could also be some kind of second or third stage of a rocket in flight..But I'm pretty confused about the location of the moon in the sky during the 5 minute clip since it would depend on location and the time it was filmed (which I don't have). In other words, is the object really moving down towards the horizon or is it simply moving across the sky right above them? Very difficult to tell.. But Im just assuming it was on the horizon at this point.

I know that when we get forest fires up here in Alaska, the moon is reddish color at night (almost exactly like this). That would help explain the reddish hue but really nothing else..

If we had time and location, I could recreate what they saw with astronomy software and definitively determine whether or not it is a planet or the ISS. But it would be almost impossible to figure out if it was a satellite or not since, obviously, many of them are classified.

-ChriS

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 01:59 AM
link   
oh those sceptics.... i think you missed my confirmation of UFOs during lunar eclipse, i posted link to 3 vids i made somewhere on page 3 i think. i psersonaly have no doubt that this is real cause i saw something similar with my own eyes.

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 02:34 AM
link   
Hello, I saw something strange flying around the moon here in Ohio, on the same night. It looked like a single whitish-yellow dot and judging by how far away it may have been, it had to be going ridiculously quick. It moved all over the place darting back and forth. Some sort of helicopter flew over my house. This was at about 1:30am. I first noticed the object around 11:30pm. I'm pretty much in the middle of nowhere. So anyways, I don't know whether the helicopter was a coincidence or not, but I did see something strange.

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 03:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kr0n0s
I didnt see anyone post the part 2 of the video. This one has 2 objects this time.
This doesnt seem to be a hoax to me, Ive also seen Jupiter and Saturn near the moon many times and Ive never personally seen them that "large" compared to the moon or move that quickly around the moon.

Thanks for posting the secon video,it makes it even more interesting and harder to debunk.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join