It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Violent encounter with an alien being

page: 60
<< 57  58  59    61  62  63 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 07:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Dan Tanna

It is unfortunate Dan I will grant you. Scepticism is one thing, its healthy and should be expected. I am skeptical about this. Some of the posts I have read here are outright abusive and just plain rude. I do apologize for the ATS community for those comments.

As one member that is on the fence however, I am just not sure. I think I read just about every UFO thread on ATS when they pop up. I typically don't respond because usually my comments would be inappropriate on the matter.

As a member in good standing, one that has been here for a while you should understand that extraordinary claims require extraordinary proof. A photograph of the actual weapon you used in the fight would be appreciated. (if I missed it along the way I apologize)

The UFO you describe is quite common, the triangle shaped craft has been described many many times just as you have, in this respect I do believe this part of the story.

however I have genuine questions concerning your account.

We woke in the morning like nothing had happened, got up, and it was only as I stood on one of my knives on the floor did it sink in. Its blade was snapped clean off, and was no where to be seen.

He was awake, holding the handle of his folding locking knife.

Do you have the rest of the knife now? can you upload a picture of the damaged weapon?

The description of your wounds also has me confused. In an encounter as you described. You described your combatant as well built however your wounds are quite superficial. They are mere scratches, in an altercation where someones life would be on the line, I would imagine the wounds being much more substantial.

In an altercation as you described, especially when life and limb is on the line any creature, man or otherwise would fight tooth and nail and your wounds would have been much much more severe. This is one of the discrepancies that I have to question about your account. The photographic evidence you have provided just is not consistent with a confrontation with someone that is fighting for their own life.

[edit on 7/9/2008 by whatukno]

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 07:41 AM
link   
reply to post by BS_Slayer

Thanks for a great post BS_slayer!
You know what, you ring a bell in one of your last lines. I've been thinking the same thing. ATS is probably behind it to gain traffic on the site. Not only the believers, but allso the bunkers. This thread is 10 times more far out than JL's threads. They even banned this other guy last night for pointing the obvious out ..

This site will probably only end up with people that agrees with each other. No discussions, only lies..

Edit add: Anyone ever managed to break a knife on other things than a rock or metall ?

[edit on 9-7-2008 by tep200377]

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 09:59 AM
link   
reply to post by whatukno

Great points you bring up i would be more inclined to believe any of this if there was just that tad more evidence.

There have been a lot of good questions asked by numerous skeptics that just remain unanswered and by choosing to remain in the safety of the rats it doesn't give you much credit.

Finish what you have started or ask the mods to close the thread or else this will continue to go no where.

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 11:11 AM
link   

too bad thats not everyone being a "healthy skeptic" if you read some of the posts.. some of them are pretty ignorant.. and I mean ignorant because some will make a comment on the violence when he put several warnings up.. or find a "logic" problem with his alien encounter... I ask this... what exactly about any alien encounter/visitation would strike anyone as normal?

The problem with the story are not the fact that he brutally attacked an alien. I don't know Dan, so I have no idea how he would react in a situation like that. Let me point out my issues one by one, trying to break this down. And note that while I am baffled that someone would have knives and even axes in the same room as your baby, I won't even question that. Some people do have knives and swords in their home, and by their bed.

1. How was the room lit? A shadow "flitted" across the corner of the room. Then after minutes... a golden figure steps towards the bed. Why couldn't he seem him before that? Where did he step from? Why was he only suddenly visible after a few minutes? Obviously he was indicating it was already in the room, by virtue of the shadows, it did not just magically appear by the bedside. Was there some weird lighting in this room that only illuminated the bed itself, and not the corners of their room? I don't think I could replicate that lighting situation if I tried. He saw it clearly enough to draw a picture, catch a knife in midair, and grapple without a problem. So problem one for me is: The lighting and approach makes no sense. This is not a perception issue, the way he wrote it makes no sense.

2. No indication of their child. He said: "We rolled off the bed", and "The broken knife is another blade that was used before it tried to wrestle me and we rolled off the bed." Ok.. what size bed does he have? Gargantuan? There was a wife, a child, which gets no more mention after the first indication that he is in bed with them, Dan, and a 6 foot alien, wrestling on the bed. The size of the bed, that he "pulled him down," the non-mention of the wife and child, are all very suspicous to me. What side of the bed was the creature on? He acted like it was the far side, where his wife was, since it was reaching out to touch them. But he pulled it down. So was it right by him? He didn't say that it was. But nowhere in this story does he mention what the child did, if he was tramautized by the entire thing, safe, was under them as they wrestled, nothing. It's as if he added the child for dramatic effect, and then forgot about him for the rest of the story. Same with the wife really. Just seems like she was there for effect. If someone pulled a 6 foot alien into your bed, and you wake up, what did she do.. just sat there? Reality check: If you were a mom in bed with your kid, what would be the first thing you would do in this situation? Just watch your husband and toss him a knife when asked, or huddle around your child, or try to escape with him? Their reactions (or lack thereof), just don't ring true.

3. Fight scene. Several problems with this as well. He says at one point, "but it took maybe another thirty blows to the back and head.." This was after the few blows in the bed, and his wife tossed him a knife. Later, he said "It took more than 100 solid shots to the face, neck, chest and back.. not counting the severe wounds to its head." 30 isn't over 100. Inconsistancies in a story imo, make it a lie. Unless he really can't tell the difference between 30 and over 100.

[edit on 9-7-2008 by fleabit]

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 11:12 AM
link   
Next, he embedded a knife "deep" in his shoulder. It was stuck so deep, he went for his axe instead. Yet, the creature rolled onto his back. How? There is I would guess a bit of blade and the handle of a knife protruding from it's shoulder. Unless he strike it very oddly, and it was sticking straight up instead of out his shoulder blade, which is what I gathered from where he was striking him (back, neck, as it was on its front).

Dan said "here the being knew it was dead. i was I admit in a murderous rage by this point, and it knew it." Why would he say this? How in the world would Dan know the creature was thinking this? He has fish eyes for one. I don't know about you, but I can't tell what a fish is thinking by how it looks. In fact, one of his eyes had "exploded." So why did he say this? It's almost, like several points of the story, like it was added for dramatic effect. Why do that? Unless of course, it's just a story, made to impress. That's the sort of comment that again, doesn't make sense, unless it's just a dramatic flair.

The creature tried to "reach the doorway." Again, makes little sense to me. I doubt it came in through the door, why would it try to escape through a door? Another little comment that would make sense if it were a person, but doesn't make much sense if it's an alien. A comment added for effect more than anything.

4. Dramatic flair, and inconsistencies: "It opend both palms, held its hands open palm up, and then just started to wobble and fade in and out..." Another comment that is made for effect. I write, and one thing you do as a writer (I write fantasy), is sometimes use a physical motion to give credence to a magical or otherwordly action. To me at least, this was just a way to spice up or give dramatic effect to the wobbling out. That's something I'd write in a book. In fact, I've read that very specific effect (holding palms up or outwards) in fantasy books more than once. One more attempt to try and give the story dramatic flair, and try to make it more believable. He does that several times in the story. And I call it a story, because that is how it is written—as if he was writing a story, not telling an experience.

Dan said: "This thing took it and more... it really was going to get an axe embedded in its head had it not decided to electrocute me." That isn't consistant with his story. He didn't get an axe because he was wobbling out. He didn't electrocute him, he only received a shock when he jumped on him.

The number of blows is another inconsistancy. If Dan was being questioned by the police for a crime, and his story was as inconsistant as this one, he'd be doing 20 to life. He went from giving it around 35 blows I guess (the ones over the bed, and then the 30 after tossed a knife), to "over 100." It's like a fish story really (no pun intended), the 35 blows turning into over 100, as Dan progressed in his post.

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 11:12 AM
link   
Other issues I have include: Conveniently also got a picture of a UFO, an event alone that is exceptionally rare. Was this even posted on the boards prior? If he was a member here, I'd think if he himself got pictures of a UFO, he'd have posted them instantly, not posted them as an afterthought.. "oh yea, I did get some ufo photos, here you go!" The cleanup was far to convenient, a great way to not produce evidence. The marks he has is not even remotely close to what I would expect from someone who had such a violent encounter. The wife drawing scribbles the next day is another method to try to give credence and weight to this story (as was the ufo pictures). That we got a much more detailed story about exactly how he butchered up this alien, and how his prowess with fighting is what saved them (he said "My blades are always kept razor sharp, and I know how to use them to really hasten some ones demise."). His wifes calm comment the next day is not in line with what I would think anyone would say after such a violent, terrifying encounter, no mention of the child the next day... really, I could go on and on about all the issues I have with this.

And that's not even an in-depth study of this. I imagine if anyone wanted to take a fine-tooth comb to this, they could find many more issues and problems with the story. Every part of the story from start to finish has issues, the way he told it is more consistant with someone telling a tale, not explaining an experience. The lack of concern about what most folks would really be worried with, instead focusing on the gory details of the fight, also rings lots of bells. This story has more embellishments, holes, logic issues, and bragging than you can shake a stick at. And people are wondering why folks are skeptical? Just read over his entire first post again in detail, and decide for yourself.

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 11:40 AM
link   
reply to post by fleabit

As someone in RATS said, it sounds like an ego-driven tale, not a true account of a terrifying event.

One of the most important 'tells' is the lack of vocalizations when the creature was allegedly spotted. No yelling, no shouting to look out, no 'what the heck is that!'.

In fact, if you think about it, most people would have underplayed the violent attack, at least at first.

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by tep200377
reply to post by BS_Slayer

Edit add: Anyone ever managed to break a knife on other things than a rock or metall ?

Yes, murders performed by knife wielding attackers break knives off in there victims quite often.

Which would tell all, this fishman was not semi solid, but solid enough to hold a blade in its body after being stabbed and breaking the blade off.

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dan Tanna
Thanks but I am no pro artist... but thank you for the compliment.

Heres another one I drew.

Had to edit because it was too large for ATS.
It explains what i think those slits on the face were instead of a nose.

[edit on 6-7-2008 by Dan Tanna]

You got into a fight with a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle? FAIL

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 12:08 PM
link   
You know what else is odd about that initial drawing?

Most people who see strange creatures will tend to draw it as their mind's eye first caught sight of it.

If you re-read the initial account, the first glimpse had to be a side or 3/4 view.

So why draw a full on facing view?

To me this signifies that the drawing wasn't done from the 'mind's eye' and is more likely a fabrication.

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 01:40 PM
link   

He did upload a picture and he has explained everything by now, he has answered just about any question people keep asking over and over, ofcourse no one wants to read such a long topic, I don't blame them. But it's only this long because of lazy people that jump straight from the front page to the back page. Besides Dan Tanna isn't gonna entertain us anymore, I'm sure he is annoyed on all fronts.

[edit on 9-7-2008 by Sheeper]

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 01:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Sheeper

He has only himself to blame for his own annoyance, attempting to fabricate a story like this for people to believe.

Meh, good entertainment. I'm surprised this thread isn't locked and labeled as [HOAX] yet.

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 01:53 PM
link   
reply to post by DocEmrick

There is a better chance then not that you are right, but that doesn't actually make your right, just probably right. Every topic on this site could fall under that category of probably wrong. I'm sorry but I just find it annoying when people speak matter of factly.

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 01:59 PM
link   
A photograph of the broken weapon, excellent, why didn't someone think of that before? Either he has to put his pride and joy in a vice, then hammer it in half just to prove this thread is real, or possibly there might be a shred of truth in this whole saga. Thats a win win i think.

Of course there's always the larger possibility that he broke the knife in some other mundane way, like sticking it into a tree and trying to do pull-ups from it just like his badass special forces heroes do.

[edit on 9-7-2008 by unnamedninja]

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 02:32 PM
link   
reply to post by unnamedninja

OMG I just said not 4 posts ago that he allready put up a pic of that. Ofcourse it may or not be the real deal as the pic is still unconclusive as he could of taken out the blade himself, but still why don't you people scan through the damn topic.

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 02:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Sheeper

Right this pic, I went through and found it, what we have here is a knife handle, no knife. Where is the knife? Aparently inside the fishman, however there would be a shard as the knife broke off.

No shard is here, it's as if the knife blade was removed from the handle. Hmm currious.

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by unnamedninja

A photograph of the knife has been posted, and it clearly shows no damage or sign of being broken. The blade has been removed by disassembling the knife, imo.

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 02:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Badge01

Yes that pic hurts his case more than any, how did the knife slip out without bending the bracket holding it in place? If the bracket somehow came lose and let it slip out, then show us the lose bracket.

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 02:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Ksavoy30

Oh man! I agree with the creative writing section idea but seriously this was so brilliant! hahaheee!
the begginning was so dramatic... I can't, bwahahaa...my freinds are trying to watch a movie got to get a hold of myself.
I wish I could ask for more like that but you can't reproduce this whole thing. In my view this was a gem.

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 02:44 PM
link   

whatuknow?

Who said a knife has to break into peices to come out, if you've owned knifes you could see how a knife could come out in whole if the bracket is dislodged from its holding area, a knife could slip out entirely if you bend the knife while it's in something.

new topics

top topics

<< 57  58  59    61  62  63 >>

join