It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Violent encounter with an alien being

page: 61
<< 58  59  60    62  63  64 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 02:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Badge01

Is this knife called "the good news" on the market, or is that just something he calls it?

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 03:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Sheeple

Oh I see, I guess I must be a complete idiot and must be mocked because I failed to grasp the complete complexities of steel as it pertains to the missing knife blade in this case. Gotcha... :shk:

No nevermind that there is no bending to the case itself, heck no, no questioning why the housing isnt misshapen, I get riddiculed and my username spelled wrong because of my incomplete knowledge of the inner workings of a steel blade.

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by whatukno

See you still fail to read posts, I did question why there was no bending and why the bracket isn't lose......I did, just there, look....seeeee!

Sorry I spelled your name wrong. Whatukno, I'm sorry for my reaction towards you, it's just something about your attitude and username, it's so cocky and pretentious, it's not just this topic, I lurk in a lot of topics and usually you act like you have all the answers and what we know is absolute **** compared to what you know. Again, sorry, it is a completely irrational reaction on my part.

[edit on 9-7-2008 by Sheeper]

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by tep200377
reply to post by Badge01

Is this knife called "the good news" on the market, or is that just something he calls it?

I believe Mr T said the folder was a CRKT lockblade. Without a model number I could only guess on which one he has.

AFAIK, he named the knife himself, and it's not known by that name. The other knife he claims was 'beamed' out still stuck in the creature was a fixed blade. You'd have to go back to the first post to see if that's the one he's referring to by that name.

Why, are you going to go buy one?

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 03:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Badge01

The poster said it was a hiattsu or good news, lodged in fishmans back and he wanted to fight fishman for the knife back. The crkt was the original lock blade used in the defensive action which broke off some where on the fishmans person.

Edit my confusion:

I looked on the CRKT site and the actual spelling of the hiattsu is HISSATSU CRKT as a backup weapon for close-quarters combat.

At the bottom of th blades description is this (The Hissatsu is intended for use only by trained law enforcement and military tactical team professionals. Enormous power in a light, flat package makes for easy carry with many options for placement on tactical gear).

This is what was stuck in fishmans back, was the lock blade the blade that took out fishmans eye, throat and face.

[edit on 9-7-2008 by Peepers]

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 04:14 PM
link   
I find it really strange the so called "aliens" would go to the trouble of cleaning up the mess, putting everything back where it was to make it seem like nothing happened yet not bother to put the knife back to it's original state, you'd think if they wanted it all perfect they would include the knife in the clean up operation would you not ?

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 04:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Peepers

You are correct...the knife allegedly lost "embedded" in the "alien's" back, was the CRKT fighting knife. The allegedly "broken" lockblade is not identified other than being a "CQB" knife, I think, it's kinda' muddled.....presumably a "close quarters battle" knife. (Who uses a lockblade in close quarters?)

Refer back to the photo of the "broken knife"....it has been generally abused. Plus, it includes a "scaling" blade....fish scales that is. (Who uses a lockblade that includes a "scaling" tool for close quarters battle?) The second blade has been abused....notice the bend in the blade. Plus, and most importantly......why is the entire backing plate of the knife missing? You can clearly see the fingers of the hand between the side plates.

I think the knife had been disassembled some time in the past.

[edit on 9-7-2008 by MrPenny]

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 04:59 PM
link   
I have to wonder if some person showed up at the local hospital with a knife wound or two. I guess a crook would make up a story instead of confessing to a house break in.

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 05:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Sheeper

Well as pathetic and uneventful as my life is, even I dont have time to scan 60 page topics for every post before I make a post myself.

The picture is nice resolution, can see it very clearly, the aliens did a nice job of cleaning the gunk off his broken knife handle. Puzzling why they bothered cleaning it and left it behind though, would've thought they'd just take it.

Edit: But yeah, picture of a broken lock knife, I went through a bunch of those when I was a kid, they do break easy. I was under the impression that his pride and joy CQC knife was the broken knife though.

[edit on 9-7-2008 by unnamedninja]

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 05:08 PM
link   
reply to post by MrPenny

The CQB is Close Quarter Battle training with a knife. The image we see does not have the look of a weapon used in a CQB. The blade body looks as if it was indeed taken apart rather than broken in a CQB.

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Peepers
reply to post by MrPenny

The CQB is Close Quarter Battle training with a knife. The image we see does not have the look of a weapon used in a CQB. The blade body looks as if it was indeed taken apart rather than broken in a CQB.

Yeah CQC blades are full tang precisely so they don't snap under stress.

Additionally lock knifes are some of the most dangerous "feeling" knives I have ever used, especially when they get some wear and tear and start unlocking rather easily. I'm pretty sure that if someone bothered to gather statistics on "survival knife" accidents, lock knifes would be the main offenders, closely followed by any generic knife with a blunt blade. Imo using a lock knife for combat is pure folly, but I'm not hardcore about this subject so this is just my 2c.

[edit on 9-7-2008 by unnamedninja]

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by roadgravel
I have to wonder if some person showed up at the local hospital with a knife wound or two. I guess a crook would make up a story instead of confessing to a house break in.

How would you react if a person came in with an eye hanging out, his throat torn to shreds, suffering up to 100 cuts and bruises about the head, with a knife blade broke off in his shoulder and said, "I fell?"

My first response would be, "You look more like the last surviving member of a gang fight."

I did give this serious thought earlier in this thread, but had to dismiss it when I realized there should be evidence of the fray the following morning.

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by unnamedninja

Originally posted by Peepers
reply to post by MrPenny

Yeah CQC blades are full tang precisely so they don't snap under stress.

Absolutely. What CQB combatant wants a defective blade performing in life or death action. This stuff sells for big bucks and not el cheapo to acquire. These tactical blades are custom designed by guys who do the job and have there life depend on this blade and there training.

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 05:24 PM
link   
Well here is a question I could not find early in the thread.

why is this man sleeping with knives in his bed? Now I dont suppose he told the alien to hang on a bit while he went to get it?

apologies if this was brought up earlier.

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 05:31 PM
link   
Also, I am wondering whether the story is true except for the alien part ... and this is an elaborate defense?

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 05:32 PM
link   
reply to post by garyo1954

I was thinking along the lines that that altercation was not to the extent described. The largeness of it was his mind magnifying that event. This would explain the not trashed room.

I think my thoughts are more likely not the reality but more real than an alien fight.

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 05:47 PM
link   
reply to post by roadgravel

Nah.....here in Missouri we refer to someone like Dan Tanna as a "drugstore cowboy", "concrete cowboy"....whatever. The idea being that they project an image that is so far from the reality that they don't even realize how unreal their behavior is.

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 05:53 PM
link   
reply to post by MrPenny

You're most likely correct.

Guess that is akin to our saying down here of 'All hat and no cattle'.

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 07:16 PM
link   
MrPenny says: "Nah.....here in Missouri we refer to someone like Dan Tanna as a "drugstore cowboy", "concrete cowboy"....whatever. The idea being that they project an image that is so far from the reality that they don't even realize how unreal their behavior is."

You sir, iterated that perfectly. A part of me wants to feel sorry for the guy, but then I think of all the people sticking their necks out to defend him as well as the guy that got his account banned, and I just get mad again. Not to mention the fact that no moderater has done away with this hoax yet, and it puzzles me considering that not only can any reasonably rational individual see that its crap, but that the ban occured over it. I think the more fair thing to do would have been to remove the thread, or keep it in RATS where it belongs. Instead, a skeptic (of this thread) got his account banned for mocking it and the moderators got to keep the net traffic. This was the last place I ever thought something would be handled that way.

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by roadgravel
reply to post by garyo1954

I was thinking along the lines that that altercation was not to the extent described. The largeness of it was his mind magnifying that event. This would explain the not trashed room.

I think my thoughts are more likely not the reality but more real than an alien fight.

I was busy for bit, but I will take a moment to agree with the both of you.
If there were any confrontation, the possibility exists that it was embellished by the OP.

This was one reason I asked the age of the OP so many pages ago. Many war vets have recurring nightmares in which their lives and the lives of those around them are threatened and defense is solely in their hands.

The issue is moot since I have just explained why it was asked. There were several good questions raised that would help in validating an occurrence did occur.

[edit on 7/9/2008 by garyo1954]

top topics

<< 58  59  60    62  63  64 >>

join