It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Violent encounter with an alien being

page: 57
<< 54  55  56    58  59  60 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 01:52 PM
link   
reply to post by QuantumReality

No I am not trigger happy. After living and doing business on this earth for 61 years I've seen too much to not be prepared to protect myself.

If I were trigger happy I would already be in prison.

Shooting is a sport I very much enjoy. It is also an excellent stress reliever.

I'm 5' tall and 130 pounds. I travel alone allot. There is no way I can protect myself from an attack with my bare hands. That's why I always have Mr. Smith and Mr. Wesson by my side. My equalizer has saved my life and the lives of others on more than one occasion.

By the way, gun sales have escalated in the past year. My son, a gun dealer, has to reorder guns almost daily. You would be very surprised at the number of women in the USA that have a handy dandy killing machine in the dainty little purses.

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Element-115

Sharing your opinion and taking the opposite stance is one thing but you are being disruptive and offensive. If you think your innocent, that is your problem, not the mods. There is a very good chance this story is false, but let the mods determine where it needs to be and all opposing views should stay civil.

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 02:04 PM
link   
you know i have been coming to this site for a long time i only recently registered but i have been reading here since this site was created and long before there was this site i know it is neccisary to have skeptics but im not sure so many are neccisary some of you skeptics sure seem to have alot invested in nobody reading alot of topics it seems like it is your day job to disscourage people from being able to read and enjoy a post

some of you almost seem to be some type of thought control police

thanks for telling us your encounter i believe you were protecting your family and alot of people sure liked hearing that we gave them a little what for

for intelligent beings from other planets they sure dont have a clue about how to treat humans they have no respect for us our property our familys

and skeptics say your bit and please give it a rest remember your on ats deny ignorance what that means is you dont have to debunk every story it actually mean deny ignorance by reading the stuff on here and thinking outside the box being entertained and hopefully learning something in the process everything isnt black and white it isnt allways right or wrong

s@it happens sometimes for no reason at all

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 02:07 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 02:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Dan Tanna

Originally posted by Dan Tanna
- Hence it went into RATS. Its in RATS and I regret sharing it out here.

Hi, Dan. I, for one, appreciate you sharing your experience here, as I can obviously not afford the points for RATS ... yet.

I only intended to glance at this thread, but when I saw you were the OP, I was intrigued. I have read every page, so far. From your previous posts, I would never have expected this. Very interesting.

I can only imagine what you went through mentally after such an event, and I think I can understand why you were open about your own violent behavior so I feel the chastisement you have received about that violence is a bit unfair. You are trying to be honest and it should be appreciated. After all, Monday Morning Quarterbacking is so easy and hindsight is a wonderful thing. However, during the event you only have split second choices available.

Question: I am sure you were busy at the time,
, but in retrospect, is there any chance at all that there may have been benevolence in mind? For example, any chance he was there to heal someone, or the like? Obviously you didn't have time to notice in the duration, so I am not judging by any means, simply curious. As some have mentioned previously, no one was injured, that we are aware of, during the secondary clean up episode, though it would certainly have been possible, perhaps suggesting a more benevolent intent.

Or perhaps he came to wipe the woods episode from your mind?

I am trying to catch up. I am only on page 32 and there are now over 50. Amazing.

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by BO XIAN
reply to post by Peepers

I still have a bad feeling on the whole thing. Especially if he used his fist for numerous blows to the head. they should be red and swollen as well as sore to use

Seems to me . . . that would depend overwhelmingly on the consistency, density of the fisman's skull as well as the thickness of soft tissue between the skin and the bone or cartlidge.

Try punching on a fish. If the fishmans density was/is of a real world physical fish, it would splatter when punched into. If fishmans skull was anything but solid, fishman would have folded up to a crumple on the floor from solid body mass action to body mass not solid reaction.

I do not have enough information to label this a hoax or fraud yet. The reason being is this, a week or so ago, my son was sleeping with his family in corporate housing provided by a new high paying employer who hired both him and the wife.

My sons daughter, who is 5, woke up, looked over to her dad who was sleeping and began screaming, than crying. She told everyone that a dark shadow was standing over the side of the bed her dad was sleeping on, it looked down on her dad and was touching his lips.

The thing vanished only to reappear across the room and was touching her brothers hair as it looked back at them in bed before it vanished for good.

The kid was inconsolable and refused to go back to sleep. The next day they had the kids at grandmas house and the daughter refused to go back to the housing facility. Something happened and it was not a dream.

I told my son about this thread and he went wow. He also had an encounter with a shadow being when he was a kid.

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 02:35 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 02:35 PM
link   
i think i know how Dan felt while this was going on. i'm not claiming to have been in a fight with an alien, but i will say i at least dreamt of it. maybe it was real, maybe not. it feels like a dream memory so i'll say it's that. mine was a grey. the first few dreams i just struggled and lost consciousness. after a while i started getting angry. in the last dream i had there was one on my kitchen so i walked up to and started shouting louder and with more anger than i've ever felt before. i wanted to tear this thing to shreds. told him basically to get the F out of my house and leave me the F alone - in not so nice words. i've had no dreams since then.

some of you question what you would do in Dan's situation. i'm by no means the violent type. i've never been in a fight. never a serious argument. but in my dream (which seemed very real to me at the time) i was ready to kill this thing. that's before i was married and a father. if i saw one messing with my family, based on my previous actions, would probably show no mercy and kill it or die trying.

on the other hand, i've had a real waking experience of something whispering my name in the middle of the night. at the time i was so scared i just lay there and pretended to be asleep. i sort of wish i had responded. if that happened again, i probably would.

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Peepers
I do not have enough information to label this a hoax or fraud yet. The reason being is this, a week or so ago, my son was sleeping with his family in corporate housing provided by a new high paying employer who hired both him and the wife.

My sons daughter, who is 5, woke up, looked over to her dad who was sleeping and began screaming, than crying. She told everyone that a dark shadow was standing over the side of the bed her dad was sleeping on, it looked down on her dad and was touching his lips.

The thing vanished only to reappear across the room and was touching her brothers hair as it looked back at them in bed before it vanished for good.

The kid was inconsolable and refused to go back to sleep. The next day they had the kids at grandmas house and the daughter refused to go back to the housing facility. Something happened and it was not a dream.

I told my son about this thread and he went wow. He also had an encounter with a shadow being when he was a kid.

That just put shivers down my spine like you wouldnt believe

Originally posted by an0maly33
on the other hand, i've had a real waking experience of something whispering my name in the middle of the night. at the time i was so scared i just lay there and pretended to be asleep. i sort of wish i had responded. if that happened again, i probably would.

Very tripped out, how many times did you hear your name called? and what was the tone like?

xul

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 02:50 PM
link   

A fishman full of marmalade.
Yep, a fishman full of marmalade.
Yep.

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 02:54 PM
link   
I have never, ever in my life seen some thing so dreadful or absolutely horrific in my life. I have never, ever in my life seen some thing so dreadful or absolutely horrific in my life. I have never, ever in my life seen some thing so dreadful or absolutely horrific in my life. I have never, ever in my life seen some thing so dreadful or absolutely horrific in my life. I have never, ever in my life seen some thing so dreadful or absolutely horrific in my life. I have never, ever in my life seen some thing so dreadful or absolutely horrific in my life. I have never, ever in my life seen some thing so dreadful or absolutely horrific in my life. I have never, ever in my life seen some thing so dreadful or absolutely horrific in my life. I have never, ever in my life seen some thing so dreadful or absolutely horrific in my life. I have never, ever in my life seen some thing so dreadful or absolutely horrific in my life. I have never, ever in my life seen some thing so dreadful or absolutely horrific in my life. I have never, ever in my life seen some thing so dreadful or absolutely horrific in my life. I have never, ever in my life seen some thing so dreadful or absolutely horrific in my life. I have never, ever in my life seen some thing so dreadful or absolutely horrific in my life. I have never, ever in my life seen some thing so dreadful or absolutely horrific in my life.

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 03:04 PM
link   
The inconsistancies in the story, the "unbelievable factor" on many points (beating something over 100 times, you know how hard that is, and how tired you would be? Even after 20 times in fact?), the convenient complete clean up, all simply mean to me, this entire story is fabricated. Now, if there was not a mixture of physical proof and lack of other evidence, maybe some sort of memory or something else might be a factor. But when he mixed a physical attack (almost seemed like he was trying to convince folks what a bad mofo he was, beating his chest, as it were), with the lack of other evidence, that possibility was removed.

So as it stands, I can't even begin to believe this. I am honestly surprised that so many people do. There is nothing there. I don't know what people are hanging on to. There is absolutely no proof other than his word.

Disinformation? No one is trying to discredit Dan. They are asking for proof and clarification on many points. That's fair, and what any actual investigator would do. You need information before you can descredit it, and there is none, other than one person's story.

If someone was defending Dan in a case in court, and they had the evidence he provided, he'd lose. How is the orginal post credible? I'd say it's one of the most incredible / unbelievable stories I've ever heard. The reaction by the OP is not believable, the facts don't add up, and all evidence conviently removed.

Finally, I don't think it's wrong for anyone to question these sorts of claims. I for one do NOT like the sort of cases where people make the study of ufos look bad. Why do you think it's so incredibly easy for the media to deflect all serious attention to ufos and alien reports? Claims just like this one, is why.

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 03:21 PM
link   
What a carry on .
A lot of violence against Fishlike aliens on this thread.
I had a near miss attempted A***** violation from a reptilian recently
It started with a tiny green reptile face in my closed eye vision, this then spun away into my mind . I then encountered lucid dreams with a figure following me up escalators , plenty of distractions then the moment I
was alerted by something, spirit guide whatever to check my backpocket wallet ,as I awoke their was something behind me trying to do something
that would make you sore where you dont want to be sore.
Anyway that was one of my negative moments with an alien being.
I must add that their have been positve moments also its not all bad.
We have a celebrity chef over here Gordon Ramsey he would of been proud of the OPS knife wielding antics.
He would of made a dish of it the next day JOKE.
Hope you all ok now.

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 03:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Belthermar

Then why did you return??? Your claim to have known Dan is a bunch of CRAP so I can only assume that you've come back to wring your outraged sense of ....what? over a story you do not support....hmmmm..... how utterly fascinating....are you taking your medication? Or does your agency health plan cover that sort of thing?

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by fleabit
So as it stands, I can't even begin to believe this. I am honestly surprised that so many people do. There is nothing there. I don't know what people are hanging on to. There is absolutely no proof other than his word.

Disinformation? No one is trying to discredit Dan. They are asking for proof and clarification on many points. That's fair, and what any actual investigator would do. You need information before you can descredit it, and there is none, other than one person's story.

apparently you have not read the thread very thoroughly because that last statement above is inaccurate....some people have asked for clarification in a reasoned and pleasant manner but others, particularly some on this very page have gone out of their way be as condescending, nasty, and offensive as possible....an "actual investigator" does not act the way some of these posters have acted on this thread....

so your statement "no one is trying to discredit Dan" is simply more of the same but from the "good cop" perspective...you've heard of that surely??
Good cop - Bad cop??.....of course you have....please take your BS somewhere else...

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by QuantumReality

Originally posted by an0maly33

Very tripped out, how many times did you hear your name called? and what was the tone like?

it sounded like myself actually. i was asleep and it kind of invaded my dream like a tv or other noise would and at first it was part of it. then it happened a few more times and i started to wake up and i heard it again when i was awake. it wasn't a long drawn out creepy whisper, just a quick whisper like someone was trying to get my attention - i actually thought it was my dad at first trying to wake me up. i never told anyone about it and a few weeks later a friend spent the night and passed out on my bed so i slept on the couch. the next morning he told me about a whisper calling out MY name. i'll say again that he didn't know what happened to me before that. he claims he saw a figure in the corner of the room but he couldn't make out any features. to this day if i whisper my name it sends chills down our spines because it's exactly like what we heard.

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Any ongoing dialogue seems somewhat pointless. Dan has stated that he regrets bringing this from RATS to ATS, isn't going to respond any further, and I don't blame him a damn bit for that.

We are at a site whose motto is DENY IGNORANCE. I think it's a good motto. Question, challenge, delve deeply into things, even though they might be fresh wounds, that's all not only acceptable, to some degree it's required. Be part of the deductive process.

There are those here like myself that believe Dan or lean toward believing. There are those that disbelieve, or lean towards not believing. That's all fine. Outside of that, there are those that have come here on this thread and said hateful things, even when those thinly-veiled questions were answered or addressed, those points are ignored. Why? I think there are those that use this place as a playground, and have to muddy the waters, just for the fun of being obtrusive and caustic. Do I think they are disinfo agents? Honestly, no I don't. I think they are children.

I don't think Dan Tanna gives a RATS ass about points. His family is in peril IMO. Why anyone would bring their story here is beyond me. I thought otherwise before, but this has been eye-opening. If something strange happens to me or I am fortunate enough to get a photo of something unexplainable, I will take it first to a body that will ask hard questions without insult and recrimination. I don't need it. Realize this: Such a story/event is either true in its entirety or it is not. There will never been evidence adequate to prove such an event. The only two reasons I can think of that a person would bring such a recounting here are:

1) Attention
2) To gain insight and share/help others

There. Now I've given some of you a nice little quip to quote and spin in your own direction. Have at it kids. School is out.

[edit for splleing]

[edit on 8-7-2008 by argentus]

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Dan,

Where abouts in inverness are you mate, cos im near hilton and i've seen weird #, and heard an almost helicopter sound above my house but there was nothing there...

could be a link, and im not particularly up for fighting an alien off considering i only have a paintball gun to defend myself with =/

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 04:31 PM
link   
reply to post by argentus

Do you mind if I quote myself once again?

This is how Dan's threads play out...

"Dan's got track record of threads like this

He posts a dodgy pic, tells a tall tale, skips over answering the difficult questions, starts ignoring posters who push him, he'll get more aggressive and then abandon the thread"

I've posted this a couple of times in this thread already. As early as maybe page 10 or so.

Does anyone see any correlation to whats happened with this thread?

THIS IS A HOAX! (imo)

There is no proof, any request for proof is ignored or belittled(why?).
As other posters have mentioned the writing and spelling "styles" of Dan and his wife are more than a little suspicious.

This is just the most rediculous, unsubstantiated cr@p ever to appear on this forum. (of which I have been reading since waaaaaaaaaaaay back in the day when it was more a collection of interesting storys and articles, my fave being the articles on the x-planes etc)

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 04:33 PM
link   
reply to post by an0maly33

I posted this in the RATS forum:

Don't get all defensive but I have to be honest and give my opinion. I don't believe it and here's why.

You say yourself the creature is "6 feet tall, well built, huge." I can't reconcile the pictures of your injuries with a creature fitting that description. Your injuries look like a little rug burn and a few superficial scratches. The creature must have been pretty weak for his size.

You may be good with the knife but I do think that if you stabbed the creature 100 times with force there would be some hand injury.

If you're not making it up, I think it could be a very vivid dream shared by your wife. That would explain why you immediately fell asleep, because you were always asleep. And, obviously, no mess to clean up. You might have actually struggled on the rug, getting the 'burn' and a few scratches.

Here's the idea of a shared dream:

ourworld.compuserve.com...

Sometimes people discover - usually accidentally - that they have experienced a virtually identical dream, perhaps at the same time. In this variety (let us call them Type 1), two or more people seem to experience the same events and have similar images. As an example, two people might both report having dreamt of mending the same component on a car.
A variation of this type is where two or more people have the same dream, but separated by a period of time. Yvonne was married to an airline pilot and experienced a recurring dream which stopped troubling her around the time of her husband's death.
She dreamed of getting into an elevator, and pressing the button to go down to the basement. However, the elevator accelerated upwards gathering tremendous speed until it burst through the roof, at which point Yvonne would wake up. She never told anybody about these dreams.
Five years later, she was staying with her daughter in Dubai. While out for a drive together, Yvonne's daughter described a peculiar dream she had recently experienced. It was identical to Yvonne's dream.
In another kind of shared dream (Type 2), one person seems to be present in another's, or others', dream and observes what is happening. Thus, Sheila reports : 'I had a dream of something, a creature of some kind, on my back. I awoke with an unpleasant feeling. A few seconds later my young daughter ran into my bedroom saying "Mummy are you all right ? I dreamed that something was on your back !"
Shared dreams may be much more common than we imagine, because the discussion of dreams is usually fairly limited. The theoretical implications are fascinating. Are they caused by the dreams using a common symbol representing a similar thought concerning something that happened in the day? Or is there a telepathy happening between the dreamers? Or can a part of your consciousness actually enter someone else's mind ? These questions need to be explored. Such anomalies often act as clues that lead to great new truths.

sleepdisorders.about.com...

Stephen Reitz is accused of bludgeoning his lover, Eva Weinfurtner to death while the couple were vacationing together on Catalina Island in 2001.

Reitz claims he was in the midst of a dream about fighting off an intruder when he attacked the woman and has no memory of the murder.

Parasomnia

Someone then suggested that my explanation was even more 'out there' than the OP's. Again, I ask why would someone believe that?

What I have suggested is a verifiable, scientific phenomena. Rare, to be sure, but nonetheless proven to have happened to other people. It accounts for all the 'evidence' with no exception. Yet, the OP becomes defensive and insists everything was real.

Whatever, let the readers decide. I just thought I'd post this here so people who cannot get into RATS can see this explanation.

[edit on 8-7-2008 by TheComte]

new topics

top topics

<< 54  55  56    58  59  60 >>

join