It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Violent encounter with an alien being

page: 58
<< 55  56  57    59  60  61 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 04:40 PM
link   
reply to post by TheComte

Interesting! I have experienced shared dreams many times so, imo, it is a valid theory.

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 04:42 PM
link   
reply to post by maintainright

As you said, your opinion. Here's mine:

You said" He posts a dodgy pic, tells a tall tale, skips over answering the difficult questions, starts ignoring posters who push him, he'll get more aggressive and then abandon the thread" and "THIS IS A HOAX! (imo)" and "There is no proof, any request for proof is ignored or belittled(why?).
As other posters have mentioned the writing and spelling "styles" of Dan and his wife are more than a little suspicious. "

You expressed your opinion. I have no problem with that. It's what we are here to do. But then you said:

"This is just the most rediculous, unsubstantiated cr@p ever to appear on this forum. (of which I have been reading since waaaaaaaaaaaay back in the day when it was more a collection of interesting storys and articles, my fave being the articles on the x-planes etc) ".

That is an unnecessary attack, flame, mischaracterization, whatever you choose to call it. It doesn't belong. It isn't part of the deductive process, and it sounds childish, IMO. Then you go on to infer that you've been here all along, "waaaaaaaaaaaaay back in the day" as, what, evidence of your ability to discern merely by reading, what resonates as true and false? Should I use the years I most likely have over you, many of them horrific situations, life-threatening times, as proof of my superior ability to discern the truth? Bullcrap. I have no problem with anyone stating their opinion, seeking the truth, and I wouldn't try to sway anyone to my way of thinking. Smearing someone is just that, and any attempt to disguise it as intellectual discourse is just a mirage.

Cheers

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 05:11 PM
link   
reply to post by argentus

oh my oh my oh my

please just you relax here a bit

If my post is what is regarded as a flame on here, then maybe I am a flamer. Who knows, I'm just calling it as I see it.

Yes, you are correct I am entitled to my opinion, and my opinion is that his story is complete fabrication. He has yet to prove otherwise to anyone, and as I have stated, he does have prior.

Nothing else is inferred in my post when mentioning old style ATS other than Dan's story is up there with the most ridiculous of them I have read over the years. So there really is no need to start spouting about your age on here or how tough you are regarding your prior experiences.

relax, enjoy a cold drink

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by realshanti

Originally posted by fleabit
So as it stands, I can't even begin to believe this. I am honestly surprised that so many people do. There is nothing there. I don't know what people are hanging on to. There is absolutely no proof other than his word.

Disinformation? No one is trying to discredit Dan. They are asking for proof and clarification on many points. That's fair, and what any actual investigator would do. You need information before you can descredit it, and there is none, other than one person's story.

apparently you have not read the thread very thoroughly because that last statement above is inaccurate....some people have asked for clarification in a reasoned and pleasant manner but others, particularly some on this very page have gone out of their way be as condescending, nasty, and offensive as possible....an "actual investigator" does not act the way some of these posters have acted on this thread....

so your statement "no one is trying to discredit Dan" is simply more of the same but from the "good cop" perspective...you've heard of that surely??
Good cop - Bad cop??.....of course you have....please take your BS somewhere else...

No need to get nasty, I'm fairly new here, and the nicest guy in the solar system, that's what all my alien buddies tell me at least.

There are always rude folk, ignorant people, and trolls on the Internet, you can thank the anonymity for that. I discount them, it's really not worth getting in a flustered tizzy over these sorts of folks. Just ignore them. Name calling: see that, I ignore it, and discount any opinion that person may have. Name calling is the last resort of the weak minded when they can't come up with actual logical arguments to counter something with.

I am saying this is not disinformation in the context of trying to discredit aliens or ufos in general. It's not false statements, which is what disinformation is, since the original topic has not been proven whatsoever. You can hardly give incorrect information or lies about a topic that hasn't even been proven.

Just ignore the trolls, instigators, and immature folks (which the latter is the majority of what you actually meet), getting in rows with them isn't going to prove anything.

There are plenty of folks with genuine queries and expected skepticism. I'd suggest if you want to counter anything, counter those. But again, I don't how anyone could, since the orginal subject matter is so out in left-field, with so many flaws and head-scratching bits to it, that I'd think people should be focusong on that, first.

I'm more than ready to believe in anything that can be proved or at least has a semblence of solid facts and consistancy.

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 06:10 PM
link   
reply to post by fleabit

I have no problem with reasonable inquiry - but your statement that "no one is trying to discredit Dan" was simply flat out wrong...there have been on this thread slanderous comments about Dan's character and life by one poster in particular who claims to "know" him but in fact does not know him or his family -in other words his claim is a lie, so what am I to infer from that? I call that slander and disinformation, not reasonable inquiry...so read the thread before you post statements that are false...no offense intended to you, sir, but thats how I see it....

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 06:11 PM
link   

I don't blame Dan for never coming back to this thread he wasn't after the attention.

I believe he wrote the story to the best of his ability under the circumstances.

It's a shame so many people are out for his blood, they just won't go away, they get their cheap thrills off attempting to tear the guy a new one.

You all know who you are,
SICKO'S

[edit on 8-7-2008 by Malevolent_Aliens]

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by dizziedame
reply to post by QuantumReality

No I am not trigger happy. After living and doing business on this earth for 61 years I've seen too much to not be prepared to protect myself.

If I were trigger happy I would already be in prison.

Shooting is a sport I very much enjoy. It is also an excellent stress reliever.

I'm 5' tall and 130 pounds. I travel alone allot. There is no way I can protect myself from an attack with my bare hands. That's why I always have Mr. Smith and Mr. Wesson by my side. My equalizer has saved my life and the lives of others on more than one occasion.

Are you kidding me? You have used your weapon to save your life and others "many times"?

That sir/madam is laughable, unless your a cop. In fact, ask a cop how many times he has actually pulled his gun and had to use it. Not very many.

As a fellow gun enthusiast who carries everyday, the gun is the last resort to use. You seriously need to check your attitude and perhaps where you hang out.

Sorry for being off topic, this gent/madam's actions are just way out of control.

[edit on 7/8/2008 by Stockburn]

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by argentus

I don't think Dan Tanna gives a RATS ass about points.

[edit on 8-7-2008 by argentus]

You might want to check that statement.

In Dan's own words:

Consider this my last post on this here on the main board.

Get yourself 5000 points and i'll see you in RATS.

Riiiiiiiiight. He doesn't believe in points and surely doesn't think himself elite by any means.

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 08:07 PM
link   
Dan,

Just wanted to say WOW! and that I believe ya! I would have done the same thing if I were in your place (hopefully! I'd hate to wuss out)

I've read your posts on other topics and threads and have never believed you to be a phony so you're credibility is high in my book.

About the "rash" from the secretions. I know an earlier poster talked about Newts and stuff having nasty secretions and I just wanted to add my two cents. I'm allergic to the secretions of White Shrimp and most saltwater fish, if I'm fishing and touch one of the buggers and don't wash it off in a reasonable amount of time I get the raised itchy bumps like in your pics.

I have my own "good news" by my bedside, luckily being in the US I have some "bad news" right along side it, the bad news being a SIG P226. I bought it for home invasion protection but never thought about the invasion coming from something inhuman!

Oh, and thanks for the (inadvertent) tip on the CRKT blade, looks like a sweet sticker, I'll have to look into that!

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Spin it how you want. You said some nasty things that had no measure in the process of finding out the truth. You also said some things that were legitimate questions, observations, opinions, and I acknowledged that. Good job. It's what we should be doing when confronted with an account that is outside of our normal boundaries. I don't pretend to be tough, that's your flexing, not mine. I was drawing a comparison between your stating that you've been around a long time here, and making fun of myself, saying basically that my [presumably] being older than you doesn't count for diddly anymore than your being at ATS [if that's true] for a long time matters. Perhaps I wasn't clear, and that's my fault.

I'm glad we have this space to express our opinions and banter about our ideals. I have no problem with you. If you rack on the OP without constructive content, I will be back to call you on it, and we can do this whole thing over again. Otherwise, I invite you to continue to seek the truth, as we all do. Maybe Dan will be back, but I doubt it.

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 08:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Dan Tanna

I would have done the same thing... I'd say they were very suprised that you kicked the crap out of one of thier people... Hopefully you didn't kill one of their leaders or something... Causing war against earth... lol that would suck man...

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 09:44 PM
link   
reply to post by jkrog08

Paragraphs are your friend,I find your posts real hard to read. Sorry about the one liner,Im not flaming you either.Is Dan coming back here to ats or is he done posting here?

[edit on 8-7-2008 by icybluebeing]

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 09:54 PM
link   
um... i don't know whether to believe you or not. id totally consider this story bull if i hadn't seen a ufo myself.

the beating you must have given it though, wow. must have been something out of a jackie chan movie or something

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 10:26 PM
link   
Dan, what is the deal with you not coming back to the thread you started?

Many of your fellow members are still very interested in your story. You have left us hanging.

If you can fight and overcome an alien you can surely hold your ground with this thread. Don't run away like a scared little lamb. Stand up and be a man. It seems like you are running back to the safety of R.A.T.S.

In my opinion, if you do not see this through it will be very hard to respect your views about anything when you post in ATS forums again.

You knew it was going to be rough when you started your thread in ATS. You've sucked us all in and many of us have supported you. I believe you owe your supporters a finish to this thread and not leave us hanging.

I mean you no disrespect but feel you have disrespected the members that have contributed to your thread.

Do the right thing Dan.

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 11:06 PM
link   
I don't think we need worry about him starting an interstellar war. His is not the first UFO/Alien story that has the human beating the crap out of the aliens. It *was* skulking around his room after all, not a completely unprovoked attack...

Apparently the Greys are especially weak to physical damage. I recall one case where a guy grabbed one by the neck and, like a pipe with a crimp in it, it's whole head and neck folded right over.

Another case where some people shot aliens on their roof and they floated, not fell, to the ground.

There are quite a few out there if you search for them.

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 11:24 PM
link   
I think both of you shared a lucid dream with some other being. This would explain why everything seemed so real and the room was unchanged. As for the wounds, they are probably psychosomatic.

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 11:40 PM
link   
Here's the culprit:

It's Snorky the evil dolphin! Perhaps the OP watched this Simspon's episode before concocting the story... Or maybe his (sic) wife.

Treehouse of Horror XI

I think it's the best explanation possible. I get the feeling of impending doom that we're all about to be taken over and made to move off land and into the ocean.

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 11:44 PM
link   
Personally I would find this story a lot more believable if the violence wasn’t as glorified. Why the detailed information on the knife which was used and the example photo?

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 12:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jewels2007
Personally I would find this story a lot more believable if the violence wasn’t as glorified. Why the detailed information on the knife which was used and the example photo?

Because people asked for the details endlessly....over and over and then harassed Dan about it some more after he attempted to answer their questions in spite of their rudeness, ridicule and general F####ed up attitudes...

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 12:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by maintainright
reply to post by argentus

Do you mind if I quote myself once again?

This is how Dan's threads play out...

"Dan's got track record of threads like this

He posts a dodgy pic, tells a tall tale, skips over answering the difficult questions, starts ignoring posters who push him, he'll get more aggressive and then abandon the thread"

I've posted this a couple of times in this thread already. As early as maybe page 10 or so.

Does anyone see any correlation to whats happened with this thread?

THIS IS A HOAX! (imo)

There is no proof, any request for proof is ignored or belittled(why?).
As other posters have mentioned the writing and spelling "styles" of Dan and his wife are more than a little suspicious.

Its TRUE i have analysed both of their stories and the grammar, punctuation, writing style and many other points are the SAME
look for yourself.
Take that to anyone and they will most likely tell you they were infact written by the same person...
Those pics could have been from any time in his life, maybe a time he was assulted and wanted to capture his wounds as proof to a court??
The fact that dan hasnt come back doesnt prove he is sick of attempted de-bunking, it shows to me he cant twist this story any more for the sake of his rep.

[edit on 9-7-2008 by QuantumReality]

new topics

top topics

<< 55  56  57    59  60  61 >>

join