It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Violent encounter with an alien being

page: 63
<< 60  61  62    64  65  66 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 06:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nola213
Firstly, a good tactical folder is a great CC weapon.

Hi Nola.....it's not a tactical folder. It's a sports model. That's why it has the utility blade designed as a fish scaler. Darn near any knife is a decent weapon, particularly if you know when you're going to be using it. A folder, stashed under the pillow, is slightly better than an unloaded revolver.....but the fact remains....to be used, one must wake up sufficiently to determine a threat, unfold the knife, and commence wreaking mayhem. Not a good scenario for quick reaction. I don't see the mechanism for a one-handed operation on the remains of that knife.

Second I take it you don't know very much about knives. Or at least this type of folder and it's particular locking mechanism.

Look closer at the folder picture where you say that you can see his hand between the handle, on the nearest side. Well, thats because the Blade is NOT THERE.

"Knowing about" anything isn't always in the details. Hand me any rifle, handgun, shotgun, knife, whatever.....and I can effectively use it. Regardless of it's specific nomenclature or features. I will not fight with a folding blade....nothing worse than striking a large bone and having the locking mechanism fail.....'cause, you really do need your fingers to continue the fight. Would I creep up behind you and slip it under your ribs? Sure....very little chance for struggle. Never use it in direct hand to hand.

It's obvious the blade is NOT THERE. The backing plate is gone and the "fish scaler" is bent. You may need to show me an example of any folding knife with no backing plate....in place to protect the blade when not in use.

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 07:23 AM
link   
Dan,

fair play to you for putting up such a fight. Kudos for that.
I'm fairly new here, i'm reading all this thread, and am on about page 48, so sorry if this has been mentioned since and replied to.

Q1) - What kind of house do you live in? - detached, semi, flat ?

Q2) - Do you have any neighbours? if so did they notice anything peculiar?

Q3) - Do you have pets? were they affected?

thanks for taking the time to post this here, please ignore the BS from some people.

oddly enough I find it easier to believe in your account of the events, and what happened, than i do in believing in religous stuff, and the 'safety hedge', and the 'JESUS NAME WILL PROTECT YOU' camp.

Hope this doesn't happen to you again, and that you gain some normality back to your life.

Thanks

Jon Robinson

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 07:39 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 09:05 AM
link   
You people are amazing... I have been a silent reader on these posts for a LONG time but I had to speak up here. This guy shared a story which is pretty unbelievable, but WHO KNOWS what really happened. Is it possible that this guy had an altercation with an extra terrestrial being, and somehow his memories of what actually occured were somehow altered or modified? If you believe anything that gets written on this webpage, I can't see that being a huge stretch.

My real problem is all the know it all experts who grasp at straws to try to disprove anything they can. The knife model being displayed is called a "liner lock" combat kife. The "fish scaler" is actually the locking mechanism that holds the blade open and locked. To close the knife you have to slide the "fish scaler" towards the side housing of the blade and fold the knife back in. This method of locking the blade is prefered because it is harder to accidentally close the knife, you cannot move that locking mechanism when there is pressure on the blade. With the ammount of surface contact between the back of the blade and the front of the locking mechanism, it is as close to a full tang (where the blade extends through the entirety of the handle) knife as you can get with a folding knife.

How did I know this, was it my years of close quarters combat? My years spent as a cutlery engineer? nope, I am an IT guy not a trained killer, but 2 minutes of looking at google images for "folding knife" solved the case. Here is an example Buck Iceman on Amazon.com

Sorry to discredit all the knife "experts" and trained close combat killers, but maybe you should pick a better expertise to play pretend with.

Dan, if you are still bothering to read the posts, thanks for sharing and hope everything works out well for you and your family. Although you do not really need to provide any additional fuel, if you gave us the brand or model of the knife shown it would be easy for people to see the exact model online still intact.

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 09:15 AM
link   
My question to Dan is about his baby which was in the same room as him and his wife as he said. If you were able to wake up your wife with your voice, then there is no doubt your child woke up as well and during the commotion would have begun crying. Maybe I read the post wrong, or perhaps simply the baby just did not awake and if it did, then did not make noises, but that seems very unlikely. I understand your instinctual reaction to the extraterrestrial in a semi-conscious state of sleep even though it obviously did not mean any harm.

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 09:35 AM
link   
reply to post by MrPenny

Uh, I think what you're calling 'the fish scaler' is actually the 'liner lock' mechanism.

It's not bent, but is supposed to be like that. It's a piece of spring steel that is wedged against the bottom of the blade to keep the blade from closing.

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 10:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Badge01

Well now....there's a revelation. Thank you for pointing that out. The little notch in the end of the blade sure made it look like a utility blade to me. At one point I thought the "missing" section of the knife in question may have been a missing lock mechanism.....I've seen a lot of knives that have the lock bar located on the back of the knife, and I assumed that what the missing section may have been.

Please, everyone scroll up and refer to my earlier post so you'll know why I feel like a dunce now......

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 11:05 AM
link   
reply to post by MrPenny

......and speaking of "notches", you just rose several notches in my regard with this post. Not to imply that I thought ill of you prior to this post, or that my impressions should matter to anyone. I think your post was honest and exemplifies good and open critical thinking -- you acknowledged being mistaken without any rancor to anyone else, and did it with a tad of humor. Star for you.

Cheers

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 11:11 AM
link   
Can those in contact with extraterrestrials let us known what is the word 'on the street' about this encounter. By now the grapevine should be buzzing.

Is any retaliation or type of law enforcement of criminal action being planned. If law enforcement, what laws apply, Earth or some laws at some higher level? If no criminal activity is in play, are there civil or other matters. Do these type of incidents insight negative reactions from the aliens and concern.

I understand this is written from a human point of view so if the rules are very different please fill in the details.

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 11:12 AM
link   
This topic is more amazing to me in the reactions and defenders of the orginals claims made by Dan, than anything else. How many who are defending Dan have actually gone over his account carefully, and see if it has any holes? I'm telling you, it has a ton of holes in the logic. Everything from the way it is told, to the account itself from all logical standpoints screams 'hoax.'

How can anyone say "I read that, and it sounds credible." Are you serious?

What's credible about it? I found many problems with the story on a single reading through. Why are folks ignoring these problems?! Read on page 60 I think, I listed all the problems I found on a short going through of it. From the dramatic flair added that wouldn't be needed on a true account of an occurence, to many physical issues that just don't add up.

The fact that he took photos on a phone and provided these AFTER the fact doesn't make it more credible imo, it makes it less so! The fact that he added all elements he could to hit as many buttons for folks on these boards makes it LESS credible, not moreso. You have: ufo picture, wife scribbling a diagram, abduction attempt, all told with a dramatic flair with a special "touch" of raging violence.

I have heard from some say "It is so unreal, it couldn't have been made up." That's very flawed logic. How in the world some of you can come up with the idea that the more unrealistic twists a story has, makes it MORE believable, just puzzles me greatly. I came here a couple weeks ago, signed up, and figured I probably found a spot where the truth of matters can be sorted, logical approaches to cases taken, intelligent discussion could take place, and I've been quite surprised by many folks takes on this (and other cases as well).

For the record: You cannot judge someone's credibility by posts made on the Internet. The Internet is the easiest place in the world to feed disinformation, lies, and make yourself into something you really are not. A story with more outrageous claims is not MORE likely to be real, it's just the opposite. Take time to read the orginal account CAREFULLY (including all his additions, it's important to the story).

Go over this as if you don't know Dan, and as if you are completely neutral about UFOs and aliens as a subject matter. I am just amazed at the number of people that just take this at face value.

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Malevolent_Aliens
I believe Dan was telling the truth about his experience though for most I can imagine his story sounds outrageously crazy but honestly most abduction cases do come across that way

so you are more inclined to believe him based on other peoples claims?

Originally posted by Malevolent_Aliens
and there is MORE than enough evidence that supports half/fish half/human type beings.

can you provide some documentation please?

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 11:26 AM
link   
reply to post by BO XIAN

Bo, you said "2.3.1 The average naysayer seems to be greatly enamoured of their own erudite brilliance. That bias tends to create a lot of blindness in the direction of the egotistical one's own biases."

I'm sorry, but that (along with much more of your post, which includes a random list of %'s, which means nothing... you are guessing) is short-sighted. There are many who just want the truth of the matter.

What are you advocating? That all accounts just be accepted at face value, and call it good? This sort of thinking infuriates me. Hoaxes simply make it that much easier for the power that be to discredit all matters regarding to ufos or aliens. I would think that those who actually support trying to find out the truth about this sort of thing, would be the MOST critical when something new crops up. I can't believe how much I am hearing "sounds credible, who knows what can really happen, I believe it!" on this thread alone. It's just crazy talk.

Did you actually consider all points of the original post? See if there was any holes in the logic? No, I'd say you probably did not. I'd suggest you do so, before blandly announcing that everyone else is trying to be the 'naysayer that was right.'

In fact, I am really wondering now, if anyone who supports this story, has actually seriously went over the account very carefully, from start to finish. Question all aspects of the encounter. I doubt it. Even the most accepting of this sort of story should have questions about some of the points in the orginal account. Yet they don't bring them up. There is too much going on the offensive and defensive here. I thought this was a place to study, break down, and get to the bottom of matters. Not quibble over who is most right, or most wrong.

When I study any UFO case (or any paranormal case for that matter), I automatically start either at a neutral ground, or even a disbelieving view, because quite honestly, a small % of the cases ever provided actually have merit. And imo, even less with close encounters such as the one Dan claims to have had.

I'd like all those folks who just believe this for no other merit than you know Dan, or really want to believe it, to go over the orginal post in detail, from start to finish. Read every sentence carefully, and formulate a more logical (i.e. not emotional, just be investigative) view of the account. It would help greatly when dicussing this sort of thing.

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 11:45 AM
link   
reply to post by observe50

Originally posted by observe50
I have dealt with beings for a long time and it truly is something that each individual has to experience for themself and when they do then and probabply only then will they understand how this works.
There are many different species here and out there and experiences happen in many different ways. Knowing the beings as I believe I do I will say that Dan took this one by surprise and this alone is very rare indeed.

Yes, well when i experience something like this, and only this, will i start to understand something like this.

Originally posted by Dan Tanna
-The first knife blow hit it right in the left eye as i pulled it down and towards me.

-The second / third / fourth hit it in the throat and jaw area, and it really then decided it didn't want to play any more.

-i started with my left hand to smash against its skull and right side of the face.

-it took maybe another thirty blows to the back and head.. I stood up, grabbed my ice axe from the shelf as the good news was stuck in its shoulder real deep and was about to deal a real killing blow to its skull
It took more than 100 solid shots to the face, neck, chest and back.. not counting the severe wounds to its head.

- the eye exploded like it was under pressure like a balloon

-Its face was hanging off, its eye was totally destroyed, its neck was opend wide

-at the end of the day I tried my level best to kill this being, and it took a licking and kept on kicking.

Thats one hell of an adventure

[edit on 10-7-2008 by QuantumReality]

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 11:59 AM
link   
reply to post by QuantumReality

I'm more interested about DanTanna's training and conditioning methods.

Sounds like he threw approx. 200 punches or death blows.

That's more punches I would think than a BOTH MMA fighters in a UFC title fight.

And those guys put themselves through training hell to get in shape and make weight and are completely spent when the fight is over.

Considering Dan's not a UFC fighter, how the hell did he pull that off?

[edit on 10-7-2008 by Minnesotawreckingcrew]

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 12:03 PM
link   
I don't understand why people have to attack the OP. What do you get out of it?

People can make up their own mind whether or not to believe. If they can't make up their mind and you actually influence them to believe or not believe than you're not really going to help them build any kind of critical thinking skills, and really unless you intend to hold their hand throughout the rest of thier life, your altruistic arguments really don't help them in the long run.

All your doing is hurting the chances of anyone else coming forward to give their story!

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zul007
I don't understand why people have to attack the OP. What do you get out of it?

Only a few people are attacking the OP. Many are just analyzing the story. Just skip over those posts attacking the OP.

People can make up their own mind whether or not to believe. If they can't make up their mind and you actually influence them to believe or not believe than you're not really going to help them build any kind of critical thinking skills, and really unless you intend to hold their hand throughout the rest of thier life, your altruistic arguments really don't help them in the long run.

Don't know what you mean by 'altruistic arguments'.

By explaining the analysis you can provide insight and give clues on how to look for logical inconsistencies in any story, not just this one.

It's crucial for the field of Ufology to be able to examine claims critically and thus be able to spot a real encounter and gain knowledge on how these things work and, if they are real, what the intent is.

All your doing is hurting the chances of anyone else coming forward to give their story!

I couldn't disagree more. People telling the truth have nothing to fear and their stories are welcome. How are you going to gain insight if you take every wild tale at face value? How are you going to distinguish between truth and false flag ops? Do you want to be manipulated by covert ops trying to cause fear, uncertainty and doubt?

[edit on 10-7-2008 by Badge01]

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 12:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Minnesotawreckingcrew

Question to OP.

Have you ever ran a marathon or competed in a triatholon?

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 12:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Minnesotawreckingcrew

Minnestoa, did you hear anything from Berkley? or was it chicken skin.

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 12:57 PM
link   
What it comes down to is that multiple people have already torn the story down, not only with my more spiteful methods, but with pointing out obvious holes in the story. The problem is, the thread has grown fairly long and most people have not read the entire thing, so they are more or less being too lazy to read it all. What we need is someone willing to go over it, collect every bit of information that hurts the story's credibilty and organize it into a single post, at which point we can present it to the moderators with a request to delete the thread as a hoax.

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 12:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Badge01

Zul007

"All your doing is hurting the chances of anyone else coming forward to give their story!"

Badge01,

I couldn't disagree more. People telling the truth have nothing to fear
and their stories are welcome.

I couldn't agree more.

"All your doing is hurting the chances of anyone else coming forward to give their story!"

It's a fact many people are not coming forward because of the way they would be treated on this board, let's face it ATS is a tough crowd. Abduction stories are very personal and traumatic to say the least and the last thing an abductee needs is to be slaughtered and torn apart on some online forum.

I am one of those persons who will never share my personal abduction experiences and especially with this crowd, so I do agree that people are out there even among us with abduction cases that will not share them and for this very reason. This thread is a classic example of why I'm sure many won't come forward, people will expect too much proof on ATS from them and openly attack and make fun of anyone who claims to of had an abduction.

That is just about all I see on ATS debunkers and name callers when it comes to the alien abduction cases, now of course it's usual to have pranksters and made up abduction stories it's just part of having a public forum but then again who is to quickly say or judge someone, I feel we should at least consider that some of them could be real and probably most of the real abductees you will never hear about because these people chose not to spill the beans about it for the very reason of how they would get treated on ATS and the overwhelming amount of accusations expected, endless questions, grammar debunkers and the burden of proof experts that they must face.

I say let's make it a little easier for someone to come forward and at least listen to them for a while before getting all over them after a first post.
People really went after Dan quickly on this one. Abduction cases are not supposed to sound rational or normal but more on the unbelievable side so let's just all keep an open mind about it.Hopefully someone is reading this and changes their mind and decides to come forward on their alien encounter or abduction, it won't be me though. lol

Thanks

[edit on 10-7-2008 by Malevolent_Aliens]

new topics

top topics

<< 60  61  62    64  65  66 >>

join