It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If we are the only ones...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 06:35 PM
link   
I do believe in UFO's and ET's, however i just had a thought what if we were the only ones?

Most people find it scary to think that aliens exist, but i find it even worse thinking that we are the only ones here!

Just wondered what u guys thought!?!

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by rayzr
I do believe in UFO's and ET's, however i just had a thought what if we were the only ones?

I guess it wouldn't change anything, except maybe that instead of the aliens scooting around the universe and creating a big, legendary civilization, sprinkling life here and there, it'd be up to us and our smart robots. If we felt like it.

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 06:47 PM
link   
Of the infinate space in our universe, if we are the only life, thats one sad universe.

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 06:51 PM
link   
I assure you 1 billion percent on this. We are hardly alone. Far from it.

Donnnnnbescarrrred, my child. haha. but seriously...

you'll see.

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 06:59 PM
link   
reply to post by rayzr

This is an interesting point that has been raised here.

I have been pondering this question for the past 25 years.

I have done a lot of research, met a lot of people, exchanged a lot of views on this subject.

At the end of the day- This is my response-

On this planet there are many milions of species. From bacteria to flora and fauna and animals of all shapes and sizes. An amazing place indeed. All of us do not realize what a wondrous and truly amazing place we live in.

It just doesn't add up does it? We all know in the back of our minds that this did not all happen by mistake, by natural selection or even by an act of god.

In fact, taking the homo sapien (human) take on life- We are all still so stupid, so backward, so uncivilised, so unforgoving and STUPID that we still don't know what is going on. It was only 300-400 years ago that we were told that the earth was flat.

OF COURSE WE ARE NOT THE ONLY ONES!! How f***n stupid are we? There is no other probabilty (that us silly humans know about) that would be so rare as a single cell developing and fawning life...the probability of everything else- Black holes, red dwarfs etc etc, that exist elsewhere, do not exist on such a rare scale. Are we stupid enough to think that many millions of species were created or happened by accident? NO

I think that human life was interfered with by aliens. From research that I have done, I think that the aliens have genitically modified a process of natural selection that was already occurring with the primates to develop human beings.

Sorry to cause offence, but ALL religion is a farce. We are being brain washed. Religion is a human concept procurred by "aliens" to help humans grasp "the meaning of life".

Coming back to the comment about the reality of what it would be like if we ARE the only ones...it is just not possible is it?

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 07:06 PM
link   
To many people make the mistaken perception that we are all aligned in perspective in some type-O of context within "reality". I know I've been guilty of this too many times.

Perspective is that housing the home of the personas' view upon the world and we are not all in the same state.

Too many people have built walls of safty, that are illusions of phyical understandings, as to the "way the world is".

If you were to introduce an "unknown" so boldfaced, that would make their housing fall like the card house that it really is.

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 07:10 PM
link   
i think most humans would be fine with not knowing either way. anthropocentric lifestyles currently exist for the majority of humanity, but if someone were to prove somehow that our earth contained the only life in the universe, i think people would be pretty depressed. we like not knowing; it makes us comfortable.

religion would thrive, because humanity needs something more to cling to. we would grasp onto anything for hope, for reasons to live, when life itself seems to be a mistake.

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 07:14 PM
link   
If we are the only ones in this vast universe, then we'd better stop all wars before there is none of us left. I mean think about all the fuzzy photos and blurry videos about those UFO's and ET's -- not one of those prove they exist. There are other life forms on earth and with that respect we are not truly 'alone'.

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by pikypiky
If we are the only ones in this vast universe, then we'd better stop all wars before there is none of us left. I mean think about all the fuzzy photos and blurry videos about those UFO's and ET's -- not one of those prove they exist. There are other life forms on earth and with that respect we are not truly 'alone'.

VERY GOOD POINT MY FRIEND!. Yes- if we are alone, what the f****n heck are all these ufo sightings going on?

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 07:37 PM
link   
if there was another highly intelligent species living on our planet, it would not surprise me. heck, i would lay low if i was in the minority, knowing full-well of the crap we humans subject each other and ourselves to.

if i were one, i would just wait around till all the humans killed themselves and reap from all their technological successes but leave their mentality dead by their side.

wow, that was kinda dark...

how about...i'd hug one human every week, so they'd have a crazy story to tell afterwards.

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 07:59 PM
link   
reply to post by christian952

Gee, just a thought: I suppose those sightings are none other than perpetrators with technological advancement in holograms, anti-gravity devices or perhaps some nano-technology implanted in our brains (and god knows elsewhere on our bodies) that allow certain people to see those alleged UFO, boogers flying high over our heads somehow.

posted on Feb, 8 2008 @ 11:18 AM
link   
It would be horrible if somehow we found out we were the only ones, dont think many people would care, but i would be sad!

Ive never personally seen a 'UFO' for sure bt i have seen a few weird things but i think they must have been weather ballons,

I did once find some weird triangular shaped rocks in my back garden, they were perfectly equalateral like small pyrmids, bout the size of a conker, i was ganna make a thread o here about them, but with no picture didnt really see the point!

I hope in my lifetime we do discover other civilizations how amazing would that be!!!!!

Tourism of another level haha!

new topics

top topics

join