It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police caught on tape threatening to destroy and invent evidence

page: 19
<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2007 @ 07:27 PM
link   
reply to post by scientist

The Chief's lawyer is cringing right now. Why? Because the fact that they believe the officer was responsible lends itself to culpability - why 'lose' the tape? But then how foolish to make that public and suspend him for that lending support to the allegations.

Better they suspend him for his mouth (publicly) and for the tape behind closed doors.

I'm no lawyer, but that's why they dearly love the lay person who thinks they know law - they always do the opposite of what they should do (or they don't stop talking).

posted on Sep, 12 2007 @ 07:44 PM
link   
I'm a skateboarder and have been dealing with the propensity
for violence against children by police for quite some time.

Sgt. James Kuehnlein is obviously a repressed homosexual.

The give a way was his repeated and enthusiastic use of the phrases
"young boy" and "your young ass".

I have seen many examples of the police abusing their "power"
but very few examples of anything being done about it.

I don't hate cops, I'm just a lot happier when they're not around.

Their not jerks cause their cops....
Their cops cause their jerks.

here is a nice example of a cop unable to control his
violent nature in the face of non threatening children.

[edit on 12-9-2007 by ShadeTree Philosopher]

posted on Sep, 12 2007 @ 08:19 PM
link   
reply to post by ShadeTree Philosopher

I'm going to let the mods deal with this post.

posted on Sep, 12 2007 @ 08:51 PM
link   
funny how those who fight oppression are some of the most oppressive.

I also notice that those opposed to elitism are are often raging elitists.

posted on Sep, 12 2007 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by ShadeTree Philosopher

Or the fact its part of the T&C that you can't swear because they dont want to get blocked by filters for profane language.

posted on Sep, 12 2007 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Freenrgy2

??? In what way? I don't see how it was off-topic, or in violation of any rules, whatsoever. This is a very cryptic message, and I demand to know the meaning of it!

posted on Sep, 12 2007 @ 09:40 PM
link   

It's not oppressive, it's the terms of service you agreeded to when joining these boards. Let me guess, you're some lurker who finally decided to give their input and could care less if you get a warning or banned because you're not going to stick around. You only wanted to put your two cents in.

My other concern is calling someone a repressed homosexual on a public forum. That, in itself, could be viewed as a slanderous remark and could get you or this site in trouble. So, think again if your remarks were for the good of the community or self-serving.

[edit on 12-9-2007 by Freenrgy2]

posted on Sep, 12 2007 @ 09:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by scientist

??? In what way? I don't see how it was off-topic, or in violation of any rules, whatsoever. This is a very cryptic message, and I demand to know the meaning of it!

There was some profanity in the post that the OP has already removed.

From the T&C's

1b.) Profanity: You will not use profanity in our forums, and will neither post with language or content that is obscene, sexually oriented, or sexually suggestive nor link to sites that contain such content.

posted on Sep, 12 2007 @ 10:02 PM
link   

Duplicate post.

Sorry.

[edit on 12-9-2007 by Badge01]

posted on Sep, 12 2007 @ 10:15 PM
link   
this made the news in my area, not much to the story on the news,but atleast it made it that far.

posted on Sep, 12 2007 @ 10:24 PM
link   
I hope many people follow Darrow's lead and tape themselves being abused by law enforcement officers just as he did. Maybe it will launch a nationwide police reform movement. I may put cameras in my vehicles as well. I have a teenage son who needs to be safe from more police thuggery and civil rights violations. It's time to stop the madness.

[edit on 9/12/2007 by TheAvenger]

posted on Sep, 12 2007 @ 10:44 PM
link   
One way to understand some of this is to consider two basic types of personality types.

One type is the ordinary, socially integrated person with a stable personality.

The other type, for a variety of reasons is the 'predator'. This kind of person may be lacking some or all of a conscience. They don't 'feel bad' or worry when they do something wrong, or bad, though they're often good at observing 'conscience' in others and faking it quite convincingly.

Now in any 'tribe' or social unit there is some need for both types.

Certainly back in the days of primitive man a tribe had better include a 'predator' or three - without the hunters they wouldn't have survived.

Who are the hunters, or the predators or even the 'wolves' of our society?

Some military men, many law enforcement types, occupants of various prisons (including guards), and so forth.

It makes some sense that in order to work on the streets you have to go beyond 'knowing' the criminal element, they sometimes had to become like them, and some can turn it on and off and some probably can't. It is high stress.

Precisely because it is high stress, sometimes it causes parts of people's personalities to come to the surface that otherwise might not.

Thus the idea of 'repressed' behavior, bullying behavior, and even cowardly behavior (the pleading and apologizing after learning of the taping), can be observed.

Some of this might happen when the 'predator' aspect starts to break down, for various reasons.

Here I wonder about the cop getting so wound up. Where would he have gone if there wasn't any taping? Would he end up extorting something out of this 'boy' in order to be let go? He obviously was trying to generate maximum fear, and when you think about it for no apparent reason.

Just 2 cents...

posted on Sep, 12 2007 @ 11:19 PM
link   

brutal, lying, law-breaking cops are the rule, now. not the exception.
it's up to the police forces to improve their reputation. it is not wrong to criticize illegal behaviour.
i've been brutalized by cops with ZERO provocation. i merely asked to see the warrant. the next thing i know, i'm eating dirt, and someone is trying to break my finger.
i've been told i couldn't walk down a particular street. there was a war protest, and they corralled the march, and anyone trying to get out of the marching throng was blocked from going down a public street. the march was completely peaceful with no violence.
i've been told that if i didn't have any i.d., and didn't live in the neighborhood i was in, that i was not allowed to walk on that street.

i'm sick of it. i'm sick of people defending meglomaniac bullies, just because of some programmed archetype we all have of "officer friendly". the truth from observation, is that there are very few officers who really care about JUSTICE. they care more about egos puffed up by their ability to visit pain and fear on the little people, and about protecting their littler members only clubhouse of power over others.

this one's less than a minute:

this one is a mainstream media piece, 24 + minutes, kind of illustrates the RULE rather than EXCEPTION thing i've been saying:

posted on Sep, 13 2007 @ 04:25 AM
link   
Well yes it is true that the officer may have been having a bad day but that is no excuse whatsoever. Having worked in high schools as a substitute/relief teacher, there are so many times that I could have exploded and conducted myself in a way that was totally unprofessional, much like this ‘experienced’ officer. Either he is a professional or he is not.

BTW, my father (RIP) was a copper (a hard one at that) for 25 years and some of the stories of corruption he told absolutely blows the mind.
Most times it is a judgment call (eg whether the suspect is lying, etc) by the officers and if they deem you to be lying, watch out. Obviously your demeanor, appearance and personality will also determine how you will be treated. It is always a good idea to know your rights and not just assume what they might be.
The majority of coppers are just like the rest of us, normal caring people and are truly needed in society but once they are influenced by the system, things start to change, usually for the worse.

Most people say, if you haven’t anything to hide, then why worry if you lose some liberty in order to gain more protection. This tape is an example as to why the rights of individuals need to be protected. All it takes is someone in authority who doesn’t like you to make your life hell (even if it’s just being late for work) – potentially every day. (ie harassment.)

Martin Luther king:
“An injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere

George Washington:
“Laws made by common consent must not be trampled on by individuals.”

“If the freedom of speech is taken away then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter.”

“How soon we forget history... Government is not reason. Government is not eloquence. It is force. And, like fire, it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master.”

posted on Sep, 13 2007 @ 06:44 AM
link   
reply to post by eyewitness86

Read this..
www.abovetopsecret.com...'

and this..
www.abovetopsecret.com...

There seems to be two people who are defending the indefensible. This is not something that is out of the ordinary, this is something that has become the rule of thumb.
He swerved.. Where in the world did you see THAT?
He back talked the officer.. OK, so what if he did?
I did a little transcript of my own, to be sure I was hearing what I thought I was hearing, and to say he was being a smart *** is IMO a fabrication, all he did was ask the question Did I do something wrong?. And THAT justifies the police offer acting the way that he did?
Let me put this more simply. Let's just say this guy was going around baiting cops.. All that officer had to do was NOT BE BAITED. How simple it is to keep a calm professionalism, when THAT IS WHAT YOU TRAINED TO DO.

How we doing?
What’s going on?

Nothing.

Why you parking here?

Can’t I park here? It’s a commuter lot, right?

Yeah yeah yeah but we have problems here after m.. night time

OK

Breaking into cars.. Got any ID on you?

Ah, yeah I do

Can I see it please (Over talk: Can I)

Did I do something wrong?

Yeah, you are a spicis (word slurs) vehicle right now

I am what?

(Loudly) You are a suspicious vehicle right now

In a commuter parking lot?

Yeah you are, cause we have car thieves in here, yeah you’re right

Cause I can park right here

You want me to.. you wanna come out of the car, come on out come on out. Show me your ID

(Can’t understand something about no turn something for the vehicle, it sounded like to me, maybe someone can tell me what they heard)

(When I, something?? Can’t understand)

Yeah, you did when you were coming in

Really?

You wanna try me, you wanna try me?

And I think we all know what else goes on.
The cop started getting an attitude from the second the kid asked him if he did something wrong, and THEN he had the NERVE to ask him to repeat himself, because he didn’t understand what the cop said. And that is when said officer flew off the handle.
I didn’t understand what the cop said either..
Now, if this cop is so sensitive, that this guy could push his buttons that easily, do we REALLY want this man as an officer of the law?
Do we REALLY want someone swore to UPHOLD the law threatening to lay false charges. Threatening to destroy private property/evidence?
There is NO defending this man.
Does anyone else recall the man who COMPLETELY flipped on a state trooper, screaming, cursing, and all THAT cop did was give him a ticket for something that he had done wrong, threatened to give him a littering ticket when he ripped up the ticket and tossed it, and told the guy to have a nice day..

THAT is what is known as a GOOD cop, rare specimen though he may be.
The kind of cop in the video is typical of what we have come to expect from officers of the law.
The fact is, if a twenty something smart *** can make a cop flip out in 20 seconds of conversation, WITHOUT SAYING ANYTHING WRONG, it is the cop who has something wrong with him. Not the kid.

And those of you defending this POS cop should REALLY think about the conversation that made this OFFICER of the law bully and intimidate this guy by threatening him with false charges. Because the guy said NOTHING wrong.
And maybe one day it will be YOU facing 9 other charges for DARING to ask a cop if you can park somewhere.

Point to think about, if this guy is setting up cops acting like bad guys, then all the cop has to do is his job. Nothing more, nothing less, and the cop will not get into trouble, and Brett will have nothing to post on YouTube.
But as soon as that officer steps out of line, it is the OFFICER who is wrong, no matter what the provocation, as long as the person that has been stopped has not broken the actual law.

posted on Sep, 13 2007 @ 06:58 AM
link   
I don't know if this has been posted here but New Questions Surrounding St. George Police Department not a nice place to live huh.

posted on Sep, 13 2007 @ 07:24 AM
link   

It's not oppressive, it's the terms of service you agreeded to when joining these boards. Let me guess, you're some lurker who finally decided to give their input and could care less if you get a warning or banned because you're not going to stick around. You only wanted to put your two cents in.

My other concern is calling someone a repressed homosexual on a public forum. That, in itself, could be viewed as a slanderous remark and could get you or this site in trouble. So, think again if your remarks were for the good of the community or self-serving.

Tell that to Geraldo Rivera.

posted on Sep, 13 2007 @ 08:06 AM
link   
reply to post by LDragonFire

Wow, good find!
And I am stealing your signature for another forum, I love it!

posted on Sep, 13 2007 @ 08:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by FalseParadigm
reply to post by LDragonFire

Wow, good find!
And I am stealing your signature for another forum, I love it!

Rock on..

I also found this Not sure if this has been posted yet

A check of court records shows Kuehnlein himself pleaded guilty of assault and stealing in two different cases, in 1988 and 1990. He successfully petitioned a judge in St. Louis County in 1998 to expunge his criminal record, which was making it hard for him to get work as a cop.

Lots of good stuff there if you scroll down they talk about Chief Milton Russell Schepp. Im related to this guy. At the time of the mob war in the early 80's one of my sisters got married at our house in Arnold Mo, there were FBI agents watching our house, we made them plates of food and gave em coffee and sodas. They were watching our house because the bombing were on going and they were targeting family members.....

[edit on 13-9-2007 by LDragonFire]

[edit on 13-9-2007 by LDragonFire]

posted on Sep, 13 2007 @ 08:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by LDragonFire
I don't know if this has been posted here but New Questions Surrounding St. George Police Department not a nice place to live huh.

wow!! hahaha

A four page statement was issued following a review of the accusations by the State Administrative Hearing Commission. Among its findings were that Scott Uhrig called the teenager "beautiful, hot and tempting." Uhrig also allegedly asked the teen to come to his car for sex.

i'm amazed, and glad that this one incident is now opening a can of worms for the entire dept. I'll say it again, thank God/Gore for the internet!

new topics

top topics

<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join