It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police caught on tape threatening to destroy and invent evidence

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2007 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Wow! I'm so glad that someone posted this here. It's absolutely shocking!

I've even seen officers like this one. I'm a white 44 yo mother and grandmother. I'm a homeowner and business owner. In our family the rule has always been; DON'T CALL THE POLICE FOR HELP...THEY'LL MAKE EVERYTHING WORSE. I'd call them if I was robbed to make a report for the insurance company...but other than that, forget it. Even if someone was dead in my living room..I'd have to seriously think about it before I did it.

We live in the country and it takes the police anywhere from 45 minutes to an hour to get here. A lot of good they'd be in an emergency anyway.

That's why I have a gun and know how to shoot it.

This is frightening on every level, isn't it. You've given me a lot to think about.

DEFINITELY.

Terrie

posted on Sep, 12 2007 @ 01:25 PM
link   
as i was reading the transcript i noticed the cop stuck his head in the car lol(you would think he would be a little more careful considering he was checking out a supposedly "suspicious" vehicle and very well could have come face to face with a concealed weapon).

posted on Sep, 12 2007 @ 01:34 PM
link   
reply to post by actonkid

you make good points....i always tell my wife if something happens do not call the cops...we will handle it.....it would have to be very major for me to call them. i just don't need their services 99.999% of the time.

posted on Sep, 12 2007 @ 01:41 PM
link   
reply to post by eyewitness86

Tell me how you really feel.

Honestly, I can't echo your feelings of hatred and retaliation or agree with some of your blanket statements against police officers. Obviously, you have reasons to believe as strongly as you do. I'm sure that there are crimes committed by police officers just as you have said and have shown. But, I would like to think that that's a very small percentage and is not the norm.

Again, I would strongly advise against publically stating that we should arm ourselves against cops. As a member of an online public community, I have a duty to tell you that this isn't a very wise statement. [I'm trying to keep you from saying something that might get you into trouble.
]

What we need to focus on in this thread is the specifics of this particular incident.

posted on Sep, 12 2007 @ 01:53 PM
link   
Awesome story and video, yet another reason to not trust cops as far as you can spit.

You have to be an absolute jerk to even want to be a cop in the first place, they are paid bullies and very little else. It is their job to ruin and destroy lives. "Protect & Serve"... haha what a joke.

posted on Sep, 12 2007 @ 01:54 PM
link   
CNN has a story on their front page about this. Not sure if its been posted yet. I didn't have time to go through all 20 pages of responses but here it is

www.cnn.com........../video/#/video/bestoftv/2007/09/12/chetry.kid.pulled.over.dashcam.cnn

take out the periods after cnn.com and then enter into your browser.

[edit on 12-9-2007 by Whathavewecometo]

posted on Sep, 12 2007 @ 01:56 PM
link   
I remember when I was a kid “Officer Friendly” came to our school and we were taught to always trust them. How naïve I was.
I learned my first real lesson about the police when I was just 16. I only had my driver’s license for about 1 week.
My mom ran out of gas coming home from work at about 9: PM. She called and asked me to help.

So I was on my way to her when I got pulled over. As soon as I saw his lights I looked at my speed and was in fact under the speed limit by about 5 miles per hr.
He asks for license & registration and asks why I was speeding. I told him very respectfully, that I was not speeding but was going slower than the speed limit.
Then he asks me why I was swerving in and out of traffic. I told him that we were the only ones on the road, and that I hadn’t even changed lanes. This was a small country town, where they roll up the streets when the sun goes down.

Then he proceeds to tell me that I illegally modified my car to make the bumper too low. I told him that the shocks were factory shocks and had never been changed.
He then grabs a flashlight and pretends to look under my car and writes me a ticket for an illegal muffler, which was in fact the factory muffler that had never been changed. I knew that there was nothing I could do about it. I was going to get a ticket that night for something.

My dad beat the crap out of me when he found out I got a ticket, he wouldn’t take the time to listen to what really happened, but that’s another story.
Personally, I think the standards for the job are much too low. Anyone with the authority to carry and gun and mess with peoples lives should be held to much higher standards of conduct. I think the penalties for corruption or criminal behavior by law enforcement officers should be much more severe.

posted on Sep, 12 2007 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by apc
These cops keep it up and they can't be surprised when riots start breaking out again.

Protests if not actual riots would have broken out over this already but the driver being harrassed just happened to be white.

I wish a copy of this video would be mailed to all the whining blacks out there who are convinced that cops only give blacks a hard time.

Unfortunately, white people can't play the race card when we're disrespected and screwed in life by authority like this, not to mention various other ways. We don't have huge organizations at our back, we don't have Al Sharpton and dozens of others jumping at the chance to speak out in our behalf on national TV.

posted on Sep, 12 2007 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Freenrgy2
What we need to focus on in this thread is the specifics of this particular incident.

are you policing this thread? this particular incident is an example of what is wide-spread behaviour, and is not a freak exception to the norm. i think people need to be made aware that this is NOT a freak exception, but rather, is a normal day of police activity.

BTW, i didn't "twist your words". you said the cop did nothing illegal, and i pointed out that what he is doing is illegal. of course his senior officer will try to not charge him with a criminal act. that is also a norm for the boys in blue(or black, these days). they cut each other slack with regards to personal conduct.
i know of cops here who were caught boozing it up in the parking lot at a wedding they attended. they were clearly doing illegal activity, yet, they were not charged. just 'reprimanded' with a slap on the wrist.

there is no way in hell it is not illegal for a cop to abuse his position and harass people at random, LYING to them about how much power he has, and THREATENING to make a FALSE ARREST based on LIES.

p.s. no need to get your back up. i'm not trying to "hurt" you. just point out that cops abusing their power and LYING to the public is illlegal.

posted on Sep, 12 2007 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sparky63
I remember when I was a kid “Officer Friendly” came to our school and we were taught to always trust them. How naïve I was.

Oh, my gosh, I could have written that. Exactly! I blindly and naively trusted anyone in uniform when I was younger. Actually, until I was 30 to be exact.

I have custody of my two baby grandchildren and I tell the eldest to trust the police if he's lost or in trouble. He's 4 and knows his full name address and phone number and knows to trust only an officer.

I guess as a mother/grandmother all you can do is pray that if something horrible does happen, he'll run into a good one.

Terrie

posted on Sep, 12 2007 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by billybob

are you policing this thread? this particular incident is an example of what is wide-spread behaviour, and is not a freak exception to the norm. i think people need to be made aware that this is NOT a freak exception, but rather, is a normal day of police activity.

BTW, i didn't "twist your words". you said the cop did nothing illegal, and i pointed out that what he is doing is illegal. of course his senior officer will try to not charge him with a criminal act. that is also a norm for the boys in blue(or black, these days). they cut each other slack with regards to personal conduct.
i know of cops here who were caught boozing it up in the parking lot at a wedding they attended. they were clearly doing illegal activity, yet, they were not charged. just 'reprimanded' with a slap on the wrist.

there is no way in hell it is not illegal for a cop to abuse his position and harass people at random, LYING to them about how much power he has, and THREATENING to make a FALSE ARREST based on LIES.

p.s. no need to get your back up. i'm not trying to "hurt" you. just point out that cops abusing their power and LYING to the public is illlegal.

Why yes, as a member of the online community, I am policing this thread. All of us have a duty to do that.

If he broke the law, show me the law he broke. Again, I'm not defending his actions and I think they are reprehensible. But, are you a lawyer? Do you know the specific Missouri staute he broke? Sure, it can be argued here that he was malfeasant or perjured himself, but that has to be proven in a court of law. Personally, I don't think it will go that far, but we will see.

The problem I have with your posts is that you jumped right into this thread, quoting one comment I made and throwing it out to the rest of the forum in a very deragatory fashion. If you would have even bothered to have read my posts, you would have seen that I cleary state the cop was wrong to act as he did. And if this is the norm amongst police officers, show me the statistics that show this. I would be happy to change my opinion if you can show me facts.

Do I see anything illegal from the transcript? It depends on what the statue is in Missouri. I'll say again that it was intimidation at the least. And I don't know what Missouri's law says iwith regards to criminal intimidation. He didn't make the individual do anyting illegal or coerce him into any wrongdoing. Many of the officer's statement's were phrased as future tense: I could have, I can do, I can say, etc... I guarantee you that if this thing would go to trial, a lawyer would nitpick this apart.

Under normal circumstances it would be the individual's word against the officer's and you and I know who would win. The ace in the hole is the audio/video. It clearly shows the officer out of control.

For now, I reserve judgement on whether or not there was any illegal activity on the part of the officer. Was he wrong in the way he acted....YES. Dude, I'm on the kid's side.

And no, I'm not "hurt", just disappointed by your cheap shots in order to make yourself look good.

[edit on 12-9-2007 by Freenrgy2]

posted on Sep, 12 2007 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sparky63

haha, amazing! My first D.A.R.E. officer was "officer Friendly," and MAN was she a bitch. I remember after first meeting her, thinking to myself "whatever she DOESNT want me to do, is probably really fun, so I'll do it."

Right after that thought, she told us about drugs, of which I had NO IDEA existed prior to that. Needless to say...

posted on Sep, 12 2007 @ 03:27 PM
link   
This was on the KQ 92 morning show here in minnesota this morning and i remembered it was on here. It was funny they were cracking jokes about this. But you have to understand that cops are just people like us with more power. Im sure you have all flipped out on someone who got on your nerves at the wrong time before. Cause he's a cop doesnt mean he's above human emotion. He didnt take the dude to jail now did he? He just used scare tactics. Totally acceptable just as long as he doesnt actually make up evidence and throw the dude in jail. But i think he should have to take some anger management classes at least.

posted on Sep, 12 2007 @ 03:32 PM
link   
How would someone set up a camera in their car with the feed going to a secure source elsewhere?

posted on Sep, 12 2007 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Macy Alinost
How would someone set up a camera in their car with the feed going to a secure source elsewhere?

Someone suggested routing their video through their cell phone/blackberry and dump it off that way. Honestly, I really don't know, but it sounds interesting!

posted on Sep, 12 2007 @ 03:50 PM
link   
Officers Videotape From Police Car Missing!

Imagine that! Now, how could that have happened?

Apparently, the young man went to see the police chief and asked to see the videotape that was taken from the offending police officers car, only to be told the tape is missing.

Young Man Taunted By Policeman Wants Officer Fired

Brett Darrow, 20, met with St. George Police Chief Scott Uhrig for more than an hour Tuesday afternoon and also filed a formal complaint against the officer, Sgt. James Kuehnlein.

During the meeting Darrow asked to see the videotape from Kuehnlein's police car. But according to Uhrig, that footage, inexplicably, is nowhere to be found.

"That's the million-dollar question," Uhrig said. "Our policy says any contact the officer has with the public has to be on tape."

Bad cop, no donut!

Here is some more from another article

New Details On Driver And Officer Involved In Explosive Video

But a Festus resident swears he heard the same words from the same officer in the same lot two months ago.

"I heard that voice on the news and I was like, 'That's the same cop. Did the same thing to me.'" McNeal recalls. "I was waiting for my step dad in the parking lot. He pulled in, told me to get out, and yelled at me. He seen my eyebrow ring and said something about how it's hoosierish and that he'd drag me back to Jefferson County by my eyebrow ring."

McNeal did not get a name, but believes it was Keuhnlein. But if the officer has a past, Darrow does too.

Uhrig is upset because he hoped to see a second version of what happened, from the in car camera in Kuehnlein's cruiser. But Uhrig says for reasons he can't explain, there is no tape from the officer's car.

Based on what he sees from Darrow's tape, "the young man wasn't being disrespectful in any way," Uhrig says. "Wasn't using a threatening tone or demeanor. You know you're supposed to treat people as you're treated and that's not how it was done here."

Seems like the Police Chief is taken aback on this, he is not trying to defend what the officer did, but is actually on Darrow's side.

[edit on 12/9/07 by Keyhole]

posted on Sep, 12 2007 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Nowhere in the transcript is it mentioned that the officer put his hands on the door or even opened the door. The transcript provided by the individual does state that officer "leans into the car and yells". So, if there is some plane that he broke that consitutes an illegal search then, yes, he broke the law.

Where do you see or where did you hear that the officer opened the door? I'm curious because I wouldn't find it hard to believe that as this story is told facts are lost and bits and pieces of the story are embellished to further support claims of the officer breaking the law.

I'm not trying to get myself flammed, but I am going strictly by the written transcript. If the individual states in a transcript that they exited the vehicle and there is no mention of the officer opening the door, then I can
only assume that the individual opened the door and exited the vehicle.

If we had the police officers tape, we would be able to answer this question very easily, but it disappeared. Coincidence? What made me think so is the way the shadow moves and the way he tells him to come out once more after the door is open. The officers shadow takes a small step back, but still in view, tells him to get out. Door opens, cop says to get out again. He then moves out of the vehicle. I wish we had the other tape but it disappeared.

posted on Sep, 12 2007 @ 05:59 PM
link   
Wolf Blitzer is going to cover this story on The Situation Room. It should be on between 7-8 EST!! CNN!

[edit on 9/12/2007 by sp00n1]

posted on Sep, 12 2007 @ 06:15 PM
link   
i read another quote from the chief on another site (sorry, forgot where) and the chief noted that the officer was suspended because of the missing tape, NOT because of his behavior. He actually justified the behavior first.

posted on Sep, 12 2007 @ 06:30 PM
link   
Karma will come back around on a person.

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join