It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police caught on tape threatening to destroy and invent evidence

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2007 @ 06:29 AM
link   
When Fenline (whatever) the Nasty Mouthed Cop realized he was being recorded, his whole demeanor began to soften and he melted right down into a rather dull Officer Friendly.

If I were a teenage male of any race, I would have a camera mounted in my car with a good audio microphone to pick up outside and at the trunk or hood conversations. Make the cop identify himself several times during the conversation, too. "Excuse me, officer, what did you say your name was again?" Or repeat the officer's name several times during the conversation. Your lawyer will need that information.

It is better to forgive and walk away after confronting such a jerk cop, but if the cop goes too far, he has to be removed from the force for his own good as well as the people he is suppose to protect and serve.

[edit on 12-9-2007 by Fullcamo]

posted on Sep, 12 2007 @ 06:35 AM
link   
got the camera, now i just need a mount

maybe i can get some decent stock footage anyhow - ha.

posted on Sep, 12 2007 @ 08:37 AM
link   
It is clear this cop is out of line buy acting the way he did and it seems he is a frustrated old cop who is more than likely burned out. My question is who drives around in the middle of the night with a fixed camera recording there every move, listening to some kind of scanner?
I certainely believe Mr. Darrow was out to prove a point (which he did).
Cops are not always the sharpest tools in the shed.

posted on Sep, 12 2007 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by miantve1
My question is who drives around in the middle of the night with a fixed camera recording there every move, listening to some kind of scanner?
I certainely believe Mr. Darrow was out to prove a point (which he did).
Cops are not always the sharpest tools in the shed.

the driver posted on a local forum that the reason for the camera is that he was given a speeding ticket at one point, and it was his word against the cop. This is why the camera is pointed at his spedometer. if he was trying to tape the police, instead he would have it pointed out the side window, or etc. But as you notice, its perfectly positioned to show his speed and blinkers.

posted on Sep, 12 2007 @ 09:31 AM
link   
CNN Headline news is just playing this story now. They played the tape for about 10 seconds!

Edit: forgot the headline news part

[edit on 12-9-2007 by djpaec]

posted on Sep, 12 2007 @ 10:03 AM
link   
An Update on St George Missouri from newspaper this morning. Thought I might share this with everyone. www.stltoday.com...

posted on Sep, 12 2007 @ 10:17 AM
link   
This is telling...

Chief Uhrig said Kuehnlein stopped to talk to Darrow because police have received reports of thefts from cars in the area. But, Uhrig said, based on his viewing of the online video, the officer acted inappropriately when he threatened to make up charges, and used a disrespectful tone and inappropriate language.

So, while there are those who talk about malfeasance (perhaps) & perjury (sorry, I don't see this) and the 4th ammendment (no search was done, not sure how this was violated), Chief Uhrig will only go so far as to say the officer acted inappropriately. He doesn't state that there was any criminal misconduct.

It may very well be true that this officer did, in fact, commit a crime in all of those categories mentioned, but the fact that the Chief of police states that his actions we're only "inappropriate" as compared to criminal leads me to believe that this officer won't be going to court for his actions.

I am glad that this is getting some air time on major news outlets. As I stated earlier, the public's perception will play a major part in what happens to this officer. Perhaps criminal charges will be brought up if enough people complain.

[edit on 12-9-2007 by Freenrgy2]

posted on Sep, 12 2007 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by sp00n1
The officer had no reason to use this type of intimidation. If his intimidation were in any way reasonable, he would have no reason to be afraid of the camera.

And the fact that he has to lie about why he had probable cause... He kept reaching, one reason after another. Obviously the excuses he's coming up with at the end of the video can't be the probable cause in the beginning, even if any of them were true.

If he thought the kid is a car thief then why not sit back and watch for a while? If he's a thief what good will come from confronting him unless he's in the middle of a crime?

It seems clear that the officer was over zealous to instigate a problem.

I agree that the office had no reason to act like this. Again, I'm not supporting the actions of the officer...just want that to be crystal clear. I'm making a comment that I don't see (becaue I'm not that well versed in the law) where he broke the law. I see a serious attitude issue, threats and intimidation. But whether or not his actions are criminal, I can't answer. If he actually went through with his threats then, yes, the officer would have broken the law many times over.

Now you have other people coming forward to complain about this officer for similar scenarios. Don't know the statue of limitations (if there even is one) on this and whether or not they could all join together with their complaints against this officer. That would certainly show pattern of abuse and misconduct on the officer's part and make the possibility of criminal misconduct more of a reality.

posted on Sep, 12 2007 @ 11:32 AM
link   
Freenergy, I do believe that when the officer opened the car door without permission that he broke the law. It would be similiar to a cop coming up to the door of your house, and deciding to open your door and demand you come outside. It does break the 4th amendment right to search and seizure because even though he only opened the door, it can still be considered conducting a search. The reason being is when he opens the door he may see a shotgun or a bong which he otherwise wouldn't have seen. That is a search, even if its just opening the door.

The reason they tell you to only roll your window down a few inches is to minimize visibility for the officer so he cannot call reasonable cause most of the time. By opening the door, you give him alot of chance to get reasonable cause for a full search. That is why they tell you to close the door behind you and lock it. if the door is left open he can do a full search.

But from what I can tell the officer opened the door without permission, and then told him to get out. In which case, the officer just violated his 4th amendment right.

posted on Sep, 12 2007 @ 11:49 AM
link   
The whole thing would have been swept under the rug alright, if the kid had not had recordings..proof. The chief would have backed the cop up when the filthy pig lied about the whole thing later, and we never would have heard about it. Think about that; citizens have to arm themselves with cameras and recording devices to protect ourselves from out of control, vicious and lying cops. Isn't that just great? Makes you proud to be an American, doesn't it?

The really exceptional part of this is the fact that the Chief actually is doing the right thing, to a degree. he should FIRE that piece of human filth of a pig and the DA should look into criminal charges against the cop, for sure. He illegally detained a citizen, lied and threatened him, and committed several other offenses..whether or not they are illegal is for a judge and jury to decide, but for SURE the kid has a case for FEDERAL court and a juicy civil rights lawsuit. The cop should be sued personally; if his car and home and savings were taken , and he was reduced to washing dishes or flipping burgers for a living, maybe he would realize the errors of his ways and repent for being a bad citizen, bad cop, and a scummy human being.

I would LOVE to see that dirty coward and bully of a cop crying his eyes out after losing everything he owns, or ever will own, because of his actions. That would thrill me. To see a bully brought down to size is always gratifying and this filthy pig needs a lesson in humility and humanity before he gets away with his crimes against the society and the kid he committed. Cops are ALL like this one; at least 99% of all cops will PERJURE themselves, lie without shame, violate the laws, and destroy lives all because they consider themselves above the law; they think they ARE the law!! Just read what this cop says to the kid and if that doesn't make you sick then you are just as demented as that dirty cop.

It may come down to arming ourselves against the cops in this nation, and not with cameras..we may have to become very aggressive when protecting ourselves in the future. Sad to say, we are almost there now. I recall a guy a few years ago that was found NOT GUILTY of murder when he shot a cop that had burst in his home, the wrong address, as usual, and never identified himself, and got shot to death for his mistakes. The homeowner was charged, of course, but the jury saw the truth and threw the charge out; he should NEVER have been charged but when you kill a cop they always assume you are guilty no matter the facts..cops are like golden goose's to the scum that rule us; they are the enforcers for bad laws and crooked politicians and so are treated better than us.

If we do nnot fight back, either with cameras and recordings or force, we will find ourselves being victimized by the fascist pigs just like this kid was, and worse. Cops MURDER all the time in this nation, and get away with it. Most of the time there are no witnesses, other than the cops, and so they get away with MURDER plain and simple.Too bad there isn't a force of well funded and trained and committed people who would go around and rectify the crimes the cops committ; if a few cops started truning up missing after they violated the rights of the people, the others might take notice and watch their manners and illegal actions, you think?

Cops respect NOTHING except: Force, lawsuits and attention in the media. So use whatever you have to to get them on the hot seat if they violate your rights. SUE the filth in Federal court, file complaints with their department, write letters to the editor lambasting the dirty dogs actions, and if ever threatened with deadly force without cause by a murdering pig, do not hesitate to defend yourself: Remember the old saying:

" BETTER TRIED BY TWELVE THAN CARRIED BY SIX ". Better to face a trial for saving your own life than be buried six feet under after being murdered by some deranged, filthy, sick, twisted and vicious pig. Cops are worth NOTHING when it comes right down to it; when they are the enemy, have no mercy. And they ARE the enemy in this nation, right now. Just read the reports of police crimes against the people if you think that this is a exception rather than the rule.

Cop worshipping morons who are willing victims and who support these mad dog scum are beyond redemption and should be considered along with the cops when it boils down to the real issues. Anyone who supports cops is either a total coward or is as sick as they are, no question. No decent person could possible support a lying, cheating, intimidating, criminal with a badge and those who do deserve their fate also. Let them line up with the cops if they are so weak and empty that they cannot see the horros coming for us all; they are enemies also.

Never give the cops ANY more than the absolute minimum and never give in to their lies. The only problem I have with the way the kid handled the event at hand is that he acted scared and whined and pleaded..that gives the filth more courage..The kid should have said " OK, lets go to jail!!". Call the liars bluff!! Always be ready to go to jail, it is your chance to really get the cop where it will hurt him. The FEAR of jail is a weapon the filth uses against us, show NO FEAR and call their bluff and see how fast the fools figure out that you are too hot to handle and release you.

Cops want EASY pickings, people who give in and say SIR and MA'AM and scrape and bow...these dirty scum deserve NO respect and no slack and if you give them any they will run you into the ground. Give em hell and see the cops run!! When you have the law on your side you need not fear the filth. Never talk to cops, always get a lawyer, and never show any fear. Cops HATE it when they run into a real player; they know they are not able to get around the law with them and they back off. I have sen it many times.

The best way to get a cop to back down is to just say " Ok, whatever you want to do is fine, I am ready to call my attorney as soon as we get to the jail". No problem, Officer, I am looking forward to hearing you explain all this to the judge and jury. By the way, I am filing a Federal civil rights lawsuit on you as soon as I get bailed out. See you in Court!!". The cop will rub his protruding brow and think before he violates you if you know the law and never fear the lying filth. Show NO fear and you will win!!

posted on Sep, 12 2007 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by grimreaper797
Freenergy, I do believe that when the officer opened the car door without permission that he broke the law. It would be similiar to a cop coming up to the door of your house, and deciding to open your door and demand you come outside. It does break the 4th amendment right to search and seizure because even though he only opened the door, it can still be considered conducting a search. The reason being is when he opens the door he may see a shotgun or a bong which he otherwise wouldn't have seen. That is a search, even if its just opening the door.

The reason they tell you to only roll your window down a few inches is to minimize visibility for the officer so he cannot call reasonable cause most of the time. By opening the door, you give him alot of chance to get reasonable cause for a full search. That is why they tell you to close the door behind you and lock it. if the door is left open he can do a full search.

But from what I can tell the officer opened the door without permission, and then told him to get out. In which case, the officer just violated his 4th amendment right.

I'm not disputing this if this, in fact, happened.

Going by the written transcript made by the invidual stopped he says this:

Officer #1: You want me -- You wanna come out of the car? Come on out. Come on out.

1:32
[I exit the vehicle]

Nowhere in the transcript is it mentioned that the officer put his hands on the door or even opened the door. The transcript provided by the individual does state that officer "leans into the car and yells". So, if there is some plane that he broke that consitutes an illegal search then, yes, he broke the law.

Where do you see or where did you hear that the officer opened the door? I'm curious because I wouldn't find it hard to believe that as this story is told facts are lost and bits and pieces of the story are embellished to further support claims of the officer breaking the law.

I'm not trying to get myself flammed, but I am going strictly by the written transcript. If the individual states in a transcript that they exited the vehicle and there is no mention of the officer opening the door, then I can
only assume that the individual opened the door and exited the vehicle.

posted on Sep, 12 2007 @ 11:57 AM
link   
By the way, it is NOT true that a cop can legally search your car if you leave the door open or unlocked. the cop is supposed to ask for CONSENT to search. If you refuse consent, then often the dirty dogs will search anyway and hope you do not object or sue. If you leave a car door standing wide open, some cops will claim from that that you really wanted him to search and didn't mind because you left the door open. The judge would decide the facts of any individual case, but the cops do NOT automatically get CONSENT just because you did not shut a car door; if a cop assumes this, you can challenge this in court and claim a 4th amendment violation.

Of COURSE the best thing to do is ordered out of a car is to close and lock the door behind you, that is the smart thing to do to limit the excuses the filth can use to violate your rights. The cops are ALWAYS looking for ways to violate our rights, and they push the limits all the time, that is why they can never be trsuted and never be believed. They are against our having rights; most cops HATE the fact that we have rights at all, they want TOTAL power over the people, and that is a fact. When a savvy citizen actually uses his rights, the cops hate that as well; they hate anything that limits their power and ability to abuse us.

But there is NO LAW and NO court decisions that state that if you leave a car door open they can legally search you, no way. Leaving your car door open is dumb because a lying cop, typical, will say that he thought you would not mind since you left it open..But the lawyers and judges all know that is crap and a lie; the cops are notorious liars as everyone knows that sees them day in and day out. Sit in a courtroom for a few days and listen to the cases, it is easy to tell when the cops are lying; their lips move!!

posted on Sep, 12 2007 @ 12:06 PM
link   
reply to post by eyewitness86

Careful with statements such as this:

It may come down to arming ourselves against the cops in this nation, and not with cameras..we may have to become very aggressive when protecting ourselves in the future.

I understand where you are coming from, but use your head. Exhaust all other possibilities first.

Another poster made a comment about the police looking at the public as combatants in the future if martial law were enacted. Nobody should ever be viewed as a combatant for standing up for your rights. However, arming yourself against cops can and will get you viewed as a combatant.

posted on Sep, 12 2007 @ 12:11 PM
link   
"from my cold dead hands." - last words from a civilian "combatant" when attempting to protect 2nd amendment rights.

posted on Sep, 12 2007 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by scientist
"from my cold dead hands." - last words from a civilian "combatant" when attempting to protect 2nd amendment rights.

Whoa, don't confuse my comment about arming yourself AGAINST a cop to mean that I don't support the 2nd Amendment. There is a HUGE difference. This thread isn't about gun control so let's not make it one.

And, aside from Heston's address at the 2000 NRA convention, what is the origin of the phrase "From my cold dead hands"?

[edit on 12-9-2007 by Freenrgy2]

posted on Sep, 12 2007 @ 12:32 PM
link   
reply to post by sp00n1

This makes me so upset. I almost cried with frustration when listening to this. I wanted to do the same thing with a camera and mic and secure source in my car and have not had the money yet. This is indicative of the same treatment received all across the nation. I have been treated suspicious for nothing from police in California, Wisconsin, and Austin, TX just from my personal experience.

I SINCERELY HOPE that this is picked up my the mainstream media, and that FORMAL OPRESSION CHARGES are filed against Sgt. Kenline. This kid did nothing wrong, as you can see in the video he used his turn signals and was immediately questioned upon arrival to a commuter parking lot.

In the position of JUDGE ON THE STREET that Police Officers and Law Enforcement face, it is their DUTY to treat people with the utmost respect and uphold the Constitution of the United States of America, and realize that the government in this country once derived it power FROM THE PEOPLE, NOT SELF-GIVEN TO OPPRESS THE PEOPLE!

posted on Sep, 12 2007 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Just saw on MSNBC,that the officer is now on unpaid suspension.
Chalk 1 up for the good guys

posted on Sep, 12 2007 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Freenrgy2

Originally posted by scientist

Whoa, don't confuse my comment about arming yourself AGAINST a cop to mean that I don't support the 2nd Amendment. There is a HUGE difference. This thread isn't about gun control so let's not make it one.

And, aside from Heston's address at the 2000 NRA convention, what is the origin of the phrase "From my cold dead hands"?

heh, not targeted at you - just making a statement - as if, once the police join the military and have no concern for civilian life, it truly will be us against them, and the ONLY form of resistance will be fight or flight. The former would be much easier with a sidearm.

Agreed, keep the thread on topic.

posted on Sep, 12 2007 @ 01:01 PM
link   
in reply to dj messiah...ever hear of a fuse?

posted on Sep, 12 2007 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Nobody is talking about sniping at cops; what I am saying is that what difference does it make if a HOME INVASION takes place by a thug with a badge or a thug without a badge? How is it better for you is it is a cop that is smashing your door in without a warning or indentifying themselves or having a WARRANT? You can get killed by a cop as easy as by a robber.Dead is dead.

The only difference is in what happens afterward; if you are murdered by a cop ( and it happens a lot) the cop will have a 99% chance of walking away from it with no problems. The crook will get put to death or thrown in a prison if he does it. If there is no video ( or video that survives the destruction of the cops ) then the word of the cop will suffice and they all say the same thing: " The guy made a movement toward his waistband and I thought he was going for a gun and so I shot him fifteen times so I and my fellow officers could be safe ". The fact that no gun was found would mean nothing, of course. And the fact that no one in their right mind would make a ' furtive gesture ' while a cop in a black ski mask was pointing an assault weapon in their face would be just an inconvenient bother that would be ignored; they just call it ' suicide by cop "!!

Thats right, if they murder you, and you are unarmed, and the evidence shows that you would be highly unlikley to make a sudden movement and force the cop to shoot you,( especially when there is nothing to reach for!!!), then the cops just say that you must have been crazy, mentally unbalanced and wanting to die!! its YOUR fault!! You forced a perfectly decent, peaceful, trained officer to do what he prayed he would NEVER have to do..kill a human being..and all because ytou were so selfish and unstable that you could not committ suicide yourself and had to get some poor cop to do it for you!! Don't youi see the sympathy oozing through the depaertment as the cop, not shaken and upset over his being FORCED to shoot, not takes a paid holiday to ' heal ' from the encounter!!

Think that doesn't happen? You are wrong; that happens all too frequently. Granted, it is not an epidemic, but it should NEVER happen at all. Many times cops kill at the drop of a hat, and then have to ' clean it up ' so nasty lawsuits and bad publicity don't get in the way of ' crime control '.

Now , keeping THAT in mind, would you consider it radical to imagine that YOU might become a victim of a police raid gone bad? Is that such a stretch for anyone in this day and age? You might be at the home of a new aqauintance and know little about them, or be in a public place, or your vehicle, or home, and suddenly be confronted by armed men with itchy trigger fingers and a militaristic attitude, thanks to new training methods that parrot the armed forces.

If a cop comes crashing in on you, and you do not protect yourself , you may well end up as another statistic, some poor sucker in the wrong place at the wrong time..and you can bet that the cop who wastes you will probably get a medal for being brave enough to carry on after being forced to remove the obvious threat you presented to them. Ever wonder WHY the cops HATE to carry cameras? Cops hate cameras because of the things they do and the way they operate.

Cops SHOULD carry video cameras and record ever raid they do; but they resist this for obvious reasons. They do NOT want us to see what they do, because it often is illegal and immoral as well.They do NOT want a record of the raids being kept as then they would be unable to invent lies on the spot to cover their pals who make a ' little error ' and shoot people who did not deserve to be shot. Hey, bad stuff happens, right? Why should a ' good cop ' get in trouble just because some ' civilian ' happened to have a bad day, huh? So easy to just stick to the story..

So if I by chance am present when men of any type and any occupation come bursting in my door or window without making sure I know they have a right to do so, then I am unwilling to just sit there and HOPE that they are all in good moods and well trained and able to put the adrenaline rush on hold and not shoot me needlessly...sorry, the odds are too great that I will end up in a box, and before that happens I will at least try to survive, even if that means aggressive resistance by any and all means necessary.

I will NOT assume that the intruders are legitimate and not there to harm me unless THEY present to me in a manner that assures me of their intent being non-threatening. They had better announce their intent and authority BEFORE crashing in on me or I will, for survivals sake, assume they are there to take my life and or property and that is always just cause for using deadly force. Onl;y then. I would not want such a thing to happen at all; God forbid. But is it did, better them than me, for sure. Better tried by twelve, than carried by six, yes? Always.

So if the cops will not stop acting like brutal morons that deserve no respect, we must be ready for encountering abusive, nasty, aggressive, armed and dangerous brutes who care nothing about the law or your rights; their power trips have made them above your ability to control, so just survive and never act rashly or in the heat of the moment. A trained and determined person can protect themselves and their properties just fine and without unnecessary force. No one wants anyone to get hurt, but the fact is that cops today are willing to hurt you in far greater numbers than ever before and for far less serious reasons.

Be prepared, be ready and able, and follow the law. But never allow yourself to become a statistic laying in a box because you hesitated when you had real and true cause to defend yourself. That is a true tragedy in all ways.The cops are NOT our friends anymore, they must be regarded as suspicios at all time, and knowing and using your rights is always the best way to keep them.

new topics

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join