It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

92 Year Old Woman Goes Out Shooting When Cops Kick Down the Door(Update)

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2006 @ 11:34 PM
link   
Read for yourself.

abcnews.go.com...

92-year-old woman was shot to death Tuesday after she fired at three narcotics officers trying to serve a warrant at her house, officials said.

Neighbors and relatives said it must have been a case of mistaken identity. Police said they had the right address.

Police said the woman, whose name was not released, was the only person home at the time, and had lived there for about 17 years.

This woman shot three cops after they busted into her house serving a warrant. The officers maintain they had the right home, but I'm skeptical, to say the least.

Maybe some younger people were taking advantage of this woman and using her home to move drugs?

Or maybe the cops just got the wrong house as they often do.

I'm very interested to know more about this story as it develops.

Lord knows if they failed to identify themselves, or if she was hard of hearing, the fact that she shot at them could be seen as self defense, a normal reaction to having your home invaded.

I do remember a story about an elderly man in Chicago who had tons of drugs stashed in his walls, along with a bunch of cash and some guns. So, the elderly aren't automatically innocent, but I think it's pretty rare to come across a geriatric drug dealer. Not unheard of, but rare.

If it comes out that the cops had the wrong home, there's going to be Hell to pay. At least she got off some shots and gave them something to remember her by, if that's the case. :shk:

I suspect there may be more to this than a case of mistaken identity though. Hopefully we'll find out more before the memory hole swallows this story.

More information in this case. The informant who claimed to have bought drugs at the house from a man named Sam has now retracted that claim - he says he was convinced to lie about the drug buy (presumably after things went bad). This reinforces the idea that the cops likely had the wrong house.

www.cnn.com...

In an interview with Atlanta's WAGA-TV, the informant said he had never been to Johnston's house.

"I'm telling them, I never went to the house," the informant told the station. "The police can't say I ever went to the house."

The informant then said police called him and told him "you need to cover our ass."

:shk:

I'm going to take the liberty of posting this information at the end of this thread as well, since it will most likely never be seen otherwise.

[edit on 28-11-2006 by WyrdeOne]

posted on Nov, 21 2006 @ 11:53 PM
link   
A 92 year old woman living alone in a house would most definitely react this way, seeing people enter her home without her knowing who they are. She could have easily feared for her safety as soon as she heard someone was trying to kick her door down, and shot at the door for fear of her life. For all she knew, a burglar could have been trying to break in her home.

There are many things the police officers could have done to avoid this situation, such as calling in the SWAT, calling for back up, or assessing the situation before shooting inside, without knowing if there are any children or civilians in there.

[edit on 21-11-2006 by DJMessiah]

posted on Nov, 22 2006 @ 12:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by WyrdeOne
Lord knows if they failed to identify themselves

i don't think police have to identify themselves when serving a search warrant...

i could be wrong though...

posted on Nov, 22 2006 @ 12:10 AM
link   
Im pretty sure they do have to announce themselves as they kick down your door ..... (but i cant say 100pc, maybe varies state to state?)

If not there would be lots more dead cops, what would you do if you happened to be cleaning your gun as your door was being kicked in ? Youd probly shoot at them to !

posted on Nov, 22 2006 @ 12:23 AM
link   
Nice just nice. The DEA and narcotics agents have been raiding the wrong homes way to long now. Breaking down doors of the elderly has happened a few times. 92. This woman lived 92 years to have some cops that broke down her door and scared her to the point she shot them.

"My aunt was in good health. I'm sure she panicked when they kicked that door down," Dozier said. "There was no reason they had to go in there and shoot her down like a dog."

There is no excuse for this, and if the "bootlickers" come and state some half baked jackboot loving ideas about this woman being a front or some other crud shame on them!! They killed a 92 year old woman! Is this war on America/war on drugs worth this stuff?

Just re-read the article and saw that they were plainsclothes agents. So I guess she must of been pretty scared too open fire....

[edit on 22-11-2006 by LoneGunMan]

posted on Nov, 22 2006 @ 12:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by NumberCruncher
Im pretty sure they do have to announce themselves as they kick down your door ..... (but i cant say 100pc, maybe varies state to state?)

They will announce it when knocking on the door, or if the warrant is for a serious felony, only after knocking the door down with guns drawn. At 92 years old, I doubt this woman could have heard them knocking on the door, as well as any of us would. There's a possibility that the police broke the door down, because she didn't answer it.

posted on Nov, 22 2006 @ 02:18 AM
link   
I don't know whether they announced their presence or not, but I believe the Supreme Court has ruled that police do not have to do so before breaking down a door.

posted on Nov, 22 2006 @ 07:09 AM
link   
I can't wait for more to come out on this story...

I think it would be funny if she turned out to be the drug dealer....

These cops didn't shoot first and ask questions later... they were fired upon and returned fire, just as they're supposed to do.

Do you really want police officers protecting you, that are affraid of returning fire?
I don't think so.

posted on Nov, 22 2006 @ 07:37 AM
link   
Yeah you go out in style grandma!

If this is a case of wrong house / wrong person..... then I struggle to think of a cheque big enough to convince this ladies family from dragging them through every crap pile in the road on the way to a court..

BUT....If it is the right house and the right person... well now, Grandma went down fighting, and for me, wow thats viva la resistance!

You gotta have respect for a 92 year old who goes down boots on gun in hand...right or wrong..... man, 92 and went down fighting. Thats what i call spirited.

posted on Nov, 22 2006 @ 08:07 AM
link   
This doesn't make sense

How much time did she have to grab the gun? Was she strapped the whole time? Does she have her gun ready when Jahova's Witnesses come to the door?

This is absolutely crazy, but that's how I want to go out. 92 and shooting at cops that come busting down my door.

"Top of the world Ma!!!!"

posted on Nov, 22 2006 @ 08:09 AM
link   
Wonder if she had Thug Life tattoo across her stomach.

posted on Nov, 22 2006 @ 08:33 AM
link   
I read about this last night. Definatly needs to have someone look into this to find out what happend so it does not happen again.

I bet the cops are more embaressed that a 92-year old woman was able to hit 3 of them. That's better aim then the cops usually have...

posted on Nov, 22 2006 @ 08:34 AM
link   
What type of gun did she have?

posted on Nov, 22 2006 @ 08:43 AM
link   
I'm picturing a tech 9. Chances are it was some sort of revolver though. I bet she was old school like that.

posted on Nov, 22 2006 @ 08:44 AM
link   
Probably a MAC-10!

"you ain't never gonna take me alive Pig Boy!"

I'm sorry, this for me is superb sublime aspect of life in a nutshell...

They look at the warrant, see a 92 year old female...thought it would be great to go all Rambo and boot in the door...

To be greeted by a wall of lead!

"We sent in two units!"

"No Lieutenant your men are already dead"

lol Trinity went down fighting..................

posted on Nov, 22 2006 @ 08:45 AM
link   
Well as sad as it seems the lesson learn is. . .

That even if you are Innocent . . . police has the right to burst into your home, be the right address or not.

If you are Innocent and the people bursting into your home do not announce themselves and you try to defend yourself thinking is a criminal to rob you, you either have to kill or be killed and either way you as a citizen have not Rights and will lose your life.

Scary times in our nation. Even if is random occurrences.

These people get to investigate before doing something like this so is not excusses about having the wrong house and the wrong person.

Somebody is death and how can it defend herself now after been death?

Pityful.

posted on Nov, 22 2006 @ 09:19 AM
link   
One of the first things you're taught or should be taught when learning to use a firearm is..... know your target. Know what you are shooting or shooting at and your surroundings...

sounds like the door opened and she immediately started firing.... she didn't know what or who she was shooting at.

posted on Nov, 22 2006 @ 09:30 AM
link   
Good for her!

92 and your door gets booted violently in... your gonna be thinking lifes about to end.... so take some of those buggers with you!

She shot and hit them - good. At 92, she deserved better than that from the Police.
They should of sent a unit along, knocked on the door and spoke to her. If she then fired at the door with it shut because it was the police, then fine, shoot her dead...

But here on ATS we said that this new 'no notice no identification' policy will get Police shot at... seems we were right.

posted on Nov, 22 2006 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rasobasi420
How much time did she have to grab the gun? Was she strapped the whole time? Does she have her gun ready when Jahova's Witnesses come to the door?

Good point! Most 92 yr old ladies don't pack heat...but you never know these days. It can go either way...she lived in a bad neighborhood and needed the protection from thugs, gang bangers, etc...., or she was doing illegal acts and needed a gun protect her drugs or whatever.

From the source:

The officers had a legal warrant, "knocked and announced" before they forced open the door and were justified in shooting once fired upon, he said.

Like WyrdeOne said, she could have been hard of hearing and confused the cops for a couple of local thugs.

I need more info before I can say who I think is at fault....if anyone is at fault.

posted on Nov, 22 2006 @ 09:38 AM
link   
Let's be realistic here, she's lived a long and hopefully fruitful life. I think it's kind of funny that Granny went out blastin'.

Those narcotics officers must have been like
when they saw Aunt B blastin'.

Peace

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join