It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK Expands Surveillance!

page: 9
<< 6  7  8   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2007 @ 03:30 AM
link   
Quite alot of people in the UK are obsessed with being famous, especially the younger generation. There's no getting away from big brother and other reality TV shows which have unfortunately killed the art of family conversation and turned quite alot of people nto TV zombies. Most people seem to spend all their time watching this drivel and when there not watching reality TV. They are in front of their webcams doing god knows what or writing about their latest exploits on E-Space for all to see. These people would gladly sell their soul to the devil just to be famous or to be the centre of attention. If Gordon Brown announced tomorrow that he wanted to put TV cameras in everyones homes, these people would nodoubt think it was cool. After all most of these people believe if you value privacy, then you obviously have something to hide and therefore you must be upto no good. Privacy is a minority sport and soon there won't be any at all. Welcome to Big Brother and our bleak technological future.

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 05:32 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 05:33 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 05:35 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 05:36 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 05:37 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 06:10 AM
link   
reply to post by kozmo

We balance the scales of liberty and security differently from our American cousins. Most of us like CCTV, i know i do, I usually walk home on a route at night I know is covered almost 100% by CCTV. I have a relative in Glasgow who was attacked by a gang of youths and the whole thing was caught on CCTV, the CCTV operator called the police who caught the attackers and prevented my relative being severely injured.

We don’t have the same paranoia about the Government spying on us like you do in America.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 08:13 AM
link   
reply to post by kevinunknown

Yea but I think the worry is that more and more are popping up and before you know it they will be everywhere monitoring every little thing we do, listening to anything they want to hear us say and even being able to look through our clothes!!!

I hate when people say 'if you have nothing to hide why worry?' Thats a dumb argument. Does that mean then the police could come into your home and look around because if you have nothing to hide you shouldn't worry? I like my privacy be it at home or when im talking to a friend walking through the street and treating us all like criminals when we've done nothing wrong isn't right and with the number of CCTV going up what if it doesnt stop till each house has one staring directly at them? Then whats next? Inside the house etc? It seems extreme but thats where it eventually is guna lead to.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 08:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by clintdelicious
I hate when people say 'if you have nothing to hide why worry?' Thats a dumb argument.

Yep so right, look what uk gov and police did to my life. Not one crime in 19 years, and i could not live a moment with non stop surveillance, for nothing. These police should be in prison for effectively murdering my life. Oh what you say if you have nothing to hide, police should be able to torture you and spy on you non stop.

You people who say that should live my life, to see what effect it has on your life. Every clown under the sun perving into your life telling you what happened in your life, when nothing happened in your life. My life has shown that people should mind there own business as they are too dunce to monitor a person and get any facts right.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 12:58 PM
link   
reply to post by clintdelicious

Your argument would work fine, but that’s not what’s happening. The police are not just going into random people’s homes and such. You have just taken it to the extreme, and I would agree with you that would be too far however it is not the reality just now and as such I do not agree with anything you have said.

Andy,

I have reached the conclusion that everything you say is lies, and as such refuse to believe anything you say. You have become an annoyance. I get fed up of reading about your life on every ATS post your write, please do us all a favour write a thread about it, then stop going on and on about it.

top topics

<< 6  7  8   >>

join