It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How did God come into existence?

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2010 @ 06:56 PM
link   
reply to post by metalholic

everything come and goes from somewhere...when a blackhole vaccums everything around it where does the light go? obviously to us it would seem like maybe the light gets bent the gravitational pull bends the light so that it does not escape..but all the mass and substance has to go somewhere!

at the center of every galaxy there is a blackhole 1/3rd the size of that galaxy...how do we know that these blackholes doesnt take everything it sucks up here and deposits it in another galaxy which would be in another universe and everything we are made up of hasnt came from another universe where a blackhole did as it does here

we know nothing when it comes to this stuff we can only speculate

I absolutely agree with you on this, bearing in mind, this little universe is what we experience, yet is Not all that some experience or for that matter can when certain knowledge is discovered and understood.

If we consider the absolute Centre of say the contents contained within a circle, the Centre has No Size or Shape. Yet you and I know the Centre still exists. And as the Centre has No Size or Shape you could say that Nothing exists because it has No Size or Shape ???

You see ALL is Created through a Geometric Algorithm we call a Paradox.

To understand we need to understand this Algorithm in order to find it's Origin and thus discover what is behind the All.

And we have the capacity to understand such things, seeing we are a Part of it all.

Like the Circle and its Centre, being Nothing Yet Something, ALL has come from a similar origin…

Nothing which is in fact Something.

The Paradox as you know contains the Opposites.

You can't have Nothing without Something...

And You can't have Something without Nothing....

The Mind behaves like a Comparator in many ways...

We only have Left because of the Right.
We only have white because of the Black
We only have Big because of the Small

So ALL has its Opposite Thus the Exposure of the Paradox.

Like Matter and Anti Matter.

But How do we find Out is the Question ???

Some suggest we don't need to...

But if we wish to cross Galaxies to explore our environment we need to know these things...

Perhaps some actually know ???

But the Human Species does NOT want to know or understand….

Because it brings in that question of what LIFE really is, and NOT what the human species wants it to be ???

posted on Mar, 13 2010 @ 06:56 PM
link   
reply to post by metalholic

Conjecture. Not all cultures were religious.

posted on Mar, 13 2010 @ 07:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Sover3igN

Where the End is, there the beginning is Also.

And where The Beginning is There the End is Also...

Reminds me of a CD....

The Contents is stored Statically... When the Disc is placed in a player, the contents becomes sequential.

But the beginning, the end, and the in between exist as one on the disc.

It is The Product of the Paradox.

Hence it never finishes.

posted on Mar, 13 2010 @ 07:10 PM
link   
It is the Geometric Algorithm of the Paradox, that needs to be Understood First...

INZ

You can read the Form as Letters..... it means Nothing at all....

But if you understand the geometric message i.e. The Algorithm involved, then you can understand The Paradox...

[edit on 13-3-2010 by The Matrix Traveller]

posted on Mar, 13 2010 @ 07:13 PM
link   
reply to post by davesidious

name an ancient man who was not starting with sumerian all the way to olmecs,egyptians,aztecs,incas..in that time every city had a temple for a god!

posted on Mar, 13 2010 @ 11:09 PM
link   
reply to post by davesidious

Obviously popularity is not what determines truth, if that was the case then I dont know what kind of world we would be living in as a result of the liberal and conservative crazies out there.

What I am saying is that these people, uncontaminated by faulty science and theory, deducted that there was a god or gods based on what they saw in creation around them.

posted on Mar, 13 2010 @ 11:13 PM
link   
Another question to make some people think a bit that goes along with the OP...

Many of us have been trying to answer how or when God was created Himself. I would say that he has always existed, and that time is a part of the created universe. There was no time before creation. How it works, I dont know, but I'm not God.

The question this makes me ponder is this...

Where did God create the universe?

If both time and space are created things, how does that all work together?

I'm working on my theory with this, as I have a theory about time itself and its actual non-existence, or at least it being very different from what we typically think of it as. I think I discussed it a bit earlier, I'll type it back up later though, need to get to bed.

Peace.

posted on Mar, 13 2010 @ 11:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by ArioK
With these, He directed the first and the most gigantic atomic explosion of all time - what certain people on Earth call The Big Bang. The Great Spirit was at its center and induced it. Darkness was gone and the Universe was creating itself according to the will of The Great Spirit.

The Great Spirit was thus, is still, and always will be, at the center of the Universe for He is the Master and Creator of it...

So "where" was The Great Spirit BEFORE he created the universe? Note this is not a question about God, it is a question about space/time/dimensionality. What is "outside" of the universe? Is it another dimension? Is the lack of a universe or dimension a sort of dimension in itself? Is the answer even within our comprehension?

Edit: Mykahel, I just noticed your post posed a similar question. I swear I didn't read it before I posted! It's good to see that at least other people are able to ask what the void surrounding the creation point of the universe was like.

[edit on 13-3-2010 by Blazer]

posted on Mar, 13 2010 @ 11:46 PM
link   
Notice how every post in this thread, comes down to science or imagination. All that we have to work with.
I marvel at the expression of the concious mind of men (and women).
We havent begun to understand our own conciousness yet, yet here we are coming up with grandiose ideas about the ultimate question.
Perhaps everything we experience is no more than a construct of the mind? Perhaps the mind itself is God, or God is the mind/conciousness.
If God is simply conciousness expanding, does that quantify the universe and all within and without?
Real itself is a concept. Are your imaginings real? They come into existance (from where?) the moment you imagine them.
How does a boat builder come up with plans for a marvelous new boat that has never been built before? Was the idea always there somewhere, waiting to be imagined?
Did the mona lisa always exist, waiting to bought into being by the hand of an artist?
I think the concious mind and its workings are the greatest mystery, never mind ideas that spring from within it.
What if you woke one morning in a strange place, surrounded by strange people, and were told you had been in a coma for thirty years.
You are shown a mirror and indeed, a stranger looks back. You are told your entire life to that point never happened, total fiction of a comatose mind, filling the gaps.
Millions of memorys, just as real as you beleive them to be, and entire existance, created by the mind.

People have experienced this, such is the power of the mind. Yet we look 'out there' for answers?

posted on Mar, 13 2010 @ 11:52 PM
link   
reply to post by wayaboveitall

Notice how every post in this thread, comes down to science or imagination. All that we have to work with.
I marvel at the expression of the concious mind of men (and women).
We havent begun to understand our own conciousness yet, yet here we are coming up with grandiose ideas about the ultimate question.
Perhaps everything we experience is no more than a construct of the mind? Perhaps the mind itself is God, or God is the mind/conciousness.

Now you are onto it...

posted on Mar, 13 2010 @ 11:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Blazer

Thanks for the edit, and as you said it is good to see others thinking these same things.

Wanted to post a reply real quick to somewhat explain what I am thinking

We have to remember that time is a measurement of a dimension. An hour has no form or physical representative. It is a measurement based off of regular, consistent events. The same is held true for a meter. A meter is simply a measurement of something. Specifically the amount of space it takes up in one dimension (length, width or height).

If there was no matter existing, there would be nothing to measure. You would not need a meter or foot, or space at all for that matter. I am thinking the same is true for time. If there was no matter or activity, you could not measure the amount of time it took for something to happen because nothing is happening and there is nothing to compare the event to as far as time. You dont need time or space if nothing exists. (We base a day off the movement of the earth in regards to the sun. If the earth spun slower, would we have longer minutes? Add an hour? Have longer hours? Time is whatever we ant it to be, just like measurements of length have been for various cultures).

How God can exist outside of those dimensions, I do not know. Who am I to understand Him entirely?

posted on Mar, 17 2010 @ 01:04 PM
link   
God died from colon cancer back in 1985 didn't you know?

posted on Mar, 17 2010 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by ChrisJr03

I got a nice little what if for you I've been mulling over for a little bit. However, what if the BigBang was God coming into consciousness and before that, there was just this collective energy and thus the universe expansion started as soon as God started obtaining more and more experiences. Finally, he was only able to go so far, this is where all life comes in and in order for him to experience himself to the fullest he had to give a part of himself in every living thing in the universe. At a certain point you remerge with this collective/ conscious energy thats also this "entity" and thus we you and that reunite, you give it all your experiences, but that's not the end for you. You atleast in my opinion, that you get to become you own god in a way, you get a slice of universe where you get to put your spirit out there and then through life you get to experience yourself and create more life...

posted on Mar, 17 2010 @ 02:39 PM
link   
reply to post by agentofchaos

Honestly, there are two major things that I have issue with in that theory.

1) How is a consciousness created? How does it begin to manipulate the energy? It seems to me like there is no logical way to answer these questions and others like them using standard logic and science.

2) I am highly resistant to any thought that claims to put us as being a part of God or gods ourselves. Satanism is summed up in "Be your own god" or just do whatever you want. These types of thoughts lead to very selfish and proud worldviews and attitudes.

Just my opinion on that one though, obviously I would disagree with it due to my own monotheistic (specifically Christian) beliefs.

posted on Mar, 17 2010 @ 02:44 PM
link   
God has always been there, just like the universe has always been there, there has always been something, or else we would be nothing

posted on Mar, 17 2010 @ 03:10 PM
link   
reply to post by l neXus l

But we are Something and Nothing....

All is Created between 2 Ends and is processed through a Geometric Algorithm.

It is "The Algorithm of the Paradox" which is based on the Opposites...

Inside, Outside, Left & Right, Up & Down, Black & White, Something and Nothing... etc.

We are essentially Comparators...

Something can't exist without its Opposite i.e. Nothing.

Everything has its Opposite...

Nothing is Something or we would not be writing about it....

If you get my Drift ???

So we can Identify and do Identify this Nothing.

We often say things like there is Nothing in there...

So The Outer is Something that contains Nothing...

How can you contain Nothing if it doesn't exist ???

Even the "True Centre" of Something Contains Nothing as it has No Size or Shape....
Except the Centre which is Conceptual in Nature...

posted on Mar, 17 2010 @ 03:34 PM
link   
reply to post by The Matrix Traveller

Would you stop with all that nonsense please? It makes no sense at all and I could swear (if I did) that you are simply posting the same thing over and over in every thread I see you in, as if it is a cut and paste from something you wrote previously.

We've read your posts on your idea, and it either doesn't make sense to us, we don't agree, or simply don't care. For some of us its a combination. Somebody might find it believable, I sure don't. If this makes me ignorant in your eyes, so be it.

posted on Mar, 17 2010 @ 03:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Mykahel

Not very Christian of You... to say the least..

Control yourself Man….If you can…. and stop reading them....

Do I really rock your boat that much ???

Guess I am having an effect on you after all....

Lighten up... or all that Insecurity and Tension might shorten you life span???

I hope Not anyway...

Lighten up and Enjoy the gift of LIFE...

[edit on 17-3-2010 by The Matrix Traveller]

posted on Mar, 17 2010 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by St Udio

Originally posted by ChrisJr03

whether ... God created the universe or not; I am interested in knowing what you think.

when the big bang started the universe,

the rules & laws of physical matter established itself
many fragments of both the physical & meta-physical universe spiraled or decayed into non existance

what's left is the laws of physics, mathematics
& those are the hands of god.

the mind of god was developed later on
when self-awareness 1st appeared in the universe

the concept 'G0D' focuses on when humanity first created alphabets
to structure words & concepts etc.

If you 'read' it correctly, the Genesis story informs us that the
WORD was the beginning of the world, mankind, organization,....
which then lead into rules & laws for society, governments, et al.

one just needs to interpet the genesis verses differently than the way religious indoctrination instructs us

well, thats presuming it all began with a big bang. but if so, where did the power and material for a big bang come from? and what was the origins of that power and substance? the question is endless.

"the mind of god was developed later on
when self-awareness 1st appeared in the universe"---------

the above quote is a bit "cart before the horse", i feel.

all "correct" readings are mere interpretations. whatever is written anywhere in any book in any place, its us or the individual who decides what it means.

example; "the teacher said the inspector was a fool"---------compared with

"the teacher, said the inspector, was a fool"

and perhaps the "word" was referring to a vibration, out of which creation manifested, considering all matter appears to be in a vibrationary state of some sort.

it is impossible for a finite mind such as ours, to comprehend eternal now, and omnipresence, and therefore a lack of "beginning".

ceasing to identify with mind and body would be a step toward pure existence. everything we ever learned is relative and would have to be relinquished for genuine understanding. imo.

posted on Mar, 17 2010 @ 04:26 PM
link   
As in all things, they come from Concepts.

This does NOT involve energy.

Energy is a phenomenon that is Created, it wasn't the First.

Anything we believe comes from a concept through Inspiration.

For anything to exist in the way of a Universe there first has to be established the Laws or rules that govern that manifestation. Or no steps of change can take place.

And secondly it requires motivation to start the ball rolling.

[edit on 17-3-2010 by The Matrix Traveller]

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join