It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How did God come into existence?

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 03:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by whatukno
well back before there was time, before there was space, before there was even a god there was a concentration of energy.

This energy organized over eons into a intelegence. Then at that very moment when the energy gained consiousness. BANG the universe formed.

was the birth of God. This universe will expand and expand untill one point when it will again begin to shrink up again. This is Gods life cycle.

God will reach a mid point in its life and the universe will contract in on itself untill the point when it will once again just be energy without concienceness.

God dies at this point but the energy remeins and so on and so forth forever.

or you could ask gods parents Bob and Linda where their baby came from. I don't know.

So, you've turned god into a blob of energy, where did THAT come from?

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 10:18 AM
link   
reply to post by davesidious

Matter exists. Matter has either always existed or it was created. If it was created, it must have been by a powerful being. Whatever that being was, reptilians, God, aliens, whatever... they would have had to have a creator to by this logic. And their creator would need a creator, and that creator had to be created, and so on so forth.

A paradox, unless we just say that matter has always existed and needed no creator.

But if matter, having no power of its own nor will, can exist for eternity with no speakable origin, why can we not accept that an all-powerful God could exist without beginning or end?

At some point, something existed without having been created. Personally, I think it is Yahweh God.

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by davesidious
reply to post by edmc^2

Or that there is no god, and we can side-step the entire paradox.

Ah, it's a paraqdox if you put it that way but we know that the universe is governed by the laws of universe - A very intricate mathematical one I might add to the highest degree!! And follows that where there's a law there's order, where there's order there's a force behind the order, behind the order there's inteligence, where there's inteligence there's a mind, where there's a mind there's a brain, where there a brain, theirs a head and body - a being of the highest degree - a being who posses an "abundant dynamic energy". The holy writings simply say that this being is no other than Jehovah/Yahweh.

[edit on 11-3-2010 by edmc^2]

posted on Mar, 12 2010 @ 03:26 AM
link   
All is Created through The "WORD" ie a string of Letters or commands from Program Books, the Soul is Reading.

This is How All is Created from NOTHING through "The WORD".

No Man could open the books except the Lamb ???

Learn to read these Books, and you find all the answers you are looking for.

The Lamb opens the Books... if You would only ask ???

As J.C. said, "I am a Door to them that know me, Knock on me."

And "I am a mirror to them that Know me, see Yourself In Me."

And "I am The Way The Truth and The LIFE."

J.C. the Son of God is The LIFE of God which is The LIGHT of man.

i.e. The Sun of Righteousness.

posted on Mar, 12 2010 @ 03:52 AM
link   
Well you sound sure of yourself so here's what I think. I think you have
asked a question that there is only one answer to, any way you look at it.
Any answer aside from" I don't know" is B.S.

I can't believe anyone would even attempt an answer.

I know of two things that are infinite. The universe and mans stupidity.
I'm not quite sure about the universe.

Albert Einstien

[edit on 12-3-2010 by randyvs]

posted on Mar, 12 2010 @ 07:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Mykahel

Because we are in a process of learning about the big bang and its origins. To say "oh because we don't know, let's just say God did it, then go to the pub" is intellectually dishonest to say the least.

"I don't know" is a perfectly tenable position, and the default stance of science. Replacing that with some bronze-age farmer's mascot is intellectually repugnant.

posted on Mar, 12 2010 @ 09:31 AM
link   

I understand what you mean, but that is where faith also plays its part. Some of us will look at the universe and say "Man, only a God could have created something as wonderful as this" and the very existence of the universe is the only proof we need. To us, it is proven and so we have faith in an unseen God who displays Himself throughout creation.

I cannot say I know exactly how God has done these marvelous things, who am I to understand God? But He does reveal Himself through His creation and His word, so we can know about Him though never fully comprehend Him.

Where you say to make these claims is "intellectually dishonest," I say I am making a "statement of faith." I guess that's the best way I could put it really...

posted on Mar, 12 2010 @ 09:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Mykahel

Right. I know that happens - it's called "being irrational". You can do that all you want, just please don't labour under the assumption that you are being rational, as you are most definitely not.

posted on Mar, 13 2010 @ 08:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mykahel

Matter exists. Matter has either always existed or it was created. If it was created, it must have been by a powerful being. Whatever that being was, reptilians, God, aliens, whatever... they would have had to have a creator to by this logic. And their creator would need a creator, and that creator had to be created, and so on so forth.

A paradox, unless we just say that matter has always existed and needed no creator.

But if matter, having no power of its own nor will, can exist for eternity with no speakable origin, why can we not accept that an all-powerful God could exist without beginning or end?

At some point, something existed without having been created. Personally, I think it is Yahweh God.

Because there's absolutely 0 evidence of God let alone Yahweh whereas we actually have proof that matter exists.

posted on Mar, 13 2010 @ 08:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mykahel

I understand what you mean, but that is where faith also plays its part. Some of us will look at the universe and say "Man, only a God could have created something as wonderful as this" and the very existence of the universe is the only proof we need. To us, it is proven and so we have faith in an unseen God who displays Himself throughout creation.

I cannot say I know exactly how God has done these marvelous things, who am I to understand God? But He does reveal Himself through His creation and His word, so we can know about Him though never fully comprehend Him.

Where you say to make these claims is "intellectually dishonest," I say I am making a "statement of faith." I guess that's the best way I could put it really...

If you "can't understand god" how do you know he even exists?

posted on Mar, 13 2010 @ 08:51 AM
link   
There's this whole creationist vs. evolution debate. The funny thing is, if there is an original being, it could have only come into being through evolution. I don't accept that our creator has always been and always will be. Where did God come from? He evolved. They evolved. Look at humans. We've almost reached the point where we can create life in a dish. We can manipulate DNA. We were created AND we evolved. We are starting to resemble the gods.

posted on Mar, 13 2010 @ 10:03 AM
link   
God is infinite. You know like how science say's a black hole is. Forever. He was because he is and always will be. It is hard for people to think in those terms but science can explain infinity.

posted on Mar, 13 2010 @ 10:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Conclusion

That is one big baseless assertion. God most likely doesn't exist, and I know for a fact you've not seen evidence of him, the fact you think he does means you are being irrational.

Also, are you a Scientologist?

posted on Mar, 13 2010 @ 11:03 AM
link   
reply to post by NegativeBeef

Not to be rude, but that is one of the poorest arguments you could make. I'm sure you don't understand EXACTLY how your own body works so how can you be sure it exists? Do you understand exactly how a car works in its entirety? They must not exist if you don't. God has revealed some of His characteristics through His Word and His creation. He is not completely unknowable. The Muslims believe Allah is, but Jews and Christians do not.

As I had said in my earlier posts, many of us accept the fact that we live in a magnificent creation as evidence enough that there is a God. Matter itself is the proof.

This will be a debate that will not be settled in this forum, and I know that each of you knows this. You will be convinced in your own minds that you are right and I will be convinced of my own beliefs. I'll keep responding if anyone has something better to say than "God doesn't exist because its just a stupid fairy tail for stupid people."

I doubt many of you have even looked into the explanations for how God could exist for eternity and not need a beginning, the whole topic of this thread. Instead, you have once again reverted to arguing the very existence of God so as to avoid any discussion of God deeper than "God exists!" and "No he doesn't!"

PS: Scientology doesn't have a god. You become your own god, kinda. At least that is what they tell you until you have given them all your money and they start teaching you about the aliens and how your "spirit" (I forget what they call it) goes back to Venus when you die so it can be brainwashed and sent back to earth again (where it crawls out of the ocean in California) because these evil aliens have implanted us with ideas of Heaven and Hell to trick us and keep us under their control, but we used to be powerful spirits but the brainwashing has caused us to forget all this. We used to know everything but there was no fun in it so we started purposefully forgetting things so that we could play games, etc. but then some people took advantage of it and started manipulating the other spirit things.

Definitely one of the weirdest beliefs I have ever heard of. You should look into it if you want a good laugh.

[edit on 13-3-2010 by Mykahel]

posted on Mar, 13 2010 @ 11:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Mykahel

Matter is not proof, unless you are being irrational.

The whole argument boils down to who's right - those being rational, or those being irrational. I know where I'll place my bet.

posted on Mar, 13 2010 @ 11:21 AM
link   

That is one big baseless assertion. God most likely doesn't exist, and I know for a fact you've not seen evidence of him, the fact you think he does means you are being irrational.

Also, are you a Scientologist?

By you saying I have no personal evidence of him is quiet frankly the baseless assertion you remarked in the earlier sentence. No I am not a scientologist.

He asked where did God come from. I was showing him that infinity exists. Just because you have never met God, don't presume that means no one else has.

posted on Mar, 13 2010 @ 11:23 AM
link   

If it was a baseless assertion, you'd have proof. Show me that proof, and we can agree I'm wrong.

And no, no one has ever demonstrated they have met god. That is hilarious.

If you're not a scientologist, why do you have the scientology logo on your user pic?

posted on Mar, 13 2010 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Well from statistical analysis around 97% of the world believes in a higher form of intelligence. From that view you are the one being irrational.

posted on Mar, 13 2010 @ 11:26 AM
link   

If it was a baseless assertion, you'd have proof. Show me that proof, and we can agree I'm wrong.

And no, no one has ever demonstrated they have met god. That is hilarious.

If you're not a scientologist, why do you have the scientology logo on your user pic?

Proof is only proof when when everyone agrees with you. Seek all the proof you want. It is all around you. But you will not see that proof.

I saw the image and thought it was cool. I am not a scientologist and didn't know the image represented them. Or do you need proof. lol

posted on Mar, 13 2010 @ 11:27 AM
link   

That's not proof. I'm talking about supporting evidence. If you don't have that, then I was right.

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join