It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How did God come into existence?

page: 20
<< 17  18  19   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 11:58 PM
link   
Dot Your Eyes

In the beginning, there was a dot, and within this dot were contained the building blocks of an entire universe, compressed into an infinitely small space. Gradually, over the course of countless aeons, the dot became aware of its surroundings. Or rather -- of it's lack of surroundings, as it was everything that had ever been, compressed into a tiny point, with nothing outside of itself. This awareness of its own condition came upon it gradually, of course, and eventually -- the dot felt around for something to measure itself against, but there was nothing else, and so the dot despaired. In it's despair it began to feel a sense of what we as human beings can only describe as loneliness, and it was from that loneliness that an idea was born.

"I am everything, and there is nothing outside of me."

In its despair it exploded and a brand new universe was born. Gradually, the building blocks of God coalesced into galaxies infinite, and finally into tiny planets, scattered about their infinite suns. Over the millenia that followed, came the seeds of a new kind of awareness, which shared the holographic image of the original loneliness, but also contained a potential fora kind of curiosity about the origins itself. In this curiosity was formed the glue that eventually bound the scattered elements together into something which could look outward from itself, and desire unification, knowing, and togetherness with a greater whole.

We are divided for the sake of love and for a chance at unity. We are here to experience everything the universe has to offer, both "good" and "bad" so that God might know itself when we meet again at the center.

Anything less is too small to be God.
edit on 9-7-2011 by 0zzymand0s because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 12:01 AM
link   
Chuck Norris, of course. Chuck needed a sparring partner.

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 01:00 AM
link   
GODS-Guardians of the Sky!! God is a being or a civilization who made us in his image. That is all there is. He could be mortal or immortal depending on his technological complexity.

But do not ask how he came into being. He could be a product of evolution just like other life forms.

God =/= all knowing and all conquering. He has his limitations. His crafts do crash.

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 01:00 AM
link   
GODS-Guardians of the Sky!! God is a being or a civilization who made us in his image. That is all there is. He could be mortal or immortal depending on his technological complexity.

But do not ask how he came into being. He could be a product of evolution just like other life forms.

God =/= all knowing and all conquering. He has his limitations. His crafts do crash.

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 07:43 AM
link   
very interesting question and one i have often ponderd. lets look at from a different angle. say that god or the creator has always been and always will be .just because we can not fathom such a concept does not make it untrue .i know this is mere speculation but as i said its just a different angle after all there are a lot of things on this planet that are still not understood or explained

edit on 12/7/2011 by splankitydunk because: missing text

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 07:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by anxietydisorder
God was created my man, and it's the worst piece of fiction ever created.
It was desperate men trying to seek answers for questions they could not understand.
Once a society had a God, or Gods, it was then used by men to control the people. The more horror or fear that could be instilled on the populous the better.

I'm of the opinion that it was man that created God, not the other way around.

Opinion that is fact to anyone with common sense

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Creationists:"Nothing can come of nothing...contrary to what scientists say."
Scientists:"Science isn't saying everything came from nothing...and either way, if nothing can come of nothing, how did god came to be?"
Creationists:"The bible says so...and the bible is always correct."
Scientists:"Why is the bible always correct?"
Creationists:"Because it is the word of god."
Scientists:"But how do you know it is the word of god?"
Creationists:"Because the bible says so..."

And round and round it goes...circular "logic" at its best

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrXYZ
Scientists:"Science isn't saying everything came from nothing...and either way, if nothing can come of nothing, how did god came to be?"

Please Quote where it says in the bible, that the "Roman bible" or any other version of this bible, is as you put it the word of God.

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 06:31 PM
link   
reply to post by ChrisJr03

"God" or "The ALL" came into existence after the last cycle of existence's intelligence fully communed and merged themselves tier by tier into one mighty all encompassing Godhead... then .. this Godhead was completely alone, and bored and desired to experience more.. so .. in an ultimate act of compassion.. it masturbated and it's orgasm was the big bang.. and the cycle began again... eventually this cycle will re-commune again and on and on and on...

that's how.

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 06:36 PM
link   
Absolute non-existence as a realm, thing, whatever, self annihilates because a consciousness turned it's attention toward "it" making "it" an existence realm, thing or whatever therefore violating the definitive integrity of an absolute non-existence. All that is possible is the "IS" as It has always been, is now, and evermore must be.

Because this is the stone that is too big for God to lift, an entire realm of finite is upheld over eternity (never created, has always existed in some form) and through symbiotic union (communion) of parallel resonance become one with the finites both animate and inanimate. Everything that is and in the Universe over infinite time. Infinite time is the conversion Doorway infinite All links in to finite.

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Matrix Traveller

Please Quote where it says in the bible, that the "Roman bible" or any other version of this bible, is as you put it the word of God.

So it doesn't claim the 10 commandments are the god's word given to Moses?

The Bible describes its form as being spoken by God to those present at mount Sinai and subsequently as an inscription God wrote with his finger on two stone tablets, which God gave to Moses.

LINK

I mean, common', the 10 commandments...can't believe you just asked me to show you a part

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mechanic 32
So, in the very beginning, there was nothingness, and only God?

So why did he decide to create man? He needed a hobby?

Not trying to be funny, but trying to understand why.

Finites are the means through which the Infinite becomes greater than infinite Self. Now over eternity, a set is generated composed in every possible variation, iteration and numeration of finite existence and through symbiotic union (communion) with the finites, the Infinite partakes of finite existence as well. All are tools, all are in use whether they are aware of the connection or not. It is a gift that finites may become aware of the communion and be participants in harmony instead of subjects to apparant chaos.

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 08:28 PM
link   
"God" came into existence in 1610 when King James created the new English word.

The same year he did a speech to Parliament declaing HE is a GOD and everyone must worship him

In 1609 English speeking people were calling their deity YHWH, or "El", or "El Shaddai"

This is the 401st Anniversary of the false idol, "God"....created by King James.

What did you expect? Poor little boy James was beaten daily and when he became a King he did away with the old deity and gave Satan power over Earth with a new name.

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 08:40 PM
link   
I always liked the idea in science fiction that god is actually a time traveller who had a yearning to see what happened at the start of the big bang, alas in doing so not only is he instantly vaporised but also acts as the initial cause of the universe. Yeah it's a crap science fiction idea but makes about as much sense as anything i've read here. We all have a built in desire to figure things out but somethings are currently way, way beyond us. It's wasn't so long ago that we were impressed with the concept of banging rocks together to make tools !!

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 09:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Matrix Traveller

So it doesn't claim the 10 commandments are the god's word given to Moses?

The Bible describes its form as being spoken by God to those present at mount Sinai and subsequently as an inscription God wrote with his finger on two stone tablets, which God gave to Moses.

LINK

I mean, common', the 10 commandments...can't believe you just asked me to show you a part

Moses certainly never mentioned The "Roman bible" or "The King James Version" or any other Version...

Are you trying to tell me Moses did make mention of the Roman bible??? Then Quote the verse/s that do....

Quote the verse that mentions the Roman Group of Greek & Hebrew Writings called "The Roman bible" or the "King James Version"...

Strange.... There is No Mention whatsoever of "The Roman bible" in the bible nor is there any reference to the "King James Version" or any other Version for that matter... Not even the Hebrew bible...

Come on you haven't given any proof...

Please Quote the verses in the "Roman bible", which mention the Roman bible or King James Version or any other version.

edit on 13-7-2011 by The Matrix Traveller because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 02:03 AM
link   
reply to post by The Matrix Traveller

So basically, the bible doesn't contain the word of god according to you...good...at least we agree it's a FICTIONAL book written by MEN

You also might wanna read Genesis:

And God said, Let there be light

So I guess since that's not the word of god, what the author was really meaning to say is "the fictional character I created said, Let there be light"

Kinda funny how all those millions of believers claim that book contains the world of good

edit on 14-7-2011 by MrXYZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 02:15 AM
link   
reply to post by ChrisJr03

My sperm would be the answer your looking for my child.

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 09:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Naptown317

HAHA that's the most effective thread kill i've seen in a while, congratulations it needed it !!

top topics

<< 17  18  19   >>

join