It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How did God come into existence?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2006 @ 02:16 AM
link   
Many of us on these threads debate how the universe and how it was made. I'm just curious though, if God (The Creator) made the universe, how did God come into existence. I'm not sure if anyone has asked this yet, but I just decided to throw it out there, please give me your thoughts, whether you believe God created the universe or not; I am interested in knowing what you think.

posted on Dec, 29 2006 @ 02:26 AM
link   
What I was told was that God has always been here and always will be. God is without beginning or end. As far as to why God created the universe, maybe God wanted something to watch. I can imagine it would be a dull universe without stars, planets, galaxies and life forms to inhabit them.

x08

posted on Dec, 29 2006 @ 02:34 AM
link   
i mentioned the same in my thread posted half a while ago

but i agree.. 'god' must have come from somewhere...

posted on Dec, 29 2006 @ 02:45 AM
link   
The general reaction to this type of enquiry, which I began posing early in life, has always been, "That's not for you to question." This was never a popular question and the answers I received were all cop-outs.

+3 more 
posted on Dec, 29 2006 @ 02:53 AM
link   
God was created my man, and it's the worst piece of fiction ever created.
It was desperate men trying to seek answers for questions they could not understand.
Once a society had a God, or Gods, it was then used by men to control the people. The more horror or fear that could be instilled on the populous the better.

I'm of the opinion that it was man that created God, not the other way around.

posted on Dec, 29 2006 @ 06:53 AM
link   
surely whatever your viewpoint, religious or scientific, something has to have come from nothing at some point, or at least something has to have always existed, be it the universe or a the creator. I think human understanding & perception has limited us when thinking of this subject, its only our belief that nothing can exist forever or that everything has to come from something. It makes no sense to me, if the universe was created by something (a god entity), that god must have come from something, then the creator of the creator must have come from something and so on forever.
There has to be a point where we concede that something came from nothing or that somethings always have existed, not created. Perhaps its language that traps us on this subject or maybe just human perception but something isnt right somewhere along the way.

[edit on 29-12-2006 by Frakkerface]

posted on Dec, 29 2006 @ 07:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Frakkerface
surely whatever your viewpoint, religious or scientific, something has to have come from nothing at some point, or at least something has to have always existed, be it the universe or a the creator.

I'm willing to admit that I don't understand everything, and I have no personal knowledge of the creation of the Universe.
But the things I don't understand, I won't fob it off on some imaginary omnipresent being.

I will try to understand the creation of the Universe through the data given to me by the scientists in our society. But I'll also maintain a critical mind that questions every piece of data that I'm presented, and I'll never take anything on faith.

Sometimes I think the faithful have an advantage that atheist's miss out on.
You can go to your death knowing in your heart that something better waits on the other side. All an atheist can do is hope for the best and meet it with a sense of wonder.

In any other topic on ATS the members would be asking for proof, but when it comes to God we're expected to have faith.
Sorry, but I just won't buy that. I want something quantifiable.

posted on Dec, 29 2006 @ 08:52 AM
link   
If God could create the universe, the He must be an infinite being. We cannot understand the infinite as our own understanding is finite. He could have told us these things, but it would be like trying to teach quantum physics to the average two year old.

However, if you don't believe in God, you could always say that he was "made up."

posted on Dec, 29 2006 @ 09:21 AM
link   
When ancient man discovered that they were different than animals they started to find a reason why.

At that time the only thing they understood was that the sun gave warm and that night was dangerous.

That is how light was seen as good and dark as bad, and the first gods were born, the good and the evil, day and night.

From that it was pretty simple to have the sun god living in the heavens while the dark god living in the any dark places around the earth and the dipper the darker.

The rest was pure human imagination.

posted on Dec, 29 2006 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by darkelf
If God could create the universe, the He must be an infinite being.

But still a beeing?

We cannot understand the infinite as our own understanding is finite.

Explain further. This is a standard answer which really makes no sense.

He could have told us these things, but it would be like trying to teach quantum physics to the average two year old.

If god could create time and matter surely he could explain this to us.

How do you know how it would be since you dont know anything?

However, if you don't believe in God, you could always say that he was "made up."

Well... who's he? Man has created several gods. Thousands... tens of tens of thousands.

That a single one of then that resembles the other so much should be the one truth is ridicoulus.

posted on Dec, 29 2006 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by anxietydisorder
Sometimes I think the faithful have an advantage that atheist's miss out on.
You can go to your death knowing in your heart that something better waits on the other side. All an atheist can do is hope for the best and meet it with a sense of wonder.

I had to smile at this. My sense is that 99.9% of the faithful truly do the same.

Originally posted by Jugg

Well... who's he? Man has created several gods. Thousands... tens of tens of thousands.

For every God created, a Goddess smiled!

Originally posted by Frakkerface
Perhaps its language that traps us on this subject or maybe just human perception ..........

Perhaps, indeed.

I have difficulty discussing "God" without engaging in a discussion of human consciousness and our endless search for meaning - for it is those unique attributes that define our species.

The first thought about "God" seems to result in an entity that exists outside of us - what if that were not the case at all? What if we are all "God"?

Great topic!

Always, Shawnna

posted on Dec, 29 2006 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by ChrisJr03

whether ... God created the universe or not; I am interested in knowing what you think.

when the big bang started the universe,

the rules & laws of physical matter established itself
many fragments of both the physical & meta-physical universe spiraled or decayed into non existance

what's left is the laws of physics, mathematics
& those are the hands of god.

the mind of god was developed later on
when self-awareness 1st appeared in the universe

the concept 'G0D' focuses on when humanity first created alphabets
to structure words & concepts etc.

If you 'read' it correctly, the Genesis story informs us that the
WORD was the beginning of the world, mankind, organization,....
which then lead into rules & laws for society, governments, et al.

one just needs to interpet the genesis verses differently than the way religious indoctrination instructs us

posted on Dec, 29 2006 @ 12:11 PM
link   
I would say God is the "Alpha and Omega, begining and end". So I believe that he has always existed and always will. Something has to have always existed, you can't get something out of nothing.

If God were created, he created us and that leads me to believe that we were created that we could not fathem questions like this.

If we could, there would be no reason in having faith, therefore, our lives would be as meaningful as the robots us humans create. There would be no point in our existence.

Just my opinion.

posted on Dec, 29 2006 @ 12:40 PM
link   
instead of trying to find out when 'god' came into existence, you should find out when OUR Consciousness came into existence.

'god' is just a perception, nothing exists outside of us humans except for vibrational energy waves.

think about that, and i think you might see/percieve 'god' in a different way

posted on Dec, 29 2006 @ 01:33 PM
link   
I think the problem is that human beings tend to think of everything in the terms that we are use to – meaning we are born and we die – therefore everything must have a birth and a death. There is nothing wrong with that thinking - it is very natural - and while technically true for the life on Earth this may not be the rule for all forms of existence. We know that there are real concepts such as “infinity” but the human mind has a hard time wrapping itself around those types of concepts because we can't experience them ourselves.

This ranks up there with people not being able to comprehend the size or distance of objects in outerspace. Our Earth is a big place – but the Earth could fit inside our sun one million times and there are stars out there that can be one million times bigger than our sun. While we understand the number one million we can never quite grasp how massive these objects are outside of our own existence here on Earth. Our minds are basically incapable of understanding some concepts and theories.

posted on Dec, 29 2006 @ 01:39 PM
link   
No Big Bang, Existence has all ways Existed. The universe is called the Omni-verse, created through Our words and their concepts. It has no ending and no beginning, it is not a bubble it stretches in every direction for Eternity and is Outfinite, not INfinite. We are God, God is Us, God is Everything, We are Everything. There are no rules and there are no laws to this Existence, and those are the rules and laws that govern this Existence.

The point of Our Existence is to explore Ourselves, to find love, to find joy, happiness, compassion, comfort and all that is good within and without all that is "bad", bad... merely a concept constructed by Us to instill fear which has multiplied this fear and has started a chain reaction towards utter destruction unless We can wake up to what We are and where We are. Being is not individual, Being is consciousness, consciousness is all that is, consciousness is Eternal because Eternal is in consciousness. The words are freedom or prison as are their concepts; choose wisely.

Words such as alien actually alienate the self... concepts such as "outer space" must create the concept of "inner space", is this inner space more special than this outer space? Or is it all really the same? Be aware

We are Omni-fied, Not unified

[edit on 29-12-2006 by LastOutfiniteVoiceEternal]

posted on Dec, 29 2006 @ 01:49 PM
link   
why must we go an extra and unnecassary step?
why can't we just say that existence in some form or another has always existed?

why must we create a being that creates unnecassary paradoxes?

posted on Dec, 29 2006 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Paradoxes Exist in the reality of illusion and the illusion of reality, therefore they are illusions. There are No paradoxes. The only paradox is the concept of paradox itself; illusion is Nothing and Everything

If this was in response to the previous post then the addition of the word/Being "God" is to help others understand in an easier manner. God is Not separate, Not even Nothing is separate

[edit on 29-12-2006 by LastOutfiniteVoiceEternal]

posted on Dec, 29 2006 @ 04:10 PM
link   
If God came from nothing, and always existed........Then how did he get so smart and "all-knowing"? Isn't knowledge and character something we learn from yrs of experiance? Where did he get his language from? ways of communication and thinking?

My point to these questions is......I am leaning towards there being more than one God.

Hows the quote go? "made man in OUR own image"?

I will always stay open minded to religion but not be fooled by it. We all have to stop pretending like we know what the hell is going on in the world because we don't, and until the entire world realizes that, religion will continue to destroy us.

posted on Dec, 29 2006 @ 05:32 PM
link   
I think God is the universe. He is energy. Think of us in a matrix, like a computer. God is the hard drive. He holds all the information and knows exactly what is going on in his comp at all times. With out him, there is no knowledge.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join