It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

6 Muslim Imams removed from flight.

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2006 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Let's turn things around here Rasobasi420 with your earlier question to paint me as a racist. I don't know your race, or religion, but let's say you are black and or a muslim walking alone at night, and you see a group of young white males across the street with shaven heads, wearing red laced boots and red suspenders, would you cross the street?

posted on Nov, 22 2006 @ 02:35 PM
link   
No,

I have a few skinhead friends. Some are actually in Iraq right now. Not all skinheads are racist. I know that for a fact. As I'm sure you know that not all Arabs are going to hijack your plane.

Edit: I am black BTW

[edit on 22-11-2006 by Rasobasi420]

posted on Nov, 22 2006 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Standing Together + Praying + Sitting separately + Some having one way tickets and no checked bags = kicked off the plane (without even adding the muslim factor to the equation). It also = planned spectacle.

link   
Has anyone ever seen that show Airline on A&E??

It was said that the police went on the plane and took them off in handcuffs because they were refusing to get off and making a fuss about the re screening (absolutely understandable, I would probably make a fuss too...)

It just occured to me that most likely they were upset (understandably) and very angry (understandably). When people are visibly upset or angry, the staff of the plane often will deem the person or people "unfit to fly". Which basically means, sucks for you...you aren't gettin on this plane even if you calm down first, because any angry person is potentially a threat and a liability. It could be that's why they weren't let back on the plane.

That tv show has people getting kicked off planes and deemed unfit to fly left and right. After 9/11 if you give anyone grief for anything, you don't fly.

link   

Originally posted by Rasobasi420
Your only other reasons were that they were upset about the war in Iraq.

That, and being in a large group. Yup, that's pretty much it.

group of young muslim men + (Iraq discussion, before boarding a plane)+ vowed revenge on me because of it = concern, not hate

I never once mentioned arab, that is a race, not a religion

posted on Nov, 22 2006 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Okay

White+ Muslim = No worries
Arab + Muslim = threat on your life.

And BTW, when did these men vow vengeance?

posted on Nov, 22 2006 @ 02:39 PM
link   

I have a few skinhead friends. Some are actually in Iraq right now. Not all skinheads are racist.

I'm not talking about SHARPS, that's why I threw in the red laces, not black and white....so again, answer me that please....if you saw skins wearing red laces would you cross....

As I'm sure you know that not all Arabs are going to hijack your plane.

Of course not, but certain behavior (like wearing red laces) warrants concern.

posted on Nov, 22 2006 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Atomic
Speaking of Hasty Generalizations!

Don't know what you mean by that. He said that seeing Muslim men on a plane warrented their ejection from said plane.

He said Muslim men make him nervous, for no other reason than them being Muslim.

that is racism and a Hasty Generalization on his part.

There is no "race" called Muslim.

You took a small sample of his words and came to a conclusion.

...and yes he did make a Hasty Generalization about his reaction to Muslims being on a plane. People do it all day long, that's why we make mistakes sometimes. And people make even worse "hasty generalizations" when in fear of something. I'm not saying it's right, I'm saying it's part of the human psychology.

posted on Nov, 22 2006 @ 02:42 PM
link   

White+ Muslim = No worries

Arab + Muslim = threat on your life.

That's where you assume. I would be JUST as concerned about a group of young white muslims acting as they did, as I would arab ones.

This is not about skin color.

And BTW, when did these men vow vengeance?

Countless times, unless it's all made up and fundamentalist muslims don't want to kill us at all. On a plane, I'm not gonna bet my life either way....

[edit on 22-11-2006 by 27jd]

posted on Nov, 22 2006 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by 27jd
Of course not, but certain behavior (like wearing red laces) warrants concern.

What were these men's "red laces"? What made them more than just Arabic Muslims? Why weren't they "SHARPS".

posted on Nov, 22 2006 @ 02:48 PM
link   

If you took my looks and opinions as a threat to your life, and if I were in a group of other young men like me, and your country was currently under a threat (percieved or not) by groups of young men like me and I was such an @ss as to be discussing loudly my opinions that would almost certainly ignite your concern that we may try and murder you, YES, you have every right. And I would have brought it on myself by discussing something that I would have to be a complete idiot not to know would cause you concern.

Couldn't have said it any better myself.

posted on Nov, 22 2006 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Atomic
Speaking of Hasty Generalizations!

Don't know what you mean by that. He said that seeing Muslim men on a plane warrented their ejection from said plane.

He said Muslim men make him nervous, for no other reason than them being Muslim.

that is racism and a Hasty Generalization on his part.

Ras: You are the first person to call another in here a racist. Please refer to my signature and congratulations on ruining the validity of this conversation for the rest of us.

I also gave you a WATS for becoming the first person to use racism in the thread and thought that was worth a WATS...
Good job, keep it up

[edit on 11/22/2006 by Escrotumus]

posted on Nov, 22 2006 @ 02:52 PM
link   
The comments being posted here cause me concern. Does that mean I will impead your right to say it? Does that mean I'm going to try to have you ejected from the forum? Are my rights more important than your's?

Edit: And you may not like the word racist. It's an ugly word, and we can tiptoe around it all day, but that doesn't make it any less true.

posted on Nov, 22 2006 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
Standing Together + Praying + Sitting separately + Some having one way tickets and no checked bags = kicked off the plane (without even adding the muslim factor to the equation). It also = planned spectacle.

Really? Then you won't object much when the final curtain of the control system comes down will you?

So standing together now is a crime?
So praying together is now a crime?
Sitting separately now is a crime?
Having a one way ticket with no baggage is now a crime? Though you forget that some religious people do not have personal possessions I guess?

Nah I think it was because they were muslim and probably some people from an opposing religious cult complained about it.

posted on Nov, 22 2006 @ 02:55 PM
link   

What were these men's "red laces"?

Well, could be their lack of regard for other passengers. Their actions were their red laces. Their discussing their opposition for the war in Iraq before boarding a plane was there red laces. There's a time for everything.

What made them more than just Arabic Muslims? Why weren't they "SHARPS".

SHARPS are Skinheads Against Racial Predjudice by the way. And really, there's no way to be sure if they were or not, unfortunately muslims don't use the lace code, so one could only gauge by their behavior what their intent was...

posted on Nov, 22 2006 @ 02:57 PM
link   
Everyone makes me nervous, does that make me a racist?

posted on Nov, 22 2006 @ 02:57 PM
link   
Exactly my point 27.

Since they weren't strapped with bombs, we know that you're so called "red laces" weren't red laces at all. There was no threat, and they were punished anyway.

Edit: I know what SHARPS are.

posted on Nov, 22 2006 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by esdad71
Everyone makes me nervous, does that make me a racist?

No, it makes you paranoid, and a perfect examle of an ATS member

posted on Nov, 22 2006 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Edit: And you may not like the word racist. It's an ugly word, and we can tiptoe around it all day, but that doesn't make it any less true.

Doesn't bother me at all. It's thrown around so much these days it's lost it's meaning. We're all racist I guess.

posted on Nov, 22 2006 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Since they weren't strapped with bombs, we know that you're so called "red laces" weren't red laces at all. There was no threat, and they were punished anyway.

Red laces are not a weapon, they are symbols of an ideology. It's not the laces that will attack. You have no idea if a skin wearing red laces will attack you, so it's better to be cautious. And 9/11 didn't involve bombs at all....

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join