It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

6 Muslim Imams removed from flight.

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2006 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rasobasi420
It's the same principle. To judge someone based on little more information than a gut feling, and to take away their rights as a person because of it is demoralizing and inhuman.

No, you're talking about judging on a skin color, not a gut feeling. And it's just as much a persons right to protect their own life as it is for a muslim to have a prayer session, then make comments about a controversial and serious subject that they know will cause fear amongst passengers. I'm not gonna risk my life so as not to inconvenience somebody who shows no regard for my concerns.

The stakes are higher than you think.

Yeah, a plane full of lives vs. inconveniencing a group of passengers who decided to rock the boat....

posted on Nov, 22 2006 @ 03:59 PM
link   
No, the rights of anyone who doesn't fit the accepted norm is what is at stake.

posted on Nov, 22 2006 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rasobasi420
No, the rights of anyone who doesn't fit the accepted norm is what is at stake.

Well, when it comes to flying on a plane, that is a priveledge, not a right. There are too many lives at stake to be PC. Sorry, we're not gonna agree on that, and that's fine. Can't always agree.

posted on Nov, 22 2006 @ 04:01 PM
link   

And it's just as much a persons right to protect their own life as it is for a muslim to have a prayer session.

This hit the nail on the ..

posted on Nov, 22 2006 @ 04:01 PM
link   
I should say experiance in law enforcement after a while you learn to read people very well and you learn to read the situation. If I am in a store and I see someone with a big coat that looks out of the corner of his eye too much I am going to think that he is shoplifting. Well honed senses is what I mean not Gut feeling.

posted on Nov, 22 2006 @ 05:05 PM
link   
i agree with this decision either way. good job on the part of the airlines for standing up for what's right. look muslims gotta face the fact that their people screwed up with the whole terrorist and 9/11 thing. the terrorist thing is gonna haunt all of you for a long time, so get used to it. same thing happened to the japs when pearl harbor went down. just be glad their only being kicked off planes, and not rounded up and jailed like the japs where.

they wanna do that pray muslim stuff then they gotta do it in they own house or away from a public place. everyone knows how tense things are in the world right now and heck i wouldn't have wanted to fly if i seen some muslims praying in the airport before i got on a plane with them. you never konw man, better safe than sorry.

I don't trust them muslim and middle east countrys, they are always fighting over something stupid. just a big usless problem and long overdue for a nukeing if u ask me. but w/e if they come to the country and act right, then w/e.....

but they shouldn't expect to be able to do anything they want. this is america, not islam. plus they have to be sensitive to the fact that americans are not gona wanna see them doing that type of stuff b/c they could be up to no good.

until the middle is becomes a more stable and less terrorist country, muslims in america should know that they can't just do anything thye please.

posted on Nov, 22 2006 @ 06:02 PM
link   
Look at this post I would say its 50/50 in terms of argument and tell me how spilt people would have been on the plane. I would say half of the crew on board would have prefered to be sure about it all. If not it would then those people who complained like probably 50 people in the end should have walked off too if they felt insecure instead of staying on. With or without elements of terrorism people are still scared of flying and no one needs to be even more upset and people do for the sake being unsure decide at the last minute they will not fly with or without Muslim incouragement.

[edit on 22-11-2006 by The time lord]

posted on Nov, 22 2006 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by JamesMcMahn
I should say experiance in law enforcement after a while you learn to read people very well and you learn to read the situation. If I am in a store and I see someone with a big coat that looks out of the corner of his eye too much I am going to think that he is shoplifting. Well honed senses is what I mean not Gut feeling.

and if I hate a certain group of people for even the slightest of reasons then I can use that to go on a campaign of terrorizing them for my own perverse pleasure and never fear any reprimands.

posted on Nov, 22 2006 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by denythestatusquo

and if I hate a certain group of people for even the slightest of reasons then I can use that to go on a campaign of terrorizing them for my own perverse pleasure and never fear any reprimands.

I never said anything of that sort.

posted on Nov, 22 2006 @ 06:24 PM
link   
I think most of us profile in our own ways, and are fearful of people or situations we do not always know or understand.

How many of us could walk thru some dark woods alone(that had no creatures that could eat or kill you.) for the night with no flash light, and not feel scared?....Very few I bet.

Would that fear be irrational that a twig breaking over there is something watching me?

I get the feeling the Imans were playing on plane passengers irrational fear. The experiment worked.

But my opinion is most Americans on a plane count how many exit rows away your seat in either direction, where the hot woman/women on the plane are (for us pig guys.), and is there any terrorist type threats. (to each person this is different, but I bet it is a person who looks middle eastern. right or wrong who knows...The people in the World Trade Centers would say right. An American muslim would probably say wrong.)

Muslim Americans are now stereotyped on planes with caution. Is this fair for the majority of the Muslims....Nope. But there is a precedent set now.

White Americans from the South are stereotyped as Red Necks and sometimes racist. Is that fair...nope.

I bet some Mexican Americans expierience that they are illegal immigrants from people, even if they have lived in the US for generations.

I still haven't seen enough of this story to go either way with it. The Imans probably got discriminated against, but might of egged on the situation.

posted on Nov, 22 2006 @ 06:25 PM
link   

I never said anything of that sort.

that is true and I do not want to offend you nor misrepresent your comments, but a person could use the upholding of the law as a daily excuse to go out and kick .s of people that they do not like and frankly get away with it for a long time. It has happened.

A foreign country could take control over a larger and more powerful country and use that country to beat up on all of its enemies too.

posted on Nov, 22 2006 @ 06:33 PM
link   
One thing I have to say; I have always upheld the Code of Ethics I have gone so far as to give my own uncle a reckless driving ticket, I Do Not accept bribes, I Do Not accept free meals, and I am proud to say that I do not discriminate.

posted on Nov, 22 2006 @ 06:36 PM
link   

A foreign country could take control over a larger and more powerful country and use that country to beat up on all of its enemies too.

Man, does every thread have to covertly be about the jews? Seriously, I was thinking it was strange you hadn't brought them into this yet....you don't disappoint....

posted on Nov, 22 2006 @ 07:14 PM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com...
2 Arabs on a plane
Please visit my new post it has a video you may find contemporary with this post.
Its a funny video but hope not offensive.

posted on Nov, 22 2006 @ 07:42 PM
link   
I think this thread definatly needed something to lighten the mood.

posted on Nov, 22 2006 @ 07:42 PM
link   
Double post sorry.

[edit on 22-11-2006 by JamesMcMahn]

posted on Nov, 22 2006 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo
Remember that the nazis did the same thing with the jews in the 30s. Let's open the FEMA camps!
The average joe is freaking stupid... those who thinks fear doesn't control the general population, here's a proof! I just hope it won't turn to open racism and ban on muslims... America is dead.

LOL compeltely wrong comparison. I wasn't aware that Jews had been blowing up and killing Germans in the 30's - please proivide some links.
Maybe on the other hand, it is also the responsibility of these Muslim countries to become more liberal and show the rest of the world they aren't a threat.

posted on Nov, 23 2006 @ 12:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by half_minded
Here comes another shame on America.

6 imams were removed from a flight from minneapolis to phoenix.

Reasons: They looked muslim.

Three of the imams were seen praying in the terminal before the flight. After they were boarded, some dumb american (full of hatred for muslims, and no common sense, and basically scared with no b*lls just like his government wants him to be), passed a written note to the flight attendent asking the crew to remove the 6 imams onboard. Wats even funnier is that the airline is full of poeple like that passenger. They actually complied with the request and removed the men.

One of the imams was blind too!

All of you proud americans please raise your hand up so I can laugh at you. This is what it has come to. Open stereotyping and discrimination in your supposedly free country. And you guys wonder why people are starting to get pissed off with america.

Well, you didnt have flights hijacked in your country and used to kill thousands of people. Im sure your not afraid because, whatever country you are from and if your an american your shameless, because you are a bunch of coward collaborators ready to be subjugated under the new caliphate and I hope you enjoy the country you have earned!

posted on Nov, 23 2006 @ 05:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by XphilesPhan
Well, you didnt have flights hijacked in your country and used to kill thousands of people.

Ya coz my government is not as corrupt as yours. they dont kill own people and blame on some terrorsits living in caves.

Im sure your not afraid because, whatever country you are from and if your an american your shameless,

Does not matter which country. I am alwaysw against stupid judgement and discrimination. The men were asked to leave the plane because of a note given to the flight attendent by a paranoid passenger. This is ridiculous.

because you are a bunch of coward collaborators ready to be subjugated under the new caliphate and I hope you enjoy the country you have earned!

Whos the coward? Who passed the note? Who was scared because of the 'looks' of the imams.

Prayer in terminal is not against the law. And if it bothers you so much then you should either look away or change your flight. Imams did not sit together? Isnt the airline the one who appoints the seats?????? I have seen blood related families buy tickets toegther and still get seats far away from each other. So why is the seating arrangement suspicioius? The airline check in counter appoints the seats. the imams did not choose their own seats.

And enough about the baggage thing. They only went for a conference for couple of days not on 3 month vacation. The news report still dont clearly say if they had hand baggage or not.

All those who felt unsafe flying with muslims should have changed their flights. I still do not see what they did that was so dangerous that even AFTER the screening they were not allowed to fly.

[edit on 23-11-2006 by half_minded]

posted on Nov, 23 2006 @ 09:36 AM
link   
Raises hand.

People shouldn't have to fly in fear. Those 6 people should be angry at terrorists for creating this type of atmosphere, not the airline.

How couldn't you have baggage for any extended period of time? Unless maybe they chose to not shower.

[edit on 11/23/2006 by JBurns]

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join