It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

6 Muslim Imams removed from flight.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2006 @ 09:47 AM
link   
Here comes another shame on America.

6 imams were removed from a flight from minneapolis to phoenix.

Reasons: They looked muslim.

Three of the imams were seen praying in the terminal before the flight. After they were boarded, some dumb american (full of hatred for muslims, and no common sense, and basically scared with no b*lls just like his government wants him to be), passed a written note to the flight attendent asking the crew to remove the 6 imams onboard. Wats even funnier is that the airline is full of poeple like that passenger. They actually complied with the request and removed the men.

One of the imams was blind too!

All of you proud americans please raise your hand up so I can laugh at you. This is what it has come to. Open stereotyping and discrimination in your supposedly free country. And you guys wonder why people are starting to get pissed off with america.

posted on Nov, 21 2006 @ 09:49 AM
link   
and you know this because you were on the flight also?

Link my man, link... where is the story... there is probably more to it...

posted on Nov, 21 2006 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by elevatedone

Holy ish. Do you want me to spoon feed you? Open any news website, or even yahoo and its in the headlines. Sheesh.

posted on Nov, 21 2006 @ 09:56 AM
link   
news.yahoo.com...

MINNEAPOLIS - The Council on American-Islamic Relations called Tuesday for an investigation into the behavior of airline staff and airport security in the removal of six Muslim scholars from a US Airways flight a day earlier.

A passenger raised concerns about the imams — three of whom said their normal evening prayers in the airport terminal before boarding the Phoenix-bound plane, according to one — through a note passed to a flight attendant, according to Andrea Rader, a spokeswoman for US Airways.

"We are concerned that crew members, passengers and security personnel may have succumbed to fear and prejudice based on stereotyping of Muslims and Islam," Nihad Awad, the council's executive director, said in a news release.

The six were returning from a conference in Minneapolis of the North American Imams Federation, said Omar Shahin of Phoenix, president of the group.

This helps so people can see the whole story, instead of the poster just telling a story which could leave details out.

posted on Nov, 21 2006 @ 10:01 AM
link   
If it's truly the case of an overly paranoid passenger, let's hope he/she was 85 and on their way out.

With this precedence, could it be plausible that passengers on any form of public transport can demand someone of Mulsim 'appearance' to be removed? Buses? Trains?
Tours?

Rediculous, I hope that passenger lost their luggage. Or at least a hairspary bottle exploded in it.

:edit to add: If I was Muslim, I'd be damned sure not to pray in airports before my flight!

[edit on 21-11-2006 by nextguyinline]

posted on Nov, 21 2006 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by half_minded

Holy ish. Do you want me to spoon feed you? Open any news website, or even yahoo and its in the headlines. Sheesh.

No smart A@@... but everyone here should know to include a link to a story that they're posting... sheesh.... I just happen to see it and beat a Mod to posting that a link was needed...

posted on Nov, 21 2006 @ 10:07 AM
link   
and another thing... since that tragic day in Sept 2001.... I have no problem with any passenger being removed from a plane... I don't care if they're white, black, muslim or purple...

oh by the way.... everyone was taken off of the plane before it was finally allowed to leave...

The other passengers on the flight, which was carrying 141 passengers and five crew members, were re-screened for boarding,

posted on Nov, 21 2006 @ 10:17 AM
link   
Why weren't the 6 muslim men 'rescreened' and allowed to get back on the plane?

Send me your pic, so If I see you on my flight, I can pass a note on to the attendants.

posted on Nov, 21 2006 @ 10:20 AM
link   

and another thing... since that tragic day in Sept 2001.... I have no problem with any passenger being removed from a plane... I don't care if they're white, black, muslim or purple...

oh by the way.... everyone was taken off of the plane before it was finally allowed to leave...

The other passengers on the flight, which was carrying 141 passengers and five crew members, were re-screened for boarding,

Hey smarta$$, this just goes to show that because of paranoia and descrimination and pain stupidity, all the passengers had to suffer.

Sep. 11 cannot justify muslims being removed from planes. Muslims who used to love america are now gonna start hating it because of these incidents. Great job

posted on Nov, 21 2006 @ 10:23 AM
link   
this is like going back to the aprthide era where white people kept black people in one area except this time its out of predudice and fear.

these men should sue the airlines for every penny they have.
thats what i would do,

posted on Nov, 21 2006 @ 11:40 AM
link   
Enough with the insults,

please lets get on with the topic at hand,

Also to note for the future..If you start a thread its kind of up to you to supply the links, Its just polite, and gives others a heads up on the full story while reading your idea's.

Thanks,

now back to the topic,

6 Muslim Imams removed from flight.

posted on Nov, 21 2006 @ 12:20 PM
link   
When you're on a plane, the captain (pilot) and his staff basically are the government. They are responsible for the safety of the craft and the souls aboard. If for any reason, they feel uncomfortable about safety, they can do whatever is necessary to fix the problem.

Obviously something about these men concerned them enough to refuse to fly with them aboard.

posted on Nov, 21 2006 @ 12:22 PM
link   
This is really shameful IMO. The air carrier made a mistake, and removed 6 men from a plane for the benefit of terror-stricken passengers. They compounded that mistake by refusing to fly the six men home. Discrimination based on poor judgement, paranoia, ignorance, and prejudice - pure and simple.

This is the result of all the war on terror nonsense - we're allowing our xenophobia to rise to the surface and pollute everything we do.

If I were a muslim, I don't think I would be patronizing these air carriers. Why should paying customers, and more importantly - innocent citizens of the united states, be treated like criminals simply because of their appearance or the fact that they have a religion in common with some criminals?

It's not the American way - or at least, it's not the accepted, openly-discussed, admirable 'American Way', even if it is showing our true colours I'm disgusted by them nonetheless.

Anyway, I won't be flying US Airways again - my beard might freak out some brainless passenger and cause me a whole bunch of hassle I really don't need.

I'm fairly sure mine isn't the only business they'll lose over this incident.

(The above was copied from a thread I posted earlier, that hasn't gotten any responses. I figured I'd be better off leaving this one open and closing my own, since this one has generated more responses. I decided to post my comments to this thread as well.)

posted on Nov, 21 2006 @ 12:34 PM
link   
a blind imam is automatically ruled harmless?

en.wikipedia.org...

that said, I will take the word of the passengers over anyone reading the news and passing judgement. I'm not saying it is right to remove a bunch of muslim looking men without proper cause but they might have been doing something that made the passengers uneasy. It should also be noted that the airline is in the business of making money and they would probably find it financially sound to appease the majority of the passengers and offer the muslim men free first class upgrades, free flight vouchers and a bunch of other things for the inconvenience.

lastly, I will admit that the sight of a group of muslim men on a flight would make me uneasy. Living in NYC, experiencing 9/11 from up close and then being bombarded with news of terror attacks in other countries, failed plots, foiled plans etc, I have to say that the islamic fundamentalists have managed to scare, yes scare, the non muslim world into thinking that any one of them could be a terrorist and the unfortunate side effect of this is the non-violent, non-terrorist muslims are going to suffer from our fears and prejudices. what's even sadder than this is that these non-violent, non-terrorist muslims do very little to combat this. They don't speak out against the terrorism, the don't try and educate about the koran, they don't call this small group of terrorists out for ruining their religion.

posted on Nov, 21 2006 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by djohnsto77
Obviously something about these men concerned them enough to refuse to fly with them aboard.

You are right. I think it may have been the beard. Or maybe the blind imam was dangerous looking. Maybe the prayer in the terminal gave them away. Or maybe they just looked like muslims (AKA terrorists). I am sure the flight staff had some very darn good reason to kick them off. I am just so glad that airline people are taking steps to ensure the white people's safety by keeping muslims off planes. Better yet they should just go to every muslim's house and kill them.

Thank you american government and paranoid (AKA incredibly stupid) passengers for ensuring a safe environment for everyone. I am so proud of you America.

I am glad every american is taking it into their hands to ensure that those darn muslim terrorists stay off their land (their land = native american land which they slaughtered and stole from).

Muslims being kicked off planes. Muslims being beat up by 'innocent' drunk teenagers. Sikh people beinbg shot because of their turban. Muslims being 'randomly' visited by FBI and questioned for hours (in some cases, detained for days).

I spit on that passenger and US airways. I spit on everyone who supports the discrimination.

Nazi Germany = America (almost).

posted on Nov, 21 2006 @ 12:50 PM
link   
Remember that the nazis did the same thing with the jews in the 30s. Let's open the FEMA camps!
The average joe is freaking stupid... those who thinks fear doesn't control the general population, here's a proof! I just hope it won't turn to open racism and ban on muslims... America is dead.

posted on Nov, 21 2006 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo
Remember that the nazis did the same thing with the jews in the 30s. Let's open the FEMA camps!
The average joe is freaking stupid... those who thinks fear doesn't control the general population, here's a proof! I just hope it won't turn to open racism and ban on muslims... America is dead.

Well guess what happens when the oppressed become the oppressors?

You have a complete circle where one does not have the right to criticize the other that's what.

I think this story is either seriously lacking facts or it is clearly discrimination.

posted on Nov, 21 2006 @ 01:16 PM
link   
What are you saying? I don't understand. Who are the opressor and who were the opressed?

[edit on 21-11-2006 by Vitchilo]

posted on Nov, 21 2006 @ 01:22 PM
link   
Um - maybe the captain felt the Iman's safety was an issue. Some drunk hillbillies starting a ruckus at 30,000ft ain't good for a flight.

Bottom line - airlines and pilots are businesses and can choose who they will or will not fly on their aircraft. Period. You can cry discrtimination all the way to the Supreme Court and you will lose - why, like I said above, the Captains word is GOD on a flight. Why, becuase the safety of all the other people on the plane rule above the needs of a few. Remember Spock - "the needs of the many outweight the needs of a few or in this case the one" - same thing....

I'm sure they got a refund for their tickets and either flew on another carrier or took a rental car or bus if the trip was so important.

Don't blame the civilized world for this crap - blame the pinheads that started all this ruckus on 9/11 (that could be a govenrment cabal or your local Islamic militant). If you believe the latter as I do, then that's who they need to blame and have the outrage against, not the 95% of us and the airlines that just want a safe flight that is not hijacked for some crazy martyrdom stunt....

posted on Nov, 21 2006 @ 01:29 PM
link   

If you believe the latter as I do, then that's who they need to blame and have the outrage against, not the 95% of us and the airlines that just want a safe flight that is not hijacked for some crazy martyrdom stunt....

Yeah, an IRRATIONAL fear. You've got no balls. And first, Imams won't commit martyrdom. Second, when you fear something you can't think rationally... like being afraid of muslims when you have 10.000 more chances to die from being hit by a lighning that being killed in a terrorist attack.

NO BALLS!!!

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join