It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

6 Muslim Imams removed from flight.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2006 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Well I do blame the civilized world for this crap. The passenger who had the problem, should have left the plane, and taken a bus, or rental car if THEIR trip was so important.

As far as being a business, they are, and the captain does NOT have the ultimate authority on what goes on his/her plane until the door closes, the engines start and has left the ground. I'm would almost guarantee the decision to pull them off was made by an admin. Not the pilot. I could be wrong, and the rules may have changed.

If it was pure business, the 1 passenger would have been removed, and the 6 others would have stayed. 6 x fare > 1 x fare.

posted on Nov, 21 2006 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by nextguyinline
If it was pure business, the 1 passenger would have been removed, and the 6 others would have stayed. 6 x fare > 1 x fare.

wrong math.

let's assume 100 passengers for this. might be more, might be less.

6 muslims given first class upgrades on a flight that was flying without them. no additional cost other than the food and drink they consume. no liquor (against the koran) so no major cost bump. some free vouchers to further compensate. flights travel with or without them so no additional cost other than food. minimal increase in expenditures.

remove one passenger and offer the same. minimal cost. However, upset say 50% of the passengers who voiced unease over the 6 muslims. 50 passengers never fly your airline again. Big losses.

I'll offer the muslims refunds, first class vouchers etc for the inconvenience. They are probably a bit more understanding since they are well aware of the fact that a militant offshoot of their religion has pushed the rest of the world into a corner that results in this kind of unfortunate behavior. Perhaps they will tell their following that more violence against non-muslims is not the answer but, rather, let's try and educate those that are taking the violent path. Let's show them that there is a way to follow the koran and not kill non-believers.

of course, the other side of that is the 6 are so enraged with their treatment that they make a trek to the middle east, get some training and start their own cell back home.

lose lose situation all around.

posted on Nov, 21 2006 @ 01:55 PM
link   
My math is fine. 6x is always greater than 1x when x is positive. According to the article, only (1) passenger was concerned.

I didn't presume to think that 50% or any other percent would be angry over removing the man and not doing business with the airline. Forget about all that coupons and discounts and stuff.

It's under investigation, whoopdie doo, maybe the Imams could at least get a public apology from the airline.

I have an oversea's trip coming next year. I'm really thinking about passing a note of concern about a passenger that I'll pick out when I get there. I'm thinking it's going to be a white male in a business suit. I'll try to find one uttering prayers to himself in the gate.

:edit: wanted to add on, but changed my mind.

[edit on 21-11-2006 by nextguyinline]

posted on Nov, 21 2006 @ 02:02 PM
link   
I've got huge balls but why even take the risk..?? The needs of the many bit....

Like I said, the blame goes back to people that started this, not people like me or you pretty much the 95%+ of us that just want a safe flight....

If I had an airline, I'd make YOU supply an FBI background check on yourself at your expense or have proof that you were a frequent flyer for the last 10+ years before 9/11.

As a business person, why should I risk my expensive planes and the lives of other passengers just to accomodate a few..?? I wouldn't, because it makes no business sense....

Actually, if I can get my Muslim friends to pony up the cash, I'm going to start "Magic Carpet Airlines" and cater just to the Muslims of the world. Good niche business and a good Muslim would never blow up another Muslim so I should make out like bank.

posted on Nov, 21 2006 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Because there's no risk. You overhype it. There was no attack on an airplane since 9/11. And IMO, 9/11 was an inside job, so where's the threat? No threat at all.

Let's divide everything like the nazis did. Shops for the jews and shops for everyone else. Or highway for muslims and highway for no-muslim.

[edit on 21-11-2006 by Vitchilo]

posted on Nov, 21 2006 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by UofCinLA
a good Muslim would never blow up another Muslim so I should make out like bank.

um, do you not read the papers?
I do like the idea but it is segregation and open for lawsuits, along with the fact that it is teaching the wrong lesson. The idea is to try and educate the masses to work and live and play together, not apart.

nextguy, I didn't catch the part in that article that said the airline refunded the money and refused to sell the imams tickets the next day. bad form for sure.

I will stand by comments that the airlines are going to work to appease the masses over the imams. I am not saying I personally would do this, I'm saying, as an owner of an airline operating in and around the united states of america, it is probably in your best interest to work towards making your most common passengers happiest. The customer is always right is being changed to the customer who consists of the largest group of core spending for my income is always right.

posted on Nov, 21 2006 @ 02:22 PM
link   
So I guess its ok to discriminate for business profits. Applause.

Its ok to harass innocent people based on personal concerns. Applause.

Its ok to segregate one group of people because you love to stereotype them.

I hate people like you. People like you are a burden on earth. You contribute nothing to society than hatred.

If that blind imam was not wearing a beard and had wihte skin, everyone would have been very compassionate towards him. But since he looked muslim, he was immeditaely looked upon with suspicious eyes.

And the reasoning 'They must have done something suspicious'......Tell me exactly what. Name one thing.

And the reasoning 'Safety concerns'.........more 'crazy, angry' american carry guns than u think. Throw them out of the country first voz u never know when they might go on a killing spree.

posted on Nov, 21 2006 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Flying is a 'privelage', not a right, and the right to saftey is foremost. It was more than one passenger who was concerned, and I would think the the gentlemen would be more aware of their surroundings. Again, the men refused to leave the plane, which drew more suspicion. I would venture to guess if they got off quietly, rescreened everyone, that they would have been on that filight. This has happened before.

www.breitbart.com...

Also, They stood, on the plane, not the terminal, and began prayers. I can tell you that if i was on that plane you can call me paranoid, but I would have wanted off. Another thing is, Why did 3 of them pray, and the other 3 did not?

Also, the Imams called everyone on the plane ignorant.

Also, it was a spokesman for the Imams who stated that they were 'refused' tickets the next day, not the airline.

Personally, I hope they fly some camels home....

posted on Nov, 21 2006 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Lets just say for example after the passenger voiced his concrens over the imams
and the airline decided to ignore it.........all of a sudden midflight, the plane is hijacked and smashed into a building, many people die and it becomes public that the airline was told before the flight of a possible problem, now the airlane is in the shi*s. now i aint saying that it would have happenend only that it could have
either way the airline is WRONG

posted on Nov, 21 2006 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by PlayeR87
Lets just say for example after the passenger voiced his concrens over the imams
and the airline decided to ignore it.........all of a sudden midflight, the plane is hijacked and smashed into a building, many people die and it becomes public that the airline was told before the flight of a possible problem, now the airlane is in the shi*s. now i aint saying that it would have happenend only that it could have
either way the airline is WRONG

after all passangers were screened?

nice preception
like it how people here can twist things into what if scenarios.

so from now on when we take a plane and someone doent like us because of the colour of our skin or what we wear they can just discreatly say i think he/shes a security risk dont let them on.

sorry but i find it pathetic and as i said before if this happens they should sue the airlines.

posted on Nov, 21 2006 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by half_minded

Originally posted by djohnsto77
Obviously something about these men concerned them enough to refuse to fly with them aboard.

You are right. I think it may have been the beard. Or maybe the blind imam was dangerous looking. Maybe the prayer in the terminal gave them away. Or maybe they just looked like muslims (AKA terrorists). I am sure the flight staff had some very darn good reason to kick them off. I am just so glad that airline people are taking steps to ensure the white people's safety by keeping muslims off planes. Better yet they should just go to every muslim's house and kill them.

Thank you american government and paranoid (AKA incredibly stupid) passengers for ensuring a safe environment for everyone. I am so proud of you America.

I am glad every american is taking it into their hands to ensure that those darn muslim terrorists stay off their land (their land = native american land which they slaughtered and stole from).

Muslims being kicked off planes. Muslims being beat up by 'innocent' drunk teenagers. Sikh people beinbg shot because of their turban. Muslims being 'randomly' visited by FBI and questioned for hours (in some cases, detained for days).

I spit on that passenger and US airways. I spit on everyone who supports the discrimination.

Nazi Germany = America (almost).

Wow just wow. Talk about full of hate. Take a look in the mirror.

Hmm lets see which people are the ones who on a regular daily basis blow themselves up? Is it any wonder why people are SCARED?

Have you ever noticed people get scared of bees even if they are just bumble bees. This is not hate it is fear. And to a good extent justified. The airlines if sure about their saftey precautions should have assured the passengers that it was "OK".
Guess what. Stuff happens. If something like this blows your top then its time to take a break.

posted on Nov, 21 2006 @ 02:46 PM
link   
airliners can refuse to fly anyone they consider a security risk and if you dont like that its your problem
the first people i would blame for this MUSLIM = Possible terrorist is the fantic Shi*s
that planned 9/11
i cant recall a muslim getting on a plane pre 9/11 much of a problem

posted on Nov, 21 2006 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo
Because there's no risk. You overhype it. There was no attack on an airplane since 9/11. And IMO, 9/11 was an inside job, so where's the threat? No threat at all.

Let's divide everything like the nazis did. Shops for the jews and shops for everyone else. Or highway for muslims and highway for no-muslim.

[edit on 21-11-2006 by Vitchilo]

Actually remember richard reid the shoe bomber? It was the passengers who stopped him from blowing a hole in the plane. Before 9/11 these people, yes THESE PEOPLE, were just hijacking planes. Oh that is better I guess.

Nothing is being seperated, stop being so dramatic. h

The world isn't black or white either. Stuff happens.

[edit on 21-11-2006 by American Madman]

posted on Nov, 21 2006 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by American Madman

So you can hate and I cant? You can kick people off planes and I cant kick you off the face of this planet because I dont like the way you look?

Hmm lets see which people are the ones who on a regular daily basis blow themselves up? Is it any wonder why people are SCARED?

Hmm lets see, which people are the ones causing wars all over the world based on lies. So why should I believe any 'official' stories coming from them?

Have you ever noticed people get scared of bees even if they are just bumble bees. This is not hate it is fear. And to a good extent justified. The airlines if sure about their saftey precautions should have assured the passengers that it was "OK".

Have you ever noticed that when people get scared of bumble bees, they either run or hide and protect themselves. They DONT tell the bees to go away because they COULD be dangerous.

Guess what. Stuff happens. If something like this blows your top then its time to take a break.

Guess what. I just spit on your face. If something like this blows your top then its time to take a break.

posted on Nov, 21 2006 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Nothing is being seperated, stop being so dramatic.

The world isn't black or white either. Stuff happens.

Next time someone rapes your daughter or wife or mother, etc. Dont be dramatic because rape happens.

posted on Nov, 21 2006 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by PlayeR87
airliners can refuse to fly anyone they consider a security risk and if you dont like that its your problem
the first people i would blame for this MUSLIM = Possible terrorist is the fantic Shi*s
that planned 9/11
i cant recall a muslim getting on a plane pre 9/11 much of a problem

They were a security risk based on what? Name one FACT that made them a security risk at that moment on that flight.

You have no proof that muslims planned 9/11 so come up with some other excuse to justify this stupid act by the airline.

Name the security risk these men were causing. Name one.

posted on Nov, 21 2006 @ 02:56 PM
link   

They were a security risk based on what? Name one FACT that made them a security risk at that moment on that flight.

dont waste your time

some of these people dont have a clue what they talk about, to them we muslims are evil and out to take over the world.

we are muslim that is security risk enough for them

posted on Nov, 21 2006 @ 03:07 PM
link   
How about the Fact that they refused to get off the plane when asked
perhaps if they did not refuse to get off they might have got back on after the screening.. who knows
so if the airliner considered that to be a security risk then they were acting in the passengers best interest but of course you dont really care about the risks

and yes MUSLIMS were behind 9/11 are one of them even admitted to it
www.foxnews.com...
but then again i am non muslim so in your eyes i am wrong of course

posted on Nov, 21 2006 @ 03:14 PM
link   
There is a difference between having to take another flight and rape...
Stop being dramatic.

Of course if your from the mid east you might not think so. They kill over anything.

posted on Nov, 21 2006 @ 03:21 PM
link   

So you can hate and I cant? You can kick people off planes and I cant kick you off the face of this planet because I dont like the way you look?

Hmm lets see, which people are the ones causing wars all over the world based on lies. So why should I believe any 'official' stories coming from them?

Have you ever noticed that when people get scared of bumble bees, they either run or hide and protect themselves. They DONT tell the bees to go away because they COULD be dangerous.

Guess what. I just spit on your face. If something like this blows your top then its time to take a break.

Who said I could hate and you couldn't? You can hate all you want untill you involve someone other then yourself. Feel free

Hmm lets see count all the wars the are have been the last 50 years. WHen your done tell me how many were started by evil america. Then you tell me how many are civil wars the have been going on for a long time. You'll find lots of them in africa the balkans and oh yeah the mid east.

Most people start swating at the bees. However when dealing with people who preach death and put ak 47s in their toddlers hands I would show no fear cause that only invites more bees to attack.

"Spit in my face" wow that is very offensive how about I stomp yours... I can play that game too.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join