It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kerry Says Military Servicemen Stupid

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2006 @ 05:31 PM
link   
Oh boy..

The video begins with Kerry being described as "an articulate, clear voice".
I could not get past that. The irony is killing me.

Thanks for finding that video, by the way!

posted on Nov, 2 2006 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by ShatteredSkies

Originally posted by Shar_Chi
So you spent 6 of the best years of your life serving a corrupt regime hell bent on destroying your own country...

I'm sorry for going off topic here, but this comment is just repulsive.
You obviously are shortsided and blinded.
Me, I considered enlistment and listened to what those who had gone through enlistment or who have served had to say, and I don't mean recruiters.
As far as I'm concerned they did it to serve their country and for the benefits, not to serve under a "corrupt" regime as you so put it. What national government isn't corrupt?
Nothing you've said is justifyable in my eyes.
Shattered OUT...

Sorry if being cynical about war and armies is controversial, it's really my own opinion and I am in the clear minority. I'm sure most folks who enlist have the best intentions and want to serve their country with honor, I don't question that. But everyone around the world is taught to be a patriot to their respective country, and mindless nationalism is very dangerous indeed.

Sooner or later you should realise that war is a farce perpetrated by Government representatives of the Iron Triangle against innocent people for profit & power. From my view, joining the armed forces is totally stupid as you are serving a negative cause that only perpetuates human suffering.

Only when people refuse to kill each other and demand better Government can we progress together as a race. So you can say I need a reality check, but I can assure you the best way to world peace is not through war.

posted on Nov, 2 2006 @ 06:22 PM
link   
Well, it isn't really about suffering. There's more to it than that, when you join, you're also volunteering to defend your country. Even if you don't believe in everything the military is doing, your presence can save lives, and in that way it's right. It's a complex issue, but when people make it like joining the military is bad because of politics, it's a bit insulting to me.

posted on Nov, 2 2006 @ 06:25 PM
link   
Quick question...

Is John Kerry looking for another Purple Heart, after shooting himself in the foot?

another quick question...

Will Democrats nominate this clown to run again in 2008? God I hope so!

posted on Nov, 2 2006 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by RRconservative
After all this, why would they go and do that?

posted on Nov, 2 2006 @ 06:56 PM
link   
I think this is the end for poor Kerry. According to my math he'll be up for re-election in 2008, and any opponent either in the primary or general election would be able to beat him over the head with his own words so much, I doubt he'd even run.

[edit on 11/2/2006 by djohnsto77]

posted on Nov, 2 2006 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by firebat

After all this, why would they go and do that?

Why did they nominate him in 2004? Why did they nominate ALGORE in 2000?

I think the Democrats like boring, low IQ Presidential candidates, which would put Kerry back in the running in 2008. Maybe ALGORE and Kerry can team up and run together!

posted on Nov, 2 2006 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Why did they nominate him in 2004?
Lack of options?

Why did they nominate ALGORE in 2000?
Again, lack of options?

I think the Democrats like boring, low IQ Presidential candidates

As opposed to loud, obnoxious, alcoholic, unqualified low-IQ Presidential candidates?

[edit on 2-11-2006 by firebat]

posted on Nov, 2 2006 @ 08:53 PM
link   
How do the students feel after that utterance.

They are all losers anyway because they will never make a difference
in the world situation. Trained to sit on one spot and watch the oil economy
flush the world down the tubes.

The Army and Military are doers and thats a fact.

The real issues will never be tackled and people with stupid remarks
in politics know when they are finished.

posted on Nov, 2 2006 @ 09:02 PM
link   
Tesla, there are people out there who are non-military related who do dramatically change the world and its situation, that is why we award Nobel Peace Prizes.

Not all problems are solved through military might, however I'm a firm believe of:

"Only the dead have seen the end of war."

You can minimize conflict, you can't get rid of it.

Shattered OUT...

posted on Nov, 2 2006 @ 09:30 PM
link   
Just ran acrossthis article, thought I'd share it here.

Why the Democrats should have told John Kerry: 'Don't mention the war'

And here's a couple of quotes from it.

There is compelling evidence now that John Kerry is a kind of Manchurian Candidate of Democratic politics. It seems entirely possible that at some point in his career, he was seized by a youthful Karl Rove, brainwashed and programmed to kill off, at crucial moments in American history, the Democratic party’s political prospects.

The clues were there all along, if we’d only looked closely enough. His curious combination of self-satisfied superiority and baffled indecisiveness was obviously too contradictory a mental characteristic to be natural. His ponderous oratorical style and studied condescension suggested something artificial had interfered with the firing of the synapses.

But the plot worked brilliantly. In 2004, as the party’s presidential candidate, Mr Kerry contrived to throw away a golden opportunity for a Democratic victory against an increasingly unpopular incumbent fighting an increasingly unpopular war.

Startlingly, this week, with the Democrats on the brink of their first clear victory in congressional elections for 14 years, the Manchurian Candidate seized a rare second chance to assassinate his party. Speaking to a crowd of students in California, Mr Kerry mused on the importance of education: “If you make the most of it, if you study hard and you do your homework, and you make an effort to be smart, you can do well. If you don’t, you get stuck in Iraq.”

Now it is entirely plausible that Mr Kerry did not mean to insult the intelligence and diligence of all who serve in the US military, and that he was merely bungling a rather predictable joke about President Bush’s supposed intellectual shortcomings.

But the ambiguity of the remark, coupled with the Massachusetts senator having a bit of form when it comes to making demeaning remarks about American soldiers, was unfortunate to say the least. Whatever Americans think of the war in Iraq, they harbour a deep respect for their men and women in uniform. The clumsy gaffe clearly required an urgent clarification and an apology.

[edit on 2/11/06 by Keyhole]

posted on Nov, 2 2006 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by semperfortis
WAIT A MINUTE!!!

I listened to it....
I heard it....

It is very very simple and clear what he said....

Kerry can spin it, you can spin it, but really there is only one translation for the english he was speaking..

While campaigning in California, the Massachusetts senator told a college crowd on Monday: “You know, education, if you make the most of it, you study hard, you do your homework and you make an effort to be smart, you can do well. If you don’t, you get stuck in Iraq.”

Now, I am NOT the most intelligent person on here, but I do happen to have an advanced degree and I can usually "Fathom" out some of the more simplistic things that people say. What is unclear about this?

“You know, education, if you make the most of it, you study hard, you do your homework and you make an effort to be smart, you can do well. If you don’t, you get stuck in Iraq.”

How can that possibly be construed any other way? OH Yeah..... By those that refuse to see the truth... Yeah that's it....

Semper

ShatteredSkies I saw your post as well.

This is in reguards to science students since I have spectulated a few things
about oil money influence on textbooks and funding of education.

Its not the students fault, they will learn what they are taught.
But are there science facts that have been hidden, I think so.

It is the only factor that is the root of the problem, the candidates have
nowhere to go except insult one another and for FOX news to catch Kerry
saying the wrong thing.

posted on Nov, 2 2006 @ 09:37 PM
link   
The cartoonists have been having a field day with Kerry over the last couple of days:

cagle.com...

Here are a few of my favorites"

posted on Nov, 2 2006 @ 09:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by firebat
As opposed to loud, obnoxious, alcoholic, unqualified low-IQ Presidential candidates?

To my knowledge, Ted Kennedy has never run for president.

[edit on 2006/11/2 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Nov, 2 2006 @ 09:57 PM
link   
The fact remains most US grunts are indeed thick as vegetables.Just like the sheeple at home.

posted on Nov, 2 2006 @ 10:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by GradyPhilpott
To my knowledge, Ted Kennedy has never run for president.

He's run for the Democratic presidential nomination. In fact he did so against a sitting president of his own party in 1980.

posted on Nov, 2 2006 @ 10:02 PM
link   
Grady,

Add the image of my opinion to your collection..

Semper

posted on Nov, 2 2006 @ 10:11 PM
link   
I think you got him morphing into the wrong end of the horse there, semper.

posted on Nov, 2 2006 @ 11:50 PM
link   
Amusing.

Ok, you guys can sit in your bash Kerry "box" and go on worrying about stuff that's really not important. As for me? I'm going to keep an eye on the WORSE and REAL evil in this world. You guys need to concern yourself more with who is at the controls and if you didn't notice already, Kerry isn't. Some of you are so 'desperate' to keep your "R" party in control that you can't see the nose in front of your face. I call this the "box dilusion" and this country is going to HELL because of "box" people like YOU. Keep it up...your only digging your graves deeper and you don't even realize it.

The biggest irony here is that I'm not even a Democrat!

[edit on 2-11-2006 by ViewFromTheStars]

posted on Nov, 3 2006 @ 12:05 AM
link   

who is at the controls and if you didn't notice already, Kerry isn't.

In all reality Kerry being a Senator actually gives him much more far reaching "Power" or authority than the President that you so hate....

Taking into consideration that a Senator has the unique ability and opportunity to influence affairs on both a National and a State level, this far out-reaches the very simple "Veto" power that any one sitting President wields.

However, your use of the verbiage "Kerry Hater" in response to the thread, and an obvious attempt at comparison of the "Bush Hater" threads is really quite comical. Just looking at the "recent" board activity, one can easily enumerate dozens of threads in the "Bush Hater" realm, and only two so far that would fall under the category of "Kerry" hating.

Yet your final parting comment that you are "Not a Democrat" clearly exhibits either a mild guilt complex for having democratic tendencies, or an obvious attempt at the fraudulent representation of your political ideals.....
Many post on these threads and use the same ploy.. Making statements that they are not political, are not Democrats, Not Republicans... Yet as the old adage goes, "Ones actions speak far louder than their words." Well on here all we have to serve as indicators is the words of the poster. If those words auspicate the tendency to support a Liberal Agenda, then pontificating to the contrary is irrelevant.

Semper

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join