It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kerry Says Military Servicemen Stupid

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2006 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by ViewFromTheStars
"The He said/she said crap stops NOW!"

Says who?

At least in this "he said" situation you saw "him say it out of his own mouth"..

Also, who are you to decide what's on 'topic' and what's not?

Not in this thread you don't.

I suggest you look at the top of this page where it say, "This forum is moderated by....."

If anyone has a problem with that feel free to u2u me on it, or file a Complaint.

NOW, let this topic continue.

posted on Nov, 2 2006 @ 04:37 PM
link   
The bottom line (No matter what he thought) is that Kerry's comments were taken by most to mean that only the idiots end up in the military. That's what the service men and women think (see picture above), that's what most of the press believes, and that's the general concensus of most. Even from quite a few die-hard democrats.

Has anyone actually posted a link to the video yet? He doesn't say much about George Bush before or after his comment. He is speaking to a group of college students and the context is that they are smart and not in Iraq. You know, keep up the good work or you'll end up a bum in the military.

www.youtube.com...

[edit on 2-11-2006 by dbates]

posted on Nov, 2 2006 @ 04:43 PM
link   
Yeah, intrepid, you MOD you...what gives you the...?

I really do love that Banner from the troops.
Not only shows how smart they are. But shows humor even in the face of an insult.

Thing is. the election isn't really about Kerry, and he's the news.
It IS very sad that the way he keeps getting press, is by inserting foot...OVER and OVER.
I mean, do you have to dry clean your socks when they are covered in THAT MUCH saliva? Or will regualr detergent do? Eh, what does he care. An ELITIST never does his own laundry anyway.

then not admitting the he could even REMOTELY be wrong about someting.
Elitist, definitely.

posted on Nov, 2 2006 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Well, look at the faux wars they get sent to by jackasses who couldn't give a **** if they come back or not. Someone's gotta be 5 cans short of a 6 pack to enlist imo.

posted on Nov, 2 2006 @ 04:49 PM
link   
Ok Intrepid.. I wasn't aware who all was a moderator at this point but I still do not agree with you on what I cited as being off topic... The hypocricy of the 'myopic republican' crowd is staggering and this hypocrisy is very relevant to this topic. How else could I have illustrated this hypocrisy?

I'm not intentionally trying to derail this thread but it's definitely biased so I think I have every right to 'draw' up any analogy that shines light on the apparent hypocrisy involved.

[edit on 2-11-2006 by ViewFromTheStars]

posted on Nov, 2 2006 @ 04:49 PM
link   
Not a Kerry supported, but I think that his little comment was taken out of context and used to slant towards one side of the political spectrum. This has biased bullcrap written all over it, and so does every person in this thread including me.

Then again, what is Human nature than to be a Biased SoB?

Kerry is no exception, nor is any other politician out there, but hey if they don't do it, who will? The people with consciences? Such as the saints here at ATS?

Shattered OUT...

posted on Nov, 2 2006 @ 04:52 PM
link   
To me this is not about Kerry vs Bush. It's about the TRUTH. Why does the truth stop for most people at a party line and at a name?

posted on Nov, 2 2006 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shar_Chi
Someone's gotta be 5 cans short of a 6 pack to enlist imo.

Or lazy and self-centered if they don't. IMO of course.

Personally I did 4 years active duty and 2 years as a reserve. How stupid am I? Computer Science major with a minor in math. From my experience our nation's brightest and finest serve in the military.

posted on Nov, 2 2006 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by dbates

Personally I did 4 years active duty and 2 years as a reserve. How stupid am I? Computer Science major with a minor in math. From my experience our nation's brightest and finest serve in the military.

So you spent 6 of the best years of your life serving a corrupt regime hell bent on destroying your own country...

posted on Nov, 2 2006 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by dbates

So you spent 6 of the best years of your life serving a corrupt regime hell bent on destroying your own country...

I believed he never mentioned which regime he served under at the time.

[edit on 2-11-2006 by deltaboy]

posted on Nov, 2 2006 @ 04:59 PM
link   
Yes sir! And proud of it. It's sad if you think patriotism died with George Washington.

Yes it was some of the "best years of my life ". We were heroes back then. The U.S. was so proud of everything we did. Now sadly, it comes down to the military being referred to as if they were just a bunch of high-school drop-outs.

posted on Nov, 2 2006 @ 05:01 PM
link   
I am sick of seeing only the quote. I have watched the Youtube video, and all it shows is the quote in question and a sentence or two following it. Who has the entire speech text so we can discuss this in context?? Or the video of the ENTIRE SPEECH. No one dare show it, or it could show that he was truly talking of bush!! Can any one find it?????????

posted on Nov, 2 2006 @ 05:02 PM
link   

I'm sorry for going off topic here, but this comment is just repulsive.

You obviously are shortsided and blinded.

Me, I considered enlistment and listened to what those who had gone through enlistment or who have served had to say, and I don't mean recruiters.

As far as I'm concerned they did it to serve their country and for the benefits, not to serve under a "corrupt" regime as you so put it. What national government isn't corrupt?

Nothing you've said is justifyable in my eyes.

Shattered OUT...

posted on Nov, 2 2006 @ 05:04 PM
link   
kerry.senate.gov...

I am also trying to look for the full text version. This one goes back to 2003 and stops there. Weird...

posted on Nov, 2 2006 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by ShatteredSkies

As far as I'm concerned they did it to serve their country and for the benefits, not to serve under a "corrupt" regime as you so put it. What national government isn't corrupt?

Nothing you've said is justifyable in my eyes.

Shattered OUT...

Irrelevant, as Bush has done nothing but destroy the very roots of what make this country great. Patriotism died when Bush was elected, then was reborn on 9-11....but not for long, it was then shot dead again when we went to Iraq. Every move made by this corupt group of individuals (including a smear campaign to draw attention away from real issues - as this thread is living proof of) is another bullet in the corpse of patriotism. Anyone found the text of the speech yet? Anyone dare find out what he was speaking in context to? Or are you too busy listening to Rush Limbaugh??

posted on Nov, 2 2006 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Now we're talking about Rush Limbaugh? Good grief what part of off-topic don't you understand. You've just attempted to swerve the topic to 9-11 and George Bush again. Please at least pretend to stay on topic.

posted on Nov, 2 2006 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by deltaboy
kerry.senate.gov...

I am also trying to look for the full text version. This one goes back to 2003 and stops there. Weird...

Thanks for looking Delta!! I too found this site and thought it weird that it stopped in 2003, however you can find full text versions of every speech Kerry has given online as I have discovered the last few days - EXCEPT this one.... hmmmmmmmmmm........Weird.......

posted on Nov, 2 2006 @ 05:10 PM
link   
www.johnkerry.com...

I found it!!! Its titled John Kerry speaks a rally in Pasadena.

Not a transcript, but its good enough to satisfy those who wants to check.

[edit on 2-11-2006 by deltaboy]

posted on Nov, 2 2006 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by LogansRun
Thanks for looking Delta!! I too found this site and thought it weird that it stopped in 2003, however you can find full text versions of every speech Kerry has given online as I have discovered the last few days - EXCEPT this one.... hmmmmmmmmmm........Weird.......

Not really, they're still in the process of rewriting it so it's blatantly obvious that it's a FACT that he meant to tell a joke instead of not cracking a smile or anything as he expressed his sentiments on the...erm...president.

Some more jokes Kerry told that Frank J over at IMAO.us "found":

Q. Why did U.S. troops raid an organ donation facility in Iraq?
A. They were told they won the Iraqis hearts and minds and went to claim their prize.

Q. Why are so many U.S. troops eager to sign up for Iraq?
A. They think it's Sony's new competitor to the iPod.

Q. What the deadliest trap an insurgent can set for a U.S. troop?
A. Affixing a scratch and sniff sticker to the bottom of a pool.

NOTE: If read correctly, these jokes are all about insulting Bush's intelligence.

EDIT: Source

[edit on 11/2/06/02 by junglejake]

posted on Nov, 2 2006 @ 05:16 PM
link   
He does make one joke about Bush being in the state of denial insted of the state of Texas. Then he says "We're here today to talk about education." Right after that hey makes the now famous remark. I think it's pretty obvious that he's talking about the students and not George Bush. Anyone who disagrees is in the state of denial with George Bush.

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join