It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Kerry Says Military Servicemen Stupid

page: 14
7
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2006 @ 12:12 AM
link   
"While campaigning in California, the Massachusetts senator told a college crowd on Monday: “You know, education, if you make the most of it, you study hard, you do your homework and you make an effort to be smart, you can do well. If you don’t, you get stuck in Iraq.”


That statement makes me think that Kerry Plans to stay in the Middle east for the long term.

Maybe this is will help him build his " Ideal" America, send the Dumb ones off to War, after all the world seems set on entering a state of perpetual Warfare.


Better off with the Devil you know Rather than the Devil you dont.




posted on Nov, 3 2006 @ 12:21 AM
link   

Semporfortis

In all reality Kerry being a Senator actually gives him much more far reaching "Power" or authority than the President that you so hate....


Huh? Semper, I'm not even going to itemize on that one because I am extremely tired at the moment and perhaps someone else here will explain how such a ludicrous statement could not be true.. (On ANY level)

Also Semper, It's unfortunate that you are unable to grasp the concept of being Independent. I'm am pro life.. so how can I be a Democrat? Even though I am pro life there are many Republican values that don't resonate with me.. Does that 'automatically' make me a Democrat? Apparently it does in your myopic little world.

Although this is hard for you to accept or comprehend, I am neither Democrat nor Republican get over it. Do my words auspicate the tendency to support a Liberal Agenda as you say? That is YOUR generalizaion.. NOT mine. Amusing.. you can't or refuse to grasp the concept of being Independent so you thrash about with simplifications and generalizations.. is that a ploy as you call it? I prefer to call it a tactic and hopefully it's not an intentional one on your part.








et your final parting comment that you are "Not a Democrat" clearly exhibits either a mild guilt complex for having democratic tendencies, or an obvious attempt at the fraudulent representation of your political ideals.....


Funny Semper but sad too. Trust me, I have no guilt, mild or otherwise, for having what "seems" to you mild democratic tendencies.

The only fraudulent representation here is you twisting my words and trying to shove me in your little "box". (Guess what, that's not going to happen)




P.S. Big words will not save you.



[edit on 3-11-2006 by ViewFromTheStars]



posted on Nov, 3 2006 @ 12:30 AM
link   
What you stand for goes WAY beyond what you may profess in the words so easy to type....

Your literary expressions are far more revealing, as are mine and anyone else that chooses to expose themselves by this literate means of expression.

Whether you choose to carry a label, in no way diminishes your aptitude towards that philosophy. "Though I may call myself an Eagle, I yet walk as a Man"

And realistically, it is whatever lets you sleep at night....

As for reiterating to me the authority granted and exercised by either house, senate or president. .....Please....... Not likely anytime soon...

Semper



posted on Nov, 3 2006 @ 12:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by semperfortis
What you stand for goes WAY beyond what you may profess in the words so easy to type....

Your literary expressions are far more revealing, as are mine and anyone else that chooses to expose themselves by this literate means of expression.

Whether you choose to carry a label, in no way diminishes your aptitude towards that philosophy. "Though I may call myself an Eagle, I yet walk as a Man"

And realistically, it is whatever lets you sleep at night....

As for reiterating to me the authority granted and exercised by either house, senate or president. .....Please....... Not likely anytime soon...

Semper



Ok Semper, please analyze my literary expressions and explain to us all how they make me a Democrat...


BTW, you don't know what all I stand for so save it for someone how doesn't know better.

Hate to break it to you but I don't carry any label just because YOU desperately try to pin it on me.

Your "evaluation" of my 'literary expressions' is purely subjective but my values are mostly 'objective'.. You do know the difference don't you? Like I said earlier, I am PRO LIFE.. that is a FACT but your "opinion" on my 'literary expressions' is just that... an OPINION, so I ask again.. how can I be a Democrat? You are trying to shove me into your little "box" because of what seems is limited perception. (Or as you say, fraudulent misrepresentation) Just because YOU 'perceive some 'liberal tendencies' in my 'literary expression' does not automatically make me a Democrat. The onus is on you my friend!

"As for reiterating to me the authority granted and exercised by either house, senate or president. .....Please....... Not likely anytime soon..."

Not up to it right now because you and I both know that this is not a simple one to tackle. It's very deceptive to try and say that the President has less power than any ONE govenor or senator. (The 'whole' house or senate? that's another story) Another attempt at simplification and generalization of something to make it 'fit' your argument.







[edit on 3-11-2006 by ViewFromTheStars]



posted on Nov, 3 2006 @ 02:20 AM
link   
For the record and ON TOPIC..

I don't like Kerry. I don't support Kerry. Umkay'? I don't agree with what he did either in this situation.

Even though I feel this is all blown out of proportion and I'm going to call a spade a spade. It was a BOTCHED JOKE. (Again, it was inappropriate and ill timed) If any of you want to use this mistake as an escuse to use Kerry as political canon fodder and a tool to downplay/support your own political party? Do so at your own peril.

Criticize Kerry if you want but if you do it in the context of the "republican versus democrat" pardigm? Your just lying to and fooling yourself and very much just digging your own grave.

The whole "R versus D" boat is sinking FAST and if I were you I'd get off of it quick. There is a reason why terms are time limited for Presidents, Govenors and Senators. Do you know why?

What happens when the whole "whole R versus D head" becomes SO corrupt that it doesn't matter who you vote for? I'll let you guys chew on that one for awhile. (New thread perhaps?)



posted on Nov, 3 2006 @ 02:22 AM
link   


www.consortiumnews.com...
Indeed, one could argue that the trivialization of this important U.S. election – with major U.S. news outlets devoting two days of breathless coverage to Senator Kerry’s clunky joke – is confirmation of America’s rapid descent into a dark fantasy world incapable of separating meaningful fact from silly irrelevancies.

More than 2,800 American soldiers are dead along with possibly hundreds of thousands of Iraqis in what is likely just a small down-payment in blood for President Bush’s Iraq War – yet the U.S. press corps is obsessed with Kerry’s supposed affront to the troops, though the joke seemed actually to be aimed at Bush and the former Democratic presidential nominee isn’t even on the ballot.[my emphasis]

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

I can't believe this board is called "above" anything. The quality of the silly insults this thread has developed into wouldn't even qualify for a board of trivia.

Not to mention the s*** jokes the genii staying awake for 14 pages produce.

Like this one (about Kerry):

by numbercruncher
Maybe this is will help him build his " Ideal" America, send the Dumb ones off to War, after all the world seems set on entering a state of perpetual Warfare.

Good idea, I'm gonna mail him this thread right away!



posted on Nov, 3 2006 @ 02:31 AM
link   
This is Alex Jones take on the whole thing:

www.infowars.com...


What I found interesting in this particular article was this:



Recall also what elitist luminary and still reputed Bush advisor Henry Kissinger said about the troops.

"Military men are dumb, stupid animals to be used as pawns for foreign policy."



Is there any truth in that.. Did Henry Kissinger say such a thing? I wonder what political party Henry Kissinger is 'aligned' with.



Scary.



posted on Nov, 3 2006 @ 02:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by khunmoon


www.consortiumnews.com...
Indeed, one could argue that the trivialization of this important U.S. election – with major U.S. news outlets devoting two days of breathless coverage to Senator Kerry’s clunky joke – is confirmation of America’s rapid descent into a dark fantasy world incapable of separating meaningful fact from silly irrelevancies.

More than 2,800 American soldiers are dead along with possibly hundreds of thousands of Iraqis in what is likely just a small down-payment in blood for President Bush’s Iraq War – yet the U.S. press corps is obsessed with Kerry’s supposed affront to the troops, though the joke seemed actually to be aimed at Bush and the former Democratic presidential nominee isn’t even on the ballot.[my emphasis]

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

I can't believe this board is called "above" anything. The quality of the silly insults this thread has developed into wouldn't even qualify for a board of trivia.

Not to mention the s*** jokes the genii staying awake for 14 pages produce.

Like this one (about Kerry):

by numbercruncher
Maybe this is will help him build his " Ideal" America, send the Dumb ones off to War, after all the world seems set on entering a state of perpetual Warfare.

Good idea, I'm gonna mail him this thread right away!


My favorite part and I have to punctuate this here because this is so relevant:

"Indeed, one could argue that the trivialization of this important U.S. election – with major U.S. news outlets devoting two days of breathless coverage to Senator Kerry’s clunky joke – is confirmation of America’s rapid descent into a dark fantasy world incapable of separating meaningful fact from silly irrelevancies."

HOW true.


I wouldn't be so hard on ATS however. I think the 'powers at be' that are in control of this site have done an extremely good job at keeping the balance. I personally think that ATS and it's BTS, PTS counterparts are top notch and I wouldn't let a few sticky threads throw you off base.



posted on Nov, 3 2006 @ 06:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by ViewFromTheStars
This is Alex Jones take on the whole thing:

www.infowars.com...


What I found interesting in this particular article was this:



Recall also what elitist luminary and still reputed Bush advisor Henry Kissinger said about the troops.

"Military men are dumb, stupid animals to be used as pawns for foreign policy."



Is there any truth in that.. Did Henry Kissinger say such a thing? I wonder what political party Henry Kissinger is 'aligned' with.



Scary.


Yep he said it...around 1970...made a stink at the time too.



posted on Nov, 3 2006 @ 06:40 AM
link   
Question: Will Republicans ever win an election without lying?

Are they really in that bad a shape that they have to put words into someone else's mouth and then criticize him for it? Is there NOTHING else these clowns can run on?



posted on Nov, 3 2006 @ 06:42 AM
link   

What happens when the whole "whole R versus D head" becomes SO corrupt that it doesn't matter who you vote for? I'll let you guys chew on that one for awhile. (New thread perhaps?)


Now THAT we can agree on.......

Corruption is by no means limited to any party.

I will also admit, neither is making idiotic statements.. Republicans have made their fair share as well.

Semper



posted on Nov, 3 2006 @ 07:03 AM
link   
Another case of the Kerry's opening mouth inserting foot,maybe it was a barb at Bush but he said it with a look on his face that didn't appear to be in a joking matter,last year it was his wife now it was his turn I guess,and as far as being a joke his arrogant manner saying he would apologize to no one just added fuel to the fire,then after getting bashed by the media he finally does,he comes across like a classless person,think it's only person who could lose an election he was never in



posted on Nov, 3 2006 @ 07:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by semperfortis
I will also admit, neither is making idiotic statements.. Republicans have made their fair share as well.

Examples?

[edit on 3-11-2006 by firebat]



posted on Nov, 3 2006 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by firebat

Originally posted by semperfortis
I will also admit, neither is making idiotic statements.. Republicans have made their fair share as well.

Examples?

[edit on 3-11-2006 by firebat]


Oh my....Where to begin well here's one Senator Allens idiotic statment about French-African minorities..(Drum roll please............)

www.rawstory.com...

Tahhh..dahhhh!



posted on Nov, 3 2006 @ 10:19 AM
link   
I haven't read all replies on this thread. I'm surprised it's gone on for 14 pages. And I made my views known in a thread over at PTS...

But I wanted to comment on this statement:


Originally posted by ViewFromTheStars
I'm am pro life.. so how can I be a Democrat? Even though I am pro life there are many Republican values that don't resonate with me.. Does that 'automatically' make me a Democrat? Apparently it does in your myopic little world.

You can most certainly be both pro-life and a Democrat. One has nothing to do with the other. You can also be a very religious person and be a Democrat, for the same reason.

One is a value system, the other is a political affiliation. The extremists here and in both parties have tried to pigeonhole people, however, by confusing the two.

I think you were right by pointing out that believing in something doesn't make you a Democrat, ViewFromTheStars. Or a Republican, for that matter.


Oh, and Semperfortis - I applaud your use of sensationalism to create eye-catching thread titles. No, seriously, I do applaud you. At least you back up your threads. Too many "The Sky is Falling" threads don't do that.



posted on Nov, 3 2006 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by tsloan

Originally posted by firebat

Originally posted by semperfortis
I will also admit, neither is making idiotic statements.. Republicans have made their fair share as well.

Examples?

[edit on 3-11-2006 by firebat]


Oh my....Where to begin well here's one Senator Allens idiotic statment about French-African minorities..(Drum roll please............)

www.rawstory.com...

Tahhh..dahhhh!



My,my,my they just keep coming out don't they here's another GOP sticking his foot in his mouth...(We can go all day like this I'm sure but I gotta go make some young childs teeth nice and straight.
www.youtube.com...

Chow!



posted on Nov, 3 2006 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by tsloan

My,my,my they just keep coming out don't they here's another GOP sticking his foot in his mouth...(We can go all day like this I'm sure but I gotta go make some young childs teeth nice and straight.

Chow!


Just stay away from their minds, please.


Just kidding!



posted on Nov, 3 2006 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Grover

Yep he said it...around 1970...made a stink at the time too.


Wow.. what a looser, especially in the spriritual sense. Does this man not know what blood he has on his hands? I just laugh when I think that people like that don't know their end. I just found some more info on that one, and some other "stuff" that was said by other 'looser luminaries' that I will not post at the moment. I've known this for awhile but this 'spirit' is alive and well still to this day, bigger than ever apparently.



posted on Nov, 3 2006 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by tsloan
My,my,my they just keep coming out don't they here's another GOP sticking his foot in his mouth...


lol, what an idiot, well... to be fair he does have a point but no one wants to hear it.



posted on Nov, 3 2006 @ 03:00 PM
link   
firebat,

What world are you living in?
They all lie but Kerry did this all on his own.

oldtimer,
I noticed the same.


Kerry should have apologized imediately for the error instead of trying to cover it up by blaming it on a poorly executed joke. The fact that he didn't says a lot for his character. I'm glad he's not our president.

[edit on 3-11-2006 by TheTraveler]

[edit on 3-11-2006 by TheTraveler]



new topics

top topics



 
7
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

log in

join