It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kerry Says Military Servicemen Stupid

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2006 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Take a look at this:

Just posted this in it's own thread, it's in PTS right now:

www.youtube.com...

Pretty much speaks for itself and no further comments from me are needed at this point.

posted on Nov, 2 2006 @ 03:24 PM
link   
BTW, I don't like John Kerry either, Both Kerry and Bush are cut from the same 'cloth' as far as I'm concerned.

posted on Nov, 2 2006 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Yeah, that was at the press-corp dinner. Did you also see that he did a skit with a George Bush impersonator? Nothing is supposed to be serious at those meetings.

You're off topic anyway. When will you folks learn that you can't respond to every criticism with "Bush lied. people died".

posted on Nov, 2 2006 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Valhall

And by the way, his own party members aren't trying to unspin this. One democrat even stated - he's already lost one election for us, he needs to just shut up.

Thats because they are a bunch of pu....

posted on Nov, 2 2006 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by dbates
Yeah, that was at the press-corp dinner. Did you also see that he did a skit with a George Bush impersonator? Nothing is supposed to be serious at those meetings.

You're off topic anyway. When will you folks learn that you can't respond to every criticism with "Bush lied. people died".

NO, I'm not off topic.... I'm illustrating the hypocrisy of the republicans who are beating Kerry over the head for what he said when they are in NO position to do so.

Let me guess.. Did Kerry intend to be entirely serious about his comments? So it's ok for Bush to joke about the WMD debacle but Kerry get's slammed for this?

I don't care if Bush was 'joking' and things weren't 'suppposed' to be serious at 'those meetings'.

Let me spell something out to you dbates, this is NOT about "Bush lied. people died".. (Even though I believe that to be the case) This is about him JOKING about the whole WMD thing in general. Get that straight.

Addition:

Let me stress to all of you .. I don't agree with what kerry said but what Bush did? MAKES ME SICK. All of 'you' who try and "justify" him joking about "wheres the WMD, yuk yuk".. you have a lot of nerve!

[edit on 2-11-2006 by ViewFromTheStars]

posted on Nov, 2 2006 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by tha stillz

And by the way, his own party members aren't trying to unspin this. One democrat even stated - he's already lost one election for us, he needs to just shut up.

Thats because they are a bunch of pu....

Yes, like I stated earlier, I'm NOT a Kerry supporter. I will agree to the fact that Kerry needs to shut up because he is just lowering himself to Bushs and the republican's level.

posted on Nov, 2 2006 @ 03:45 PM
link   
So.......I have asked a few times, I will ask again.

DOES ANYONE HAVE THE TEXT TO THE SPEECH HE GAVE AND NOT JUST ONE FRIGGING SECTION OF IT????

I just want to see what was said before and after the comment in question. Man, this thread blew up quickly. Too bad we didn't have this much passion for Cheney's waterboarding comment. Man, the republican party has zilch right now, nothing, nada to say about the democratic party other than "Kerry insults troops" and "if the dems win, the terrorists win".

Sad. Anyone found a link to the actual speech yet so we can discuss this in its context??

posted on Nov, 2 2006 @ 03:50 PM
link   
I'm looking for the transcript now Logan.

posted on Nov, 2 2006 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by LogansRun
So.......I have asked a few times, I will ask again.

DOES ANYONE HAVE THE TEXT TO THE SPEECH HE GAVE AND NOT JUST ONE FRIGGING SECTION OF IT????

Sad. Anyone found a link to the actual speech yet so we can discuss this in its context??

The speech as Kerry gave it or after it has been revised to cover his rectal area? Come on people! I just read about 20 posts about not trusting politicians and you think the actual text of that speech is going to be found?

posted on Nov, 2 2006 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by JIMC5499

The speech as Kerry gave it or after it has been revised to cover his rectal area? Come on people! I just read about 20 posts about not trusting politicians and you think the actual text of that speech is going to be found?

For the record, I dont trust politicians either, but that isn't the point. The speech was taped, otherwise how would we have seen the infamous sound byte of him making the comment??
There are full transcripts of everything that has happened after the fact - interviews, commentaries, you name it, but zero -zip- nada on the actual text of the speech he gave - I am not talking about the written speech that someone prepared from him, rather a text of his word for word speech to the college.

posted on Nov, 2 2006 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by ViewFromTheStars
Take a look at this:

Just posted this in it's own thread, it's in PTS right now:

www.youtube.com...

Pretty much speaks for itself and no further comments from me are needed at this point.

That says it all. Thanks a million for finding that. I know a few people will be interested in it.

You have voted ViewFromTheStars for the Way Above Top Secret award. You have one more vote left for this month.

posted on Nov, 2 2006 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by dbates

But Kerry's joke is suppose to be bigger than:
1. A bad Iraq policy

posted on Nov, 2 2006 @ 04:07 PM
link   
The topic is: "Kerry Says Military Servicemen Stupid". This is NOT a topic about Bush, with the exception of his remarks about THIS incident. The He said/she said crap stops NOW!

posted on Nov, 2 2006 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid
The topic is: "Kerry Says Military Servicemen Stupid". This is NOT a topic about Bush, with the exception of his remarks about THIS incident. The He said/she said crap stops NOW!

Except that Kerry never said that. The whole thread was biased from the start - including the opening post and how it was labeled. Based on one quote from an entire speech, people have already tried and convicted him. The entire quote has been taken out of context and the media and everyone in here is having a feeding frenzy over it. While on the topic of botched statements, which is what this thread truly should be about, Bush would most definately qualify for a few comments.

posted on Nov, 2 2006 @ 04:17 PM
link   
When are the friends of Israel going to join up or even send over their own sons and daughters to this oil war for greater profits to the holy lands?

The stakes are so high here that they have to be willing to sacrifice their own young to get the job done and over with.

posted on Nov, 2 2006 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Except that Kerry never said that. The whole thread was biased from the start - including the opening post and how it was labeled. Based on one quote from an entire speech, people have already tried and convicted him. The entire quote has been taken out of context and the media and everyone in here is having a feeding frenzy over it. While on the topic of botched statements, which is what this thread truly should be about, Bush would most definately qualify for a few comments.

Fine, discuss that, that is the topic BUT whatever Bush said at another time, not about THIS topic, is OFF topic.

posted on Nov, 2 2006 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by denythestatusquo
When are the friends of Israel going to join up or even send over their own sons and daughters to this oil war for greater profits to the holy lands?

The stakes are so high here that they have to be willing to sacrifice their own young to get the job done and over with.

WTH does this have to do with the topic?

One more time: "Kerry Says Military Servicemen Stupid"

posted on Nov, 2 2006 @ 04:26 PM
link   

I'm with you, semper. That's what he said...period. If he meant something else, he darned sure didn't say it.

And by the way...I'm loving this message back to him.

lmao

It appears the division that did this was the Minnesota National Guard 34th Infantry Division

Way to go!

posted on Nov, 2 2006 @ 04:30 PM
link   
I have googled John Kerry, John Kerry text, John Kerry 10-30-06 speech text, pasadina college speech text john kerry, and any number of other combinations. Nothing. There is no record of the text of the speech that i can find. I challenge anyone who truly believes he was speaking about the troops to find the ENTIRE SPEECH in text form to look at the context in which he was speaking. I have been searching since tuesday and have found zip. Someone out there with a critical mind who is denying ignorance would of course have read the entire speech before crucifying Kerry, right??? I saw the text of the speech online on monday night, and then it was gone. I bet $100 that if looked at in context it would be clearly a jab at bush. Can anyone find the text? I am going to keep looking, and I am going to keep posting until someone finds it.

posted on Nov, 2 2006 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Fine, discuss that, that is the topic BUT whatever Bush said at another time, not about THIS topic, is OFF topic.

"The He said/she said crap stops NOW!"

Says who?

At least in this "he said" situation you saw "him say it out of his own mouth"..

Also, who are you to decide what's on 'topic' and what's not?

Not in this thread you don't.

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join