It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kerry Says Military Servicemen Stupid

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2006 @ 12:21 PM
link   
LGF has a great image of Kerry's supposed prepared joke and what he actually said:

John Kerry has held this opinion and expressed this opinion for most of his life, starting around '72. Why should we believe that he changed his mind about a year before running for president, went back to his beliefs after he lost the presidency, and now suddenly feels the same way he did while campaigning?

As to the focus by the GOP, of course they're going to exploit this statement for as much gain as they can. Elections are based now on sound bites, not actuall issues or beliefs. Those that actually research the candidates are few and far between. The Democrats would be doing exactly the same thing were the tables reversed.

posted on Nov, 2 2006 @ 12:27 PM
link   
And . . . then again this what our nation has become, a media fed frenzy to hide the facts of the matter and what is facing our nation becasue it sells.

Keep feeding the trolls.

posted on Nov, 2 2006 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
Not really. They are biased liars as well.

So which Media source is NOT a biased Liar?

I know. You hate all American politicians equally. You are an equal opportunity hater.

Wrong - I don't like ANY Politicians at all!

(and Hate is such a strong word you know?)

posted on Nov, 2 2006 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by semperfortis

While campaigning in California, the Massachusetts senator told a college crowd on Monday: “You know, education, if you make the most of it, you study hard, you do your homework and you make an effort to be smart, you can do well. If you don’t, you get stuck in Iraq.”

How can that possibly be construed any other way? OH Yeah..... By those that refuse to see the truth... Yeah that's it....

Semper

You can take nearly any statement out of context and make it say what you want to hear. Kerry was fairly obviously speaking of our dear fearless leader who received a couple diplomas which he clearly did not deserve and GOT STUCK IN IRAQ.

See, Dubya never has made an EFFORT to be SMART. He eschews newspapers and books. He is not well read unless you include GOAT stories for PRESCHOOLERS. And now he is stuck in his quagmire in Iraq. Is Kerry to blame for even ONE DEATH, military or civilian? No, I don't think so.

LET'S KEEP OUR EYES ON THE BALL FOLKS. Let's don't let this DISINFORMATION AND SPIN campaign distract us from the man behind the curtain and what he's doing.

[edit on 2-11-2006 by seattlelaw]

posted on Nov, 2 2006 @ 12:56 PM
link   
I have two words that describe the era we are in. Mean and cruel. I judge both parties as guilty, and history will judge my words.

Christian values a pig's eye! Do penance now.

posted on Nov, 2 2006 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by HoorahUSMC
you people are still screaming about Kerry insulting the troops even though it is a known fact he was calling Bush an Idiot.

WRONG. It is NOT a known fact that he was calling Bush an idiot. Not even close. Kerry claims that in his backpeddle .. but when his backpeddle is examined it is found to be an impossible statement.

Kerry's backpeddle claim that he was calling Bush an idiot has been debunked on this and other ATS threads. Kerry's own grades were lower than Bushs so for him to claim that we are in Iraq because Bush got low grades is LAME.

yet no one who watches Fox News for news ...

You have a real obsession with Fox .. have you noticed that??

KERRY RELEASED THE ORIGINAL SPEECH TEXT! IT IS A KNOWN FACT HE WAS RIDICULING BUSH! Geesh, all these pages and people like this are still wanking one out over Kerry being a bad comedian. Bush makes fun of troops on purpose, YEAH!!!!!! Kerry screws up a joke where he is making fun of Bush, Kill!!!!!!

These are the kind of people that if Bush was caught eating puppies would go out to a pet store and start eating puppies to support Bush. You can't debate them even with links and posts and video clips that prove Kerry botched a joke. The original speech text was released and these people, well, it probably wasn't reported on Fox News so they don't know.

posted on Nov, 2 2006 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Can anyone find a full transcript of the speech online ANYWHERE? Not just the quote, but the WHOLE THING. We are looking at one sentance from a speech. What did he say just prior to and just after the quote? That could tell us what the context is. Can anyone find it? I cannot and I have been searching and searching!!! Please let me know if you do!!!

posted on Nov, 2 2006 @ 01:27 PM
link   

KERRY RELEASED THE ORIGINAL SPEECH TEXT! IT IS A KNOWN FACT HE WAS RIDICULING BUSH!

Lemme see if I understand this correctly...When a politician says something, especially when they're in hot water over a comment they made, we can safely assume they're telling the truth?

You're far more trusting than I...

posted on Nov, 2 2006 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by junglejake
[
Lemme see if I understand this correctly...When a politician says something, especially when they're in hot water over a comment they made, we can safely assume they're telling the truth?

We dont have to assume anything. If you read the text (which I am trying to find a full copy of) the context of the statement in question was in the middle of a paragraph dissing bush. By picking out the one comment and not looking at it in the context of what he was talking about, the truth is distorted.

Again - can anyone please send me a link to the full speech text?? I cannot find it!!

posted on Nov, 2 2006 @ 01:43 PM
link   
colorado.mediamatters.org...
Summary: A Rocky Mountain News editorial called Sen. John F. Kerry's comment about "get[ting] stuck in Iraq" "demeaning to the troops," but it ignored Kerry's explanation that the remark was a "botched joke" aimed at President Bush and the prepared text that appears to support Kerry's assertion.

Wait, why am I even trying? Not just me but others on here, on CNN, MSNBC, BCB, CBC, everyone but Fox News has posted the FACT Kerry can't tell a joke without botching it. But these people don't watch those other evil truth telling news channels they watch Fox, which still reports Saddam had nuclear weapons and was a threat to America.

posted on Nov, 2 2006 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Matyas : Would you consider multiple tours in Iraq as penance?

And who is doing the penance? Who should be?

Are our troops doing penance for Mr. Bush?

Are they being manipulated by the present administration? You bet they are.

And Mr. Kerry is continuing to show that it's wrong.

Mr. Kerry is trying to give us a picture of how these troops are being mis-managed,
and because they are in the military, it will continue. They have no say.
But they do have Mr. Kerry. He's upset that the chances of a soldier landing in Iraq
to do penance for Mr. Bush is almost 100%. He doesn't want these troops used up
just to satisfy Mr. Bush's ego. Today, you either get lucky and don't have to join
the service, or, you get unlucky and end up over there. See, that's how it works.
The troops that had a rough time making in the "world" are there. The troops that
couldn't afford college are there. Yeah, service is voluntary, but the pressure to
be successful hits everyone. Sometimes going into the service is the only way out
or up for some individuals. Too bad one of the stops is Mr. Bush's war zone.

posted on Nov, 2 2006 @ 01:50 PM
link   
If he is trying to communicate effectively with the American public and to the military men and women overseas, hes going to have to go back to school and educate himself, if this keeps up. He needs to go to a joke school.

www.youtube.com...

I didn't laugh.

posted on Nov, 2 2006 @ 02:40 PM
link   

KERRY RELEASED THE ORIGINAL SPEECH TEXT! IT IS A KNOWN FACT HE WAS RIDICULING BUSH!

More yelling? And you actually believe Kerry when he released that alleged 'original text'??
That's sad.

Man .. you just aren't reading the facts. Either that or you are off in your 'happy place' when it comes to Kerry. FACTS have been listed about his history and how he lies and bashes the troops. This is just one more incident.

These are the kind of people that if Bush was caught eating puppies would go out to a pet store and start eating puppies to support Bush.

Obviously you don't get around the threads much or you would see that your insulting accusation is without any merit. And frankly, after seeing you hold onto Kerry so tightly, I'd say that it is YOU who is 'the kind of person' that if Kerry was caught eating puppies would go out to a pet store and start eating puppies to support Kerry.

... it probably wasn't reported on Fox News so they don't know. ... CNN, MSNBC, BCB, CBC, everyone but Fox News has posted the FACT Kerry can't tell a joke without botching it.

MORE Fox news remarks? Man o man you really are locked on to FOX. Here's a clue .. EVERY NEWS CHANNEL is telling people Kerry's claim that it was a botched joke .. and every news channel isn't buying it. And all of them, including CNN, were making reference today to his LAME apology that wasn't an apology but that futher pointed the finger at other people who 'misunderstood', instead of pointing the finger at himself and saying he was wrong.

- Kerry was wrong.
- Kerry didn't screw up a joke but said exactly what he meant to say.
- Just about everyone across the board - all news channels and even the dems agree on this.
- The facts do not support Kerry's statement about the intelligence of the military.
- Kerry has a decades long history of telling lies and slamming the military.
- Kerry's backpeddle claiming it was Bushs bad grades that got us in Iraq doesn't hold up since Kerry got worse grades then Bush in college.
- His apology was LAME and wasn't an apology .. it was more finger pointing at Americans.

posted on Nov, 2 2006 @ 02:44 PM
link   
I have a thought on this. Every politician has script writers, do you think that the Dem. party wanted to dump Kerry at this time?

posted on Nov, 2 2006 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by deltaboy
How about this one he just said yesterday...

On Wednesday, he said, "You cannot get into the military today if you do badly in school."

Did he just said that? If you don't do well in school, you may not be able to go to Iraq. Hows that for a change?

Great deltaboy

You have voted deltaboy for the Way Above Top Secret award.
You have used all of your votes for this month.

Mr. Flip Flop strikes again! To quote centurions signature -
Kerry was for the joke ------ before he was against it

[edit on 11/2/2006 by FlyersFan]

posted on Nov, 2 2006 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid
I have a thought on this. Every politician has script writers, do you think that the Dem. party wanted to dump Kerry at this time?

Well, did he had the script with him while he was giving his speech? or he was just reading out of the script and no actually giving any thoughts to what he was saying.

Because if that is the case somebody knew that and took it as an advantage.

And anyway he deserve it for not reading what he was about to say in public before opening his mouth.

Good catch inteprid

Too bad the thread has gotten fueled by frenzy and is keeping the conspiracy theorist away from finding out what really happen.

After all . . . is apparent that the result of such a boo-boo will have the people going on a freenzy ride. You can see it here.

Got to love of hate the drity politicians and their tricks.

posted on Nov, 2 2006 @ 02:53 PM
link   

You have voted deltaboy for the Way Above Top Secret award.

I'd like to say that your standards for handing out your WATS awards are pretty weak, but then I gave Haxor the clown one so I guess I'll just leave it at that.

I, for one, knew what Lerch was getting at, but I guess the right's capacity for reading between the lines and understanding the subtleties of humor are non-existent.

Peace

posted on Nov, 2 2006 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Letterman said it best last night.

John Kerry can lose elections he aint even in.

posted on Nov, 2 2006 @ 03:02 PM
link   
Spin doctors doing their best... at least Kerry served for his country... I think the peopel in service for the US will understand what he meant... as for the spins, ridiculous and cold.

posted on Nov, 2 2006 @ 03:03 PM
link   
After all of this flap, I will not be voting for Kerry in November!

This whole conversation is an exercise in partisan masturbation.

The lines are already drawn. Kerry's comments aren't going to make anyone change their vote this late in the game.

If you were on the fence, and then Kerry's comments made you realize that you want to vote Democrat or Republican, then you are an idiot.

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join