It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Major terror plot thwarted in London 8-10-2006

page: 21
<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck

Aigh there is something very wrong with that to me. I flew only 2 months after 9/11 and had to sit through the lines while men in military fatigues watched over everyone with machine guns.

That is not liberty, that is not freedom, that is installing fear into those boarding flights.

Hey man, during the few months after 911, what do you expect? Everything to go back to normal? 911 changed the face of air travel forever.

Why not call up state police, why not ask local cops to come in and assist, why the hell do you need armed military men hand searching innocent civilians!! I was in my teens when 9/11 happend, I cannot imagine what children today grow up thinking, they see wars on TV, innocent people and children being dragged out of bombed out buildings, women screaming on tv over lossed ones, and if they happen to be going to Disney World today with their family, they will see them man handled by men in fatigues.

First of all, alot of the major airports are government operated. So, therefore, the GOVERNMENT has authority. Not state police. And, we need the state policemen to continue their own jobs, not be called away from them. That's why we have the reserves. DUH!

And, seeing those guys in fatigues gives me a sense of safety. What, what FREEDOM are you giving up, what TERROR are they causing? Last time I checked, our military are the GOOD guys. Sheesh.

How dare you call that normal America, how dare you ask what is wrong with that picture, HOW DARE you say it prevents terrorism IT IS TERRORISM!!!

Explain to me please how this is ok to have the military acting as police?

It's not "normal" America. And it never will be again. So just deal with it.

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by The_artist
To seek truth were the truth is being hidden is a great thing.

But to spectulate makes the truth seekers unsure of what the truth really is anymore

So for those who continue to speculate you are part of our problem.

Try and be part of our solution

I'm sorry, The_artist, but that makes no sense. Do you mind specifically detailing the difference?

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 10:33 AM
link   
"I just wanted to point out the main reasons wars start is because people cannot accept each others opinions and work with them and try to help them learn other points of view. There are extremists out there who cannot be helped and who need to be stopped but for us normal civilised people please try and chill out a bit, try starting a sentence "that is your opinion, my opinion however is".

I think your right here. Some people seem to be forgetting the main issue here. Instead of picking bits off each other look at the larger picture. The 'terrorists' that we are coerced into hating so much by our governments and media are infact just people like you and me who believe in what they believe in, and who obviously want to defend their countries.

These people do not have the military power that we have and, even though I am not defending them at all, they are doing what they see as their only option. Yes they may hate the west and launch attacks at us but you have to remember one important fact, they are not the aggressors.

It is our Governments, especially the Bush administration, who have paraded through the middle east killing tens of thousands of innocent civilians and destroying incalculable amounts of damage to the countries they 'occupy'

I believe that our side (Christians, Jews) are just as bad, if not worse than the other side (Muslims). The only difference being is that our side has access to mass media and can repeatedly ram home to the public the fact that 'all terrorists are muslims and they are evil'.

This whole farcical affair is nothing more than the continuation of a holy war between the two different god fearing factions that are taking part and have been fighting each other for thousands of years.

I think its time for everyone to stop this madness and give it a break, no ones religion is better than the other, thats a fact. I personally am not religious which I believe gives me a view of the whole thing which those extremist christians in power in the west and extremist muslims in power in the east do not have.

They are so set in their ways and ideals that they have lost all sense of direction and what is best for their people. Is it not the people who have the power in a democracy? that was always my belief, and as far as I am aware there are not many people, especially here in the UK that actually back the 'protection' that our governments are trying to secure for us.

I certainly dont feel that the world is a safer place, not when the biggest terrorists of them all have the powe and freedom to stomp all over this little planet that we call home.

[edit on 10-8-2006 by DarkUK]

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by WestPoint23

And there’s something wrong with this?

Yeah. Its called Posse Commitatus.

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mouth
It's not "normal" America. And it never will be again. So just deal with it.

And there you have it....

Our forefathers must be rolling in their graves...

They who would give up an essential liberty for temporary security, deserve neither liberty or security-- Benjamin Franklin

[edit on 10-8-2006 by loam]

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 10:35 AM
link   
blair and bush have played their part in making this happen, dodgy geezers they are, not saying i dont agree with the war, coz i do, its all gone a bit too far. but bush and blair are a right pair of #####`s

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by loam

Because of course there has NEVER been a real government conspiracy before...or abuse of power...

I never said that. But, I still put my faith in the people that we elected to guide this country.

Your position is as nutty as the one you point out, imo.

Ok... yeah, I would definitely rather be against my government, and want to invite terrorists into my neighborhood. That makes alot of sense.

Vigilance, people...vigilance...against the terrorists AND any potential government abuse of power. Get it?

I hope that the US DOES flex its muscles when it comes to events like this. I fear the nuclear explosion of NYC every day, and I hope that our government will stop at nothing to stop an attack like that. Honestly, 1 American life is worth more to me than 10,000 non-Americans.

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 10:38 AM
link   
Okay

Can anyone tell me whats going on in Lebanon today???

Or has the crisis there mysteriously stopped to allow us to repel an imminent terror threat?

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 10:38 AM
link   

And there you have it....

Our forefathers must be rolling in their graves...

They who would give up an essential liberty for temporary security, deserve neither liberty or security-- Benjamin Franklin

[edit on 10-8-2006 by loam]

Yeah well, maybe if Ben Franklin's son was killed by a terrorist attack, his views might be a bit different.

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Because of course there has NEVER been a real government conspiracy before...or abuse of power...

I never said that. But, I still put my faith in the people that we elected to guide this country.

Your position is as nutty as the one you point out, imo.

Ok... yeah, I would definitely rather be against my government, and want to invite terrorists into my neighborhood. That makes alot of sense.

Vigilance, people...vigilance...against the terrorists AND any potential government abuse of power. Get it?

I hope that the US DOES flex its muscles when it comes to events like this. I fear the nuclear explosion of NYC every day, and I hope that our government will stop at nothing to stop an attack like that. Honestly, 1 American life is worth more to me than 10,000 non-Americans.

That last comment is so completely closed minded and pathetic. So because I am not an American you consider my life worthless? I am a UK citizen by the way. It is not America I think people have a problem with, it is Americans like you that whole heartedly believe that their country is bigger and better than everyone elses. Your like a child in a playground and as such, need to grow up. We are all people and as such demand the same respect that you value yourself.

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 10:40 AM
link   

To seek truth were the truth is being hidden is a great thing.

But to spectulate makes the truth seekers unsure of what the truth really is anymore

So for those who continue to speculate you are part of our problem.

Try and be part of our solution

I'm sorry, The_artist, but that makes no sense. Do you mind specifically detailing the difference?

to speculate is to provide 'insight' without evidence for example ' the bombs were supposed to be in pepsi bottle'. I don't know that but am suggesting

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 10:42 AM
link   

But, I still put my faith in the people that we elected to guide this country.

See here is our difference, then. I don't put "faith" in the people we elect... Rather, I have an expectation they will uphold their fiduciary duty to the people to "guide this country"...and that we have a system of government that enables accountability for that duty.

Honestly, 1 American life is worth more to me than 10,000 non-Americans.

Quoting it, because that is just about the most PATHETIC thing I've seen today. :shk:

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Yeah well, maybe if Ben Franklin's son was killed by a terrorist attack, his views might be a bit different.

Wrong. Many sympathizers of the revolution lost their kids. It changed their minds not an inch.

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 10:43 AM
link   
when the SNP starts supporting Blair and our Union, you know things are bad

next, we'll see Gerry Adams offering his support

link   

Originally posted by DarkUK

That last comment is so completely closed minded and pathetic. So because I am not an American you consider my life worthless? I am a UK citizen by the way. It is not America I think people have a problem with, it is Americans like you that whole heartedly believe that their country is bigger and better than everyone elses. Your like a child in a playground and as such, need to grow up. We are all people and as such demand the same respect that you value yourself.

I am sorry DarkUK. I did go a little too far there. Maybe, instead what I should have said was, that I value 1 innocent civillian more than 10,000 people who are against peace.

By the way, I love the UK, been there a couple of times, saw a manchester united game, it was awesome, so again, I apologize for any offense.

link   
More about the Qatar hijacking

DUBAI (AFP) - A passenger on a Qatar Airways flight from Amman to Doha was arrested after an apparent attempt to hijack the plane, a Qatar-based television station has reported.

A passenger told Al-Jazeera that a young man, described as possibly mentally unstable, had tried to go into the cockpit. He was arrested and the plane returned to Amman, television station said Thursday.
uk.news.yahoo.com...

link   

Originally posted by Peyres
please list every freedom that has been taken away from us. go on.

How about listing every government accountability protected?

I can't. No-one can do the opposite either, as its just kneejerk reaction and blowing everything out of proportion.

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 10:44 AM
link   

But, I still put my faith in the people that we elected to guide this country.

See here is our difference, then. I don't put "faith" in the people we elect... Rather, I have an expectation they will uphold their fiduciary duty to the people to "guide this country"...and that we have a system of government that enables accountability for that duty.

Honestly, 1 American life is worth more to me than 10,000 non-Americans.

Quoting it, because that is just about the most PATHETIC thing I've seen today. :shk:

Total agreement.

Mouth is the every dictator's wet dream.

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 10:44 AM
link   

to speculate is to provide 'insight' without evidence

And how is the one not a prerequisite for the other???

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 10:45 AM
link   
Originally posted by infinite

Originally posted by TONE23
yes thank god...lmao...there WAS NOTHING to pull off... this is justa ghost story

AM I the only one that sees this for what it is... FAKE

Please stop trying to derail a thread, you think its a hoax? make a different thread instead of trying to hijack and prevent us from discussing the news story.

TONE23 was not trying to derail this thread. He was trying to give an opinion. His opinion is that this whole airplane terrorist thing is a fake. And thats my opinion also. Its a scam. Well planned and well executed as evidenced by the people on this thread that are buying into it. Start another thread? No. I will post my opinions on this thread. Thank you for your indulgence.

new topics

top topics

<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join