It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Major terror plot thwarted in London 8-10-2006

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
I can't believe some of the posts I'm reading. 'it's just hype' and 'they are just
doing this to take my freedoms' or to paraphrase - it smells fishy and was made
up, etc etc etc.

Probably because they are taking our freedoms.

HELLO?? WTC attack #1; Bali Night Club; 9-11; Spain train bombing; last years
subway bombing in England; etc etc

9/11 was a government job. So was the Spain Bombing and the London bombings.

Terrorism is real.

I know it is. The government hates your freedoms and will not stop their attacks until you are properly subverted.

These morons wanting to blow up planes and kill you are real.

Of course they are. I never said that the CIA, MI6, and Mossad do not exist.

Some folks need to get their heads out of the sand ... welcome to 2006 and the
FACT that people want to kill you because you don't worship God the same way
that they do.

I know they want to kill us because we do worship money, Molech, or whatever the hell the Cabal worship.

|They will not stop until you are all branded slaves with your entire lives and liberties under their control.

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Peyres
labelling them incompetent and unable to do a job, letting it go ahead to further an agenda etc. Then when they actually foil something its more political tricks.....

Yeah that’s how it is, you’re the bad guy no matter how you react. To some everything is and will always be a conspiracy and a "plot". :shk:

[edit on 10-8-2006 by WestPoint23]

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 09:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by WestPoint23
Yeah but do they have people specifically trained for this kind of work? You can’t take the average cop and stick him in an airplane to defend it.

Yeah, they do. Remember, Britian was dealing with terrorism from the IRA long before 9/11.

They do have the MI5, which is the equivilant of the FBI, and who are amongst the top rated and qualified law-enforcement agencies on the planet.

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 09:40 AM
link   

Yeah that’s how it is, you’re the bad guy no matter how you react. To some everything is and will always be a conspiracy and a "plot". :shk:

And where do you think this distrust of government comes from?

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skadi_the_Evil_Elf
I mean, Britian does have its own law enforcement people.

Yeah but do they have people specifically trained for this kind of work? You can’t take the average cop and stick him in an airplane to defend it.

you wouldnt want to either, remember how the armed police reacted with john dimenzes or however you spell his name that brazillian guy who got killed a couple of days after 7/7

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 09:44 AM
link   

Yeah, they do. Remember, Britian was dealing with terrorism from the IRA long before 9/11.

I’m talking about people trained to be Air Marshals, do they have those? Being trained to counter terrorists and being trained to defend a plane against them are two different things.

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 09:44 AM
link   
Personally I'm sick of getting on a plane and having to wait for people to put their huuuuge carry on luggage in those overhead storage compartments, when they should have really checked it as it's such an oversized carry on. It's annoying to say the least, and then when you get up to get off the plane you have to wait again for them to get their bags.

And if you don't like the new rules of minimal hand luggage, with just a carrier bag and a few certain items that are allowed, then DONT FLY!

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 09:45 AM
link   
George Bush is to comment at 5:30pm (UK time).

(which is a suprise)

And yes, we do have the ability to deal with terrorism, we have about 200 years of terrorism. And we spent years combating the IRA (the terrorist group you use to fund).

about security on planes, there was plans on putting armed guards on board. i cannot remember what happened to that plan though

[edit on 10-8-2006 by infinite]

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 09:46 AM
link   

I’m talking about people trained to be Air Marshals, do they have those? Being trained to counter terrorism and being trained to defend a plane against one are two different things.

Yes they do. MI5 has such people trained for such things.

Besides, what good is an armed air marshal gonna do against a planted bomb?

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 09:46 AM
link   

I mean, Britian does have its own law enforcement people.

No you can't, but we can train our own?

So why the sudden urgency in placing Air Marshals on planes, when the UK Gov. new full well about these threats?

Air Marshals are nothing more than bouncers, what exactly do they do that would curtail and imminent attack?

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 09:50 AM
link   
infinite does the UK have an Air Marshall program? I understand perfectly well that you are equipped to handle terrorism but there are different kinds of threats.

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 09:50 AM
link   

9/11 was a government job. So was the Spain Bombing and the London bombings.

Prove it then!
You are bold enough to make such a claim, i'm sure you will have bold evidence too?

I'm not denying they may have had some knowledge on the scenario, but mainy they are still joining the dots.

Of course they are. I never said that the CIA, MI6, and Mossad do not exist

I think your living in the wrong country. Go live in the ME for a while.

They will not stop until you are all branded slaves with your entire lives and liberties under their control.

I think we have more rights in general than most living under strict Islamic laws/ dictatorships.

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 09:51 AM
link   

nfinite does the UK have an Air Marshall program? I understand perfectly well that you are equipped to handle terrorism but there are different kinds of threats.

Yes we do.
we have sky marshals, BBC just ran a little thing on it.

but US marshals are only be put on American flights (which you can understand)

[edit on 10-8-2006 by infinite]

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Koka
So why the sudden urgency in placing Air Marshals on planes, when the UK Gov. new full well about these threats?

Air Marshals are nothing more than bouncers, what exactly do they do that would curtail and imminent attack?

I don't think air marshals with guns would be a good idea, as one could be over powered by numerous attackers and well then you've got terrorists on a plane with a gun.

but why not employ some sort of security on a plane? for example what if two people have too much to drink, start fighting, maybe ever try and open the exit door to take a wizz etc.. some sort of bouncers/security on planes would be a good idea.

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Knights
...I think your living in the wrong country. Go live in the ME for a while...

...I think we have more rights in general than most living under strict Islamic laws/ dictatorships.

I love how people use THEM as the "standard" we should simply aspire to rise slightly above...

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 09:53 AM
link   
I understand that some folks feel that their liberties are being taken away.
I for one however think it's a good idea to do what they're doing. I fly quite a bit for my job, and it will affect me greatly, but I look at it as a minor inconvenience. I'd rather give up my "liberties" than being memorialized on a tombstone.
Things really are crazy right now, and anything that can be done to help stop these
soul-less bastards is a good thing.
These fanatics are trying to kill innocent people. That's you, me, our children, etc...
These people may be soul-less in my opinion, however they are very smart. They know how to get past "The System". Do not underestimate them - they are the real deal, and are hell bent on killing in the name of their god. Unfortunately the only way to stop this is to STOP IT. It only takes 1 diskman, 1 disguised toothpaste dispenser.,and so on, to kill every passenger on a flight. Again I say, if I have to go several hours without my Ipod to help protect us all then so be it. If I have to take off my shoes, and/or get patted down before boarding a plane - oh well.
I hate to say this, but the spoiled attitude of those claiming that their "liberties" are taken away, are part of the reason the "enemy" hates us so much. We have so many, SO MANY liberties that we take for granted each and every day, yet we still complain about something that is pretty much common sense.
I applaud what is being done, as this isn't a mirage, it is very real. Several airplanes would have been incinerated TODAY. Thousands of lives lost TODAY.
Pat me down, as I have to catch a flight this evening to Chicago. I'll make sure I wear clean socks.

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Knights
Prove it then!
You are bold enough to make such a claim, i'm sure you will have bold evidence too?

There is a whole forum on this board full of proof. Go there.

I'm not denying they may have had some knowledge on the scenario, but mainy they are still joining the dots.

They had MORE than some knowldge. But that is discussed in another forum.

I think your living in the wrong country. Go live in the ME for a while.

I already have, thank you very much.

I think we have more rights in general than most living under strict Islamic laws/ dictatorships.

Thats changing every day. We are becoming more and more like those dictatorships.

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Yes they do. MI5 has such people trained for such things.

MI5 has an Air Marshall program? They have an entire organized program that has dealt with placing a mass number of individuals specifically trained to deal with people onboard planes for years?

EDIT: Saw infinite’s post, ok that clears up a lot.

link   
Alright, I just got back. I see nothing too much happened since I was gone. I think just someone announcing 5 US cities were targeted and Bush is speaking around noon (US Time). I was thinking while I was gone, in Britain, how is security around places other than the airport? Something is just starting to feel really odd about this. I know I said it before, but now it's just too odd. I think there's a possibility it could be a diversion for something of equal or greater actions. If you think about it, if you wanted to do something major to a highway or building, you would divert attention from it... in this case to an airport. Maybe not though, I do know authorities did a good job of preventing this, hopefully they'll be able to prevent future attacks too.

link   
People on this site aren't what they seem. I belived that they were genuine truth seekers (although some are). When in all honesty if some of you diverted your subject matter you would get a great job in the gossip columns of Entertainment magazines.

5 Watches you, and you never know they are there

new topics

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join