It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Major terror plot thwarted in London 8-10-2006

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 08:51 AM
link   
This is all interesting, i'm looking forward to everyone monitoring this closely.
By the way i kinda missed out on the whole 11 students missing.
Can i ask how the fact that 11 students going missing in a place like egypt made it to the us media in the first place? Were they special somehow?

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 08:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skadi_the_Evil_Elf
I dunno about you, but since the Patriot act in the US and anti-terror laws in the UK, I certainly do not feel any safer or more protected from terrorism. And I sure as hell don't feel any freer.

Actually we should be more concern as the intentions of both govenments. . . It seems that Blair and Bush has become one body and one mind. . .

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 08:53 AM
link   
the sector was recovering after 9/11 and SARS and today has probably costed millions, maybe even billions in cancelled flights, etc. this might even effect consumer confidents in the system (which could be very damaging to the UK).

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 08:56 AM
link   
White house have just said, it was a direct threat to the United States

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 08:57 AM
link   
White House is stating that the attack, was and is a threat to the US

breaking news on BBC

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 08:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by T0by
This is all interesting, i'm looking forward to everyone monitoring this closely.
By the way i kinda missed out on the whole 11 students missing.
Can i ask how the fact that 11 students going missing in a place like egypt made it to the us media in the first place? Were they special somehow?

They didnt go missing in Egypt, they went missing immediately after arriving in Michigan, USA. Thats why it got on the news, as like I said the Egyptian militant group just joined Al Queida. There will probably be another attack and these new 'members' of the terror network will be blamed...

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 08:58 AM
link   
CNN reporting Dow only down 14 points. I think if this was that serious then these markets would be a flag.

The Egyptian students went missing in the States and there was an alert to find them but I read 3 of them have now turned themselves in in two separate locations so far so I don't they think they are the mad bombers you're looking for.

Yup Bush is due to speak. feel safer already?

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 08:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by marg6040
Just to know that the military bases are on high alert in the US is also something to think about. . .

Marge given the circumstances and the events that have unfolded that’s SOP, they are on alert "just in case". Especially AFB’s, it wouldn’t surprise me if we already have birds in the air. And BTW this doesn’t only apply to US bases in the CONUS and UK, but all around the world.

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 09:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by asala
White house have just said, it was a direct threat to the United States

Well people strap yourselves to your sits because we are going into war as soon the identity of the plot members is known. . .

Are we going to get another patriot act?

[edit on 10-8-2006 by marg6043]

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 09:01 AM
link   
as my mum always says

its better to be safe than sorry

im not against being on high alert, i think it will stay until after Septembre 11th then it will probably be reduced.

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 09:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skadi_the_Evil_Elf
Hmmm...........is it me or does anyone else find this strange that this is occuring right after the warnings about Egyptians going missing in the US?

Apparently three of the 11 missing Egyptian students have been taken into custody -- and now the FBI claims they don't pose a threat.

CBS News

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 09:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by WestPoint23
Marge given the circumstances and the events that have unfolded that’s SOP, they are on alert "just in case". Especially AFB’s, it wouldn’t surprise me if we already have birds in the air. And BTW this doesn’t only apply to US bases in the CONUS and UK, but all around the world.

Just curious, now that the White House has also stated that this was planned on being an attack on the US, could it be more of a reason to have the bases on higher alert? I would also be suprised if we aren't up in the air already. I know they are in New Orleans. There has been military jets flying over aplenty. On the other hand, that could be normal for here, but I am not on the standard flight path that they take to get to the base.

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 09:02 AM
link   
Not if they are Pakistani though right? After all blind eyes were turned with the nuclear scientist who sold all those secrets to axis of evil countries and he was from there, Osama and Taliban are hiding out there and blind eye is turned again. If it's true as reported early this morning they are Pakistani then I'm sure we'll still attack syria and iran just to be sure

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 09:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by WestPoint23

Yes I am aware off that . . . I will tried to call my husband and find out what else is going on where he is at.

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 09:04 AM
link   
Your avatar scares me niteboy82

and our dear leader, the almighty, Tony has spoken

he basically said thank you to everyone.

[edit on 10-8-2006 by infinite]

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 09:05 AM
link   
More Details.

According to a Department of Homeland Security briefing to the aviation sector, the terrorists appear to have planned to use multiple persons aboard each flight to assemble peroxide-based liquid or gel high explosives. The bomb-making materials could easily be concealed in small containers -- water bottles, tooth paste tubes, juice boxes and any of the other numerous person items passengers traditionally take into the passenger compartment of commercial flights.

At least nine transcontinental flights from American, United and Continental airlines were targeted in the plot. ABC News has learned that terrorists planned to attack the planes three at a time, waiting an hour between each attack.

According to federal authorities, two or three bombers would each carry a separate portion of the bomb onto the plane to avoid detection. Once onboard the bomb would be assembled and then detonated by using heat or friction.

British authorities had been tracking some of the suspects for several weeks but stepped in to round up the plotters when they began to book flight reservations. Ref

Another Minor Detail.

two "significant arrests" in Pakistan in recent days may have significantly accelerated the pace of the investigation.

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 09:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by kickoutthejams
Not if they are Pakistani though right? After all blind eyes were turned with the nuclear scientist who sold all those secrets to axis of evil countries and he was from there, Osama and Taliban are hiding out there and blind eye is turned again. If it's true as reported early this morning they are Pakistani then I'm sure we'll still attack syria and iran just to be sure

the news said they were british born pakistani, meaning their family is pakistani or they are of pakistani descent but were born and raised in the uk

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 09:07 AM
link   
Years before 9/11, it was talked about terrorists could fly planes into buildings.. and we all know what happened.

Today's news talks of the terrorists using liquid explosives contained in contact lens solution bottles and apparently how we cannot detect liquid explosives!

An incident back in 1994 I would of thought would have raised a red flag on a possible attack and started extensive research in detecting these substances.
Here is a link to the details of this attack...
Link

The two had already converted fourteen bottles of contact lens solution into bottles containing nitroglycerin, which was readily available in the Philippines. Yousef taped a metal rod to the arch of his of foot in place of the detonators. Yousef and Mohammed wore jewelry and clothing with metal to confuse airport security.

On December 11, 1994, Yousef had boarded the flight under the assumed name of Armaldo Forlani, using a false Italian passport. The aircraft was Philippine Airlines Flight 434 using that aircraft on a Manila to Narita route. Yousef had set the timer for four hours after he got off the aircraft. The bomb exploded while the aircraft was over Minami Daito Island, near Okinawa, Japan. A Japanese businessman named Haruki Ikegami was killed after the bomb detonated. The Boeing 747-200 safely made an emergency landing in Naha, Okinawa. None of the aircraft's other 272 passengers or any members of the crew were killed, although 10 passengers in front of Ikegami were injured.

How many other ways are known about and not acted upon??? This to me is the major point here.

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 09:09 AM
link   
home grown. its domestic terrorism (which is a nightmare)

but good news, John Terry is the new England captain *is a Chelsea supporter*

back to the plot...

expect something to happen round about 5-6pm. thats rush hour.

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 09:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by niteboy82
Just curious, now that the White House has also stated that this was planned on being an attack on the US, could it be more of a reason to have the bases on higher alert?

I suppose, but after 9/11 any major terror plot which involves the US and especially airlines will get the military’s attention real quick. US military bases go on high alert whenever there is a big drama event anywhere in the world which warrants our attention and possible involvement. For example when the whole Israel-Lebanon thing started US forces and bases were put on high alert, not because we were attacked but because it's SOP.

new topics

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join