It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Major terror plot thwarted in London 8-10-2006

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 09:10 AM
link   
The cynic in me also can't help but wonder whether once again this is real or just plain poliTRICKS.

I recently read about a poll where Lieberman had majority support from Democrats for the job he was doing, but lost the election nonetheless because those same respondent Democrats did not like his perceived closeness to Bush.

That has to freak this Administration and Republicans out...and here we are with the next round of elections sitting before us...

The timing of this and the missing Egyptians story just seems too convenient, doesn't it?

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 09:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by infinite
Your avatar scares me niteboy82

Thanks for pointing out who's avatar was the scariest I thought it was me.

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 09:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by infinite
expect something to happen round about 5-6pm. thats rush hour.

Wait, is that something being reported or just a prediction? Not belittling it either way, as I don't see it out of the realm of possibility, just wanted to know. I don't have my TV yet, so I'm relying on us for information.

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 09:12 AM
link   
I keep hearing the the arrested are of Pakistani decent. I also heard that the threat information is coming from the Pakistani intelligence service, specific threat coming from the Karachi area. So here is some background info that I think is related.

The Man Who Is Planning the Next Attack on America
August 09, 2006 12:49 PM

Pakistani officials tell ABC News a new terrorist plan to attack the United States and Europe is being organized by a shadowy Pakistani.

U.S. law enforcement officials tell ABC News there has been great concern since last March about a "Pakistani" network that could attempt multiple international attacks.

Rehman, now in his mid-30s, worked as an explosives instructor in the al Qaeda camps, according to Pakistani officials, who say he has been deeply involved in most of the major terror attacks in Pakistan in the last few years.

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 09:13 AM
link   
It still seems the worst possible country (The UK) to stage an attack of this kind when the UK has almost the highest preventative security measures at their airports.

Why is CNN detailing certain flights that are inbound to the USA so doom laden like...?

I know this is off topic but couldn't bring myself to start a thread about it and there's quite a few UK posters on this thread but is that Pat Sharpe in the banner ad photos of 'I graduated in' at top of page?

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 09:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by niteboy82
Wait, is that something being reported or just a prediction? Not belittling it either way, as I don't see it out of the realm of possibility, just wanted to know. I don't have my TV yet, so I'm relying on us for information.

no, its an feeling i have.

Apparently, 5 US cities targeted. its breaking news

link   

Originally posted by WestPoint23
For example when the whole Israel-Lebanon thing started US forces and bases were put on high alert, not because we were attacked but because it's SOP.

One point to be in the clear, when the Israel-Lebanon it was not as market as the high alert today.

This time is more guards at the gates where my husband works at and they are checking identifications.

Something that in our small local base is something that will make everybody worry.

they didn't do that when Israel-Lebanon conflict started.

link   

Originally posted by makeitso
Bush is on his way back to Washington from his ranch now.

U.S. National Guard activated to help with security at Logan International Airport.

Also, United, American and Continental airlines were the targeted airlines per ABC

Details
The terrorists captured overnight in London were planning to use a liquid acid explosive that can either be clear or milky depending on the formula and could be mixed up in a bathtub. A container the size of a water bottle could be enough to blow a hole in an airplane and bring down a major passenger jet, which is why airport authorities are stopping passengers from carrying liquids onboard, in particular baby bottles.

Why blow up a plane In-Flight when your compratiots have already demostrated how effective the plane Itself! can be utilized as a missle/bomb?

Been there, done that! Seems a bit of an anti-climax, a demostration of diminished capabilies.

The flights supposedly targeted were to "popular tourist destinations"; why blow up the flight enroute? more destruction would be accomplished once the flight reached it destination; but then what could they do, blow up and crash? Big deal. at most a few hundred dead. Again anti-climatic.

Conspiracy hats firmly on!

What if the "explosive" substance was NOT an explosive, but something best utilized as an aerosol, in a sealed environment, requiring prolonged exposure over several hours to be most effective? Something that could then be effectively spread catastrophically at "popular tourist destinations"?

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 09:15 AM
link   
This whole charade reeks of a Bohemian Grove hatching from just a couple weeks back. Terror, terror everywhere !. Meanwhile one could walk across the Mexican border with a suitcase full of c-4. This takes Israels actions and the Leiberman loss right off the front pages. The only terror here is coming from within.!

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 09:17 AM
link   
A foiled terrorist plot, chaos in the middle east, missing egyptians, the list goes on... Remember long long ago in a news room far away.. North Korea? What happened there? Wasn't that the issue "de jour" not too long ago? Did we give them a free pass? Makes me wonder if King Jung-Il will throw another temper tantrum.. "look at me world, PAY ATTENTION TO ME". Are we to expect another round of missile testings?

Peace

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 09:17 AM
link   
What is it like in the States? we are only hearing bits and pieces over here. Apparently 5 cities in America were the targets? can anyone confirm this?

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 09:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by YIAWETA
This whole charade reeks of a Bohemian Grove hatching from just a couple weeks back. Terror, terror everywhere !. Meanwhile one could walk across the Mexican border with a suitcase full of c-4. This takes Israels actions and the Leiberman loss right off the front pages. The only terror here is coming from within.!

Amen to that.

So now they got some of those missing Egyptians into custody, and the FBI said that they do not pose a threat? But what about the warnings to "approach them with extreme caution"?

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 09:19 AM
link   
I agree that this new terror plot will make a great political campaign . . .

But people has gotten tire of the same old same.

Perhaps something else will be coming to make a very loud and clear statement of how vulnerable we really are in the US.

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 09:19 AM
link   
Woah, this is big on such a huge scale,

radio and tv here in uk telling us to not travel if possible, skys pretty much empty

i live in the town over from luton airport so i usualy see a few each day, nothing so far

if this is a real terroist thing then id like to thank the poilce for saving lives!

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 09:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
I agree that this new terror plot will make a great political campaign . . .

But people has gotten tire of the same old same.

What other arrows do they have in their quiver?

Originally posted by marg6043
Perhaps something else will be coming to make a very loud and clear statement of how vulnerable we really are in the US.

God, let's hope not.

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by marg6040
they didn't do that when Israel-Lebanon conflict started.

I suppose that might have been more oriented toward major bases especially ones in the region and oversees. Seeing as how this involved the US the response level is presumably higher. BTW, what kind of base is the one in your community, Reserve, Guard, Army, AF?

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 09:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Eternal_Question
radio and tv here in uk telling us to not travel if possible, skys pretty much empty

All i can hear is helicopters now and again. nothing else.
it must be serious if we are being told not to travel.

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 09:23 AM
link   
Its not just the US that is vulnerable.. Everyone is.
We need to act on threats and the possible means of conducting these attacks.
I refer you back to my post on the bottom of page 15.

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 09:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by loam
God, let's hope not.

I would not be surprise if some of they arrest more plotters here in the US will arsenals and everything.

That will be enough to make most Americans go into a paranoia state and cling to their political favorites again trusting them with their lives.

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 09:25 AM
link   
somebody posted here from another forum about something bigger than 911 gonna happen in August I think that would bring us into the mix v Syria / Iran... but that was mean't to be a false flag deal if I recall. I can't find the thread now...

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join