It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Major terror plot thwarted in London 8-10-2006

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 08:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by kickoutthejams
John Reid the British Home Secretary confirmed Tony B knew about it for months (he also said the same about Bush) and that he had been involved at all stages of the process.

Sky News interviewing a Muslim 'looking' guy who was removed from a flight, he's very relaxed although has tears in his eyes as he was the only one removed from the flight. Guess we will have 'whites only' airlines coming soon then?

Stock Market I was referring to the London Stock exchange as I don't think the US exchange was open when the story broke.

[edit on 10-8-2006 by kickoutthejams]

it bugs the hell out of me when innocent people get descriminated in such a way by over zealous people because of their race

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 08:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by timeless test
Errr... he knew about the investigation, presumably not the fact that the police were going to have to move last night.

they moved cause "somthing happened" (which we dont know) and Tony Blair probably didn't know about that. IF they were successful in striking something today,tomorrow (whenever) Tony will be straight back to the UK. During 7/7 attacks, he left the G8 meeting and returned to London.

link   
West Midlands police have arrested 2 individuals under the terrorism act - Sky News

link   
This thread has gone so far into that is going to be difficult for me to catch up. he,he,

My husband called me from the base where he works at 5:30 in the morning to ask me If I new something is on, because the security at the base was on high alert and he was happy that today he decided to be there earlier than usual.

The lines were already building up to get inside for the many workers of the base.

I turned the tv on and there it was!!!!!!

After seriously consideration on the matter and be Very glad that the plot was stopped.

My skeptical and conspiracy orientated mind started to work as usually.

Perhaps more rambling than anything else. . .

But I will bet that most of the people taking over will be Syrian and Iranian.

It will be a direct link to Iran for the World destruction. . .

The Iranian leader will say something stupid as usual full or arrogance.

It will be like 9/11 but without the death toll as presented by our governments and the media. . .

People will get angry. . .

US will launch an attack to Iran for trying to destroy the world.

The justification will be well received and commended.

We will be into another war for the sake of the world.

I am ranting perhaps? what you think.

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 08:28 AM
link   
If COBRA was convened (and it was twice in last 24 hours apparently) then SOP is that Prime Minister would be in the loop wherever in the world he is period.

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 08:30 AM
link   
Calm before the storm? that what it feels like now.

I reckon this will be in place until after September 11th, then it should "hopefully" go back to normal.

no words on those suspects who are wanted.

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 08:34 AM
link   
Hmmm...........is it me or does anyone else find this strange that this is occuring right after the warnings about Egyptians going missing in the US?

Oh we should all be afraid of the big bad terrorists. Seriously. They will attack, and attack your freedoms as well. But the terrorists in question are governments of the US and UK police states in their infancy.

So yeah, the threat of a bombing or terrorist attack is real. CIA and MI6 will not stop until everyone is properly frightened into submission. They will attack again.

link   
well 2 more individuals have been arrested by west midlands police under the terrorism act.. could be them

or one of the 21 others could have blabbed and dropped his mates in it too

link   

Originally posted by infinite
no words on those suspects who are wanted.

I'm assuming that the 2 arrested by the West Midlands police are something to do with the missing suspects.

Can't you guys also use the ATS chat facility for quicker discussion

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 08:35 AM
link   

If COBRA was convened (and it was twice in last 24 hours apparently) then SOP is that Prime Minister would be in the loop wherever in the world he is period.

Sorry, probably a misunderstanding, I think we're saying the same thing.

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 08:38 AM
link   
I wonder how wall street will open today. . .

I bet the oil prices will be something to watch out as usual. . .

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 08:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skadi_the_Evil_Elf
Hmmm...........is it me or does anyone else find this strange that this is occuring right after the warnings about Egyptians going missing in the US?

Oh we should all be afraid of the big bad terrorists. Seriously. They will attack, and attack your freedoms as well. But the terrorists in question are governments of the US and UK police states in their infancy.

So yeah, the threat of a bombing or terrorist attack is real. CIA and MI6 will not stop until everyone is properly frightened into submission. They will attack again.

I think your right, and as I said, I would put my money on the attack being tomorrow at some point. Especially as Al Queida has just announced that a muslim extremist group in Egypt has just joined their 'terror network'

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 08:39 AM
link   
well seeing as he's not on his way back and he did know about it then I think it looks very bad form for Tony Blair, especially when his deputy John Prescott's competence has repeatedly been questioned in recent weeks.

In response to the other poster about blaming Iran / Syria I do hope this won't end up as a pretext for THAT...

interestingly and unlike Forest Gate and other recent house searches I don't see any forensics people, tents, vans at the houses on TV...

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 08:42 AM
link   

interestingly and unlike Forest Gate and other recent house searches I don't see any forensics people, tents, vans at the houses on TV...

I notice that also that it was civilian walking and driving in front of such a very high risk area where it could be all kind of hazardous materials that were to be use for bombs.

Just to know that the military bases are on high alert in the US is also something to think about. . .

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 08:47 AM
link   
On the rolling news on BBC 24 just, a government expert on terrorism saying that if a terrorist wanted to take explosives on to a plane they could do that by sticking it into a body cavity as they have no measures for such places.

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 08:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by DarkUK
I think your right, and as I said, I would put my money on the attack being tomorrow at some point. Especially as Al Queida has just announced that a muslim extremist group in Egypt has just joined their 'terror network'

Oh really? I did not know this.

Well, well, well. So now they uped the stakes to increase the American paranoia that those missing Egyptian students probably are Al-CIA-duh. So now people will panick, and beg almight benevolent Big Brother to please carry out all the unconstitutional searches and seizures of anyone remotely suspicous. After all, its for our own safety! Nothing wrong with giving up a "few" silly liberties just so we can stay safe from big bad scary Arabs with bombs. After all, people have already given up their liberties. Whose gonna miss those lost liberties anyway?

The question is, just how many of these silly liberties will people give up before they find themselves voiceless caged rats? One day they will wake up and the last liberty is gone, and they will say, well damn, where did they go?

I dunno about you, but since the Patriot act in the US and anti-terror laws in the UK, I certainly do not feel any safer or more protected from terrorism. And I sure as hell don't feel any freer.

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 08:50 AM
link   
There's nothing really that I have at the moment to contribute except for this: To everyone in the areas where this is going on, I wish you safety. Some of us have no choice but to fly, and to those, I hope you are able to feel safer when on the plane. What a mess this all is, I have a feeling it will get worse, but I just hope that all of us can be safe, and that is my bottom line no matter what the details are of what happened today.

*Edit - Skadi as always above me
And yes I agree with you.

[edit on 8/10/06 by niteboy82]

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 08:51 AM
link   

well seeing as he's not on his way back and he did know about it then I think it looks very bad form.

OK then, we're not saying the same thing. It's a long term investigation which was not expected to develop rapidly over this timescale so he went away as planned (or close to), but has staff with him and is in routine contact with back home. You can't expect anyone to cancel all holiday indefinitely. He would doubtless be back pronto if anything actually went bang - I don't have a problem with that at all.

As for Prescott, well criticising him is a bit like pushing an open door, and let's face it its not him calling the operational shots is it?

link   

Originally posted by Koka
I'm assuming that the 2 arrested by the West Midlands police are something to do with the missing suspects.

Can't you guys also use the ATS chat facility for quicker discussion

im hoping and i have been flirting with chat, but its not very busy (yet)

link   
Bush is on his way back to Washington from his ranch now.

U.S. National Guard activated to help with security at Logan International Airport.

Also, United, American and Continental airlines were the targeted airlines per ABC

Details
The terrorists captured overnight in London were planning to use a liquid acid explosive that can either be clear or milky depending on the formula and could be mixed up in a bathtub. A container the size of a water bottle could be enough to blow a hole in an airplane and bring down a major passenger jet, which is why airport authorities are stopping passengers from carrying liquids onboard, in particular baby bottles.

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join