It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Major terror plot thwarted in London 8-10-2006

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 09:27 AM
link   
its business as usual here,

nothings in the sky (thats normal for here occasionally we get the police helicopter, blimp from the raceway, or passing RAF jet but thats it)
traffics normal
there IS a increased police prescence but that could be because of the murders this last few weeks (damn gangs)

sky is ominously dark though lol

link   
I live quite close to Heathrow, only about 20 miles or so and I have seen nothing in the skies all day, no helicopters, fighter jets, nothing.

link   
It's interesting that all of the US officials are spouting "al-Qaeda" but the British newspapers are reporting that those that were arrested are British-born Asian men.

Fear factor, anyone?

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 09:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skadi_the_Evil_Elf
But what about the warnings to "approach them with extreme caution"?

Yeah, it was a warning out of caution; now that they have three in custody they may have determined that they do not pose a threat.

link   

Originally posted by infinite
what a meaningless press conference.

we, my friends, are being kept in the dark. something is happening or about to happen and we are not being told

Being ex military i have a few close contacts still serving. I have been on the phone to one of them in the last hour and was told they have been placed on temp 5 minutes notice to move should anything arise

Police are driving around and army trucks aswell (but its normal, this happened on 9/11 and 7/7). afew sirens, but something really doesn't feel right.

[edit on 10-8-2006 by infinite]

you do live near a major barrakcs though

link   
anyone know what the police were upto in that wood earlier?

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by elderban
Fear factor, anyone?

they cancelled that show afew years back

i dont think its Al Qaeda, is probably a "wannabe" home grown group.

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
I can't believe some of the posts I'm reading. 'it's just hype' and 'they are just
doing this to take my freedoms' or to paraphrase - it smells fishy and was made
up, etc etc etc.

HELLO?? WTC attack #1; Bali Night Club; 9-11; Spain train bombing; last years
subway bombing in England; etc etc

Terrorism is real. These morons wanting to blow up planes and kill you are real.
Some folks need to get their heads out of the sand ... welcome to 2006 and the
FACT that people want to kill you because you don't worship God the same way
that they do.

people convienienty foget lockerbie too.

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by WestPoint23
. BTW, what kind of base is the one in your community, Reserve, Guard, Army, AF?

Is the USMC depot, equipment is fix in our base and the base support with equipment and logistics the troops in Iraq and also they fix equipemnt once in a while from other countries . . .

link   

It's interesting that all of the US officials are spouting "al-Qaeda" but the British newspapers are reporting that those that were arrested are British-born Asian men.

Fear factor, anyone?

who's to say british born muslims haven't joined al qaeda? They have cells in the UK and they will obviously attempt to recruit.

link   

Originally posted by aragami
anyone know what the police were upto in that wood earlier?

No idea but it was in Buckinghamshire (High Wycombe is in Bucks too right?) Aren't there lots of caves near High Wycombe? hellfire club n all that?

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 09:31 AM
link   
yeah, skies over Bournemouth seem a bit dead too. We live pretty close to the airport. Normall, I hear and see a few more planes.

Even weirder, is that US air marshals are being sent to the UK to help with "security". For some reason, I find that disturbing. US law enforcement working on British flights? I mean, Britian does have its own law enforcement people.

*sniff sniff* I smell NWO.

By the way, my husband is in Spain for the week and is flying back Monday. I wonder what hes thinking.

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 09:32 AM
link   

Apparently they are British born Pakistani, and apparently several individuals have been arrested in Pakistan in relation to this, so there may be an Al-Qaeda hand in this.

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 09:33 AM
link   

Fear factor, anyone?

elderban,
The Brits call India and Pakistani individuals Asian. A quick review of the news will show you that most of the arrested are British born of Pakistani decent.

There is a lot of politically correct terminology going around. For example, you will be hard pressed to find the word muslim, islamic, or terrorist in the reports unless you really look.

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 09:33 AM
link   
perhaps they were looking for evidence that explosives had been tested there recently because i seem to remember they said that one of the failed bombers last year tested the devices in a field near his house

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Eternal_Question
Woah, this is big on such a huge scale,

radio and tv here in uk telling us to not travel if possible, skys pretty much empty

i live in the town over from luton airport so i usualy see a few each day, nothing so far

if this is a real terroist thing then id like to thank the poilce for saving lives!

indeed, this is a job weel done. They can't win though. When an attack happens, people start having a go at them, labelling them incompetent and unable to do a job, letting it go ahead to further an agenda etc. Then when they actually foil something its more political tricks.....

link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
Terrorism is real. These morons wanting to blow up planes and kill you are real.
Some folks need to get their heads out of the sand ... welcome to 2006 and the
FACT that people want to kill you because you don't worship God the same way
that they do.

THAT has ALWAYS been the case...but I hardly think it's worth dumping our democracy and freedoms over.

What I see in 2006 is a government that has used the issue to single handedly dismantle all accountability in government. I'm much more frightened of that!

link   

Originally posted by Skadi_the_Evil_Elf
I mean, Britian does have its own law enforcement people.

Yeah but do they have people specifically trained for this kind of work? You can’t take the average cop and stick him in an airplane to defend it.

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 09:37 AM
link   
yeh, thats what I was thinking. Considering they would have to mix the stuff onboard, which would be hard with folk sitting next to you and the staff, they would have to practice and make sure things will work

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by aragami
perhaps they were looking for evidence that explosives had been tested there recently because i seem to remember they said that one of the failed bombers last year tested the devices in a field near his house

i forgot about that...
thats a good point.

anyone heard anything else about those other members of the cell? according to the BBC, 21 out of the 50 have been arrested.

new topics

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join