It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Major terror plot thwarted in London 8-10-2006

page: 19
<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 09:58 AM
link   
reports of a failed hijacking in Qatar..

Al Jazeera is reporting it

link   

Originally posted by shaunybaby

Originally posted by Koka
So why the sudden urgency in placing Air Marshals on planes, when the UK Gov. new full well about these threats?

Air Marshals are nothing more than bouncers, what exactly do they do that would curtail and imminent attack?

I don't think air marshals with guns would be a good idea, as one could be over powered by numerous attackers and well then you've got terrorists on a plane with a gun.

Not only that, but what are they to do with the guns? Now, you can shoot a gun in a plane and it won't depressurize the plan... if you hit your target, but if you miss, or it goes through your target, and blows out a window or something, that would cause depressurization, which is not a good thing.

link   

Originally posted by lombozo
I'd rather give up my "liberties" than being memorialized on a tombstone.

Then don't ever drive a car or cross the street... In fact, NEVER leave your home... Sit by the phone and wait for the government to provide you with instructions on what to eat...when to sleep...etc...

There are causes of preventable death that far exceed the numbers resulting from terrorism...but we don't freak out about those, do we?

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 09:59 AM
link   
Just yesterday I said to myself "We are due for another terror attack." Believe it or not. With the defeat of Leiberman and the new Israeli assault on Lebanon, Iraq dissolving into complete carnage, the BP mess in Alaska, Bush's approval ratings swirling around the toilet bowl, the Republican stranglehold on our government following it down, etc., etc.

And they have known about this plot for months. Perfect timing to make a move now, for them. What worries me is the thought they are claiming two suspects still at large. That gives me the impression we will hear the "We did our best, but one cell managed to slip through and carry out their plans," story soon. I sure hope I'm wrong about that, but there you have it.

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 09:59 AM
link   
Mi5 has no armed authority and acts a infomation provider for the goverment,

Unlike the FBI they have no police style power to become an authority. Although I do agree, as security services go 5 and 6 do the job well.

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 10:03 AM
link   

How about being memorialized on a tombstone for dying to protect your liberties??? That is a scary thought that people actually declare publicly that they would give up liberties. Very scary.

Also Loam, thank you for bringing up one of the most sensical responses I have seen so far in this thread: Why would people think to distrust the government in the first place?

My applause to you for that, short and sweet. Thank you.
I would give you an applause if I could.

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Double_DKool
but if you miss, or it goes through your target, and blows out a window or something, that would cause depressurization, which is not a good thing.

No it won’t, look up Mythbusters. These individuals are trained to hit people in a closed and small area like a plane cabin.

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 10:06 AM
link   
This is serious those who think it is part of a propaganda ploy are daft.

Media Control would raise terrorist propaganda - but this would not be done at the expense to industry we have seen today.

An 'Imminent' attack - alert raised to 'Critical'.

Even so I do agree that this has totally blanked the middle east from the news.

Also a failed hijack of a Qatar airline is reported on Al-Jazeera.

Looks like this is a massively co-ordinated attack...

FOILED - mmm think the chaos will continue for a few days yet.

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by loam

Then don't ever drive a car or cross the street... In fact, NEVER leave your home... Sit by the phone and wait for the government to provide you with instructions on what to eat...when to sleep...etc...

Well that's a great way to totally lose context. My stating that I don't mind not being able to take items on a plane that could be easily disguised have absolutely nothing to do with being scared to live my life.

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by WestPoint23

Originally posted by Double_DKool
but if you miss, or it goes through your target, and blows out a window or something, that would cause depressurization, which is not a good thing.

No it won’t, look up Mythbusters. These individuals are trained to hit people in a closed and small area like a plane cabin.

I was watching the X-Files the other day and Mulder was in an airplane and that episode of Mythbusters came to mind.

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by The_artist

Unlike the FBI they have no police style power to become an authority. Although I do agree, as security services go 5 and 6 do the job well.

agreed.

as far as im aware MI5 and to some extent MI6 do all the intelligence gathering (and clandestine stuff) then when action is needed either the police. special branch or whatever clandestine services have authority to take action do it

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 10:09 AM
link   
Originally posted by Icarus Rising

Just yesterday I said to myself "We are due for another terror attack." Believe it or not. With the defeat of Leiberman and the new Israeli assault on Lebanon, Iraq dissolving into complete carnage, the BP mess in Alaska, Bush's approval ratings swirling around the toilet bowl, the Republican stranglehold on our government following it down, etc., etc.

And they have known about this plot for months. Perfect timing to make a move now, for them. What worries me is the thought they are claiming two suspects still at large. That gives me the impression we will hear the "We did our best, but one cell managed to slip through and carry out their plans," story soon. I sure hope I'm wrong about that, but there you have it.

No, you aren't wrong Icarus Rising. This is the scam of all scams. And just look at who's buying it. It's very discouraging.

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skadi_the_Evil_Elf

Probably because they are taking our freedoms.

PUHHHLLLEEEAAASSSEEE.

People crying about their "freedoms" while hiring an air taxi service make me laugh. You know what, lose a family member from a terrorist act first before you cry about your "lost freedoms" on an airplane. The fact remains, is that there are sick freaking people in this world that are willing to blow themselves up as well as hundreds of innocent people that have NOTHING to do with your "conspiring government." Enough already, Skadi. All you do is put blame on the government on this site constantly, just begging that some sort of hard evidence will surface, when all you really have is a boat load of speculation.

9/11 was a government job. So was the Spain Bombing and the London bombings.

I know it is. The government hates your freedoms and will not stop their attacks until you are properly subverted.

Do you live in the US? Honestly, if you do, then get out if you hate the government so much. Yes, there have been a few hiccups along the way, nobody is perfect. But, if you don't like it, then GET OUT. The last thing America needs is people who are so against our government, that you mind as well be a terrorist yourself.

They will not stop until you are all branded slaves with your entire lives and liberties under their control.

They'll stop when we bomb the piss out of them. And once they are successful in pissing Americans off enough, they'll be meeting with their BS God and 71 virgins sooner than they think.

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 10:10 AM
link   
Thanks, niteboy82

Originally posted by niteboy82
That is a scary thought that people actually declare publicly that they would give up liberties. Very scary.

Scary, indeed!

This is on Drudge:

CNN: 'Don't use your cellphone within 50 feet of a suspicious object, you might detonate something'...

And now on TV: "Massachusetts Governor activating the national guard to help the TSA."

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 10:11 AM
link   
The failed hijacking in Qatar is worrying (might not be related).

but a string of attacks might be starting (unlikely as it seems), but its worrying times. Israeli planes are on alert (due to the history of hijacks).

i really don't like how this is turning out

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by niteboy82
How about being memorialized on a tombstone for dying to protect your liberties??? That is a scary thought that people actually declare publicly that they would give up liberties. Very scary.

It's not a civil liberty to be able to take a cd player or laptop on the plane with you.

It is NOT your right to be able to take whatever you want on to a plane. It's common sense that people shouldn't take knives, guns, chemicals etc on to a plane. Why should you therefore have any qualms with not being allowed to take on laptops, mp3 players where explosive devices could be smuggled..

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by aragami

Originally posted by The_artist

agreed.

as far as im aware MI5 and to some extent MI6 do all the intelligence gathering (and clandestine stuff) then when action is needed either the police. special branch or whatever clandestine services have authority to take action do it

nice to see someone who is using fact on this matter

Per team at 5, one person is assigned last resort firearm responsibility

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by loam
And now on TV: "Massachusetts Governor activating the national guard to help the TSA."

And there’s something wrong with this?

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 10:13 AM
link   
fox news just reported the failed attempt in Qutar as well. said they dont know if its linked to this. i assume it is. i wonder if anyone has gotten on board somewhere and theres going to be a terrible disater. i hope not.

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skadi_the_Evil_Elf

Originally posted by Knights
Prove it then!
You are bold enough to make such a claim, i'm sure you will have bold evidence too?

There is a whole forum on this board full of proof. Go there.

I'm not denying they may have had some knowledge on the scenario, but mainy they are still joining the dots.

They had MORE than some knowldge. But that is discussed in another forum.

I think your living in the wrong country. Go live in the ME for a while.

I already have, thank you very much.

I think we have more rights in general than most living under strict Islamic laws/ dictatorships.

Thats changing every day. We are becoming more and more like those dictatorships.

please list every freedom that has been taken away from us. go on.

freedom has been taken away from those who violate the human rights of others.

[edit on 10-8-2006 by Peyres]

new topics

top topics

<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join