It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Major terror plot thwarted in London 8-10-2006

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 08:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by TONE23
yes thank god...lmao...there WAS NOTHING to pull off... this is justa ghost story

Yeah because you say so…
C’mon use common sense here.

[edit on 10-8-2006 by WestPoint23]

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 08:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by WestPoint23
Yeah because you say so…

I AM the ONLY person using common sense HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 08:05 AM
link   
Thanks ERICDS!

That really IS unimaginable!

Though I suppose if they were detonated over populated areas, more people could be harmed,.....

link   
gosh this is moving so fast, could someone draw up some points on this so far,

so lets start,

21 people arrested,

Aim was to down 6 planes,

plot was in the final stages,

chaos at airports with many airlines cancling plans in and out

Liquid explosives would have been used,

hand luggage ban,

link   

Originally posted by DarkUK
I work in radio and I am at work now. BA (British Airways) Have just pulled all adverts for the next few days from the entire network of stations I work for. This seems a little odd to me, dont they usually do things like that after something bad happens? As a sign of respect for those who it affects?

Correct me if I am wrong...

Maybe to a) cover the losses of share price falling this morning or b) discourage passengers as they make the new (and likely to be permanent) transition to 'No hand luggage' out of the UK and pay for the extra staff for 'baby milk tasting'

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 08:07 AM
link   

Yeah because you say so…

i think your a wee bit to paranoid

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 08:08 AM
link   
TONE you’re the only person who is in denial and in delusion here; this is as real as it gets. You just don’t want to accept it because that would mean terrorism exists and the people in government did something right! My, we can’t have that.

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 08:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by aragami

Yeah because you say so…

i think your a wee bit to paranoid

you guys are the ones running around like chikcens without your heads and I am being paranoid?

thats rich

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 08:09 AM
link   
more summary points:

US Air Marshals to be sent to UK and incorporated into wider US policy of Homeland Security.

The arrested were Pakastani / British Born (although not been mentioned since on news TV)

Some of the arrested have already been released with no charge

Tony Blair knew all about it which is why he took his flight a day earlier (and took his duty free in his hand luggage)

stock market fell initially but has now recovered. Airline stocks fell sharply with BAA losing 5% in first hours of trading.

All other news no longer being reported.

link   

yes thank god...lmao...there WAS NOTHING to pull off... this is justa ghost story

AM I the only one that sees this for what it is... FAKE

[edit on 10-8-2006 by TONE23]

Please stop trying to derail a thread, you think its a hoax? make a different thread instead of trying to hijack and prevent us from discussing the news story.

say hello to my ignore button aswell

link   

TONE you’re the only person who is in denial and in delusion here; this is as real as it gets. You just don’t want to accept it because that would mean terrorism exists and the people in government did something right! My, we can’t have that.

yes and the timing of 911 conspiracies gaining national light has NOTHING at all to do with this...roflmao

like i SAID

BOO

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 08:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by infinite

AM I the only one that sees this for what it is... FAKE

[edit on 10-8-2006 by TONE23]

Please stop trying to derail a thread, you think its a hoax? make a different thread instead of trying to hijack and prevent us from discussing the news story.

say hello to my ignore button aswell

ok, fair enough; I digress

my apologies.

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 08:13 AM
link   
Security restrictions will be inplace as long as need and the government does not want to close airports. Terror threat will remain as "critical", just to be on a safe side.

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 08:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by timeless test

IB. Solar Activity Forecast: Solar activity is expected to be very
low to low.

www.sec.noaa.gov...

Looks like we can all breathe easily again...

Sunspot activity goes in cycles, on the 110 year cycle we are at a low, on the 11 year cycle we are on a low, on the 12 day cycle we are at a mini solar high, a strangely active solar high, watch the graph as it updates and see the activity for yourself.

P.S. I have been watching solar actiivity for the last 9 years, there have been a few occasions where activity goes a bit haywire (like today) and these are the days things like this happen, 9/11, 7/7, and only on these days.

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 08:15 AM
link   
Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't there an area of it's own for political conspiracies? If there is, that would be a cool place for you to go and and discuss this there. I think this is the place for actual War on Terrorism.

On a side note, I have errands to run so I'll be gone for awhile. Hope there's more to the story when I come back.

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 08:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by kickoutthejams
more summary points:

US Air Marshals to be sent to UK and incorporated into wider US policy of Homeland Security.

The arrested were Pakastani / British Born (although not been mentioned since on news TV)

Some of the arrested have already been released with no charge

Tony Blair knew all about it which is why he took his flight a day earlier (and took his duty free in his hand luggage)

stock market fell initially but has now recovered. Airline stocks fell sharply with BAA losing 5% in first hours of trading.

All other news no longer being reported.

just a little comment :p its confirmed that blair knew about the surveillence but its not confirmed whther he knew about the operation to arrest them as it occured last night in response to "something happen"ing after he'd gone on holiday, (which has been booked for a while)

personally i think if he left because a terrorist attack was imminant it doesnt reflect well on him

edit:

you guys are the ones running around like chikcens without your heads and I am being paranoid?

thats rich

no ones running round with chickens without their heads, incoming flights from a couple of major airports around london and some outgoing flights are suspended until a review at 3pm, theres a heightened security level which is SOP in situations like this and theres extra security/checks at airports, which is all pretty understandable under the current situation

[edit on 10-8-2006 by aragami]

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 08:19 AM
link   
how has the stock market recovered? there all in the red, Dow Jones is nearly down by a 100 points.

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 08:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by ericds
Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't there an area of it's own for political conspiracies? If there is, that would be a cool place for you to go and and discuss this there. I think this is the place for actual War on Terrorism.

On a side note, I have errands to run so I'll be gone for awhile. Hope there's more to the story when I come back.

I am glad to see someone has created a division in the definition between terrorism and political conspiracies, I must have missed something somewhere to not have noticed this. DUH!

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 08:22 AM
link   
John Reid the British Home Secretary confirmed Tony B knew about it for months (he also said the same about Bush) and that he had been involved at all stages of the process.

Sky News interviewing a Muslim 'looking' guy who was removed from a flight, he's very relaxed although has tears in his eyes as he was the only one removed from the flight. Guess we will have 'whites only' airlines coming soon then?

Stock Market I was referring to the London Stock exchange as I don't think the US exchange was open when the story broke.

[edit on 10-8-2006 by kickoutthejams]

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 08:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by kickoutthejams
John Reid the British Home Secretary confirmed Tony B knew about it for months (he also said the same about Bush) and that he had been involved at all stages of the process.

Errr... he knew about the investigation, presumably not the fact that the police were going to have to move last night.

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join