It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Major terror plot thwarted in London 8-10-2006

page: 20
<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by ericds
I was thinking while I was gone, in Britain, how is security around places other than the airport?

Not tight enough to stop the threat we are continually being told about.

I've said this before on other threads, if someone, an individual wanted to kill a large amount of people in London or any major city in the world whats to stop them.

This threat continues to be exaggerated as a control mechanism. I don't say there is not a genuine threat, just that it is being used as a tool by both the US and UK governments who need there populous to support them or atleast not react against them.

It makes me laugh when the media refer to the beginning of the Israel/Lebanese conflict starting due to the kidnapping of 2 and killing of 7 Israeli soldiers. Has the controversial matter of land taken by Israel have no part to play in this conflict?

I mention this, as the continued high profile war on terror seems to ignore the reasons for people fighting in this capacity to begin with, history ignored.

The war on terrorism is a falacy, as it is known by all governments that this war cannot ever be won.

How many victims of the present Israeli onslaught have friends and family members that now support, back and have joined Hezbollah. It happened in Afghanistan, Iraq and now Lebanon, and will continue as long as greed and corruption rule western governments.

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 10:15 AM
link   
I live on a flight path to an airport and am glad people are getting on aircraft with nothing that can blow it up...

Hell make it fun

Your only now allowed to travel in beach shorts and bikinis.....

Most of the flights are holiday ones anyways and it would lighten up business charters for sure.

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by niteboy82

How about being memorialized on a tombstone for dying to protect your liberties??? That is a scary thought that people actually declare publicly that they would give up liberties. Very scary.

What liberties are you so reluctant to give up? How hard is it to just follow the rules? What, you can't sit tight for a few hours while you travel? What is the big deal? The governments are trying to protect you. Would you rather allow anything on the plane, and I mean anything?

What do you wish you could do on a plane that you are not still allowed to do? play frisbee?

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Peyres
please list every freedom that has been taken away from us. go on.

How about listing every government accountability protected?

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 10:16 AM
link   
Hi all I am new on here and I was just having a read to see what people were talking about and I came accross people argueing their opinions quite heatidly, skadi the evil elf and others.

I just wanted to point out the main reasons wars start is because people cannot accept each others opinions and work with them and try to help them learn other points of view. There are extremists out there who cannot be helped and who need to be stopped but for us normal civilised people please try and chill out a bit, try starting a sentence "that is your opinion, my opinion however is".

Now on to my opinion - I think that today could have been one of the most catastrophic days in Britains history and the people responsible for stopping these extremists are heroes in my eyes, imagine if nothing had been done and they had carried out their plans we would all be in a state of shock right now wouldn't we? Also in my opinion people who are complaining about not having a walkman etc on board with them, I'm sure that you would be far more "angry and upset" if a friend or family had been killed in this attack had it been successful.

This is no conspiracy people again this is only my opinion but in countries such as our own people are only elected to be in charge if they r intellegent people with good continuaty - theres no way they would lie about such a threat for their own benefit in other political issues.

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skadi_the_Evil_Elf
There is a whole forum on this board full of proof. Go there.

This is a damned conspiracy site! Of course there is going to be 'proof', or rather things which could indicate a possible link to a conspiracy.

When you openly declared they were behind it I want you to show me a report actually proving the Government set the whole thing up. As far as I can se there are too many conflicting stories to determine one or the other... Perhaps you know something that I or most of the world don't know?

I'd get writing to the general mass media with your firm proof showing you are indeed correct and every Western Government wants to kill it's people!

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by WestPoint23

Originally posted by loam
And now on TV: "Massachusetts Governor activating the national guard to help the TSA."

And there’s something wrong with this?

No, WestPoint23, just another aspect to the "frenzy" I'm not really liking...

Look, here's the deal for me. I'M GLAD IF THEY THWARTED A REAL ATTACK... But I am also concerned whether there is some political capitalization of the circumstances in play. THAT would bother me a great deal!

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Knights

This is a damned conspiracy site! Of course there is going to be 'proof', or rather things which could indicate a possible link to a conspiracy.

When you openly declared they were behind it I want you to show me a report actually proving the Government set the whole thing up. As far as I can se there are too many conflicting stories to determine one or the other... Perhaps you know something that I or most of the world don't know?

I'd get writing to the general mass media with your firm proof showing you are indeed correct and every Western Government wants to kill it's people!

Knights, there is no use. CT'ers will turn ANY event against the US government, or any other government, point fingers, say this, say that, but that is all they are doing, SAYING stuff. I am totally with you on this.

What they DON'T get is all the things their government does provide, you know, like, all the roads they drive on, public law enforcement, oh wait, education, etc etc. Just point out the "flaws." It is just so stupid.

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by WestPoint23

And now on TV: "Massachusetts Governor activating the national guard to help the TSA."

And there’s something wrong with this?

Aigh there is something very wrong with that to me. I flew only 2 months after 9/11 and had to sit through the lines while men in military fatigues watched over everyone with machine guns.

That is not liberty, that is not freedom, that is installing fear into those boarding flights.

Why not call up state police, why not ask local cops to come in and assist, why the hell do you need armed military men hand searching innocent civilians!! I was in my teens when 9/11 happend, I cannot imagine what children today grow up thinking, they see wars on TV, innocent people and children being dragged out of bombed out buildings, women screaming on tv over lossed ones, and if they happen to be going to Disney World today with their family, they will see them man handled by men in fatigues.

How dare you call that normal America, how dare you ask what is wrong with that picture, HOW DARE you say it prevents terrorism IT IS TERRORISM!!!

Explain to me please how this is ok to have the military acting as police?

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Look, here's the deal for me. I'M GLAD IF THEY THWARTED A REAL ATTACK... But I am also concerned whether there is some political capitalization of the circumstances in play. THAT would bother me a great deal!

Well, the UK has not used the Civil Contingencies Act to declare a state of emergency and introduce new laws, etc. At the moment, i do not see any political capitalization in the UK.

But we will have to wait and see what happens...

link   

Isn't that what politicians do? Use events, and their opinion on events, to gain support for their beliefs?

link   
just now on sky news, they showed one of the houses in birmingham being raided, there are more of them in this group that the police are hunting. good luck to those and i hope they catch them. another terror attack is definate though, the terrorists will not give up. what has scared me is the scale of this operation.

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 10:25 AM
link   
Well if there's one thing we learned from Al-Qaeda attacks, it's that they usually come in pairs or more....

Those who are complaining about their 'liberties' being taken away, open your eyes--this world is a dangerous place and obviously if you haven't experienced terror first hand or had anybody close to you affected by it, this is an easy statement to make.

Is it that hard to accept that sometimes preventive measures need to be put into place to ensure the safety and wellbeing of this country's citizens, or does everything have to be some grand conspiracy theory?

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mouth
Knights, there is no use. CT'ers will turn ANY event against the US government, or any other government, point fingers, say this, say that, but that is all they are doing, SAYING stuff. I am totally with you on this.

What they DON'T get is all the things their government does provide, you know, like, all the roads they drive on, public law enforcement, oh wait, education, etc etc. Just point out the "flaws." It is just so stupid.

Because of course there has NEVER been a real government conspiracy before...or abuse of power...

Your position is as nutty as the one you point out, imo.

Vigilance, people...vigilance...against the terrorists AND any potential government abuse of power. Get it?

[edit on 10-8-2006 by loam]

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck

Aigh there is something very wrong with that to me. I flew only 2 months after 9/11 and had to sit through the lines while men in military fatigues watched over everyone with machine guns.

That is not liberty, that is not freedom, that is installing fear into those boarding flights.

Fear? I'd feel safer. Just knowing that I have a trained professional watching my back helps me a great deal. These men aren't going to open up on you for boarding a plane, if you refused your luggage being searched and tried to run from them of course they may react with the use of deadly force.

If that is my personal liberties going.. hell I could live with that.

[edit on 10-8-2006 by Knights]

link   

Originally posted by georgie101
another terror attack is definate though

everyone knows that. its gonna happen.
the IRA use to hit us every Christmas.

link   
To seek truth were the truth is being hidden is a great thing.

But to spectulate makes the truth seekers unsure of what the truth really is anymore

So for those who continue to speculate you are part of our problem.

Try and be part of our solution

link   
I totally agree that it is very definate that there will be another attempted attack I just say good luck to those who are trying to prevent anything like that happening, i really want to try and get involved - get a job at the MI5 or something, I'm definately going to keep my eyes peeled for anything dodgy happening - i think we all need to be aware of current threats to our lives and try and do everything we can do to prevent it!

link   
I think there is genuine concern what with mounting evidence over some of the recent terror attacks plus in the UK and USA there's has been plenty of 'wolf crying' such as Forest Gate and also when the tanks turned up at Heathrow with the gov saying 'well we can't tell you why' so we have a right to question what's going on.

Tony Blair and Bush have played a bad game with the whole War on terror gig as countless dead (and innocent) men, women and children would tell you if they were alive still. Then what with the murder and rape by soldiers and god only knows what else a right thinking person starts to actually wonder about any moral high ground we claim to occupy.

I for one hope an attack was stopped as any loss of life is awful but this looks to me more and more like one of those shadowy media manipulation techniques that are becoming familiar enough for us to actually recognise now.

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 10:29 AM
link   
new COBRA meeting is going on.

its interesting to see what comes out after the meeting and if any more security rescritions are being put in place.

top topics

<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join