It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Major terror plot thwarted in London 8-10-2006

page: 24
<< 21  22  23    25  26  27 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 11:14 AM
link   
I kind of understand the taking over of planes to attack major cities and fly them toward targets.

But like another member said many pages back, Why bringing materials to make bombs when the airplanes itself are flying bombs.

I don't get it.

Perhaps because after the fly from across the sea they would have been low on fuel?

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 11:15 AM
link   
Most of the terrorists are UK, or US born and bred. I understand how they feel when they see the horrors being committed in the Middle East, where they may have cousins, aunts and uncles etc.

However using a wrong to correct a wrong just doesn't work.

The only way peace can be made is when all weapons are done away with and respect is attributed to all people, regardless of ethnic background.

As a Judeau-Christian, I agree with the part of Shariah law in the Koran (Islam) that says women should dress modestly. I live by that code.

Many muslim men overseas think all UK women (except Muslim women) are in violation of that law and that we solicit ourselves.

I have had muslim men make suggestions that just because I was British that I flaunted myself. I don't speak to them. I have male and female friends on the net the world over and I don't prejudge them. However, all British women are judged as being solicitous as many women don't cover appropriately in their standards.

In Islam that is corruptible. Actually Judeau and Christian teachings also speak of modest dress.

I feel some extremists may feel that our society is tainted and that also adds to their grievance against us.

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 11:16 AM
link   
I just got a Text message on my cell phone that the Threat Level Just went up to Red ... Anyone have any more information on what is going on .. or what may be going on !? We may never hear about !??????? in TEXAS .. btw ...

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
I kind of understand the taking over of planes to attack major cities and fly them toward targets.

But like another member said many pages back, Why bringing materials to make bombs when the airplanes itself are flying bombs.

I don't get it.

Perhaps because after the fly from across the sea they would have been low on fuel?

Cause to turn it into a flying bomb, you have to hijack it and after 9/11 its extremely hard to hijack an American aircraft.

They probably planned to blow up the planes over the sea.

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 11:17 AM
link   

I don't get it.

There is an article on Time.com that talks about how there have been plans recovered on how to make portable (about the size of an iPod) poison gas mixers. Basically a dual chamber that would be mixed which would create something akin to zylokon b (what the Nazi's used in the gas chambers).
This would kill everyone on board an aircraft in minutes... done say OVER NYC or DC that plane careening out of the sky would cause massive and totally random destruction.
the time article is here

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 11:17 AM
link   
Blows my mind that they go to all this nonsense with making people take hair gell and water bottles out of their carry on baggage now when the borders are wide open for anyone to waltz right across. Why bother having any security at all if they won't close the borders? Crazyness is rampant in this administration. I just don't understand why americans aren't rioting to secure this border if they are so concerned with terrorists. MADNESS.

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mouth

Originally posted by Skadi_the_Evil_Elf

Well, basically, if you do some seaches on this thread, youll find alot about DIA (Denver International Airport. DIA is the subject of alot of theories. That its a secret government base. that its the headquarters for the NWO and police state. That it might be used as a concentration camp. And other beliefs.

Wow, that is alot of stuff to be going on at one place. And, that sure is alot of people to be paid off for something like that not to be leaked out.

Well, as I said, these are all theories. All I can say is DIA is certainly a pretty damn weird place.

But you wouldnt have to keep too many people quiet if pressure was applied in the right places.

I just saw on the news that alot of people stranded at heathrow are trying to get ferries to Europe to try and fly out of European airports.

link   

Originally posted by infinite

I don't get it.

Cause to turn it into a flying bomb, you have to hijack it and after 9/11 its extremely hard to hijack an American aircraft.

Has anyone thought how the best way to separate the US/UK friendship.

If the UK let a plane get to america how would the US react they would not be happy.

If you separate the US/UK bond you have a basis for chaos

link   
I AM in Texas as well, and I am facing the DFW airport.I have just seen two "puddle jumpers" ver-off the flight plan and head in a SE direction.. could it be houston they are going to?

Miller - out!

link   

The key here is while under the authority of the state.

The national Guard is basically under the authority of the feds now. The federal government can call them up anytime. The govenor calling em up is just a formality.

Oh, I’m loving this. First you responded because you said the Governor ordering up National Guard troops for security reasons was against Posse Comitatus. OK, proved wrong, changed story. Now it’s those darn pesky Feds again who can order up National Guard troops "any time" they want. The Governor's consent is just a formality.
Allow me again.

As one can see, it is difficult to invoke the Insurrection Act for a natural disaster unless the governor consents. Non-consensual federalization of troops must be done under the banner of preserving judicial authority or due process, rather than for the purpose of preserving law and order. In a natural disaster, if the governor wants to keep control, she or he has every authority to do so.

Linky

C’mon, read the link because you're wrong on this one too.
So what is now Skadi, what’s your most current story?

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by observer

Green Bay Wisconsin is where Bush is.

Ok. BBC got it wrong then. Oh well.

Anyone know what Bush was doing before this whole mess broke out anyway?

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by observer

Green Bay Wisconsin is where Bush is.

Ok. BBC got it wrong then. Oh well.

sitting on his porch with his feet up enjoying a nice cold beer?

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by infinite

OK but what was the desirable result then, kill people in the air?

For what?

To cause pain and suffering for their family members? or to avenge the death and destruction been cause by the invasion of Iraq and attacks on Lebanon?

To coming mass murder? I still don't get it . . . that would not prove nothing but more hatred toward middle east causes.

9/11 had more impact because it targeted an American city and an America icon.

I need more help with understanding the whole mentality of the mass murder theory.

Another thing supporters of the administration are calling for support for the Bush administration and his way of keeping US safe.

Weird.!!!!!!!

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by WestPoint23

As one can see, it is difficult to invoke the Insurrection Act for a natural disaster unless the governor consents. Non-consensual federalization of troops must be done under the banner of preserving judicial authority or due process, rather than for the purpose of preserving law and order. In a natural disaster, if the governor wants to keep control, she or he has every authority to do so.

So where is the natural or national disaster, hmmm?

Where is the need to call up national guard troops to keep order, hmm?

Last time I checked, it was but a threat, and one based in a foreign country traveling towards unspecified places in the US.

The national guard is still federal possesion. The governor calling them up is but a formality. They are still in spirit federal troops.

[edit: fixed quote tags]

[edit on 8/10/2006 by 12m8keall2c]

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by marg6040

Because as another member said it's very hard to hijack a plane after 9/11. One, the passenger issue, two, the cockpit door issue, three, the fact that today the military is more alert and prepared, and five the fact that the link between civil air traffic controllers and the military is well established.

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 11:25 AM
link   
He was probably dealing with PR about the blasted foregion exchange students from Egypt that are still running lose in this country...well, they caught one.

And apparantly, you can buy the makings of a bomb at the airport, since they sell fertilizer for the plants they sell.....Bush did bring that up in his address.

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Bush tests election clout in Midwest

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 11:26 AM
link   
HELLO?!?

Oplan Bojinka

The next plan would have involved at least five Al-Qaeda operatives, including Yousef, Khan, Shah and two more unknown operatives. Starting on January 21, 1995 and ending on January 22, 1995, they would set the bombs on 11 United States-bound airliners that had stopovers all around East Asia and Southeast Asia. All of the flights had two legs. The bombs would be planted inside life jackets under seats on the first leg, when each bomber would disembark. He would then board one or two more flights and repeat. After all of the bombers planted bombs on all of the flights, each man would then catch flights to Lahore, Pakistan. The men never needed U.S. visas, as they only would have stayed on the planes on their first legs in Asia.

And that was TEN YEARS AGO!

Are you people trying to tell me that these Terrorists are so Stupid and Dumb to dig out old plans and do a ReMix?

Amazingly the Terrorist Mastermind behind this Plots was Released by the FBI - and it looked like he was actually US government agent!

You People are not acting like ABOVE Top Secret members at all...

[edit on 10/8/06 by Souljah]

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 11:27 AM
link   
MSNBC....

Baby formula allowed...if tasted

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Souljah
You People are not acting like ABOVE Top Secret members at all...

[edit on 10/8/06 by Souljah]

because i already knew the information, i said about afew pages back the attempt that happened in the 1990s.

i got there first

top topics

<< 21  22  23    25  26  27 >>

join