It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Major terror plot thwarted in London 8-10-2006

page: 27
<< 24  25  26    28  29  30 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 12:14 PM
link   
So, nobody else has noticed who is missing from this thread, huh?

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by jlc163

Oh, come on, you know the Left Hollywood Elitists need their protection so that they can combat the TERROR of any right thinking.

Hehe, I hope that is a reference to the Film Actors Guild. hahahahahahah

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by WestPoint23
Don’t you think we should notice that LA and Boston were apparently targeted instead?

Mind providing a link for MA?

According to this:

Virginia's deputy homeland security director, Steven Mondul, said that in a morning conference call, federal officials pointed to New York's John F. Kennedy Airport, Los Angeles International and Dulles Airport outside Washington as "major destinations for flights originating from the United Kingdom." No specific warnings were issued for these facilities, he added.

Link.

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by 27jd
OMG, I think this is such a truck load of BS. It's really getting way too obvious that all these terror threats, videos, etc. are staged since they always haul them out when the republicans are having election troubles. You'd think eventually more people would catch on....

Well, here goes, more people would catch on... if they actually had a brain and used it. This is pure sheeple fodder. The timing couldn't be better could it!

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by hogtie
So, nobody else has noticed who is missing from this thread, huh?

Who? And maybe they are just not logged in yet.....

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by MauiStacey
Does anyone think those 11 missing egyptian students will tie into this somehow?

I was thinking about that when I heard the news this morning.

Only through misdirection, maybe.

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by valkeryie
The timing couldn't be better could it!

I dunno, it probably could since it has become so glaringly obvious, to a few of us at least, lol....after hearing of the reps election woes, I was waiting for this. They do not disappoint at all, well they do but they not as far as being predictable goes....

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 12:20 PM
link   

A U.S. intelligence official said the plotters had hoped to target flights to major airports in New York, Washington and California.

Link

Hey if I was the Governor of those states I’d be anxious too, and I thought Logan airport was included but apparently it wasn’t. Satisfied "MA"? Or should Governors ask you and Skadi when it’s appropriate to call up the National Guard?

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Actually, the article I posted above is full of little gems...

Chertoff said there was no indication of plotting in the United States but said officials cannot assume that the terror operation in Britain had been completely thwarted. He said the plot appeared to be engineered by al-Qaida, the terrorist group that carried out the Sept. 11, 2001, attack against the United States.

...He added, however, that "because the investigation is still under way we cannot yet form a definitive conclusion."

and...

One aviation security expert, Douglas Laird, said the foiled plot eerily resembled a 1994-1995 plan code-named "Bojinka" that Sept. 11 mastermind Khalid Shaikh Mohammed had overseen to blow up 11 airliners simultaneously.

[edit on 10-8-2006 by loam]

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 12:21 PM
link   
I got the feeling that the national guard stuff is all for more impact and to get more reaction from the people in the states that are doing that.

I would not be surprised like somebody said before that other R states will join in the show of solidarity toward the steps in providing a safe Nation

Now with that said I will add that the whole They want to kills us propaganda is nothing than that propaganda to forget the real issue behind the agression.

Perhaps the years of invasion in the past topple with the way US seems to help take out governments to bring others that while friendly to US interest are also corrupted, with the support of Israel knowing their excursions reclaiming land that is seen by other nations as not theirs. . .Will be enough to create enemies abroad no only in the middle east but all over the globe.

So is always best to come to conclusions not by the spoon fed propaganda but by the actual facts that has created the hate and discontent.

It is not that just recently the middle east decided to target US and kill us all this has a cause and effect that took years.

After all we are invading the middle east as we speak, or some forgot Iraq.?

Look what Israel is doing also in the name of self defense.

I guess we seem to believe what it best serve our own personal ideologies.

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by 27jd
Who? And maybe they are just not logged in yet.....

All I'm saying is that Stumason, Pieman, and subz have been absent from this post since it began. They are always posting, nearly every day, without fail.

I'll I'm saying is that I hope they are ok.

Run Forrest! Run!

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mouth

Originally posted by jlc163

Oh, come on, you know the Left Hollywood Elitists need their protection so that they can combat the TERROR of any right thinking.

Hehe, I hope that is a reference to the Film Actors Guild. hahahahahahah

Sure, but my figurehead was actually Greenday. I don't really like it when people write songs of a political nature, since the easiest way to be indoctrinated is through music. (Am a music major and learn things TO music, so I do know a bit about what I'm talking.) And I so liked Greenday before their last album.

OFF SUBJECT: Has anyone caught the weird way of making Hezbolla sound more like EBOLA (same inflection and all.)

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 12:23 PM
link   
Funny, gas prices dropped today...

www.wtap.com...

This is a folied plot and we should be glad that those people did not die. This is similar to a plot that was uncovered in I beleive 95 with chemicals to be used on planes.

the activation of the National guard is simply a proactive measure, and has nothing to do with party affiliation. We want to be prepared, right? Logan is where the 9/11 hijackers departed from and the LA is a major area prime for an attack.

It just always gets me when people constantly put down the government, when it is other people who are causing this. If our country wanted martial law, do you not think the CIA would have had an attack right after 9/11. Why wait???

This is not about fearmongering unless you buy into it. and if you do, you can probably name all the past American Idol winners but have no idea who the vice president is.

Congrats to the London Police and others who uncovered this plot.

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by WestPoint23
Or should Governors ask you and Skadi when it’s appropriate to call up the National Guard?

No need to be touchy, WestPoint23. Just making an observation.

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 12:28 PM
link   
bbc news at 6 has gone back to reporting about israel and lebanon for the moment,

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Oh, and why the hell does all of this HAVE to be only our government plotting???

The Terrorist want war. They believe God is on their side and that they will prevail against ANY superior weapons. They want a united Musslim state against everyone else. They think they will win. If I was a part of such a group, I'd mauver ANY president into office that would be willing to FIGHT BACK, who appers to the general public as stupid...because maybe he is. Maybe, jsut maybe, if I was careful enough, I could be THE next prophet and unite Musslims agaisnt their heathen neighbors.

Just because America is the center of the universe doesn't mean it's the center of all conspiracies.

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 12:29 PM
link   
The whole thing looks like another Israeli 'false flag' operation to me. "By deception we do war."

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by esdad71
...you can probably name all the past American Idol winners but have no idea who the vice president is...

Kelly Clarkson
Ruben Studdard
Fantasia Barrino
Carrie Underwood
Taylor Hicks

And isn't the other guy, DICK?

(Ok, I had to look up the first list, but had no problem with VP Darth Vader. Sue me.)

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by johnlear
The whole thing looks like another Israeli 'false flag' operation to me. "By deception we do war."

Ok, which palestininas are working WITH Israel?

It is hard to think of any real frinedship between ANY Jew and Arab of any sort I know...and I know a whole bunch of them.

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by johnlear

Interesting. Just what part in this do you think Israel plays?

Not that I doubt you. Its possible, especially given israel's past involving stuff like this.

top topics

<< 24  25  26    28  29  30 >>

join