It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Major terror plot thwarted in London 8-10-2006

page: 25
<< 22  23  24    26  27  28 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by observer
This would kill everyone on board an aircraft in minutes... done say OVER NYC or DC that plane careening out of the sky would cause massive and totally random destruction.

Thanks for the link,

I imagine that an attack like that will work in a close environment like subway or an airplane.

But once the Airplane explodes on the air, the only treat will be flying debris, I don't think that gases could be released and kill anybody below the explosion on the ground.

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Some seventy years ago Mencken summed it up well.

The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.
H. L. Mencken

Sound familiar?

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by loam

Originally posted by Skadi_the_Evil_Elf
Anyone know what Bush was doing before this whole mess broke out anyway?

Bush tests election clout in Midwest

This is my vein of thought also. The day after 3 incumbents were thrown out of office, spelling doom for the majority Republican Congress, this happens. Come on, can anyone say "Feeding the paranioa". The timing is very suspect for a free thinker.

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Anyone know what Bush was doing before this whole mess broke out anyway?

Oh...THAt explains why some quotes from Dem. leaders are saying/hinting that this whole plot was designed to plump up his favor...so he'd have more clout. Impressive timing, I can say, but doubtful.

Argh, I hate waking up to Rush Limburger's show..nothing worse than waking up to anyone's ranting...but I've gotten more info from there this morning than I really wanted.

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 11:32 AM
link   
My question is isn't this already a little done?
They used planes last time and now they are trying planes again?
Where is plan B? If this was so organized and yet so easily taken down where are the real guys?
All this time later and this is what they come up with?

Trust me I didn't want this to happen like the rest of you but it seems a little amateur to me. Like lets make everyone look over here and then BAM Plan B.

I'm still waiting for the other shoe to drop personally and not to be a doomsdayer either.

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 11:34 AM
link   
OK back to the conspiracy angle.

Interesting to bring what was on the planning 10 years ago to try and do it now after the security on Air lines has been increased after 9/11.

It does sounds fishy.

I imagine that with the borders open it has been plenty of time to make plans for something more obscure and terrible without the need of airplanes.

Why try to do something that is already been documented all over again.

I doesn't make sense.

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 11:35 AM
link   
That is why I love this site, cause it amazes me how people try to play six degrees of separation, conspiracy edition.

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 11:36 AM
link   
Does anyone remember just after 9/11 a sotry came out about an actor (Peter Coyote maybe?) who had been on a flight in August with some ME men who were acting so strangely it prompted him to call the FBI .... anyone remember that story? I think it was around Aug 10th.
Terrorists have to practice a lot to get it right. Where has all the practice taken place? Do we all still have our eyes OPEN?
A year ago I was in Home Depot, and saw a man with 4 women in burkas (sp?) ... not just the regular thing either .... all black, and not one bit of them was showing except slits around the eyes which appeared to have heavy black eyeliner. They were fairly hard to ignore to begin with, but one of them had a garden sprayer and was prentending to spray the others in a very odd way ... lots of strange body language, and snickering. It was a very creepy experience. The room mate I was with did report it to the authorities when we left.
I think it's important to keep our eyes open.
They've been practicing somewhere ...

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by DDay
They used planes last time and now they are trying planes again?
Where is plan B?
Sadly, planes are still the best option for terror. Busses in big cities still work, but planes are just more dramatic.

I'm just waiting for them to take over a cruise ship full of either old people or gays. That's flashy enough to rile people.

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 11:37 AM
link   
I love this site too. I posted all this info earlier on the bottom of page 15 of this thread and it wasent picked up on. Its still there if anyones interested?
oh well.. back to my sandwich.

link   

Originally posted by Mouth
That is why I love this site, cause it amazes me how people try to play six degrees of separation, conspiracy edition.

well, this is a conspiracy site.

more flights to be cancelled tomorrow at Heathrow.

link   

So where is the natural or national disaster, hmmm?

Where is the need to call up national guard troops to keep order, hmm?

Did you read my links? Because if you had you would have realized that the Governor can call up National Guard troops for virtually any situation he/she sees fit, not just on Natural Disaster scenarios. And yes he/she can order National Guard troops to provide security and to support to law enforcement officials.

Last time I checked, it was but a threat, and one based in a foreign country traveling towards unspecified places in the US.

See above.

The national guard is still federal possesion. The governor calling them up is but a formality. They are still in spirit federal troops.

Ok so you have not read my links and are just refusing to admin you're wrong. There are only three circumstances in which the President can Federalize the National Guard without the consent of the Governor, and this current situation does not fall under any of those three circumstances. Again, this is not a formality, its US law. Don’t make me provide more information which would show that it is not just a "formality".

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 11:41 AM
link   

WASHINGTON -- President Bush, running against a powerful head wind of opposition to the war in Iraq, this week begins road-testing his ability to influence the outcome of the fall elections despite his weakened political status.

I am sure his political status will be strengthened now.

Just like the Bin laden warnings two days before the 2004 elections.

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Then the British government is calling the whole thing Sophisticated plots but what kind of sophistication when this is not new.

The more and more I look at it and what is going on behind the scene with the politics and political troubles this is starting to look more and more like a indeed very sophisticated but by who?

BTW we have muslins women around here wearing burkas and I have not see anything wrong with them beside feeling pity with the troubles they most be having with the suffocating heat.

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by simon_alex0327
I love this site too. I posted all this info earlier on the bottom of page 15 of this thread and it wasent picked up on. Its still there if anyones interested?
oh well.. back to my sandwich.

it was posted earlier on in the thread too

interesting stuff

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by adramatree
They were fairly hard to ignore to begin with, but one of them had a garden sprayer and was prentending to spray the others in a very odd way ... lots of strange body language, and snickering. It was a very creepy experience. The room mate I was with did report it to the authorities when we left.
Sad that we ought to anymore.

But the reporting it worries me AS MUCH as their behavior would. I do know what it's like to have someone repoprt for piddling things and have had a Barny Fife thinking about his duty more than the people he hurts. For all we know they may have a bee problem, and one of them is allergic, so someone's picking a bit meanly. Still needed to be checked, I guess.

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 11:45 AM
link   
OK...here is something real spooky...

I just watched Bush give his speech at the airport... HE only needed to look at his notes a few times!!! When has that EVER happened????

Looked too well rehearsed, imo.

OK, maybe I'm graspin' for straws...

But still....

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 11:47 AM
link   

I just watched Bush give his speech at the airport... HE only needed to look at his notes a few times!!! When has that EVER happened????

OK, maybe I'm graspin' for straws...

But still....

Look where he's at. They have nothing but time to study their small speeches there.

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 11:47 AM
link   
BBC are doing their best to scare us.

they said "expect a wave of attack" and "loss of lives"

..abit uncalled for

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 11:48 AM
link   

I also noticed that he seemed gasping for air, for some reason he was making good emphasis in how everything is done with restrictions is to make America safe.

new topics

top topics

<< 22  23  24    26  27  28 >>

join