It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do you to pay the points to repost the same avatars?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2005 @ 07:04 PM
link   
i see other people who have post back their same avatars for a few days or weeks after posting a new one and then going back to the old one. i was wondering if they just save the ones they pay for and dont need to expend points, and that it can be put back on for free, or that you have to pay it again to put the same old avatar.

posted on Jul, 25 2005 @ 07:06 PM
link   
You dont need points to have an avatar.. they're all in your upload space (as long as you have enough space). Just change the link to whichever one you want in your settings menu. The avatar is free... but things like the background color, text color and stuff.. those cost points. You can change your avatar as many times as you want... and it's all free.

[STAY COOL)
-prophetmike

[edit on 7/25/05 by prophetmike]

posted on Jul, 25 2005 @ 07:07 PM
link   
There is currently no cost for having, placing, and replacing avatars.
As the gross GDP of ATS points begins to increase, that may change.
Just joking on the last mention.

seekerof

[edit on 25-7-2005 by Seekerof]

posted on Jul, 25 2005 @ 07:08 PM
link   
Avatars are free, you just pay for upload space here on ATS. but you can host your avatars or pictures off site. At places like imageshack and photobucket, in in turn at no cost

posted on Jul, 25 2005 @ 07:10 PM
link   
For those who change their avatars more often than they change their underwear, is that just a script cycling the URLs? Or what?

I've always wondered about that...

I don't mind having the same one for long periods of time, but folks like Seekerof and WorldWatcher have a new one on every page.

posted on Jul, 25 2005 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by WyrdeOne
For those who change their avatars more often than they change their underwear, is that just a script cycling the URLs? Or what?

I THINK its a CGI script... not entirely sure... at first I thought perhaps JavaScript.. but then realized how would they do that...

I'm STILL not sure myself.. but am leaning toward a CGI script. I hope SO or someone who KNOWS can come to answer this... it's an interesting thought indeed.

[STAY COOL)
-prophetmike

posted on Jul, 25 2005 @ 07:20 PM
link   
All that Iv seen on here have been PHP, which is what mine was too. It just randomly selected an image in a directory that I set and displayed it.

posted on Jul, 26 2005 @ 12:23 AM
link   
And if you hate someones avatar, run Firefox with the Adblock extention and delete as you see fit.

posted on Jul, 26 2005 @ 12:25 AM
link   
Everyone I know here that did it was php scripted.

posted on Jul, 26 2005 @ 12:32 AM
link   
I change mine the old fashioned way. I just CC&P the code when the notion strikes me, which is pretty often these days.

new topics

top topics

join